Bitter Sushi Ladies, August 2011 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 165 Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My beta was 40 on Friday, and 34 yesterday.  I kind of figured, because the hpts were getting lighter.

Unfortunately, the progesterone results aren't back yet, which the doctor thinks would help determine if this is/was a new pregnancy, or leftover hcg.  Hopefully I'll get those results soon.  I'm off to my hospital follow up appointment soon to get the chromosomal results from the D&C, and to hopefully figure out a plan for the next pregnancy.

Hope you have all come out the other side of the hurricane okay.

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#152 of 165 Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

My beta was 40 on Friday, and 34 yesterday.  I kind of figured, because the hpts were getting lighter.

Unfortunately, the progesterone results aren't back yet, which the doctor thinks would help determine if this is/was a new pregnancy, or leftover hcg.  Hopefully I'll get those results soon.  I'm off to my hospital follow up appointment soon to get the chromosomal results from the D&C, and to hopefully figure out a plan for the next pregnancy.

Hope you have all come out the other side of the hurricane okay.

I'm so sorry. I sure hope the test results will help you figure out what to do next time though!! Keep us posted on how the appt goes.

#153 of 165 Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post I am feeling a bit bitter at even kind and thoughtful people who have only been at this a couple months (I know they don't deserve it), and could really use some of that sake about now.

Welcome.  Sorry that you are having a trouble with the labs. How annoying.  As far as being bitter @ nice people, it can certainly feel like they deserve it.  I think that we just have to do what we can to get us through.

Everyone else, yes, I've been AAM lately, and I'm sorry.  I have been thinking of you all, especially Enigo... Check in when you can chika hug2.gif  If you're anything like me, you're probably reading anyway. 

AFM:  Okay, still don't know about the progesterone, so that is annoying, but I'm just deciding that it's not worth worrying about.  Either answer sucks equally, so I might as well get drunk!  LOL

I had my follow up, and the cytogenetics weren't ready yet, so I still don't know the fate of bubs #4.  The doc has ordered a bunch of (more) tests for me to have done.  Most of them I have already had at one point or another, but at this stage, double checking can't hurt.  There are so many tests on the request slip that DP joked that I will need a blood transfusion in one arm, while they draw blood from the other arm!  I have to be at least 6 weeks post loss to have them done, and my next appointment is on October 10th, so I think that we will be avoiding until after that so we can get accurate results. 
Smiles, maybe you can update me to "still ttc#1 after four losses - currently awaiting test results" (please). I'll still be hanging around though - I'll have to live vicariously for a while.

Also, interestingly, the doctor flat out told me that he thinks it is a blood issue (which is what I have always thought!).  He suggested heparin for the next pregnancy, which I was going to ask for anyway.  I also asked about taking prednisone, which he wasn't quite so keen on.  I let it slide for now, but I'm not planning on letting it go just yet.  I'll try again next appointment. 

Finally, he pinned my odds of a take home baby at 50%.  Flip a coin aye?

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

#154 of 165 Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 PM

Good afternoon ladies-

Good day at work today, I teach Literature and writing at a small college, despite the disappointment with the unwelcome arrival of AF yet again yesterday. Thanks for the welcome Milk8shake.  It sounds like you are a veteran to the lab work.  I like your DP's humor, despite the situation.  Most of my DH's jokes about this process are sports related. I am so thankful to have a supportive partner by my side during all of this.  I hope you get some answers from this next set.  

I get more labs done tomorrow (CD3).  I will report when I know, but it will probably be a week or so.  Virtual Hugs.  Thanks for letting me join you all.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#155 of 165 Old 08-29-2011, 08:42 PM

Milkshake- Your Dh is funny! I hope you do get results very soon! I must be crazy, because 50% sounds pretty good to me! Maybe the heparin will do the trick!!

Ca Country Girl- Glad you had a good day in spite of AF. Sorry that ugly witch showed her face!

