Nursing Mamas TTC June - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Harmony96, ugh, a whole pile of overdue library books!???  Noooooo!  I have had that happen too; what a sinking/stinking feeling!!

OdinsMommy - HOOOOOORAY!!  Congratulations.  I also noticed I did not have a sex drive until AF came back.  How many PPAFs have you had now?  Wowow; hope to join you in the next few months!

jips, I had quite a bit of brown bleeding with my DS's pregnancy and he turned out great.  You very well may be fine.  Should stop within a week or so.  But I hear ya; it's VERY disconcerting.  I was definitely anxious about it the whole time I had it.   I ended up going to the doc earlier than I might have otherwise to make sure things were OK.  I say do whatever you need to to reassure yourself things are going well, including going to the doc to talk about it.

JMJ, I thought return to fertility was for the reasons you mentioned, too.  Thank you for sharing/reaffirming!

AFM....CD5.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  I do really want a late spring/early summer baby next year, so I guess having to wait another 1-4 months to get pregnant is OK.  It's just hard to wait!  lol

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I'm still following everyone here daily in this thread, though I've been more active in the 2WW Support thread since I've been going crazy during this time... I'm hoping I can see what anyones thoughts are on my situation... I'm 12dpo, and had a bit of spotting today, but so far no AF.  I also had a tiny amount at 10dpo, but it was so little that if hadn't been studying the toilet paper each and every time I would have missed it.  But this mornings was a bit more, but still it isn't very much.  It is very light pink, mixed in with clear cervical fluid, almost streaky.  In past cycles, if I get spotting, is it usually a brighter red and there is more, and it doesn't take long for AF to start flowing (by end of day).  My  temps are still above the coverline (well, for what my temping is worth-- it is consistently inconsistent, if that makes any sense (my DS is a frequent night nurser, so lots of disrupted sleep)--I've been able to see a biphasic pattern, so I know at least that I O'd.  So, could a person get spotting like this and still get a bfp?  I was planning on testing once I was 18dpo... that is, as long as AF stays away!  And, let's say if someone were pregnant and had spottinglike this, what would it be caused from this late/ this many days?

Odin'sMommy, a big congrats to you!!!!!  How exciting!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 06-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Thanks! It was probably my 12th PPAF. I had 35 day cycles until my chemical in March then two 42-day cycles and then the BFP this cycle. 

I too wanted a late spring/early summer baby. We wanted Odin to have his 3rd birthday before a sibling arrived. Well, we moved up TTC and obviously had a quick success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

OdinsMommy - HOOOOOORAY!!  Congratulations.  I also noticed I did not have a sex drive until AF came back.  How many PPAFs have you had now?  Wowow; hope to join you in the next few months!

AFM....CD5.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  I do really want a late spring/early summer baby next year, so I guess having to wait another 1-4 months to get pregnant is OK.  It's just hard to wait!  lol

I've had many friends spot through their first trimester even a few with heavy bleeding. So, you certainly could still get a BFP. Some had spotting for a short time perhaps from late implantation, while others had bleeding for an extended period related to SCH. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzinsMama View Post

Hi everyone, I'm still following everyone here daily in this thread, though I've been more active in the 2WW Support thread since I've been going crazy during this time... I'm hoping I can see what anyones thoughts are on my situation... I'm 12dpo, and had a bit of spotting today, but so far no AF.  I also had a tiny amount at 10dpo, but it was so little that if hadn't been studying the toilet paper each and every time I would have missed it.  But this mornings was a bit more, but still it isn't very much.  It is very light pink, mixed in with clear cervical fluid, almost streaky.  In past cycles, if I get spotting, is it usually a brighter red and there is more, and it doesn't take long for AF to start flowing (by end of day).  My  temps are still above the coverline (well, for what my temping is worth-- it is consistently inconsistent, if that makes any sense (my DS is a frequent night nurser, so lots of disrupted sleep)--I've been able to see a biphasic pattern, so I know at least that I O'd.  So, could a person get spotting like this and still get a bfp?  I was planning on testing once I was 18dpo... that is, as long as AF stays away!  And, let's say if someone were pregnant and had spottinglike this, what would it be caused from this late/ this many days?

