~*~the Fabulous ONE THREAD~*~Aug. 7-Aug. 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for August 7 - August 14 !!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

AndtheStars

asprague

bremen BFPChart2.gif

BubbleMa

CorgiMommy

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

jnsmom

KM84

MeredithA chartnew.gif

PrenatalCoach  BFPChart2.gif

Shelley71 BFPChart2.gif

SilaMarila BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

Sourire BFPChart2.gif

RenoKirbyButtrs

TenzinsMama

Gemmine 

Janellody

kittenbritches chartnew.gif

SKJ2011 chartnew.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

Crrrunchberrie BFPChart2.gif

GenesisBirth

honesti

SweetTea

arbybee BFPChart2.gif

okapi

Caitlintea

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

vivica2 BFPChart2.gif

MOMMYSINCE2008

casmer BFPChart2.gif

Beautifulnm

Stevi 

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif
brichole1214 

christy1980 BFPChart2.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

sleepingbeauty
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread: One Thread Graduates August 2011  (the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gifAugust BFPs heartbeat.gif

belacmsage BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifJuly BFP's!heartbeat.gif
Biffer
Cellist
finsmom

justKate BFPChart2.gif

sunflwrmoonbeam BFPChart2.gif

Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif

tantylynn 

remark71 BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifJune BFP's!heartbeat.gif

OdinsMommy0409 

DandyLion BFPChart2.gif

Zubeldia

heartbeat.gifMay BFP's!heartbeat.gif

MommyMatsumoto  

writinglove

Engineeringmama

skyemama81

#2 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

dust.gif

dust.gif

dust.gif

Baby dust to everyone this week! 

#3 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Thank you for the new thread, MeredithA!

MeredithA and Gemmine - I am 6 DPO today. I've been testing for awhile now because I have no self control, lol. But my next test will be on Tuesday which happens to be our wedding anniversary! So I'm hoping that will be lucky!

Sending dust to all!! <3

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#4 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you for the new thread & for moving me MeredithA!!!

Gemmine- I hope the +OPK turns into a BFP- seems good that the temp has stayed up!

4 dpo heresleepytime.gif I was up late last night and would like to go back to bed!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#5 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM

Gemmine: Hoping you get a BFP soon! Your chart is looking good!

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#6 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 03:44 PM

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD MEREDITH!

OH AND THANKS FOR MOVING ME TWO THE 2WW! YOURE AWESOME!

I JUST TOOK ANOTHER OPK TEST AND ITS NEGATIVE. NOW WHAT DO I DO?

hang.gif(ME) +wave.gif(DH) = MONICA blahblah.gif (3) AND MAKINLY sleepytime.gif! TTC #3~!

#7 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 03:47 PM

HEY MEREDITH, WHY IS IT WHEN I CLICK TO SEE YOUR CHART IT BRINGS ME TO MINE?

hang.gif(ME) +wave.gif(DH) = MONICA blahblah.gif (3) AND MAKINLY sleepytime.gif! TTC #3~!

#8 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

haha I don't know! MommySince2008, I am really terrible at computer stuff so I thought I might have done the link wrong, but when I click on it, it brings me to mine....perhaps because I'm already logged in on FF? How are your girls feeling today? Oh, and as for your negative opk, - I think the reason for that is because you already ovulated. You said you had a temp increase after getting positive opks right? I think that temp shift happens after O. So, I hope you already had a nice sextravaganza & caught the egg a few days ago. I'm really really hoping this is the month for you! 

Crunchberrie ~ a BFP would be such a perfect anniversary gift! I can't wait to hear about the test on Tuesday!

AFM, AF finally seemed to end for real this time and DH is committed to his idea of BD every single day so regardless of how my temps or CM are, August is going to be, er, busy for me nut.gif

MOMMYSINCE2008 likes this.
#9 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 06:21 PM

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/366c1f">My Ovulation Chart</a>

OK LADIES HERE IS MY CHART, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

#10 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Gemmine- Weirddd, because you know I only have awesome experiences (Personal and not) with getting +OPKs before +HPTs. What kind of HPT did you take? It was a good solid 24 hours in-between my +OPK and my +HPT... ... ... lurk.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#11 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 08:31 PM

MOMMYSINCE2008...   How long are your cycles normally?

