Don't "July" TTC in our 30s can be fun with Bajingo Juice - July 2011 Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 240 Old 07-26-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Jessimaca, as far as lifestyle things, my BMI is not good, but I walk almost every day.  I am a vegetarian (who loves bread, my downfall) and vegetables and fruit are a big part of my diet, with whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds.  This month I am trying to limit the soy foods I take because it may be messing with my system.  I have started eating ground flaxseed again (I did it the first time when I was in depression over my father's untimely death and it made a lot of difference for me then).  I am taking a vitamin B complex (the prenatal vitamins cause me such severe constipation, I couldn't stand them).

In the Making Babies book by David and Blakeway, I fit into the Tired and Stuck categories.  It suggests in the Tired category to eat 50% complex carbs, 30 percent vegetables and fruit, and 20 percent high quality protein.  I am working at that.  It also suggests eating warm foods and avoiding cold or frozen foods.  It suggests eating lots of legumes like kidney beans, adzuki beans, and lentils.  I bought some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to eat.  I also have some brown rice, quinoa, kashi, barley, and oats I am going to cook up.  I am trying to keep to regular meal times, spending plenty of time to eat and chewing my food well.  I eat several small meals a day to try and stabilize blood sugar levels.  The book suggests eating ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cardamom, cayenne, rosemary, nutmeg, turmeric, and fennel because they are warming spices.

I have never been a cafffeine drinker or alcohol either.  Never liked the smell of coffee or alcohol, so why drink it.

I think I am going to pick up some chromium and L-arginine supplements as well as some chaste tree berry (to restore hormone balance by increasing LH and inhibiting the release of FSH which can improve progesterone levels since I usually don't ovulate until day 18 to 20 of my cycle.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#182 of 240 Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jessi - At first I stopped drinking during the TWW, but stopped that eventually. We're regular drinkers, wine with dinner, etc., so it was a big lifestyle change that felt pointless after a few cycles. I stick to a mostly bread, pasta, and potato-free diet. A real variety of vegetables (salads, tomatoes, beans, eggplants, squashes, peppers, carrots, beets, greens, more greens, more different greens, etc.), a lot of cheese, and a lot of protein. I started taking a Rainbow-brand prenatal at the insistence of my nutrition-freak friend. Six pills a day! But it's got a lot of stuff and she said she could even stomach it with severe morning sickness. Other than that my lifestyle didn't change. I worked out a lot less but that was more of an issue with being really busy at school, and lack of motivation due to the absence of races (didn't want to sign up for any and end up pregnant and unable to race...I won't race on a bike while pregnant). Oh, and I drank a ton of coffee 2-4 cups a day, always homebrewed in the morning. Always have. 

Maybe I'm a model of what NOT to do?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#183 of 240 Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM

I took this this afternoon in front of the house. I <3 my zinnias. I've never been good with non-edible plants, but the zinnias worked well, are still alive, and are attracting these beauties!

216665_10100460810319278_5717300_56495656_2705940_n.jpg

251629_10100460812415078_5717300_56495665_4344472_n.jpg

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#184 of 240 Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Rosie~  Wow!  Gorgeous pics!!!!!  Thanks for the input-- it's good to hear what people have done or not done so I can stop analyzing myself.

Lilac~  I'm totally gonna scope out that book!  Sounds very interesting!  I'm reading a yoga fertility book that's very good (and I may end up teaching the class someday), but I am very interested in Chinese Medicine also and they are big proponents of it in my yoga book.  Actually I'm going to get some acupunture tomorrow!  For relaxation purposes and I know it's also supposed to be good for fertility too redface.gif  It can't hurt you know?  I don't ovulate till 17 to 19 days either (haven't been tracking it long either-- only a couple months), should I be working on shifting that somehow:

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#185 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

RosieL, those photos of the butterfly are beautiful!  The zinnias are obviously receiving their "love".

I am CD13 today.  Usually by now I have some EWCM, but then again everything else about this cycle has been different - my temps are still higher than the average for the month (and most individual temperatures).

