~*~the Fabulous ONE THREAD~*~Aug. 7-Aug. 14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 148 Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AndtheStars - YES, this is my first!!  And although I have been charting for 3 months now, this is my first cycle TTC!  I am crossing my fingers it happens quickly, although I had a psychic tell me it would take about 3 months.. I am trying none the less! Very excited to become a mommy finally! :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  I am still new to this all but can't wait to become "one of you" joy.gif

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 148 Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM

MommySince2008 - isn't exciting when you really get to see it for yourself?? I really miss charting this time, mostly b/c I like numbers & graphs, lol. Looks good!

MeredithA/AndtheStars - My DD is also 3.5, and DH & I are well aware that she is a super easy-going kid. Even so, we have days when we are pulling our hair out & wondering if we *really* want to have another one who could be even more difficult.

AFM, I thought AF had started yesterday, but it was unusually light & with no cramping, then today I barely had spotting, so I am telling myself it's b/c of the change in exercise routine, but I am probably going to test again in a couple days if there's no change. If I can wait that long.
#63 of 148 Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 PM

Hi guys, been lurking/reading but not posting a lot. Not much going on really. Just cleaning and preparing to leave for our trip...

Welcome to the new ladies!

cbaa - I hope to get the same experience out of it! I am interested in finding out how far/close I am to the "proper position" and really excited about learning the self care techniques. She is also certified through Rosita Arvigo's training and I found her on the official Arvigo therapy website. Though I haven't me her yet, so I don't know a lot about her. It's $170 for the first visit and she it'll be about 2hrs and 15min. I'm hoping it is really worth it! I'll keep you all updated (My appt isn't until the 29th after I get back from vacation and my sister leaves). 

Stevi - I hope the FWB works out for you!

Mommy2008 - Chart looks good so far! I'm glad you are enjoying charting.

Sorry Arbybee hug2.gifGlad you have something to look forward too and aren't going to let AF get the best of you! Onward and upward!

Okapi - How many dpo are you? It kind of sounds promising to me...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#64 of 148 Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Stevi and AndTheStars, about the HSGs... When I was married to my first husband, who I was with for 12 years, we tried on and off to conceive and it wasn't happening, so about when I was 30'ish I had the first HSG done.  Not sure how long in total it would have been that we were ttcing, but we were going through a number of stressors at different points and so that's what made us pull back from the trying, then begin again when things would get better.  At that time, we were given a diagnosis of Unexplained Infertility, and it was suggested we try Clomid and IUI to start.  Well, we didn't go with it, because a short time later we decided to end things.  Three years ago, I met someone, and got married again, this time I'm older and wiser and my DH and I enjoy a wonderful life together...when we decided that we were ready to try to have a baby and reached the 6 month point we went to the fertility doc I had before-- the previous diagnosis I had of Unexplained, combined with age, were the reasons for not waiting too long.  (I know that Unexplained might not be applicable with DH and I, so it was mostly my age that I was concerned about... ) Anyway, we were slated for a work-up, which included the HSG, when I actually got a bfp-- only to have a m/c at 6 weeks.  Went ahead with the tests shortly after-- this was August 2009.  We did a Clomid IUI for November, then December-- and that second one was successful.  So now, here we go again... HSG#3, I'll see you Friday! 

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#65 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Hi ladies, been a bit quiet in this forum.  I was convinced I was about to O and was quite exited that things were finally happening.  I had my D&C 7 weeks ago, and other that ocasional spotting, no AF yet.  I have CM that can strech between fingers, but is that definatly fertile(ish)???

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#66 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM

CorgiMommy...   Oh yeah! The stretchy stuff is the BEST kind! Keep BDing!!!!

And yes, it has been too quiet in here, hasn't it? I guess everyone is on vacation!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#67 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Still waiting for O over here.. I had a really messed up cycle last month because (I think?) of about 1.5 weeks of sleep deprivation and my cycle ended up being longer than normal and it threw my chart way off.  Now it shows that I have like a week worth of possible O days.. have you guys seen this before??  How will I know when the actual day is?  I get watching temp and CM should help, but this is scary for me when THIS is my first month TTC and also first month of crazy chart.  Here is what it looks like... any advice?chart.JPG

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

#68 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Thank you for th encouragement with my strechy CM, will keep BDing thanks.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

#69 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Hey, ladies!  I would love to join you all.