AFM, I am just totally down. My test results on my gallbladder scan came back with 87% ejection fraction..this means I am dumping bile pretty fast and that is what is making me sick. However, my doc, of course, since we are in a backwards town, feels that this is still normal, even though everything I researched online said anything over 60% is way too high and will cause you to have intestinal issues because the bile is being dumped too quickly and eventually it wears down your intestines where they can't absorb nutrients, and you gain weight from it that you can't lose (makes perfect sense to me now!) and no matter what you eat your body just hangs on to it, until eventually the bile starts backing up and you start vomiting everything up and not being able to eat anything. Which is where I am at. Can't eat, but haven't lost a single pound. Can't sleep..can't do much of anything. The doc is setting me up for an appt with a gastroenterologist, I don't know when yet. They will call me. I am super discouraged because now I am worried my health is so wrecked, how will i ever carry another baby to term? So, once I get the immediate crisis behind me, and hopefully get the faulty gallbladder out, I guess I will need to focus on getting my colon in order, losing the extra 30 pounds I've got, and then hopefully I will be able to get a take home baby. I hope this all happens pretty fast though, since I am just feeling like the clock is louder than ever.

Yesterday DS asked when I was going to pop a baby out of my belly. I told him I didn't know when that might happen and he said ok. Then he walked off to go play and 5 minutes later he said, "Mommy! Did you pop that baby out of your belly yet? I'm ready!"  Oy. I'm ready too. : (  SO cute and so hard to hear all at once.

#156 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Also, interestingly, the doctor flat out told me that he thinks it is a blood issue (which is what I have always thought!).  He suggested heparin for the next pregnancy, which I was going to ask for anyway.  I also asked about taking prednisone, which he wasn't quite so keen on.  I let it slide for now, but I'm not planning on letting it go just yet.  I'll try again next appointment. 

Finally, he pinned my odds of a take home baby at 50%. 

50% ever or 50% per each pregnancy? Anyway, I find it a bit odd that he is giving you odds when he does not really know what is going on. BTW, Dr. Braverman (immunology dr. in NY) says -if I remember it correctly- that after 3 miscarriages there is at least a 75% chance that they were cause by immonological problems.

Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post
Most of my DH's jokes about this process are sports related.

What, you tell us this and don't give an example. I for one would like to hear how infertility and sports are connected. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

I am super discouraged because now I am worried my health is so wrecked, how will i ever carry another baby to term? So, once I get the immediate crisis behind me, and hopefully get the faulty gallbladder out, I guess I will need to focus on getting my colon in order, losing the extra 30 pounds I've got, and then hopefully I will be able to get a take home baby.

So sorry lilmom, sounds very frustrating! You know, don't know if it is at all the same for you, but for me it was easier to accept that I am not getting a baby because my body is sick and could not do the job properly right now, than to just think it is just not happening for no known reason. It is not fun to have to say that your body is not well, whatever the reason, but I think it can also give hope that your body knows what it can handle, and that things CAN happen again after this issue has been fixed. I think I do understand, though, as I am carrying 20 extra pounds and by body is not functioning so well, to the point that I sometimes wonder if this is the way it should be for me. That if I want to raise more kids, they need to be someone else's. Anyway, you are inmy thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you are feeling so unwell!

AFM, went to the clinic today. Apparently, my bloodwork results from cd 3 were all okay. (Not a surprise, as I had them done already a year ago.) Also, the ultrasound today on cd 12 -or whatever it is today- was normal. There is a follicle growing on the left side, right now it is at 18 mm. I tend to ovulate on the left most of the time, according to what I feel there, so nothing was surprising. Should ovulate by the end of the week, which sounds right, also. I will have the bloodwork done for progesterone later this cycle. That is one of the things that I suspect might actually show something interesting, so I am looking forward to that. Then, if I manage to get an appointment, I will have the test next cycle to see if my tubes are open. Apparently, they only do one of those aday, so she told me to prepare for a disappointment. Hah... great.

As for dh's sample... Without getting in details, that is hard to accomplish, not due to dh, really, but due to difficulties in the manner it should be done. (We are Catholics, so don't believe in doing it the "usual way.") It is more of a good joke at this point. Yet, they won't test me further until we somehow accomplish this. I wish they could just research me afterwards, as they would do somewhere else. Oh well.

