Mothering Forum banner

Nursing moms: Pregnant with no breast tenderness?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  joyfulmomof2 
#1 ·
Wondering if any of you 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.-time moms can weigh in on this...

I'm still nursing my 3-year-old 1-2 times a day. Also trying to conceive. With my daughter, intense breast tenderness, headache, and fatigue were the earliest signs of pregnancy...both kicked in before I missed a period. I'm now 12 dpo, feeling exhausted and headachy, but my boobs aren't swollen or sore at all. Pregnancy test is negative, too, but it's early.

Anyone experience achy boobs the first time around, but not with subsequent pregnancies while you were still nursing?

Thanks in advace...and good luck to all.

#3 ·
I think it can vary pregnancy to pregnancy. If you don't have a + test yet the amount of hormone in your system will be slight enough that it won't necessarily cause all or any symptoms. I had sore bbs with #1, nothing with #2 and I eventually miscarried, #3 I thought my son had scraped me with his teeth while nursing and had a poor latch but it turned out I was pregnant with his sister. That wasn't until 14dpo though and it only lasted a couple days, went away, and came back between 10 & 12 weeks. Fingers crossed!

#4 ·
With my first pregnancy I had mega breast tenderness (I never really do with af or anything). Then in my second pregnancy, I was still nursing my first, and had none. So I think that's pretty normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.