An "August" Display of Bajingo Juice - TTC #1 in our 30's - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to all the newbies!

And a big WELCOME BACK to TickleToes - we've missed you!  

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM

Happy Wednesday to all! 

TickleToes: We have a great park nearby and I just love the way running there makes my body and mind feel. I used to do a lot more, but have fallen behind because of work and weather. But I can understand if it's not your thing. My husband finds it mind-numbingly boring, but I think for me it's one of the times where my mind takes a break and it's purely physical. I think it does get more addicting the more you do it--you might want to try some of the couch to 5k programs I've heard about. It doesn't sound like you're starting from the couch, but I think it's designed to build up stamina.

Catheleni: it sounds like we're close in our cycles, since I'm still waiting to ovulate. I'm on cd 15 and had a temp drop this morning, so I'm hoping I get a jump tomorrow am!! Still not having any results from the opks, but bd every other day as per my gyn's instructions. My boobs slightly more sensitive today, and I've got tightness in my ovary area, which were also symptoms I noticed last month, so we'll see. Sorry you are dreading intervention, but I hope it goes really well!

Welcome Amygirl72, good luck with the IUI!! I've heard so many conflicting things about diet and exercise, but I am trying to eat more organic and fresh foods. I already live on tons of fruit, veggies, and legumes daily, so it hasn't been too much of a change. I've cut out caffeine (that was a huge hurdle for me) and alcohol (except when AF arrives...helps me deal) and am using natural health care products as much as possible. I also try to do some sort of exercise almost every day, but lately I've been sticking to yoga, rather than running, although I'm not sure that is warranted, I just don't want to overdo it. I need to talk to my gyn more explicitly about all this stuff, though, and not rely so much on google research. She put me on a special prenatal, but I've started to worry a bit because it doesn't contain B12, and I think I need that since I only eat fish about once a week.

Have a great day, everyone! 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 08-17-2011, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

tickletoes and andaluza: I agree with Andaluza, the more you run the better it feels. The thing that I love about running is how obvious my improvement is-- I can go a few times in a week and already feel like I am much better at it. That kind of easy and clear payoff seems to be hard to come by in life :) Also re: bike commuting, I eased in by commuting to where I worked on the weekend a few times so I could see how sweaty I got, how long it took, and how much energy it took before actually doing it on a workday. It takes the pressure off, and the traffic is easier to deal with... You probably already know that :) but I thought I'd mention it...

My temp dropped a little. According to my CF (my temping has been inconsistent), I am either 12 or 10 DPO. I am feeling kind of incredulous that we could have conceived this cycle based on our timing. Either way I am still not feeling the AF symptoms except for very tender boobs so we did go out last night and get some tests. I also got the name of a doula my sister worked with and loved. I am trying hard to not have expectations one way or the other.

I did recently stop drinking, started taking vitamins every day (was inconsistent before), taking flax oil, cut my sugar intake in order to prepare my body, so that could have curbed my pre-AF symptoms.

Also! I believe I need to change my username. I did not realize these forums were publicly accessible. I may come back today or tomorrow under a different alias :)

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Amy- I agree with Andaluza.  There are so many conflicting things about diet and exercise.  It can get really exasperating trying to figure out what to do.  I also agree that you should just try to generally eat good, pure, whole foods.  I switched from coffee to green tea.  Most of the info I have seen about exercising says that continuing your exercise routine at the same level is fine, but to not accelerate it very much.  I love long hikes (pretty vigorous terrain) and yoga, because they both are mentally relaxing, while they are physically stimulating.  I am also really glad to see all the teachers!  Best of luck with the IUI.

Sbwesty- glad to have you with any username.  I am also totally concerned about online privacy.  I can't believe this forum and FF ask me if I want to share this on Facebook!

As for me-I had a big temp rise today.  I usually (in my brief experience temping) have a second a couple days after I ovulate (I am DPO4), but this one seems a bit more extreme.  Maybe because I had a little dip yesterday?shrug.gif  I think the shrug figure is my favorite, sorry if I overuse it.  