I am very peaceful these days about all this, and count this as a huge blessing.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#157 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Wow ladies

- so much going on.  I agree. People just totally have no clue what to say you when you tell them about infertility.  I think they mostly mean well, but we are so emotional about it we make everything a negative.  It's hard to explain to people that it's like grieving and it never ends.  That's the thing - it never ends because every cycle or every procedure you start to get hopeful and then the big door disappointment comes crashing down.  And then we torture ourselves with all the reasons why it's not to be  --  usually blaming ourselves for some unknown or made up fault.

milkshake - Maybe you can get this doctor on your side.  At least he sounds like he is half-way there.  Fifty-percent does sound like a flip of the coin, but fifty is pretty high and better than zero.  You've been through so much I'm sure you would just like a definite yes or no! and not some silly estimated number from a doctor that he just came up with.  Double checking never hurts and then you can say "I told you so!"...

lilmom - Sounds like your doctor doesn't have clue.  At least you get to go the gastro!! That's probably good news as you will finally see someone who knows what they are doing.  Hope the gastro is able to help you. One thing I do know is that everyone I've ever know that had gallbladder problems has felt 120% better once it was resolved.

AFM - On BCP waiting for surgery at the end of the week.  Feeling really tense, short and snappish.  I wonder if I can blame that on the BCP!!  It seems like nothing has gone right the last few days which is giving me anxiety about the surgery or maybe it's those BCP messing with my hormones.  I know that clomid made me this way, so I can't wait to dump these things.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#158 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM

Welcome to CA Country Girl!

Enigo and Milk8shake, thinking of you both especially.  Milkshake, so glad you have a doc who is listening to you.

I suck at personals, and haven't been posting much.  We've had lots of upheaval going on in our lives the last few months, but things seem to be ok now.  We have scheduled IVF for the first week of November (right around the three-year mark).  The doctor is concerned about clotting/immunological disorders, so I had a ton of blood sucked out today for testing.  Also, they are checking for thyroid antibodies (which I read about in this thread, so thanks for educating me, thyroid-sufferers!).  Hopefully the blood work will be back by the end of the week and will know if we're clear for IVF or not.

Wissa, good luck with the surgery, and I totally blame hormonal birth control for lots of things!

Anyway, hi to all, and thinking good thoughts for everyone.

A and M, June 2012
#159 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Milk8shake - I've upated you. I hope that you get some answers soon.

So I think that I am going to O super early, it's cd7 and I have been having tons of cm since yesterday, some barely there cramps too.  I may have to go back on my decision to stop with opks.

So the August thread is almost up, if anyone wants to do September let me know, if not I don't mind doing it again.

#160 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:LessTraveledBy 

What, you tell us this and don't give an example. I for one would like to hear how infertility and sports are connected. ;)

Ok.  Sorry, your right, that wasn't cool.  redface.gif Most recently, when I reported that my TSH and my Progesterone at day 21 were within "normal" range, but not good for TTC, he said that it wasn't that bad and that, "even if you have a sprained wrist, you can occasionally hit a 3 point shot".  

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#161 of 165 Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM

Kinza- I hope you get the go ahead for IVF in November!!!! So exciting!!!!

Smiles- CD7 would be super early! I would probably give in and be charting again if it was me. I have been totally unable to give up charting for the past 2 yrs now. I would volunteer, but with potential major surgery coming up, I better not do the thread. One of these times I seriously am not going to be having  a crisis or vacation and will be able to do it! And maybe that will be my time.

CaCountryGirl- Love what your DH said. That is so cute. And true..you gotta keep trying even when the odds are not always in your favor.

AFM, still no gastro appt since the Dr. was out of the office AGAIN today. What is up with my Dr?...Also, I think I might finally have O'ed..temp was super high this morning. We'll see what happens. I said this about a week ago too I think..and it wasn't O. This temp was alot higher though. However, if I did O, then that is going to mean AF will be here when I am supposed to go have my appt with the ob.gyn and have a pap. Not good. I really do not want to reschedule again. Of course, if I'm having surgery, I might have to reschedule anyway. Lord, is it my fate to never see the ob.gyn??!?

#162 of 165 Old 08-31-2011, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome CACountryGirl- I don't know if I got to say that yet. I told my DH your analogy, it is so true, the way men think sometimes just settles things, huh. You are in a great place here with these women, you will find all the support and understanding you need here. I hope the lab does better with your labs this go round.

Milk8shake- thinking of you & hoping you are getting answers. It sounds like your doctor respects your knowledge, hopefully that will get him/her on your side about treatment.

