Implantation Bleeding...is this it (weird)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Warning: Below is very descriptive...might be "too much info" if you have a weak stomach for blood/odors talk.

I had implantation bleeding last time I was pregnant (some small amounts of pink). This time (if it is it), it's slightly different, so would like opinions. It "feels" (intuitively) the same, but one thing is different (odor).

Here we go: I expected my period yesterday, but nothing. Today I noticed a very tiny brown dot in some mucus, so I put on a pad, thinking "here comes AF." Well, about 12 hours later (despite exercise and being awake all day, etc), pretty much nothing, except a thin mucus thread in the toilet that looked like a worm that was tinged with brown (sorry!). My pad is clean, which is like deja vu to my last implantation bleeding.

The weird part is that while I'm sitting on the toilet to pee, I can pick up that "period smell" even though no blood (and only two very tiny amounts of brown as mentioned). Sorry if too descriptive with the smell! But does it make sense that the period smell could happen with implantation bleeding, or does it mean that my aunt flow is on it's way? I am very baffled by this. I would almost assume it's implantation, except the smell is throwing me off, making me think AF is coming. Anyone heard of the smell with implanation bleeding?

I am so nervous about this (due to some personal health issues so afraid to be pregnant, wasn't TTC) that I doubt I'll sleep, so feel free to chime in whenever (even if you haven't had implantation bleeding)! Thank you.

#2 of 4 Old 07-17-2011, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

I am thinking about this.....that "period smell" is probably bacteria, right (because it's not the same smell as blood itself)? Well I guess it makes sense that the same kind of bacteria could be coming out when pregnant....similar changes in hormones, which could affect the "ecosystem" of the vagina? Hmmmm. I will update as soon as anything changes. So far, just clear coming out, with occasional brown tinge.

I just pee'ed (before the lightbulb went off that I could be preg), so I'm worried to take a test now, too thrifty/poor to waste it. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to take one.

#3 of 4 Old 07-17-2011, 06:37 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I agree that smell probably isn't terribly indicative of pregnant or not pregnant.  I would only worry if there was a foul odor indicating infection.    Do you temp by any chance?  Any idea when you O'd based on fertile CF observations (creamy and/or eggwhite) or O pain?  Many common things can delay O (and hence delay AF) like illness, injury, stress, travel, strenuous exercise, diet changes, etc.  You could be experiencing delayed O with some hormonal fluctuations causing some pre-AF spotting.  You mentioned some health issues you're having?  That could be affecting your cycle.  Or you could be experiencing pregnancy spotting around the time of AF (which is pretty common) or implantation spotting (which really isn't that common).

You're probably smart waiting to test tomorrow with FMU.  Waiting another day will  also increase your chances of an accurate result.  But if you can't stand it, you can hold your pee for several hours and test again today.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 4 Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM

Could the smell just be the smell of "old blood"? I'm experiencing some strange spotting too so I'm interested in your situation winky.gif You do know for sure you ovulated and that AF was due? It's not some some type of hormonal bleeding? How long is your LP usually? It could be implantation bleeding. Especially since you had that before. I have heard that usually implantation bleeding starts off pink/red as the egg burrows in and then becomes brown. Did you have any red bleeding? I do usually get EWCM before my AF and I know others do too, so maybe it is AF on her way. It's worth a test though if she doesn't show! Keep us updated!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page