One question- How long did it take you all until you were considered an active member and got a signature line?

A good day to you all.  I have back to school prep to do.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

After stalking for a while, I decided to finally join.   I am 31 have been TTC since 5/2010 and although medically there is nothing wrong, I've had no luck!   I am currently 8DPO (I think!) it may be 7.   

Trying to adopt from foster care in Los Angeles.buddamomimg1.png

Old 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM

I am also a teacher!  Great to see so many teachers here!   I think that if I got pregnant this cycle, I would have a short maternity leave (less planning) and a whole summer to enjoy being a new mama!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Hey PoorUglyHappy-- I'm a nube here too! Nice to meet you.

CA Country Girl-- Yeah, I worked in library computer labs for many years. Terrifying. Privacy is very important.

AF came today. Thanks everyone for listening while I obsess over this first TTC cycle. Must have not had symptoms because I'm eating better, drinking less coffee and no booze? Don't know.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM

Welcome, TV and PUH!  And I second the welcome back to TickleToes - great to see you here again!

Well, as predicted I am having a sort of WTF cycle - looks like the B-vitamins have been successful in lengthening my LP because I was totally expecting AF to show (or at least start spotting) yesterday, CD 12, but despite feeling lightly crampy, nothing happened. The WTF  refers to my temp this morning, which I was expecting would be lower or the same as yesterday's (it was down to 98.24 after an LP high of 98.6) - but today it went back up to 98.6  shrug.gif 

This is the first time this has ever happened.... What the heck is going on?  I am so, so, so, so sure that I didn't get pregnant this cycle, I don't feel anything else out of the ordinary, just like I am about to start AF any minute. Sometimes I think FF is just making things more confusing! 

I still haven't gone past my average cycle length of 27 days so that's another reason not to get excited. I suppose if AF stays away for another two days I will entertain the thought that I might be pregnant and take a test. But not just yet.....

How are my 'cycle buddies' doing? Maybe I'm not the only one having a weird one this time?

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 PM

Val & Capluqa - I missed you too blowkiss.gif

Welcome Poor! Hooray for another teacher! What grade/subject do you teach?

I spent the day in a workshop learning how to create and use a State of Grace document to facilitate awareness and collaboration between coworkers and myself and parents. Its hard to explain, but really interesting. I really enjoyed what I've learned so far. Unfortunately, I'll be missing the rest of the training tomorrow because I've got to get into my classroom and set it up. Preschool runs year round with short breaks for the kids at the beginning and end of the summer. That's when the floors in my room get waxed.... so all the furniture needs to be moved out, cleaned, put back, organized, etc. five days before parent orientation night! K-8 teachers have their rooms looking so nice... I'm a bit jealous! Anyway, I'll have to use written notes in my workbook to figure out how to write the rest of my document, which won't be quite as fun and insightful as attending the training. I thought some of you might find the concept interesting, so here is the link to the website if you feel like checking it out http://www.stateofgracedocument.com/

Rode my bike to school today and did better than I thought I wouldbikenew.gif. Rode it after moving some furniture back into my room this evening and discovered that I need to take it in to get adjusted/checked out. The chain keeps slipping, which is really disconcerting. Pedal, pedal, pedal, ka-chunkyikes.gif! My hubby had taken the wheels off to add shiny silver fenders yesterday, something might not have been put back just so.

That's all I've got now... am trying to convince myself to do a little homework before bed. I'm exhausted though sleepytime.gif

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

First day of school and AF has arrived in all her glory!  I will be popping Tylenol all day to day to keep the curl up and die cramps at bay.  I am excited but also a little scared because as a private school, tuition is high, and business manager who has been there a year has decided this is the year to implement "if you have a balance, you can't attend classes" policy with school board support.  We were supposed to have 42 kids in our 9-12, but it looks like we will have 36.  The K-8 is also seriously affected.  I keep praying these families will find the finances to attend the school where I teach.  I am going to miss the kids that don't return.