I was looking online for chaste tree berry and found it is also called vitex.  Hopefully this month will be it, but if not I will be picking up some vitex.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#186 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 04:18 AM

Jessi - It's not the day you O you need to worry about as much as the regularity of O day, as well as the length of your lueteal phase (according to my OB). So if you're Oing on CD17-19 regularly and have at least a 10 day LP, you're probably fine (because that's what I was doing and OB said it was fine). What she would worry about is O on wildly different days, or starting to creep into the single-digit LPs.  HTH

Good luck for this cycle lilac. :)

#187 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 05:12 AM

Hopefully this is our month Lilac!!!!  I will be crossing my fingers for you!!!! dust.gifBaby dust all around!!!!  Hopefully Rose will rub off on us love.gif

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#188 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM

So just got back from vacation and YAY ROSIE!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifCONGRATS!!!!joy.gifjoy.gif

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#189 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Congratulations Rosie! Sticky dust.giffor your miracle conception! Gorgeous pictures too! Had your dh been doing anything to help improve sperm quality?  This is one of my and dh's "issues," so I'm wondering if yours made any significant lifestyle changes (if I remember correctly, that was an issue with yours as well?).

Jess~ I've gone through cycles where I pretty much quit everything throughout, but after nearly 2 years of ttc, it became a bit oppressive (and boring) to live every day like I was potentially pregnant.  I regularly take Rainbow Light prenatals (which seems to be a popular choice in these forums, probably because they're easily accessible and food derived) and just started fish oil pills about 2 months ago, partially with the hope that it will help ease the god-awful breakouts I anticipate when I begin my second round of clomid in the fall (and although I'm jinxing myself by saying this, my skin has already been looking more clear and balanced).  Dh and I also started taking maca about 6 weeks ago (not sure if it'll do anything but it's worth a shot I suppose, although I'm already getting sick of it). I try to eat well and exercise regularly (mainly hiking or walking and yoga, pilates, or low-impact strength training - nothing major). I quit the herb since it could potentially prevent implantation, but lord knows I have plenty of friends who seemed to have no trouble in that department.  I still have the occasional drink, but I'm not a big drinker anyway.  I still drink my morning coffee.   I tried to quit coffee but it seemed to make no difference and one cup isn't *supposed* to matter, so whatever... I'm havin' my damn coffee :-P

Oh... and edit to add that we use Pre (basically the non-individually wrapped version of pre-seed) instead of regular lubricant the week before, during and several days after O.  DH and I are both addicted to lubricant so we figured we better use a sperm-friendly one.

&
#190 of 240 Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Thanks Isis!  That is all really good information-- maybe I'll get some of those Rainbow Lights-- they do seem pretty popular.  The morning coffee thing is killer!  I just switched to decaf because I can't seem to live without it orngbiggrin.gif.  Sounds like we've made similar lifestyle changes, I totally agree about it feeling not fun and kind of oppressive and I've only been TTC for 4 months!  It's just weird the mind tricks you have to play with yourself...  like I could be pregnant so I should do or not do certain things, but it's hard then when you find it was for nothing.  Oh well,  I'm trying to be balanced about it I guess...

#191 of 240 Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

The EWCM was flowing this morning.  Yeah!  Boo on having major ear pain that is relieved by anti-histamines.  I broke down and took one this morning.  My ear hurt so bad.  Electricity was out this morning so I went garage saling.  Didn't buy a thing, nothing I wanted anywhere.

I need to drink some more water.  My head hurts.  Hopefully good things will happen over the next few days.

I have to laugh at my DH.  Yesterday, he came home from work and was talking to me while he was taking off his shoes.  "Honey, I was thinking today."  Me "Thinking about what?"  DH "Thinking about sex."  At that point I just burst out laughing.  Not the conversation I figured I would have at the back door with my DH.  He went on to say that he thought we should wait until I was "secreting".  Since I saw some preliminary EWCM, I told him so.  He was pretty happy at that.  I love him!

#192 of 240 Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

"secreting"

ROTFLMAO.gif

Boys are so cute sometimes.

It sounds like a bodily function Roger would have...

71038_38779170670_7435761_n.jpg

&
#193 of 240 Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Lilac~ That is so funny!  And, super cute orngbiggrin.gif

Okay, I'm trying to think positively, but it's so hard sometimes!!!!  I am CD 25 and 7 days DPO and I'm having some cramping and it just makes me sad that AF could be coming!!!  I'm trying not to stress about it, but it's hard and it makes me sad.  Anyway, that's all I guess.  Just need to vent a little.  Here is my chart if anyone wants to peek at it:

#194 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Jessimaca, do you know how long your usual luteal phase is?  I would be curious if your temp went higher today, since day seven is usually when implantation happens so days 8, 9, 10 temps should be getting higher and higher.

I did a OPK today, broke down and purchased some yesterday.  It was negative.  It is the "is line darker than the other line" variety. 