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

odinsmommy--great news about the positive BFP!!

cellist--i feel ya.  the waiting is so hard.  i originally wanted an autumn baby. :)

tenzinsmama--keep us posted! 

AFM--CD 9 and ECWM with pink streaks.  I only stopped spotting (finishing off AF) two days ago.  Could this be ovulation spotting already? 

Sad to say, I haven't temped since AF started so I'm relying on symptons.  The OPK was (-), of course.  What do all you think?

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hey mamas, checking back in here! I've been gone for a while due to family stuff and a string of births in a row but have been checking in on my iPhone whenever I get a minute! Unfortunately, it's been a stressful month, and I'm not even sure if I o'ed as a result! I just found out my parents are getting divorced after three decades of marriage. I also caught 5 babies in the last week (including my biggest yet, 12lbs 9oz)! I think I'm about 2dpo. The only day we got to dtd was my very first of three days of egg-white mucous, and my first dry day was yesterday. Just a guess, but it was about CD 18-20 which is the same day I ovulated last cycle. So hopping back on the TTC train (despite our iffy timing) and this thread!

Also, CONGRATS to all the BFPs, yay OdinsMommy, krjt and any others! joy.gif Thinking of the rest of you also at your various places in your cycle, and sending fertile thoughts! Bugglette, any update with you and your mysterious month?

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 AM

Wow! What a stressful month you've had! So amazing all the babies you've caught this week. As for the parents, my family is enduring the same thing as my dad left my mom 2 days before their 39th anniversary. It's quite surreal, isn't it? Hope for TTC success for you even with the "iffy" timing. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Hey mamas, checking back in here! I've been gone for a while due to family stuff and a string of births in a row but have been checking in on my iPhone whenever I get a minute! Unfortunately, it's been a stressful month, and I'm not even sure if I o'ed as a result! I just found out my parents are getting divorced after three decades of marriage. I also caught 5 babies in the last week (including my biggest yet, 12lbs 9oz)! I think I'm about 2dpo. The only day we got to dtd was my very first of three days of egg-white mucous, and my first dry day was yesterday. Just a guess, but it was about CD 18-20 which is the same day I ovulated last cycle. So hopping back on the TTC train (despite our iffy timing) and this thread!

Also, CONGRATS to all the BFPs, yay OdinsMommy, krjt and any others! joy.gif Thinking of the rest of you also at your various places in your cycle, and sending fertile thoughts! Bugglette, any update with you and your mysterious month?

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 AM

Congrats to OdinsMommy!

Well, like most of us, I don't know what is going on! I thought yesterday that I was 10dpo, but I had a lot of EWCM. I took an OPK yesterday late morning and it was negative, but there was a faint line. I waited until about 10:30 pm to do another one and then there was *barely* a line at all. : /  If I was 10dpo would an OPK look positive? I thought I've seen some use OPKs to predict pregnancy? I was trying to decide if I should use a HPT today, but now I'm almost sure it will be BFN.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

Good news and bad news!

Went to the Dr today and got my IUD out! biggrinbounce.gif (non hormonal)

I should be ovulating around the 13th based on my last period BUT I apparently have (and have had it for a while now...) bacterial vaginosis! The Dr said b/c I am so healthy and eat so well/drink so much water I haven't had the real fishy smell or itching or anything b/c my body kept flushing it out. However I am infected and it infected my bladder too I guess...IDK I have had bleeding and cramping for like 5 months on and off and went to the Dr and she said it was fine everything was ok (so I am so healthy she didn't even know I had it!) but she said it was probably just that all along.

The vaginally inserted antibiotics are required for 5 days and she said no sex for a week! (my fertile week!) So I guess there is next month!

Be happy you didn't have any symptoms! I had incredible pain after sex for like 6 months before I finally switched doctors and they found out what it was! Maybe stress or the medication will be your body delay O? :-P

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:

Good news and bad news!