Gemmine...   Toes crossed for you here in Sin City!!!

AAM...   It appears I am to be kept very "in the loop" with my teenage friends' pregnancy. I got to be there when she told him, and I cannot tell you how proud I am of him. He said absolutely everything right! He wants to keep the baby (so does she), he talked about giving her money to help support their baby, and even said he wants to marry before the baby is born.

I wish this young man came in my size... LOL

BubbleMa likes this.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#12 of 148 Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM

stevi- my cycles range from 27 to 28 days. 

#13 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 AM

Here's to a lucky week for all!

I have one test in the closet and I am SERIOUSLY doing my best to wait and take it on Thursday. My temps are higher than ever this LP though! I don't even really know if that means anything!

step-mama to R(4) and mama to my little man H (arrived 4/2012)

#14 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Temp crashed today :-( I guess if I see ANY temp drop on 11DPO, even if it's still "high" I should take that as my sign. AF should be here in the next few days. I'm learning more and more about my cycles which is a good thing. Even though we had 3 BDs in the fertile window, it was the 3 days before O and I need to try to aim for 3 days INCLUDING O day. I'm wondering if the sperm aren't surviving long because I don't get fertile CF. Gonna pick up some evening primrose oil to try this cycle.

Stevi: I'm glad to hear his response! How are you doing in your cycle? Any updates from the possible donor?

arby your temps ARE super high! Chart looks good! Looks like you had a 10 day LP last cycle so you should know something in a couple of days! Are you having any symptoms?

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#15 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

Gemmine - Hmm. Definitely aim for your peak day. I have had luck with EPRO. I hope it does the trick for you. Have you ever tried BDing on the day of your temp shift? Maybe your egg is viable longer than you think and you are missing it? If you are going to BD 3 days, day before O day, Oday, and day your temp goes up would give you pretty high chances. Major bummer though angry.gif

MommySince2008 - I hope your kids are feeling better this week and you get a chance to rest and "catch" up. Good luck with your 2ww!

Stevi - Thanks for the update! I was just thinking yesterday how that whole situation was going. So glad to hear they are both taking responsibility. 

Arbybee - Lookin good! Hold out a few more days!

AFM - My temp shot up almost 1 degree! And I got one of those weird "half positive" opks...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#16 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 AM

Could I be moved to waiting to know? I'm 95% sure this is not our  month as DH and I were both super stressed during my fertile period and we also had overnight visitors.  Anyhow, I resigned from my job today, so starting September 1 I'll be a stay at home wife.  I'm kinda nervous about up and quitting, but DH said "we need to get you out of there" so I'm already feeling relieved.  Come on August 31!

Me (27) married to my DH (28) for 8 years.  Happy mama to babygirl.gif born May 2012!  Also,  parents to dog2.gif, chicken3.gif, and a rabbit. 

#17 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks for the new thread MeredithA.

Gemmine  hug2.gif.  I hope the EPO helps next cycle.  

Arby - your chart looks great.  Fingers crossed.

AFM, I'm 3 DPO.  I really think I O'ed on Saturday though.  I had lots of EWCM, though could have been semen, and then it dried up in the evening.  But, my temp was up that day.  I'm hoping that we BD'ed enough.  It was either on O-2 and O-1 or O-1 and O day.  I started using NPC yesterday.  I'm hoping it lengthens my LP.  I have been having some twinges/cramping/sharp lower abdominal pain today.  I don't feel too hopeful about this cycle though.  I'm not sure if that's to temper the potential disappointment or not.  In any event, I'm doing my best to live in the moment and not get my hopes too high.  Ah the TWW, you are my foe!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#18 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 AM

Meredith, thanks for the new thread!

I've been quietly lurking and chart-stalking those of you in the 2WW. Fingers crossed for each of you!

