Birds Do it... Bees Do it... Even Ladies in their 40's do it..... Summer 40++++ TTC thread - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 456 Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumblossom View Post

Amommy, the "yin" pulse is one of the pulses that my acupuncturist checks. Apparently in traditional chinese medicine there is more than one pulse to check. She says that when the yin pulse is very depleted it means that you are approaching menopause. She said mine is still okay and she feels sure that it is just my body readjusting after the miscarriages. However, I still feel uncertain, as I've just had "AF", but it was pretty much a no show. I had a temperature drop at the right time, cramping, but nothing much more than a brown discharge. It's so frustrating, as I don't feel ready to give up.

As for your cycle is sounds like a "one off", but I believe as we get older we may have different cycles, but it doesn't mean it is all over for us. If you are worried about your LP being too short, you could try B vitamins.

Is anyone else eating primal/paleo? I've just read Nora Gedgauda's book Primal Body, Primal Mind. I love it, it seems to make so much sense. It's given me renewed vigour to stick to this way of eating. I'm hoping it may help me feel well and perhaps even help with fertility.

Miss Sonja, is feeling "odd" a sign of pregnancy for you? How many days post ovulation are you? Will you test?

I'm off to the farmer's market now - need to stock up on grass fed meats and goats cheese...

Yes my friend ghostwrote that book for her and is a good friend of Nora's. I swear by gluten free, legume free eating and fertility. I think good fats are also very important for fertility. I have not read Nora's updated book but I do know that she personally cut out dairy as she felt it was too inflammatory so I'm not sure of that info is in her updated book or not.

I eat paleo/high raw and think it is responsible for my fertility, healthy pregnancies, babies etc; I've eaten variations of raw/primal/paleo diets for many years now. It's something that works for me.

When I ate a grain based macrobiotic diet I didn't ovulate, tried fertility drugs etc; it took changing that and then as the years went on and I became older I actually got more fertile.

#452 of 456 Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

winter thread is up and running here http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1335938/warm-winter-wishes-and-bfps-40-ttc

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#453 of 456 Old 12-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do you feel are ways there are ways to stay pregnant? So much of what goes on here and things I know about are about getting pregnant. What about staying pregnant.

I do feel this is complicated. I mean you don't want to force a pregnancy if the fetus has issues but what about just keeping mom and baby strong??

#454 of 456 Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama66 View Post

Yes my friend ghostwrote that book for her and is a good friend of Nora's. I swear by gluten free, legume free eating and fertility. I think good fats are also very important for fertility. I have not read Nora's updated book but I do know that she personally cut out dairy as she felt it was too inflammatory so I'm not sure of that info is in her updated book or not.

I eat paleo/high raw and think it is responsible for my fertility, healthy pregnancies, babies etc; I've eaten variations of raw/primal/paleo diets for many years now. It's something that works for me.

When I ate a grain based macrobiotic diet I didn't ovulate, tried fertility drugs etc; it took changing that and then as the years went on and I became older I actually got more fertile.

Greenmama66-could you tell me more about your diet? I am wondering about specifics like meals, menus etc. (I have the book Nutritional Healing.)

#455 of 456 Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Hello Ladies,

I am new to the forum.  But I am sure glad that I found it.  My DH and I are getting ready to have a vasectomy reversal and start trying for our first child together.  I have three and he has 1 from previous marriages.  But something keeps pulling us in the direction of having a child together.  Here is the hard part.  I am 41 now and he is 55.  (I had not been worrying much about his age until I saw the post about the men's age from Contactmaya. :)   

I am concerned about how long it might take me to get pregnant.  My youngest is almost 12 and with all my other pregnancies all I had to do was think about getting pregnant and I was.  Will that happen again?  How long will it take my DH to have sperm after the reversal?  This is all a lot to think about.  I am worried that it will take too long.  I see that gumblossom has been through this part. 

Are we too late to try?  I am scared to have a baby after 43.  That is my mental cut off.  Is there anything that we can do to get the sprem coming sooner. :)

All your input will be great!

Samgat

#456 of 456 Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Samgat, welcome!  This thread is moved!  

Yes, I think you should go for it!  I have read some others stories here that are very inspiring with your situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post

winter thread is up and running here http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1335938/warm-winter-wishes-and-bfps-40-ttc

Good luck.  See ya round.

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page