Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 897 Old 11-13-2011, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

GatorMom, I did Peds when I first graduated, then moved on to Postpartum and Antepartum (the actual Labor and Delivery was done a different unit, but we would float over there).  I really loved it.  :)  Now I work at an insurance company doing education, case management and reviews for med necessity.  The hours and pay are great (no weekend and holidays) and with DH being a stay at home dad, it works out great for now!

Avasmama, sorry to hear that the date wasn't what you hoped.  That has happened to me before...my DH can be like that as well and I also take it personally, but so glad to hear about your fun getaway to NH!  Good luck to you both this month!

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

#362 of 897 Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 AM

OK, I need someone to talk me down from the ledge om.gif

I've been obsessing over my chart the past couple days, and trying to keep myself from testing. My cycles are usually 26-28 days, which would mean that AF is either a day late, or due as late as tomorrow. The longest cycle I have ever had (other than the first cycle after miscarriage) was 29 days, but those are very rare (maybe once or twice a year). My chart just does not look like a pregnancy chart to me, though. My temps just don't seem stable/high enough. Could someone please chart-stalk me for a minute and tell me what you think? 

Here is my chart

I am trying to avoid testing until I am positive that I have missed AF. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment, know what I mean? 

It really "feels" like AF is on her way, although I remember feeling like this during my last pregnancy too, around the time AF was supposed to arrive. So who knows. My temps are just all over the place, and even though I am having some symptoms (mostly I'm just super tired, sore throat, a bit queasy, and a little cranky) I am passing those off as potential PMS to keep myself sane, although yesterday I did have that weird "metallic taste" in my mouth that I've heard a lot about but never experienced. It was so weird. 

Anyway, could use some support before I go totally nuts! ;) Thanks ladies!!!

#363 of 897 Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM

justclaire:  If it were me, I'd wait one more day to see if that temp was going to jump back up or not.  Just MHO  :)  Hang in there!  I know waiting is torture!

AFM:  FF says it does not detect O anymore, so I don't know WHAT the heck is going on!! My CM does not look fertile anymore, my libido is almost gone and my temps are totally un-readable.  I just wish I didn't to sit here and wonder if I'm even ovulating at ALL!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#364 of 897 Old 11-14-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Justclaire - Hang in there!  I think your chart looks pretty good.  If it were me I would wait another few days.  I know most pregnancy tests say that they are most accurate 7 days after missed period.  Thats just what I would do, but I know how hard it is to wait. 

AFM - I should O any day now.  We have been DTD about every other day.  So annoyed because I just found out that one of our friends (who has sustance abuse problems) is 2 months pregnant.  I shouldn't be annoyed, negative energy doesn't help me, but I do so much to keep my body healthy and then so many people who don't take care of their bodies or aren't trying get pregnant!  I know its only a matter of time until I get a sticky bean, but I just had to get that aggrevation out!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#365 of 897 Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Farrah - I have chondromalacia, which is softening of the tissue behind the knee cap from overuse. I had it done on the other knee in '09. I have been getting cortisone shots every 3 months and they have been draining 60 cc of fluid out of it as needed, almost weekly, in between shots.

Ava - Ugh! Frustrating with finding out about your friend. That is sort of how I felt after having my stillborn 2 weeks before my due date. I felt like I did everything I was suppose to to be healthy and still lost her and my teenage crack head, alcoholic, cousin who had 2 abortions and was in rehab twice in high school AND doesn't even try to get custody of her 3 year old. I feel ya!

I have still been off and on nauseous and almost vomiting over the last few days even though I forgot to take my antibiotic all of yesterday so I am wondering if is still ms or not. Also been super hungry and tired. I don't normally check my cervix for fertility but I have felt enough in different stages in the last 2 years tp be able to tell some differences and the last 2 days it was low, closed, dry, but soft. Today it is a bit higher but still closed, dry and soft. Does anyone know what that means? I am having a haircut in a few hours and am going to pick up a pg test. I will let you know when I know!! AF should come Wednesday.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#366 of 897 Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM

Hi everyone....  Well, I will most likely be back to trying to conceive in a couple months.  I am 6 weeks pregnant as of today and still having spotting (it actually increased over the weekend and was sometimes a red color and not just brown or pink).  I got my hCG level checked today and will get it again on Thursday morning to see if it doubles.  Unfortunately though, my level today was very low for being 6 weeks pregnant.  It was 818.  The doctor says there's still a possibility that all is okay and that waiting to see if it doubles is really what's important, but that is a low number for where I should be in the pregnancy. greensad.gif

I'm actually doing okay with this news.  I just wanted some answers... these last couple of weeks have been SOOO stressful and an emotional rollercoaster not knowing if there is something wrong or not.  I will find out for sure on Thursday.  I've shed so many tears the last couple of weeks and I'm ready to move on.

If I am miscarrying, I just hope that my body does it naturally.  I really don't want a D&C... does anyone know when this is really necessary?  I don't want to wait for weeks and weeks for my body to miscarry naturally, but I also don't want to medically intervene when it's not necessary.

My sister announced last week that she is 9 weeks pregnant with her second child ... and it would have been fun to be pregnant together and have our second children so close in age.  I'm definitely happy for her (but there's some jealousy there too since both times she gets pregnant first month of trying, and she's had no losses)..... I feel so guilty having this jealousy because I would never wish for her to have problems conceiving or any losses-- I just wish it was as easy for me as it is for her!

Sending baby dust to all of you!  I will let all of you know my results on Thursday.