Went to the Dr today and got my IUD out! biggrinbounce.gif (non hormonal)

I should be ovulating around the 13th based on my last period BUT I apparently have (and have had it for a while now...) bacterial vaginosis! The Dr said b/c I am so healthy and eat so well/drink so much water I haven't had the real fishy smell or itching or anything b/c my body kept flushing it out. However I am infected and it infected my bladder too I guess...IDK I have had bleeding and cramping for like 5 months on and off and went to the Dr and she said it was fine everything was ok (so I am so healthy she didn't even know I had it!) but she said it was probably just that all along.

The vaginally inserted antibiotics are required for 5 days and she said no sex for a week! (my fertile week!) So I guess there is next month!

Yay for getting your IUD out. Boo for BV, apple cider vinegar helps with keeping it at bay and getting rid of it as well. I read about it on mothering so you can search it and i'm sure.

Quote:

Harmony96, ugh, a whole pile of overdue library books!???  Noooooo!  I have had that happen too; what a sinking/stinking feeling!!

jips, I had quite a bit of brown bleeding with my DS's pregnancy and he turned out great.  You very well may be fine.  Should stop within a week or so.  But I hear ya; it's VERY disconcerting.  I was definitely anxious about it the whole time I had it.   I ended up going to the doc earlier than I might have otherwise to make sure things were OK.  I say do whatever you need to to reassure yourself things are going well, including going to the doc to talk about it.

JMJ, I thought return to fertility was for the reasons you mentioned, too.  Thank you for sharing/reaffirming!

Aw, the wait is so hard isn't it? I tease DH that TTC is like being in the Army, it's all about the hurry up and wait!

Quote:

It could be implantation as implantation can happen 6-10dpo and they say the majority of women have implantation more around 8-10dpo! So that could be great news for you! With my first something very similar happened. It was my first month off BCPs and I had the same spotting off and on for a few days. Thought it was just a really lame, early and lazy period and my body was still getting use to being off the hormones. I didn't even think to test until I got hit by the first round of HG at about 6 weeks! Crossing my fingers that this is implantation spotting for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

odinsmommy--great news about the positive BFP!!

cellist--i feel ya.  the waiting is so hard.  i originally wanted an autumn baby. :)

tenzinsmama--keep us posted! 

AFM--CD 9 and ECWM with pink streaks.  I only stopped spotting (finishing off AF) two days ago.  Could this be ovulation spotting already? 

Sad to say, I haven't temped since AF started so I'm relying on symptons.  The OPK was (-), of course.  What do all you think?

I'm not sure. I know that this cycle I had spotting at the end of my period and then spotted again 2 days later but i did not have any EWCM yet. So maybe it could be? How often are you testing with OPKs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Welcome back and what a month you've had! I'm so sorry for your parents divorce. But yay to all those wonderful and amazing babies!!! Maybe it's a good sign for this month for you! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

Congrats to OdinsMommy!

Well, like most of us, I don't know what is going on! I thought yesterday that I was 10dpo, but I had a lot of EWCM. I took an OPK yesterday late morning and it was negative, but there was a faint line. I waited until about 10:30 pm to do another one and then there was *barely* a line at all. : /  If I was 10dpo would an OPK look positive? I thought I've seen some use OPKs to predict pregnancy? I was trying to decide if I should use a HPT today, but now I'm almost sure it will be BFN.

Ive read of people getting + OPKs when pregnant, if you are a HPT would be positive as well (from what i've read as i have no personal experience). Sorry i'm not much of an expert!

AFM: Had some spotting the night of the IUI and then again this morning only once. Temping has been an impossibility which is driving me batty, DS has been up a good hour before i normally get up to temp and he hasn't been going back to sleep. So I'm not getting any consistancy and the weather took a turn for the hot and I've been sleeping with a fan on, so my temps are actually lower than normal. I think i may just drop temping for the rest of this month.

Also, i have a really neat OPK pic that shows how little difference there is between a negative and a positive that i might post. I find that i get the most frustration with opks, anyone else do the whole 'is it positive, i think its positive, oh no that's positive' dance?

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Old 06-10-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Updated!  (sorry I've been MIA this week...busy busy!)