Those of you waiting to O, I'm right there with you. Wonder if I'd be so lucky to have cycles that are long AND regular? This is CD 15. I had a spike on CD 13 but it's dropped again. And I am just unable to figure out my CM right now -- there's so little of it I wonder if it even matters. confused.gif I am still waiting to interview for a teaching job for next year, so when I thought I O'd I was actually a little panicked because I wasn't expecting it yet. I was hoping I'd know whether I had a job before O came (because as the summer drags on I am becoming much less hopeful). Now I'm wishing that was it, feeling dumb (like I wished my egg away -- how silly). Oh well. I hate being in the dark on both of these things. I actually quit my summer job a week before school starts so this week I am sitting home going stir crazy instead of setting up the classroom I thought I might have. It is not good for me to have this much time on my hands to pee on sticks and chart stalk! nut.gif

MommySince08 - Sorry to hear your kids are so sick. I hope they are feeling better soon.

gemmine - Hope AF doesn't find you this cycle. hug2.gif

I'm 30, SO is 27, married since 2006. DS Isaac born 5/15/12. First time mama getting the hang of bfinfant.gifand cd.gif.

#19 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 AM

MOMMYSINCE2008...   Your temps are hard to decipher, but your other signs (opk and cf) point to ovulating yesterday or today, with yesterday being the most likely.

Gemmine...   I just got my first EWCM this morning, which puts my cycle right on it's previous schedule. I'm still talking with one possible new donor, unfotunately he is the only candidate I have right now. He's a good one, I just wish I had other considerations in case he falls through. If I can't get a donor started up in the next couple days I am seriously considering going back to dating.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#20 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hey ladies... my doctor just took me off work due to my anxiety issues. He says I should stay home for 6 weeks but I am probably going to do 2-3 weeks. Anyways I'm thinking its probably better for my mental health to stay off this site for a while, so I'll see you all in September. Hopefully I will have some good news when I come back from my break... you know what they always say, just relax and it will happen... well I intend to do some serious relaxing!!!!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#21 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Hi all.  I am having a positive day, I hope I am not setting myself up for dissapointment but I think that my CM is getting better and I might have had a very light AF last week!  I was not sure at first, as it was very light, but no spotting after that again and I have noticed a certain increace in CM today!  So exited.  So please move me to waiting to O.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#22 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Hello All! I'm back from the beach and ready to jump back in.

Gemmine, Sorry about the drop today. Your chart was looking sooo good! Maybe the EPO will be the answer. I forget if it was this thread or another one but eating carrots is supposed to increase CM and maybe drinking cranberry juice? I forget if it was cranberry or grapefruit...maybe mix them together!

Mommysince2008, I saw on the last thread that your LO's had HFM! Yuck. DS had that three months ago and it lasted forever. I hope they are feeling better and you got some rest.

casmer, Congrats on the job ending! No one needs extra stress and if you and DH can get by without the extra money, being a home-mama-to-be sounds like the way to go. Maybe you will be surprised this month and the timing will work out perfectly for you to have a stress-free pregnancy.

SKJ2011, I hear you on the low expectations. This is the first cycle that we are really trying and I have to remind myself all the time to not get excited because it could take forever.

RKB, I hope that a surprise teaching job surfaces this week for you. My cousin is still interviewing in NYC for teaching jobs and I know that around my area, they regularly fill positions after the school year starts.

arby, looking really good...I can't wait til you break down and test winky.gif

Stevi, it sounds like your young friends are choosing a scary but really rewarding path. It is a shame that there aren't more men of all ages like that guy. Dating again!? Oh, the horror...I'll keep my fingers crossed for the new donor.

Sila, soooo, do you think O? How is the acupuncture treating you?

Sourire, I hope that a break is just what you need. We'll miss you!

AFM, started BD'ing last night for an expected O around Saturday. We're doing every other day because with my bad tear repair, I can't take anymore than that. I'm actually nervous to even do every other day for a week.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#23 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 PM

ANDTHESTARS- YES THEY DID. OMG WAS IT HORRIBLE. MY YOUNGEST WENT THROUGH IT FAIRLY QUICKLY. LASTING ABOUT ONLY 3 DAYS BUT MY OLDER ONE IS JUST NOW GETTING OVER IT AND SHE GOT DIAGNOSED WITH IT ON THRUSDAY. SHE STILL HAS THE BLISTERS IN HER MOUTH BUT SHE IS SLOWLY EATING BETTER! (TALK ABOUT WHINY IT WAS HORRIBLE) I FINALLY GOT A FULL NIGHTS SLEEP LAST NIGHT AND MAN I COULD HAVE SWORN I DIED! LOL!

