Ovulation took over my brain! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ok, maybe the title is a little much, but looking back, I'm just a little surprised at what happened.  Just curious if this has happened to anyone else...  

So, I'm not charting right now, not TTC, totally convinced on 3 year child spacing.....but this cycle when I ovulated...it was crazy.  I got good ewcm, wanted to attack anything that was male, felt super strong O pains on both sides, tiny bit of brown O spotting the next day, had a bunch of unprotected "getting fresh" time with the hubs......knowing full well that I was fertile and could get pregnant...and that I don't want to be pregnant......but the rest of my body was like "shut up you stupid brain."  I could not get myself to care.  It's seriously like ovulation just took over my mind.  It's not typically me all.  Usually the most that happens is I get a couple days of ewcm and might bd once during that time.  might.  ...but O pain, spotting, insane libido, and reckless abandon IS unusual for me.

I know this is the TTC forum, and everyone here is trying to get pregnant, but I find this stuff all pretty fascinating, and just wanted to shoot the breeze about it and see if anyone's btdt.

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

sounds like it was meant to be!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#3 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 12:05 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, that was me for a few months before conceiving ds.  We were not TTC and had in fact talked about perhaps not even having a second child.  But after dd night weaned it was like boom!  My fertility returned with a vengeance and the ONLY time I was at all interested in DTD was when I was obviously fertile.  And I was definitely interested!   Dh was so excited about the increase in BDing that he didn't seem to care about the risk either. 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 05:39 PM

I saw this article last night and wanted to pass it along when I saw your thread. It's amazing what our minds will do, whether we want them to or not! http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/24/is-he-gay-ovulating-women-can-tell/?hpt=hp_t2

Mama to two June bugs, ages 3 and 5, and a m/c at 8wks on 8/11/11.Rainbow Girl rainbow1284.gif 7/25/12

#5 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 06:02 PM

My son is just a few weeks younger than yours and I just went through the same thing not too long ago. Luckily nothing happened! I'm still torn about a 4th, but I know DH is definitely a no go with that right now.

Almost crunchy momma to Adisyn (6), Gage (4) and Dellan (1)
#6 of 6 Old 06-25-2011, 06:31 PM

That has been totally happening to me the last few cycles. I don't think that I want a fourth for the majority of the month, then bang, ovulation hits and I am totally willing to take the risk, and obsessed with taking a risk, too. I feel like I am under the influence of hormones. I haven't become pregnant, but I think that I only because I am nursing my 2 yo a lot and have too short of a luteal phase.
I sooo get where you're coming from!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page