JMJ - I, uh....tend to play around with my temps to see what would happen shy.gif   There was a streak of many days where I either did not temp at all, or the temps were inaccurate for one reason or another so I just took those ones out all together, since it is pretty obvious I did not O that first spike, and I'm hoping it will create a more accurate picture of what is going on.  I think I need to stop talking about the things I am SURE about, I seem to be very very wrong lately, lol

Harmony - Gotta love/hate those dreams!  I had a pretty vivid BFP dream earlier this week and my sister told me that she also had a dream (the same night) that I got PG this cycle and didn't tell her until after I had delivered the baby, lol    My last BFP dream was during the cycle that my sister got PG (miscarriage), so I'm hoping one of us will get knocked up soon, lol

krjt - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

carmen - I was going to go in for a blood test, but I figure I'm just having a really weird cycle and it would be neg anyway.  I hope this doesn't continue for too much longer, TWO super long and crazy cycles in a row!  So not cool  (I thought, before, that my 51 day cycles were annoying eyesroll.gif)

sosurreal - WELCOME!!!!  I found this list:  http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/pregnancy/baby/TTC-ABCs--Preconception-acronyms-1135.htm    and yay! goodbye IUD!!

OdinsMommy - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

blissful_maia - Good to see you back!  I'm sorry things have been so stressful for you lately!   I hope you caught that eggy!

texasfarmom - I've heard that OPKs as HPT are less sensitive than just using a HPT.  Also, I think the OPK would need to be positive (test line equal to, or darker than the control) to be considered equal to a + HPT.   Also, it is normal to have a little estrogen spike (estrogen is responsible for the creation of fertile CM) about a week after ovulation.

AFM:    whistling.gif     Luckly I've been busy with other things, so i don't have too much time to obsess.

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the link!

So is anyone going to try anything special to keep up supply once pregnant? I know I should anticipate my milk drying up, but I feel like I want to try what I can to keep it up for DD. I was reading about mother's milk two which is safe for pregnant nursing moms to try and increase supply. Also anyone trying to start a stash before they conceive? (I don't have one yet but I was thinking of making one.)

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 PM

blissful_maia---It is nice to see you around again. :) 

sosurreal09---I was preggers with DS in DD's third year.  I still had milk up until the 3rd trimester.  I drank alot of water and took good supplements. 

Aka mommy --Yes, a photo of a +OPK would be great.  I am constantly getting ones that I am unsure of the result.  BTW, thanks for the input.  I am only taking OPKs when I see signs of impending ovulation.

AFM--No spotting today, just that 1x of pink-streaked EWCM yesterday.  And today I have dcm.  Go figure. 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Thank you Bugglette and Aka mommy for replying.

I broke down and did poas after I posted. BFN of course. I thought I could stop worrying about OPKs/mucus/bding if I got a BFP of course! And, I wanted to know if I might have Oed when I thought for more accurate EDD purposes. That is probablly so silly though!! redface.gif *** I also used 3 OPKs today and they got progressively darker throughout the day. DH and I haven't BDed in a while so I told him tonight was the night! I hope I am Oing this time and we catch the egg!!

***I knew with DD when I Oed and she was born RIGHT ON the EDD I calculated and my OB agreed with.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the link!

So is anyone going to try anything special to keep up supply once pregnant? I know I should anticipate my milk drying up, but I feel like I want to try what I can to keep it up for DD. I was reading about mother's milk two which is safe for pregnant nursing moms to try and increase supply. Also anyone trying to start a stash before they conceive? (I don't have one yet but I was thinking of making one.)

Lots of water. I breastfed through the 2nd trimester, then DD self weaned. I think she didn't like the taste of it, but supply was never an issue.

Quote:

blissful_maia---It is nice to see you around again. :) 

sosurreal09---I was preggers with DS in DD's third year.  I still had milk up until the 3rd trimester.  I drank alot of water and took good supplements. 

Aka mommy --Yes, a photo of a +OPK would be great.  I am constantly getting ones that I am unsure of the result.  BTW, thanks for the input.  I am only taking OPKs when I see signs of impending ovulation.