TeamViddy, I changed your information on the first page to reflect your new title.

PoorUglyHappy, I added your information as well.  Welcome!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:08 AM

Hi TeamViddy, sorry about AF. I do think that you're right about changes in habits while ttc affecting our cycles. I have not had my mid-cycle bleeding (so far this would be the 2nd month), which had been cursing me for over a year, so that is a good sign!

Greetings, PoorUglyHappy. It seems that many of us get normal test results but our bodies still don't behave normally. I've been quite amazed with this great world of charters, supporters, and women who are so open about this journey.

Chapluqa, I hope that you figure out what's going on soon! I am so curious about the B vitamins because I'd been taking super Bs for years, but now have stopped everything except for my prescribed prenatal. It doesn't even have b12 and only 20 mg of b6, so I wonder about that.

TickleToes, thank you for sharing that document, it looks intriguing. I hope that you get the bike chain in order, sounds like something that a bike shop would be able to fix in an instant, but with all the prep you have, it sounds like getting to one might be tricky.

So sorry about AF, Lilacvioletiris. I hope that it's the only snag in your first day!

AFM, o, o, where are you??? I had another temp drop, lowest yet this am, and I HOPE that means O is coming soon. I am about to give up on even using the okps, maybe I only get a sudden surge when I o, since I've had a week of clear negatives. I've even been limiting my water intake (soooo difficult) and waiting 4 hours to test. But of course my temps say that I haven't ovulated, either, though my body signs seem to indicate that it's imminent, which is why I can't figure out why the tests are so clearly negative, no sign of a test line, even faint. I even felt that lymph node on one side only that Weschler mentions in TCOYF. Fingers crossed for today! Tonight is another bd night and it would be great to get that temp surge tomorrow am :)

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 08-18-2011, 11:58 AM

I teach HS math and computer science.  We don't start until the 31st, but we have meetings next week.  Luckily, I don't have the extra work of preparing a classroom; I move about during the day to several different classrooms.  For you other teachers out there, how do your schools handle Maternity Leave?  Does anyone out there get paid maternity leave anymore?  I do feel like making sub plans is harder than just doing the work myself.  

Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies!  CA Country Girl, TeamViddy, PoorUglyHappy, AmyGirl & anyone else I have missed!

Just wanted to drop a quick line hello.

wave.gifTickle Toes  Glad to see ya around.

Pitch - its always great to hear about hopeful stories.  Glad school is going good so far.

Lilac - I've been married awhile and never realized how hurtful it was to mention TTC to friends that were married before (to find out later they had trouble).  If I could go back in time...

Cathleni and all the teachers out there I hope the school year is starting off wonderful.

Jess - Hope you're feeling better.

AmyGirl - I was on my 2nd IUI last month, but RE missed that I O'd.  Long story.  Taking a break from RE this month...starting again in September.  Good luck!  goodvibes.gif

Cramps are awful for me too.  My fluid sono was normal so I just have (TMI alert) heavy, painful AF's.  Hot showers are awesome, but kinda hard to do for school teachers.  Sorry I have nothing else in my cramp-fighter aresenal.  (I used to ask DH to push down on abdomen...again, that would look weird to have a co-worker smush you.)  Ibuprofen and heating pads is all I got.

AFM I'm going on vacation next week and was supposed to take a break from TTC this month, but temped, used GSBs, and BDd when I was supposed to...just because.  In any case, mentally this month I am ok with whatever happens.  (I O'd much earlier than I ever have this month...crazy)  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  (Friday is almost here)

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM

Can I join here?  I'm technically not 30 for 9 more days..but I'm about to be TTC in my 30's! 