Kinza- Good luck with the clearance for IVF- I hope your bloodwork turns out well.

lilmom- I also know many people sans gallbladder, I hope they get you fixed up soon so you can get away from the pain and back into TTC.

LTB- I may have said already that I'm glad you were able to get your tests done. It would be nice if the RE would let them look at you alone until you find a way to get a sample from your DH.

smilesarefree- I like to think Oing early must be a good sign right? That the egg was good and ready that fast?

Sorry if I missed anyone, I have been reading along but not posting. I just saw my Argivo therapist today and she told me about a book called Water Crystal Healing- it is all about how water is affected by positive and negative thinking/energy, the connection being that our body is 90% water or something. Pretty much supports the power of positive thinking. TTC has really worn on me over the months, I figure some meditation and positive thinking will do me some good.

We got the results from DH's SA- Everything was normal (from what I gathered from the internet). My blood tests were all 'normal' too, but I'm not sure how much the results are effected that they were probably too early. It seems like there probably is something going on with my right ovary, it was measured much larger than my left. My appt with the RE isn't until a week from now. Then on the O front, I think I O'd on CD 12 (usually I O 15-18). I quit OPKs 2 months ago after I didn't ovulate at all. But the night of CD12 I had some gooey red spotting (TMI, sorry!) and woke up with really sore boobs and my temp is up some. I never really got any EWCM so it is strange. Atleast I will be able to ask question and find out what is next in another week, I don't have a great feeling about this cycle since we weren't ready for O.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#163 of 165 Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 AM

cbaa2010... Te whole mucus things is interesting to me. I used to have lots of egg white mucus, enough for some to hang down when going on the toilet. Then since giving birth 6,5 years ago, I have had very little, so that I can only notice things right at the cervix. BTW, eating carrots did not help with that. The past cycle and this one, I have had one noticable moment of more egg white, and then just had to go with the cervix sign and assume that I ovulate within about 3 days. The lack of mucus has been on my list of things that could be causing problems. My cervix does give me clear indications of what is going on, though, which is nice. I would imagine that the lack of mucus at least makes the fertile window shorter, as things can't live inside as long, then. Not sure, though, whether it matters much when things are timed right. (Just thinking of those "we dtd only once 6 days before ovulation and I got pregnant.")

It has been three weeks since our last foster training and this morning I finally heard that the paperwork for us to sign should arrive today. After that we can start waiting for the first call.  I am excited! We are no longer feeling the "it needs to happen, hopefully this time" when TTC, haven't been for some months. We do try to time things right, but my prayers have all been answered: I am at peace and pretty much just fine even if we never have another child. There are times it still hurts, but I no longer experience the bitterness, anger and jealousy that used to feel like a knife stabbed in me, all of a sudden or almost all the time. Now it is more like a silent little sadness that I get every once in a while. Only to such an extent, though, that I no longer need to hide away from situations or from talking about certain topics. The latest little sting that came without warning was when I took dd to the mother-daughter gym class. Dd is officially a year too old for the class, so I did not realize that the smaller the other kids, the more baby siblings there seem to be. You know, we don't know many 6 y olds with baby siblings but there are plenty of 3 and 4 year-olds with very small brothers or sisters.

Since my bloodwork was ok, I am once again suspecting that we will be diagnosed with unexplained infertility. The doctors will simply do the normal things on their list, which only mean the SA, progesterone blood work, and the open tubes test. (Why can't I ever remember the name of that... hah.) After that, assuming dh's test is not to blame, I will be offered some monitored cycles of Clomid. Then that's it. I am ok with the infertility, but I am not ok with the lack of real effort to look at things creatively. I have felt like they had had not real interest in anything outside of their normal box. I know my body and would have tons of charts and all that... But there is no interest (or maybe not enough knowledge?) to do any sort of detective work. Immunological problems are among those that I will never find out about here, and we don't have the money to start shipping my blood to the other side of the world. I am not sure about how I feel about living with this without an answer. I think my peace is still somewhat dependent on really knowing that we can't conceive and why that is. E.g. I might like to think of long term fostering (if it is possible for us) if I knew that this was it.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#164 of 165 Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

September Thread is up.

#165 of 165 Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 PM

link

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page