AFM--No spotting today, just that 1x of pink-streaked EWCM yesterday.  And today I have dcm.  Go figure. 

I'll list it below all my responses, since i suck at doing names how everyone else does it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

Thank you Bugglette and Aka mommy for replying.

I broke down and did poas after I posted. BFN of course. I thought I could stop worrying about OPKs/mucus/bding if I got a BFP of course! And, I wanted to know if I might have Oed when I thought for more accurate EDD purposes. That is probablly so silly though!! redface.gif *** I also used 3 OPKs today and they got progressively darker throughout the day. DH and I haven't BDed in a while so I told him tonight was the night! I hope I am Oing this time and we catch the egg!!

***I knew with DD when I Oed and she was born RIGHT ON the EDD I calculated and my OB agreed with.

Aw i'm sorry! Keeping my fingers crossed that you catch that egg!!! And I totally understand. With my other 3, I knew exactly when and we BD'ed one time each and I didn't have to do all that i'm doing now. But each is different and while frustrating, just think of all the fun practice baby making ;)

Not sure how well this will show up, but you can see that there is just the slightest of difference between my positives and negs, and i went on to go neg and then come back up positive a day later. Really odd. Before these days all of them were much fainter and i didn't have much of a question.

51f64c15.jpg

Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM

Aka Mommy--so is 6/10 the positive OPK?  It's hard for me to tell the difference! 

Are you using the Wondfo's?  That's what I have, too. :)

Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Aka Mommy--so is 6/10 the positive OPK?  It's hard for me to tell the difference! 

IMO the 6/10 is positive as well as the 6:30 pm on 6/8. But according to the digi the only positive I got was on 6/8. Very interesting and makes me think that the wondfo's may be more sensitive. Yes, they are Wondfos.

ASM: I think i'm probably out. I had light spotting day of IUI, which is normal. Then yesterday I started light pink spotting and thought 'OK I'm having ovulation spotting for the first time'. It continued into today, and now it's bright red. Sigh. Bummer. I'm thinking it's because i'm pretty sick. I was in the ER thursday night and then yesterday my PCP finally figured out I have bacterial food poisoning. So i've been sick since Monday, felt relief on Wednesday because i had no time to eat due to IUI's and then now every time i eat i'm hurling and doubled over in pain. I'm pretty bummed for my IPs.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the link!

You know...I didn't even think about the possibility of this....thanks for making me think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugglette View Post

carmen - I was going to go in for a blood test, but I figure I'm just having a really weird cycle and it would be neg anyway.  I hope this doesn't continue for too much longer, TWO super long and crazy cycles in a row!  So not cool  (I thought, before, that my 51 day cycles were annoying eyesroll.gif)

Makes sense...I hope the craziness stops with this cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post

Not sure how well this will show up, but you can see that there is just the slightest of difference between my positives and negs, and i went on to go neg and then come back up positive a day later. Really odd. Before these days all of them were much fainter and i didn't have much of a question.

At first glance...I think the 6:30pm looks the most positive to me (I didn't even see the little + and  - signs in front of 'digi'). However, it is odd that you would then get another dark one 2 days later with an obviously negative one in between....not sure what that means!

Afm: 9 DPO today and no AF! At least I made a 9 day LP so far! I don't really feel pregnant at all unfortunately. I had some cramping a few days ago but other than that there doesn't seem to be anything really obviously pointing to me being pregnant. Hoping AF stays away until at least Tuesday no matter what happens!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post

IMO the 6/10 is positive as well as the 6:30 pm on 6/8. But according to the digi the only positive I got was on 6/8. Very interesting and makes me think that the wondfo's may be more sensitive. Yes, they are Wondfos.

ASM: I think i'm probably out. I had light spotting day of IUI, which is normal. Then yesterday I started light pink spotting and thought 'OK I'm having ovulation spotting for the first time'. It continued into today, and now it's bright red. Sigh. Bummer. I'm thinking it's because i'm pretty sick. I was in the ER thursday night and then yesterday my PCP finally figured out I have bacterial food poisoning. So i've been sick since Monday, felt relief on Wednesday because i had no time to eat due to IUI's and then now every time i eat i'm hurling and doubled over in pain. I'm pretty bummed for my IPs.