I have one Ds who is 4 1/2 now and would really love to have another before he's a grown up!!  I've been in nursing school the last 2 years and I have one more year left.  I tried last Fall to see if we could produce a summer baby..but we were unsuccessful on that account :(.  Anyway, Fall is back around the corner now so we are about to embark on this again.  I've been off BCP's since May as I was trying to get a good idea of my cycles while I prepared for this and also to get my cycles to chance to go back to normal.  Strangely, my cycles have been getting more abnormal over the past two months and on my last cycle FF declared that my O date was inconclusive!  I could have had something to do with the fact that I was camping during my likely O date and did not temp on those days.  The months before that, my O date was getting later and later than it did in the beginning. So I've started up the Vitex and the B complex to hopefully get things going again.  I'm on CD 16 now.  I've had EWCM for 4+ days and I really thought that I was O'ing a couple days ago on account of that, but my temp has still not jumped yet.  So hoping I get it in the next day or two before I start worrying that I'm broken!  We were planning to wait until Sept to really start TTC but this month we've pretty much been 'not preventing'...so who knows.  I guess it will depend on if my cycle is going to do something relatively understandable again or not.

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you ladies as we go through this exciting and hopefully not too stressful time together!

Oh I do have one question..can someone tell me the name of the site that sells those really cheap fertility tests and pg tests?  I can't seem to find the link anywhere in my bookmarks.

Also, here is my chart if you want to link it or look at it or whatever..http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3076f9

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Hi Gator!

TickleToes, congratulations on commuting! Love it. So freeing, so good for your body and pocketbook.

lilacvioletiris- thank you!

Bel718- thank you, glad to be here.

Best of luck to everyone... This is a really unusual AF for me-- it's a good thing since I'm missing the usual gross stomach problems. Maybe I should have cut alcohol and coffee a long time ago.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM

Lilac - striking a balance between caring for the community and being financially responsible is a tough balance to strike for small private schools like ours. If I remember right, we had to draw a line with families who had balances as well. It wasn't an easy thing to do and it felt horrible. I don't pay too much attention to the financial workings of my school, so I don't know how it ultimately worked out. I do remember losing a few families that I loved and how everyone felt sad about it.

Happy - I've decided that I'm going to call you that because the little I've seen of your personality so far doesn't seem to fit 'poor' or 'ugly' winky.gif. When I finally get lucky enough to have a sticky baby, I will get up to four months of unpaid maternity leave with full health benefits. Beyond that, I can take up to a year unpaid with no health benefits after 4 months, but have to pay back the 4 months of health benefits if I don't return to work after that year... or something kooky like that. I understand about making the sub plans... I often feel that way about taking time off and leaving my classroom. The work I put into making sub plans, ensuring that the sub can find everything in my room, and then cleaning up after the sub when I get back generally feels like more than my vacations are worth!

Bel - Good to see you! Enjoy your vacation!

Boots... where's Bootsie? And Taxi? I am missing them and I get the sense that they've not been around?

I had an appointment with my OB-GYN today... my first with her. I didn't have an OB before - just went to my general practitioner. I love this doctor, she really put me at ease and helped settle some of my anxiety. She focused on some positives that I have had a hard time seeing and hearing from other practitioners - something about her approach worked for me. She said that the fact that I've been pregnant twice in the last year is really encouraging. Not only does she know that I can get pregnant, but statistically I get pregnant quicker than most couples. She also said that there is a 90% chance that my next pregnancy will be successful... that the chances of success actually increase statistically with each miscarriage rather than decrease. She quickly laid to rest the guilt tripping "what ifs" that I've been doing about both of my losses... and assured me that losses that early are not preventable - and that it is frustrating for physicians as well. So I feel better knowing that I did all that I could do and there was nothing that the docs could have done differently either. She wants to see me in a month to check in again. She also wants me to do a CD 21 progesterone test to make sure that my levels are where they should be post ovulation. That also makes me feel good, because I've been worried about my levels. So it will be good to know one way or another rather than making myself crazy over it.