My name is Sarah and I'm TTC #3.  I have an 8yo son and 3 yo daughter.  My DH and I have been TTC off and on since May 2010.  I'm taking some supplements to help with LP defect and to increase fertile CM, and this is my first cycle TTC with soy isoflavones!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/EcstaticUtahMommy

Janell - We are on the exact same CD and FF is giving me the same fertile days.  CD 13-15 as the start of my fertile window, and CD 16-20 as forecasted O days.

Sarah ❤ Engaged to Manuel ❤ Mommy to Ben (10) and Aislinn (5), loving stepmom to Jordyn (11), Jazmyne (9) & Brooklyn (6)

TTC our first together! 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/EcstaticUtahMommy

#70 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 PM

cbaa, thanks your perspective on Arvigo. It's great that it has helped with your cramps. This is one reason why I love MDC so much. You get so many perspectives and tips and techniques for ways to be mindful of your body without resorting immediately to chemicals and drugs (though they do have their place)

Tenzinsmama, hoping that you have an easy time of it on Friday and that nice clean tubes lead to your BFP!

janellody, wow, what a chart! What do the little icons in your fertile week mean? I get the egg one but what is the flower looking one? Do you track CM also? My husband and I started BD'ing every other day about 4 days after AF stopped and we will continue (with maybe an extra one thrown in this weekend) until my fertile CM stops. That way we are hoping to hit on the day of O or the day before. Does that help you at all?

kittenbritches, Welcome! It's awesome that you and janellody can be cycle buddies. I hope it ends in a BFP for both of you. How long is your LP? I think I said it earlier in the thread but eating carrots, drinking grapefruit juice and taking Mucinex can all help with CM. Maybe you can add those to your arsenal of TTC weapons.

AFM, just BD'ing and waiting to O. I'm thinking maybe tomorrow or Saturday. Maybe TMI but after BD last night, I had some clear EWCM after which was the first truly EWCM I saw this cycle. Does anyone else get wet/EWCM after true EWCM but before O? How's that for an acronym sentence? orngtongue.gif

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#71 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

AFM, just BD'ing and waiting to O. I'm thinking maybe tomorrow or Saturday. Maybe TMI but after BD last night, I had some clear EWCM after which was the first truly EWCM I saw this cycle. Does anyone else get wet/EWCM after true EWCM but before O? How's that for an acronym sentence? orngtongue.gif

Maybe tmi, but when this happens to me it is usually leftovers from DH's contribution. How long did you wait to check after you BD's? And yes, (when I ever actually O) it isn't on the day of my most fertile CM, but seems to be on the last day when my cm is either more watery/creamy, or very thick and barely any stretch left.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#72 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Yeah, I seem to ovulate the day my cm goes thick and creamy... The only EWCM I ever see after ovulation is the little bit I sometimes get right before, or with AF.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#73 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 PM

I may have spoken too soon: AF didn't show up (she is usually very reliable) so I took a test after work today and...a very faint second line!!

Will test again tomorrow morning with FMU but my heart is pounding out of my chest.

step-mama to R(4) and mama to my little man H (arrived 4/2012)

#74 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Arby - now my heart is pounding too!!!!!!  This is sooooooo exciting.  Can't wait for that darker line tomorrow!  Fingers, toes, arms, legs, etc crossed for you!!!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#75 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

arby - it is almost time for dancing vegetables!! Can't wait for your morning update, but a line is a line, CONGRATS!!!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#76 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Arby! Ha! Super excited for a pic tomorrow!

Sila, I checked 20 mins or so after BD when I decided I had laid on back withmy legs in the air long enough eyesroll.gif. I thought that it was maybe from DH too but it was very clear and his stuff is always, ahem, not. I'm glad to hear that your (and Stevi's) EWCM pattern is the similar to mine. I try to remember that when it's watery at the end that I'm most likely O'ing then. But good EWCM is so exciting that I always jump the gun and think I O'd early.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#77 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Okapi ~ If I were you I’d be unable to resist taking another test!

Sila/Cbaa/AndtheStars~ I’m going to have to look up Arvigo therapy….not really sure what it is but it sounds really interesting!

Welcome KittenbritchesWelcome.gif

AndtheStars ~ After BD, I also typically assume that it is leftovers and not true ewcm ….i always have a difficult time telling the two apart honestly!

Arbybee!!! So exciting! Please post a pic!!!