Awwwww, I'm sorry.  I hope you're feeling better!  hug2.gif

I am starting af today. :(  I wonder if my lp is a teeny bit short?  I had a clear temp shift, though my opks and cm didn't coincide.  And then 11dpo, I think my temp dropped.  I had a slight fever early in the day, but by the evening, my temp was 97.45 and it's stayed down.  Does that mean short lp?  And my friend suggested bio identical hormones, they worked for her short lp.  Thoughts on that?  I am already taking vitex and a b-complex.  

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/202d6d

We've been trying 14mos now.  I get more depressed each time.  At least last night we had a sitter and we got to go to a wedding and see old friends and dance together.  I took full advantage of the open bar, too.  That made me feel a little better. 

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 AM

I was using the Wondfo myself, but I had loads of confusing strips so I switched to some other cheapies from early-pregnancy-tests.com. They worked much better for me. 

Quote:

Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 AM

OdinsMommy, thanks for the info on your cycles!  Did you have normal length LPs leading up to your BFP?  Congrats again.  And thanks for hanging out with us for a little longer. :)

blissful_maia, holy COW, what a month.  I'm so sorry for all of the stress.  But how exciting to catch all those babies...are you a midwife, doula, nurse, doctor...???

Aka Mommy - LOL about the "hurry up and wait."  I love it.  And are you feeling better this week?  I know you were sick!

I have no clue how to read those OPKs!!

AFM.  CD 8.  Lalala.  Nothing much going on.  Just hoping for a longer LP this cycle.  Or a BFP? 

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Honestly, I was using the Wondfo's for a couple cycles, and I could never tell when I got a true positive. AF would just finally show up. Then, I had the chemical pregnancy, which I was using Wondfo OPK strips throughout as well and were confusing throughout. So, I switched over to the other cheapies the next cycle, and I had ~15 day LP (wasn't temping so I don't know how soon after the positive OPK I ovulated). This last cycle, I just used the other cheapies and had a very clear positive with them (used a Wondfo to compare which looked positive but still hard to decipher), and I was also temping, which confirmed ovulation. I'm 14 DPO today with darkening +HPTs. Hope that wasn't too confusing. 

I hope you get your longer LP and caught the egg!!!

Quote:

OdinsMommy, thanks for the info on your cycles!  Did you have normal length LPs leading up to your BFP?  Congrats again.  And thanks for hanging out with us for a little longer. :)

AFM.  CD 8.  Lalala.  Nothing much going on.  Just hoping for a longer LP this cycle.  Or a BFP? 

Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmo View Post

I am starting af today. :(  I wonder if my lp is a teeny bit short?  I had a clear temp shift, though my opks and cm didn't coincide.  And then 11dpo, I think my temp dropped.  I had a slight fever early in the day, but by the evening, my temp was 97.45 and it's stayed down.  Does that mean short lp?  And my friend suggested bio identical hormones, they worked for her short lp.  Thoughts on that?  I am already taking vitex and a b-complex.  

We've been trying 14mos now.  I get more depressed each time.  At least last night we had a sitter and we got to go to a wedding and see old friends and dance together.  I took full advantage of the open bar, too.  That made me feel a little better. 

Marmo, sorry AF found you.  I'm pretty bummed out as well (I'm CD3) so I'm not exactly feeling like I can offer much in the way of words other than to say that I always find I get feeling better after the first week, because then I'm approaching O and my hope builds up again.  So hopefully you get feeling better soon (sounds like the wedding was a good antidote!).  Also, I think the 2WW takes a toll...all that waiting, counting the LP days, dreading the begin of falling temps, studying tp, etc.  The way I have been caluclating my LPs since ttcing after my DS, is the number of temps starting with the O spike and continuing with those those staying above the coverline until AF comes.  I never have to deal with a time delay between the drop under the coverline and AF, as it happens in a 24 hour period.  I'm thinking I'm doing it right, but I'm open to others' comments if maybe I've not quite got it down right?