She said that since I've got a year's worth of BBT charts that show I am ovulating, and that she's doing the progesterone test, that I could take a break from temping this month if I think that will be beneficial to me in terms of stress. I'm unsure about whether that will help me or make things worse. In some ways, my chart keeps me sane... seeing a temp pattern that is clearly not pregnant helps me accept it more quickly than hoping and then discovering AF has arrived. Thoughts? Should I take a break from temping?

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Hello to all and thank you for the warm welcome! Best of luck to all the teachers going back to school! Lilac, so sorry about the AF on your first day. I say that calls for some chocolate cream puffs or ice cream or WINE after school!

I had my IUI performed yesterday...feeling really good about it, but this 2WW is going to be torture! My good friend who was TTC for several years and just had her first baby last month swears that foot massages helped her to de-stress and eventually conceive. Who am I to argue with that logic, so I got a reflexology foot massage 2 hours prior to my IUI. Indeed, it was very relaxing and took my mind off the upcoming procedure! I made sure to mention my pregnancy hopes to my masseuse, in case she knew some special pressure points or had magical vibes she could send my way!

I like Gator's question re: website for cheap OPK and PG tests. Any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, TickleToes, Boots and Taxi were around last month but I haven't seen them in Aug. 

It was the weirdest first day for me.  A senior girl, who had been voted senior class president, whose family does not suffer from financial difficulties from what I can tell (she drives a BMW to school) decided to go to a school FAR from home.  I am not sure what is going on, but something is up.  A good group of kids were there but I can see some staff changes happening at the end of the year because of the decrease of students.  My dear principal said to me at the end of the great first day, "You don't look too good, you should go home."  No, duh, I have been popping pain relievers all day and trying to drink as much water as possible to make myself feel good.  I laid down for a little while when I got home and felt a little bit better.  Now to do some more planning for tomorrow.

Happy, I feel for you, I just teach 8-12 math now and I am the guidance counselor, but I used to teach computers as well and had to move between 3 classrooms depending on whether it was 8th graders, 9-10 graders, or 11-12 graders.  Now I just have 2 classrooms.

Amy, I decided that that a sticky bun was a great way to end the day.  I can't wait to watch "Expedition Impossible" and I think I will make some popcorn to eat then.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Gator and Amygirl72, the cheap online source I used for opks and pregnancy tests is http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. Great prices, and they are super quick at shipping, and discreet with packaging!

Amygirl, glad that the IUI went well and hope that you get a bfp!  I also love the idea of the foot massage and will run that by my husband tonight, since it is one of our scheduled bd nights. I try to stay in bed without moving too much afterwards, so this will be a compatible activity!

Tickletoes, I'm so glad that you had a great visit with what sounds like a fantastic obgyn! 

Lilac, it sounds stressful having to deal with low enrollments. Sorry you had to deal with af today!

AFM, I had ewcm today! But still no + opk. I feel like they are becoming the bane of my existence. We'll see where my temp goes tomorrow, hopefully way up meaning I've ovulated.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

Gator and Amygirl72, the cheap online source I used for opks and pregnancy tests is http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. Great prices, and they are super quick at shipping, and discreet with packaging!

Amygirl, glad that the IUI went well and hope that you get a bfp!  I also love the idea of the foot massage and will run that by my husband tonight, since it is one of our scheduled bd nights. I try to stay in bed without moving too much afterwards, so this will be a compatible activity!

Tickletoes, I'm so glad that you had a great visit with what sounds like a fantastic obgyn! 

Lilac, it sounds stressful having to deal with low enrollments. Sorry you had to deal with af today!

AFM, I had ewcm today! But still no + opk. I feel like they are becoming the bane of my existence. We'll see where my temp goes tomorrow, hopefully way up meaning I've ovulated.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Thanks!  I knew someone on here would know the place to go!!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Anduluza, I usually get EWCM for 8 or 9 days and ovulate on day 7 of the EWCM.  Much luck to you.