AFM, still waiting to O...I actually had some light spotting today & am thinking it might be because of the daily BDing and I am wondering if we should just cut back to every other day. Also, I'm wondering if my thermometer is defective or if it is common to have the exact same temperature for days at a time. I've been at 97.1 for 5 days in a row. ... ...ok seriously Arbybee I can't stop thinking about your line! Fingers crossed for a darker line in the morning - keep up updated!! 

#78 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 PM

MeredithA...   The best way to find out if your thermometer is faulty is to take your temperature right now and see what it reads.

#79 of 148 Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome, AndtheStars and MeredithA!

MeredithA - Flat temps are usually indicative of a defective thermometer or low batteries.  Is it a BBT or a fever thermometer?  If it's not a BBT, it's possible it's just rounding to the nearest tenth and your temps have just been really consistent.  How many cycles have you been charting?  If this isn't your first cycle, did you use this thermometer previously without issues?  Sorry for the barrage of questions!  orngtongue.gif  Also, here's what FF has to say about flat temps: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Flat-BBT-Readings.html

Sarah ❤ Engaged to Manuel ❤ Mommy to Ben (10) and Aislinn (5), loving stepmom to Jordyn (11), Jazmyne (9) & Brooklyn (6)

TTC our first together! 

#80 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 AM

DSC_0011.JPG

Faint second line...or am I crazy?

step-mama to R(4) and mama to my little man H (arrived 4/2012)

#81 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 05:45 AM

That line is very faint, but unless there is something wrong with the test, you must be pregnant.  Thats what I have heard, a line, no matter how faint, is still a line.  Congrads!!!

#82 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 AM

Congratulations Arby!

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#83 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 06:18 AM

Congrats Arby!!! How many DPO are you?

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#84 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Definitely a second line! Congrats! Stick baby stick!

Nice temp jump too!

#85 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 AM

Congrats Arby! I hope you have an easy 9 months ahead of you.

AFM:  My thermometer died this morning.  Should I try and buy the same brand (BD brand) or just go get another basal thermometer at the drugstore?  I'm glad I'm in the TWW and not waiting to O!!

Me (27) married to my DH (28) for 8 years.  Happy mama to babygirl.gif born May 2012!  Also,  parents to dog2.gif, chicken3.gif, and a rabbit. 

#86 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Kitten - That is cool that we are on the same cycle, we can be cycle buddies!  Any idea why the chart is giving so many O days or has yours been doing that for more than one month?  Mine previously was only giving me 1 O day and a few days before the most fertile days. 

AndtheStars - the little icons are supposed to mean the days you are most fertile right before O.. but my chart is giving me so many O days, who knows really.  We are going for every other day as well, but are finding it a bit difficult as we are usually once a weekers, and hubby is getting a little worn out.. so hopefully we can keep this up for another couple weeks =/

Arby - So excited for you!!! Looks like a positive to me!!

#87 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 AM

how do I post my chart?

#88 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Arby - That is absolutely a second line!!  Congratulations!!  There are "false" (too early) negatives, but a positive is a positive.  I'm so excited for you!  

Janellody - I've been charting off and on for the last seven years, so I'm not sure how long it's been giving me such a long fertile window.  My cycles have been really irregular for a while -- my ovaries have a mind of their own and I O anywhere from CD13 to CD 23 (or later) -- and I have a LP defect (it varies from 5-14 days).  Can you link to your chart?  

TTC our first together! 

#89 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 AM

Corgi - On FF, there is a link on the left-hand side that says "Settings."  From there, click on "Home Page Settings" and at the top it will display the link for your shareable charting page.  If you haven't set up your home page yet, you'll have to do that first (it only takes a minute).

TTC our first together! 

#90 of 148 Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbritches View Post

Arby - That is absolutely a second line!!  Congratulations!!  There are "false" (too early) negatives, but a positive is a positive.  I'm so excited for you!  

Janellody - I've been charting off and on for the last seven years, so I'm not sure how long it's been giving me such a long fertile window.  My cycles have been really irregular for a while -- my ovaries have a mind of their own and I O anywhere from CD13 to CD 23 (or later) -- and I have a LP defect (it varies from 5-14 days).  Can you link to your chart?  

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/352915   I think that's it?

Ok so, today, I SEEM to have maybe EGCM but I rarely feel like I really KNOW what it is supposed to look like, even after reading the descriptions over and over.  It seems to be more white than clear, but it has been over 24 hours since BD, can it still be seminal fluid, do you guys know?  It is a weird time in my cycle to get EWCM so I am thinking maybe it's not really that?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page