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Sorry about AF hug2.gif As long as your temp stays above your coverline and af doesn't start it is still considered part of your LP. 11 days is on the short side but definitely not impossible to get pregnant! Have you read about B6 at all?

Quote:

Marmo, sorry AF found you.  I'm pretty bummed out as well (I'm CD3) so I'm not exactly feeling like I can offer much in the way of words other than to say that I always find I get feeling better after the first week, because then I'm approaching O and my hope builds up again.  So hopefully you get feeling better soon (sounds like the wedding was a good antidote!).  Also, I think the 2WW takes a toll...all that waiting, counting the LP days, dreading the begin of falling temps, studying tp, etc.  The way I have been caluclating my LPs since ttcing after my DS, is the number of temps starting with the O spike and continuing with those those staying above the coverline until AF comes.  I never have to deal with a time delay between the drop under the coverline and AF, as it happens in a 24 hour period.  I'm thinking I'm doing it right, but I'm open to others' comments if maybe I've not quite got it down right?

And sorry about your AF showing up too greensad.gif

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to follow in your footsteps. 10DPO for me, temp is down (still above coverline but significantly lower...) and a BFN this morning. I'll test again if AF stays away...

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 PM

Marfo "And then 11dpo, I think my temp dropped.  I had a slight fever early in the day, but by the evening, my temp was 97.45 and it's stayed down.  Does that mean short lp? " I am sorry about af, but I wouldn't worry overly much about an 11 day lp. I was frequently having only 10 and 11 days lp's when I conceived my dd, so hopefully that will be ok!

afam I am currently 11 dpo myself and holding my breath about a possible pregnancy. We didn't time it well this month (totally dh's fault, grrrr) but it is still possible, and 11 day lp is actually the longest I've had yet. My temps are still high. I had a BFN test yesterday so I'm trying not to get too excited about it. good luck to everyone else!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

You know...I didn't even think about the possibility of this....thanks for making me think about it!

Makes sense...I hope the craziness stops with this cycle!

At first glance...I think the 6:30pm looks the most positive to me (I didn't even see the little + and  - signs in front of 'digi'). However, it is odd that you would then get another dark one 2 days later with an obviously negative one in between....not sure what that means!

Afm: 9 DPO today and no AF! At least I made a 9 day LP so far! I don't really feel pregnant at all unfortunately. I had some cramping a few days ago but other than that there doesn't seem to be anything really obviously pointing to me being pregnant. Hoping AF stays away until at least Tuesday no matter what happens!

It wouldn't be the first time I double ovulated and am betting that is possibly what's going on. Especially from how i feel and then the spotting, which is completely gone today btw. I double ovulated when we conceived my ds. And since twins run in every generation on my side of the family . . . i'm not suprised. So that's what i'm thinking that other positive is for. But i'm not sure i quit testing because I got so sick

Quote:

Thank you, I'm feeling lots better as long as i dont eat lol!!!

I'm horrible at reading charts and new to it all, so I could be totally wrong but I believe I've read that as long as your LP is between 9-16 days you do not have an LP defect? My friend who was nursing and TTC that had a short LP was doing the progesterone cream, may be worthwhile researching. Can't give any insight as I've not taken the time to look into it as I have long LPs. Big hugs. It's such a rollercoaster and nursing during that time just adds to the TTC rollercoaster! But it sounds like you had an awesome night! And yay to open bars lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinsMommy0409 View Post

I was using the Wondfo myself, but I had loads of confusing strips so I switched to some other cheapies from early-pregnancy-tests.com. They worked much better for me. 

I've noticed that the difference is so minimal that I've had to really get use to the Wondfos and use them at least 4 times a day to see the differences once they start to get to that dark phase. There really is such a small difference between positive and negative that I can clearly see why so many people hate Wondfos and think they are positive when they arent. My friend loves the ones your using too. For me i'm ok with these since I use them in conjunction with the digitals.

Quote:

blissful_maia, holy COW, what a month.  I'm so sorry for all of the stress.  But how exciting to catch all those babies...are you a midwife, doula, nurse, doctor...???

Aka Mommy - LOL about the "hurry up and wait."  I love it.  And are you feeling better this week?  I know you were sick!