I have everything ready for tomorrow so I am stoked!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:46 AM

TickleToes - I'm so glad you had a good OB appointment!  The doc sounds really positive and helpful, all very important when trying to put a nervous TTC-er at ease.  Good luck with the CD 21 test!  

And I second TickleToes comments about Taxi and Boots... and Caly, too, haven't seen her around much this month either.  We miss you guys!  blowkiss.gif

Bel - Have fun on vacation!  So good to see you!

AmyGirl - A nurse practitioner that I see swears by reflexology for fertility issues, and actually referred me to a reflexologist in town that specializes in fertility and prenatal reflexology.  I went to her once for a consult, and loved the visit (so relaxing), but couldn't convince DH that it would be worth the money to keep going.  So your friend might be right about the foot massage, especially if you can find someone specialized in the field.  Good luck!  

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Today was unexpectedly hard. The teachers had gathered for a closing exercise. The woman who lead it began by talking about how she has been thinking a lot about the four pregnancies on staff (actually three now - the first baby was born last week) and how exciting it is and how she feels as if we are all expecting right now.... and on and on and on.

My heart just sunk. I've been okay dealing with the other four pregnancies up to this point, but today, I just couldn't take it. August should have been my birth month too... if my first pregnancy had worked out. If my last pregnancy had worked out, I'd be announcing it to the staff about now. Instead, I'm faced with the collective mass of four babies at once.

I'm truly happy for all of them. And I am still really grieving for myself. I don't know how I'm going to get through this next month gracefully. I feel guilty when I feel sad... I feel like I have to hide my grief so that I don't spoil everyone else's joy. I also don't want to make well intentioned people feel bad... or cause people to tiptoe around me. But at the same time, I don't know how many more of these situations I can take.

I managed to make it through the "expecting" speech. But the activity that followed that required us to think of something happy or something that energized us about our summer and to draw a picture of it to serve as a reminder/re-energizer throughout the school year. But I couldn't think of anything other than my loss this summer. I tried, and just couldn't pull myself out of it and the harder I tried the deeper I sunk. I eventually had to walk out and find a quiet place in the garden, where I just bawled. I've been weepy ever since. mecry.gif

Old 08-20-2011, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

I am so sorry TickleToes.  I am glad you found a place to let  your emotions free.  I hope you will be able to find someone supportive on your staff to turn to when weepy moments like this come.  Anniversaries are the hardest, I found, after I lost my father unexpectedly in 2007.  I gave myself permission to cry when I needed to and I still do from time to time, especially as I think about TTC and how my children won't meet their grandfather or great-grandparents.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:31 PM

welcome all newbies! flowersforyou.gif

there are at least four of you....hope you find the support you need here.  I have!

lilac, i also totally got AF on first day of school.  suckage!

TT, we had about four babies come in ONE WEEK a few weeks ago.  It is hard.  and my peer in Kindergarten teaching is about 5 months along.  i really like what the doc said.  totally the way to go.  good info.  good attitude!

i miss boots and taxi too. and caly and hykue.

bel, good to see you!

re opks:  if you're having trouble getting positives, i think you should try clearblue digitals with the smiley faces. we call them gsb-golden shower boyfriend.  he smiles at you and it makes you so freakin cheerful! even though we've been ttc for an interminable length of time (TWO YEARS), it still makes me happy when i see him.  saw him today, so we're hopeful even though it's been so long.

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 08-21-2011, 12:34 PM

oh! and regarding signature line and everything...i'm sorry...who asked?  once you hit like a month plus 50 posts or something, you're no longer a new member.   but as far as signatures....you go to your own profile and edit one.  it's kinda hard to see where the link is but it's there.  play around with your profile.

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM

I feel for you, TT, I'm sure if I was in your situation I would be a blubbering mess. I've never been pregnant or had a loss and it still was really upsetting this year when I learned in the space of a few months that both of my close friends got pregnant in the time we've been ttc. I always hoped we'd be pregnant together (even though we all live on opposite sides of the country it would have been nice to share that experience with them). One is due in October, I believe, and the other in December (with #2).