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONCERNS GUYS. THEY ARE GETTING BETTER AND MOMMY IS FINALLY GETTING SOME SLEEP. 

TODAY I AM OFFICALLY 1DPO (I THINK) I POSTED MY CHART UP HERE IN A PREVIOUS POST. CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. 

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A WONDERFUL MONDAY. 

#24 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM

I am 8 DPO... not necessarily TTC but not doing much to prevent (except general charting). However, I know there was a fertile day where one thing led to another... :)

I am having all sorts of things going on with my body- fatigue, gas, cravings, some cramping, sudden feelings of being STARVING, some nausea, emotional, starting to get sore breasts, etc. I feel like I have had hormonal related nausea before that isn't related to pregnancy (since I've never been preggers), but this started within a couple days of O and has not let up. My cycles are very regular, so I will know for certain soon enough.

I have taken a few tests- all negative, but since I found great cheap ones, I will probably POAS every day until AF comes. :)

#25 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM

AndtheStars...   Would your DH be willing to bypass the intercourse to help relieve some of your pain from the tear you mentioned? In other words, maybe he could deposit his contribution via the ol' turkey baster method?

And, yeah... Dating is not my favorite thing to do either, but I've been feeling lonesome lately. I'll probably get over that once school starts, but that's still a few weeks away. LOL

#26 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 PM

OK STEVI I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION. CAN YOU REALLY USE THE TURKEY BASTER METHOD. I HAVE HEARD OF THIS BUT CAN IT REALLY WORK? I AM VERY NAIVE LOL! SO PLEASE BE HONEST! MY HUBBY PICKS AT ME ALL THE TIME! I WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING!

#27 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM

MOMMYSINCE2008...   I do not know if actual turkey basters were ever used for conception, but home inseminations are common, and have been very successful for many people. The regular method is a syringe though, not a turkey baster. :) In fact, nowadays the Instead Cup is also a popular method.

#28 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 03:39 PM

OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME! EVEN THOUGH YOU LOSE THE FUN IN MAKING THE BABY. IF THE DH ISNT ABLE TO BE HOME I GUESS THATS A GOOD WAY TO DO IT! HOW AWESOME! NOW IM GOING TO GOOGLE IT! LOL! THANKS STEVI!

#29 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sourire- I hope you're checking back in to see the messages that will surely follow your post of taking some time off. We will miss you around here, I know you've been a familiar face (name?) around here for me & I am hoping your return brings a nice dark BFP for you. Time off from the doctor sounds like a perfect prescription for getting life back on track, I hope you find peace and comfort in your time at home and you can get you anxiety down! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Sila- I hope that means O has come!!! About time! Did you BD at all during possible fertile time or are you taking time off until the acupuncturist can get you in balance?

Mommysince2008- I cant really figure out your chart, but I am no expert, I'd have to say yesterday if I had a guess. Glad you family is feeling better after HFM disease.

Stevi- I hope the new donor contacts you & this works out. Also, very responsible of your young friends, I wish them the best in parenting, they are lucky to have a supportive adult like you in their corner.

AFM- 5dpo, I had light spotting on 2 dpo when checking my cervix, and pink after BD yesterday, and more pink/tan cm today... grrr...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#30 of 148 Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Hello everyone! I am still waiting for AF. Was 'supposed' to come 2 days ago & I've had a bit of spotting, but it's not really started yet. Can't help getting a bit hopeful, even when it's highly unlikely, so I took a test this AM, but it was neg. So I am not-so-patiently waiting for it to start so we can move on. On top of my regular 'cycle is crazy anyway' stuff going on, I started running again a few weeks ago, so I'm sure that's going to throw it even more off. It's so odd, I always heard it was harder to get into exercise the older you are, but this time has been the easiest ever - not that I'm complaining!

For everyone else, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you smile.gif And congratulations to the grads from last week!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page