#195 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 05:04 AM

Jess - I had the same question as Lilac - how long is your usual luteal phase?  Cramping can also be a normal sign of early pregnancy (it sucks that the early pregnancy signs are so close to AF signs).  When I got my BFP, I had some pretty significant cramping that had me convinced that AF would show up any day.  So don't count yourself you yet!  Good luck!! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#196 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 AM

This is only my second month of temping (kind of wish I would have started right away!), so I don't know how long it normally is.  Last month it was 12 days.  My temp didn't go up extra today-- its 98.3.  I just keep thinking that I'll feel different if I'm pregnant, but maybe I won't.  I just dread getting my AF and cramps!  In fact, I had a dream last night that my AF started a little.  Is 12 days okay?  Does the chart always start to look triphasic at some point if you are prego?

#197 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Jess - I think 12 days is a good length for a LP.  It depends on whose research you are reading, but a lot of places say anything over 10 is good, some places say anything 12 and over.  So your LP should be fine.  As you get some more charts, you'll be able to see patterns and average lengths, then you'll know more what to expect.  As for going triphasic, I don't think that's a requirement for a BFP chart.  As long as it stays high (definitely above the coverline), it can be a preggo chart.  Here's a link to what mine looked like http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5d89#share- I don't think it ever truly went "triphasic," it just stayed high.  Plus, I was sick in the early part of my LP that cycle, so some of it might be fever related. 

#198 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks Val!  That helps, I hate having to over-analyze everything.  But, that's totally the kind of girl I am!

#199 of 240 Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM

This is especially for cathe - I just got the sperm analysis + IUI prep results back on paper. When the nurse called with them originally she said "The analysis came back great and you're a great IUI candidate." I thought that's nice to know for next time. But today I looked at the paper and found out that they did a normal sperm analysis before doing the IUI prep. Morphology was 7%. SEVEN PERCENT! That's a really good number, especially compared with the 2 and 3% before. 

If I was inclined, I would go see about sperm production processes, and when morphology can be affected. I had DH one a strict Vitamin E regimen in June. That the only thing I remember changing. Of course, it could be nothing but fluke, or some factor I have no idea about. But, in any case, just wanted to put that out there.

#200 of 240 Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 AM

#201 of 240 Old 07-31-2011, 05:26 AM

Birdie~  Thank you!  That's so sweet!  I was feeling kind down this a.m. because my temp dropped a little (not under coverline) and I was starting to count myself out greensad.gif.  But, your post gives me hope!  And, if it doesn't happen this month, it will when the time is right hopefully innocent.gif

#202 of 240 Old 07-31-2011, 10:39 PM

I'm just dropping in to tell everyone that I'm still rooting for you all.  I wish everyone here could just get pregnant quickly and easily.  Or at least that those who have had such difficulty in the past could now suddenly all get that luck turned around!  I still try to keep up, but I'm usually pretty far behind.  I am still checking in occasionally, though, and I read all the posts, just sometimes it's two weeks later.

Mostly just wanted to say, my lovely ladies, I want you all to get pregnant so much that I can't even tell you.

And Caly, you shouldn't be ashamed of missing your husband so much.  I was surprised to find that even though my husband and I have spent the last 6 summers apart, we still miss each other even during brief separations.  And yours isn't a brief separation.  Sure, people deal with longer separations, but that doesn't mean that your lot is easy.  Allow yourself to feel upset about it, allow yourself to recognize that this is a difficult thing that requires impressive coping strategies, and try to find those strategies.  Also, I'm sorry about your disappointing doctor visit.  If you can look for another doctor, I totally think that you should do so.

Also, Boots, I can hardly believe you're already back at work.  Holy fast summer!

Finally, I have a question for those of you who are experienced with luteal phase spotting.  A friend who is TTC has a normal length luteal phase, but she spots for days before her period (I think she said as much as seven days).  Her doctor was the unhelpful "come back when it's been a year" type, and she can't get a new one because we're in Canada and doctors are in short supply.  Is this always a problem?  If so, is there any proven, scientifically supported things that she can do to help, before it's been a year?

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#203 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

For all you OPK using ladies, I am calling the test on CD 18.  It looks like the "test" line is getting thicker each day.  I am on day 5 of EWCM and I have O'd on day 7 of EWCM the last two cycles.http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LilacVioletIris

Here are the OPKsIMG_9469.JPG

What do you all think?

#204 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 AM

Hykue - My RE was wholly unconcerned about my LP spotting, although I didn't have seven days of it to tell her about. I know there are natural progesterone creams (that I'm pretty sure doctors don't recommend). Maybe do a search here on "Natural progesterone cream"? Good luck to your friend. I echo your sentiments for all here to get that BFP!