I have a brief update on my weird cycle this month. I'm now at 17 dpo according to FF and still no AF. I tested on 14dpo and 15dpo with a cheap strip test and it was BFN but a faint line appeared after the 10-minute window so I assume that was an evap.

I don't feel particularly pregnant, but I also don't feel like AF is coming. My temps are still up and my boobs are full and heavy and seem to be getting slightly fuller each day. I will test again tomorrow with FMU, using a First Response Early Result because I've heard these are more sensitive.

It's so frustrating to not know what's going on!  I usually have a very regular 27 day cycle with a 11 or 12 day luteal phase. This time I ovulated early and my LP is 17 days and counting even though I'm only on CD 30. Either I am pregnant and the tests are false negatives praying.gif, OR I am having a chemical pregnancy greensad.gif  OR my period is delayed and progesterone levels are still high for some other reason  shrug.gif.  I've read that plenty of women get BFN before BFP even if they didn't test super early the first time, and I spent hours looking in FF chart gallery at people who had late BFP with a previous BFN, so I know it's possible. It looks like most tested positive on 17 or 18 dpo so I will wait until 18 dpo just to make sure.

Knowing myself, if it turns out that I'm not pregnant then I will worry about what caused all of this - and if it turns out that I am I will worry why it took so long to get a BFP and whether this means I am more likely to miscarry. Not the most fun way to start off being pregnant! 

It's all starting to drive me crazy - last night I woke up from crazy dreams about testing and charting and in my dream I did a test which looked positive immediately and then turned negative shortly after. I'd like to interpret that as my subconscious telling me that I am indeed pregnant and my rational mind coming in after and doubting it but maybe it's the other way around? 

This whole saga (well it's only been a few days but it feels like a saga!) is really making it difficult to concentrate on finishing my PhD thesis - thankfully I just got a 2-week extension so the lack of progress in the past few days isn't that bad...

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Chapluqa, I hope the next few days give some answers to you.  Weirdness is never fun.  I kept thinking I was pregnant this last month because I didn't have the painful breasts, but then I wasn't.

I don't know who wrote about it, but the B-complex did increase my luteal phase by one day to 13 days.

Onto more fun at work this week.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:07 PM

I am so sorry about such a stressful exercise at work. Tickletoes. hug2.gif I hope that sharing your feelings here helped and that you were able to have a calm and peaceful weekend. 

Wow, chapluqa, I saw your other thread and hoped you'd be sharing that you got a bfp. I still hope you are able to in the am. I can totally relate to the worrying that you mentioned if it goes either way. My job involves a lot of research, so I can understand your consideration of multiple possibilities. That's great that you have some extra time to work on the thesis.

AFM, I finally got a +opk on Friday! We've been celebrating it with a busy weekend of ttc. I had been crampy and bloaty yesterday and last night had a really intense, short cramp, so it could have been it! Since we were uncertain if I was ovulating before this, it is definitely a very good sign. I'll have tests on Thurs to see/confirm what's going on. Thanks for sharing your o signs and experience, lilacvioletiris. I was thinking about going back on the b-complex I was taking before I started ttc, but then I thought that I'd been using it when I had all the consistently weird midcycle bleeding. So I'm unsure.

Catheleni Yay for yout +opk, as well. We must be cycle buddies! I used the unmistakable Yes/No digital from First Response (you test once a day and it tracks your levels from day to day), supplemented with the dollar tree tests. Although the dt opks were getting darker, the clear + from the FR made me so happy. I felt as though it was taunting me all those days I got no-, though.

Hope that everyone's week gets off to a great start!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 PM

Chapluqa - Your chart is looking really pretty! Definitely test again with a more sensitive test. If I had a chart like that, I'd be trying not to climb the walls. I'm crossing all of my fingers for you and hoping that your test gives you a clear BFP.

Thanks for the support, ladies. It is good to have one place where I can let it all out.

User Tag List