bleeding cd16...?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies-
I'm in need of your expertise! I am currently on CD 16. I am pretty certain I O'd on CD 14 (pos OPK on CDs 13 and 14, neg CD 15). We DTD for the three days leading up to O, and last night, just in case wink1.gif When I went to the bathroom today, I noticed some bright red blood when I wiped. I wiped again, and there was some light pinkish/brown stuff going on. I'm confused because that never happens to me, and AF isn't due until August 9. I know implantation spotting is rare, so I don't want to get my hopes up. Also, isn't it too early for that? Today would only be one or two days after O. Last night when we DTD, it wasn't particularly "rough" at all--and like I said, I've never had that after sex. Sorry for TMI, but I don't *think* it could be that. But who knows. Anyway, I guess I'm just wondering if this is something for concern, or don't worry about it! Thank you thank you!
#2 of 9 Old 07-26-2011, 08:30 AM

Nothing to be worried about.  It could be implantation spotting although it is early for that.  I had light spotting at 3 and 4dpo this month and am now 11dpo with evaporation lines (grr) on the HPT.  Sex doesn't have to be really rough to cause spotting.  If his fingernail (or yours if you check your cervix) hit your cervix at the right angle, you might see a little spotting.  Good luck!

#3 of 9 Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

There are several non-worrisome possibilities for mid-cycle bleeding: ovulation spotting, breakthrough bleeding due to hormonal fluctuations, irritated cervix, or implantation bleeding.  As you mentioned, implantation bleeding is quite uncommon and would happen between 6 and 12 DPO.  So it is most likely one of the other possibilities.  Keep in mind that OPK's do not confirm O, just that your body was gearing up to O.  And also keep in mind that they are not always the most reliable test for all women... some never see positives, some see positives for day on end, others get positives at random times, etc.  And further most women will O within 24-36 hours of an OPK+ but you don't know when or for sure.  Only temping can confirm O.  So you may have O'd within 24-36 hours of that OPK+, which would be CD 15 or 16, which puts the spotting likely on the day or day after O.  So my guess would be ovulation spotting or hormonal fluctuations associated with O or your body's attempt at O.  Unless your gut tells you differently I really don't think there is any cause for concern and AF or a BFP will be on its way within the next two weeks or so.  Did you notice any fertile cervical fluid around the time of the OPK+?  If so, when did it dry up?  CD 16 or CD 17?  When you're counting DPO, I would choose your O day as the day before you dried up.  Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 9 Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both so much!

Jaimee--yes fertile CM at time of OPK.  I think the driest day was yesterday, so I'm fairly certain I O'd CD 15.  I've never had O spotting before, but that makes the most sense for sure.  Also, I had quite a bit of O pain this time around.  Not sure if that's just because I knew I was O'ing, and was more sensitive to it, or what.  

Babes--Good luck!  Hope you get your BFP very, very soon.  

Thanks again!  Hope I can update with a BFP!  

#5 of 9 Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 AM

O spotting is one of those things that can happen randomly to a woman and then never again.  It's also one of those things that you might never have noticed before until you started really paying attention to your cycles.  There is a slight possibility of a cyst like a benign hemorrhagic cyst that usually resolves on its own and can cause pain and bleeding.  But I'd say it's more likely O spotting either from the egg bursting forth or from normal hormonal fluctuations.  So yesterday was CD 16... meaning you're 2 DPO today?  you might be able to get accurate results with a sensitive HPT in about a week!   Good luck with the 2ww!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#6 of 9 Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Hey!  I'm in the exact same boat!  Another wonderful MDC member pointed out this thread to me. 

Here's my chart:  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c 

As you can see, I had the + OPK cd 13 (afternoon) and cd 14 (morning).  They were the digital kind so no guessing.  But, here it is CD 16 today and still no temp rise!  Gggrrrrr....  And, this morning I wiped and a big spot of bright red blood (along with some EWCM).  There has been nothing else since and no more EWCM.  (The morning bd was afterwards since we're TTC and there's no temp rise, so....) 

So, I'm guessing that heavy spotting was a sign of O?  Although that's never happened to me before and I've been charting for many years.  I guess I'll know tomorrow if my temp rises or not. 

Farmygirl - Let me know what happens.  That way I'll think if you get your BFP, I'll get mine!  :) 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#7 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

So, farmygirl, what happened? 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#8 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

BFP this morning!!  I had a feeling something was up, since that had never happened to me before!  I'm SO excited, but also proceeding with caution because I know a lot can happen in the first tri.  Please send me sticky thoughts!

How about you?!

#9 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Yay!  Congrats!!!   sticky.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page