Lilac - I'd keep taking the OPKs until they are significantly lighter. If those were my tests, it would be likely that tomorrow's would be lighter and I'd call it CD18. But if the next one is just as dark and it lightens up tomorrow, then it'd be CD19. 

#205 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Hykue - I had the excessive spotting pre-AF (sometimes up to 7 days), and also had issues getting a doctor to take me seriously before the year mark... one doctor actually told me that when I got pregnant, my body would figure out what to do and stop spotting.... uh-huh.  Anyway, I tried a vitamin B Complex, I've heard that can help.  I think it's the vitamin B-6 specifically, but the B complex is safer or better absorbed, or something like that.  I started out on a B-50 complex, but never got any real results from it, but I've heard that some women do. I think it takes months to fully get into your system and help - and my patience wasn't that great, so I gave up on it and found a new doctor.   I think maybe Vitex is another thing to look into - never tried that one.  I wish your friend the best of luck, I understand how frustrating it is! 

#206 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Dear Hykue,

Thank you for all the well wishes. I am TTC #1 since March, and discovered I might have problems ovulating (I didn't get LH surge in the first couple of months I was checking). I started going for acupuncture treatments, and that has helped make AF lighter. I used to have heavy bleeding with clots. However, it has also started this 3 days spotting before period thing. I never had that issue before. I am kind of concerned about it, and would like to hear what others have to say. Also, do we restart our CDays from the day we start spotting or from the day of actual flow? I've read some mixed opinions about this. 

30 years old, DH is 32. TTC #1 since Mar 2011. BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34fbf2

#207 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Hello girls!   

Lilac, I agree with Rosie---test one more day to make sure, then call it.  Definitely looks like CD 18 is the winner!  I did not do OPKs this cycle.  It was difficult to resist but I think overall they just stress me out and don't always correspond with my most fertile cervical fluid days.  So I'm still temping and checking for EWCM, which will hopefully do the trick.   smile.gif

Jessie, hang in there!  It will happen for all of us!  And thanks, Hykue---I love your sweet words and I'm feeling good vibes from your post.  This is such a great place to get information and support. 

Everyone else, hi!  Enjoying the heatwave?  Me neither. 

AFM, I went to my first hypnofertility session on Friday.  Where do I begin?  Upon my arrival home from the appointment, DH remarked that I was so much more cheerful than I had been in the weeks and months prior. I feel more like myself.  I am happy and hopeful and a lot less stressed.  My thoughts about conceiving are much more positive than they have been. I am in better spirits in general, and I am able to feel happier for other people as well.

I also saw a chiropractor/acupuncturist in the same office.  She was fabulous too.  I've had some unexplained swelling in my left ankle for a few months now, nothing major, which I thought might be from treadmill running or the heat.  When she was poking around my abdomen, she said, "Hmm, you have a clogged lymph node that's affecting your left ankle.  Are you having any pain there?"  !!!  There's no way she knew about my ankle ahead of time.  And even cooler/weirder:  She examined me and did a few adjustments and announced, "Tuesday would be a good day for you to get pregnant."  I am supposed to O on Tuesday.  ??!?!  How did she know that?!  She did not know my cycle dates or anything.  DH says it's voodoo (but we love it).  Ha!  Anyway I feel good and it has been a very positive experience thus far. 

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#208 of 240 Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Pitch~ Thanks for rooting for me love.gif  Everyone here is so nice!  I just wish we would all get prego right now!  Together!  Wouldn't that be fun? orngbiggrin.gif

I think your hypnofertility appointment sounds very interesting!  How do you find a place to do that?  I've never heard of such a person...  I wonder if there is one near me...  That is so cool that the chiropractor could kind of read your body!

I am DPO 10 and feeling crampy and moody like AF is on the way greensad.gif  However, I'm really hoping that my temp will go up and and that I'll have a little bun in the oven instead praying.gif

#209 of 240 Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Pitch, that is cool about your experience yesterday, especially with the chiropractor/acupuncturist.  The body does tell a lot about itself, it just reading the signs that sometimes confuses us "lay people".

I did an OPK this morning and it is looking darker yet, although still not what I would call "darker than control line".  My temp went up a bit but still in my normal "low range".  I think tomorrow will be the O day.

The heatwave is kicking my butt.  I have an older care (1999) whose air conditioning is not working anymore and it is miserable to drive around in the car.  Also I am doing a bit back at school where there is no air conditioning so it is more like BAKE AT SCHOOL.  Ugh.  Just trying to get my classroom is good order since next week I am at meetings away from home all week.

#210 of 240 Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 AM

Rosie!!! That is so super wonderful. Congratulations.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page