I have no clue how to read those OPKs!!

Thank you. I'm feeling a bit better. Glad the strep is gone, ready for this food poisoning to go away now lol! I cannot wait to eat. Though i teased dh that the 8 lbs I dropped in 5 days got me that much closer to my prepregnancy weight and my body always seems to need to be in the 140s for me to conceive. So now i'm a pound away from that so maybe this happened for a reason since I have put my running on hold as I wanted to continue bf'ing during the pregnancy and figure the extra fat stores will come in handy for milk supply lol.

So are you already in your LP stage? I'm crossing my fingers for you. Are your periods normally short? I always expect everyone else to still be on AF around CD 8-9 and then I remember that others actually have shorter periods lol.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Sending some dust.gif

Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Miracles do happen. Here I am with a seemingly "normal" 6 week pregnancy. That is AFTER having a period, spotting, bleeding, passing clot, and VERY low progesterone. I swear, I always thought those tv shows about having a baby and not knowing you were pregnant were crazy. Well I will jump aboard the crazy train...if I wasn't so in tune with my body and didn't know a lot about cycles and such I would not even know I was pregnant! But, thankfully I do so I can get the progesterone I need. :)

So, here I am officially admitting I am pregnant and I may actually stay pregnant! Still hard to believe...

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Yay Naturegirl! Did I miss it? How do you know you are still pregnant? I'm just wondering...certainly not trying to be a downer or hurt your feelings!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone! love.gif Cellist, I am a registered midwife in Ontario, Canada! I love my job, but boy can it be busy at times! At least a busy week always means a quiet week on the other side!

Re: all this discussion about OPKs, I have tried a few over the years (since my body usually waits almost 2 years to cycle again after each baby) and the ones from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com have always been the most accurate for me, even compared to CB digital etc.

As for me, just hanging out at what I think is about 5dpo. Nothing going on at the moment... I only have OPKs left though and my plan is to start using those at 12dpo and then to buy a FRER if I make it to 15dpo (the length of LP I had last month)!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I had another vivid dream last night.  Any of you guys remember the Rose Petal Place cartoon?  Where that girl had to move away from her beloved rose garden, and her tears that she cried onto the flowers turned them into life?  Anyway, I dreamed that I saw a commercial for a live performance of it, like Broadway musical style.  I can still "see" the costumes that the chorus was wearing, lol.  I was so excited when I saw the commercial that I went and told my mom, but she didn't remember the cartoon, and thus didn't share my excitement lol.  

In other news, my cycle is being VERY VERY odd this time.  I had some gas-type cramps all day yesterday, which I might have thought were O pains if I were later in my cycle, or if they didn't last ALL day.  But then, this morning, my temp rose.  I usually check my CP on the morning of a temp rise, just to make sure it's down and closed, but it was still high and sort of medium softness, very ambiguous.  But even before I checked my CP, I was thinking that today's temp would be discarded b/c I was awake off and on all night.  Still in bed, but awake.  And it was warm-ish in the house.  Also, this morning I was still cramping, so if my pains yesterday were O pains, then why was I still cramping?  Or maybe I had some O pains but they were just masked by my other digestive issuues, lol.  I didn't know what to think.  So THEN, I get on the computer and am reading my message boards and stuff, and have to go #2.  So I go in there and finally my cramps all end, lol, and then when I wipe, I see a huge glob of what could be EWCM.  It's yellow-tinted.  But I don't know if it's just leftover semen, since that can sometimes obscure a good "reading" on what type of CM one has.  How long does semen obscure CM anyway?  Twelve hours?  Twenty-four?  Oh, and another weird thing, usually after DH's and my "activities", I go to the bathroom and a big glob of semen either falls out into the toilet, or I feel a bunch of it when I'm wiping.  After yesterday afternoon's activities, there wasn't any seepage at all (and it wasn't stuck on DH, either).  And I *think* I heard ages ago that EWCM sort of acts as a magnet for semen and doesn't really let much of it leak out, if EWCM is present.  

I just wish I knew what was going on, lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.

User Tag List