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#367 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM

Hey mamaforever, I am so sorry for this roller-coaster you are going through!  I hope you get some clear answers very soon.  I think it's pretty normal for folk like us to have jealously for those who can make this happen so easily!  I am throwing a blessing-way shower for a friend of mine this Sat.  She had her first just a couple weeks after mine, and now she's about to have her 3rd baby before I've even gotten pregnant with my 2nd!  I have felt the same..being happy for her, but so jealous that I have had to wait (and still am) for my #2.

AFM:  Since I know you are all chart stalking me (right..lol)  I just thought I'd let you know that my temp went up again this am, and FF went back to saying I O'd on CD11.  So who knows..maybe it's right.  If it is, then that makes me 7DPO.

#368 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 AM

I got 2 BFN lastnite. Oh well, maybe I can get my knee taken care of and get recovered quickly and get back on the TTC wagon soon.

Mamaforever: Sorry to hear about your maybe miscarriage. How stressful to still not know for sure. flowersforyou.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#369 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

mamaforever, I'm so sorry :( Many hugs to you. I totally understand the jealousy you're feeling -- don't feel bad about that at all. It seems like everyone around me is pregnant (whether they want to be or not :( ), and while I'm excited for all of them, it's hard to "wait my turn" sometimes. As for the D&C, I had one with my miscarriage in 2010, although that wasn't quite a "normal" miscarriage. I was in a bad car accident at 6.5 wks and bean didn't make it. My doctor recommended a D&C for reasons I can't recall right now (I've blocked a lot of that time from my memory...). I'm sure your body can do it naturally if you let it. Give it some time (and hopefully you won't have to do it at all -- there's still a chance that this bean will stick!)

AFM, it looks like I'm out this month. Temp took a big nosedive this morning, so I am just waiting on AF to arrive any time now. I'm a little disappointed, since I kept telling myself that we did everything "right" this month. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. I'm a little concerned about my luteal phase. I know it is within the range of normal, but it's been 11 days 2 months in a row now, which is a little short. I'm thinking about trying some natural progesterone cream this month. I already take B6, so maybe that combo will help lengthen it by a day or two. 

#370 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

mamaforever, so sorry you are going through this.  I miscarried in June at about 12 weeks (blighted ovum with sac only developing to about 8 weeks).  I did not find out that I was miscarrying until it was about to happen, so I did not have to wait or my body to do its job.  I let it all happen naturally.  I did have to go to the hospital because I was so weak from blood loss, but if it wasn't for that I would have been fine staying home.  My family did not agree with our decision to let my body do its thing, but I still have no regrets of letting it just happen.  I would say if you are already bleeding, then most likely your body would already be working on miscarrying and you wouldn't need to have a D&C.  BUT, my fingers are still crossed that you are one of the women who have bleeding during pregnancy and that your numbers double on Thursday!

AFM: I am on CD13, I am going to O any day now, temp went up a bit today.

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#371 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Mamaforever- I have nothing but HUGE hug2.gif for you right now. The jealousy is perfectly normal- Like I think you all might remember my besty here that I work with (and see ona daily basis, and listen to LO's heartbeat every week, and get to see the growing belly...can you tell it sometimes tears me apart...greensad.gif  ) and she is preggers- we would have been a wk apart. Anyway I have learned to let the jealousy in, let it "flow through" me (sorry to sound so crunchytreehugger.gif...can't help it) and work through it and then have the happiness set back in. But just know you are not alone!  And LOTS of FX and prayers going up for you right now that maybe little bean was just a little behind and will still be devoloping just as he/she should.

As for the D&C- I didn't need it, by the time I had my appointment with the OB he looked at me and said, "Sweety there is just nothing in there so I'm not worried about it"...He kept calling me sweety and although I know he was trying to be empathetic...I just wanted to scream and cry at him...Sheesh. Anyway I let my body do it naturally. Just figured all would work itself out the way it should....

Just in case any are wondering AFM just focusing on the beautiful one I have and wishing and hoping that hubby will change his mind. Haven't had enough strength or gumshun to bring it up again yet- but I will say that I think some higher power (god in my case) has been putting little hints out there. Just seems like baby stuff keeps "popping up" without my help...I really want to talk to him about it again but at this point I don't think it would be well recieved yet...Hanging in there. Lurking on this board- FX for all you lovely ladies!! biggrinbounce.gif

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#372 of 897 Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM

I am just so sorry mamaforever about all the stress you've been going through.  I can imagine I'd feel the same way as well. 

I totally agree w/ AvaMama and the other girls about it probably being fine to let the miscarriage occur naturally (if it is indeed going to turn that way) and I think, although everyone is different, it could take about 2 weeks or so.  But just keep eating foods rich in iron (spinach, red meat if you eat it is the best source) and keep hydrated. Take warm baths if you feel crampy and try to relax.  This has been happening to women for thousands of years (way before surgical intervention) and our bodies really do know what they are doing. Just keep an eye out for a fever or foul smelling discharge or any other signs of infection.  I wish you had access to a good midwife in your area that takes your insurance (didn't you say the one you wanted to see didnt' take your insurance in an eariler post?).  FYI, if you have a benefit plan that only allows you IN-NETWORK benefits and you can't find a midwife w/in 30 miles, you can usually have that midwife waived IN-NETWORK due to access of care.  I would check it out of you want to go that route as well!  Hang in there, girlie.

Bailey, so sorry to hear of your BFN.  That sounds so painful about your knee..those shots and having it drained sound so painful.  Good luck on your recovery!

All you other girls, good luck with the 2wws. I really hope you all get your BFPs this month!!  It really will happen.  I know how discouraging it feels.  Even if everything is "right", we really can't control it.   And I totally get the jealously thing as well.  That was the worst part for me about TTC for so long.  I hated that feeling, but I think it's totally normal!  It really just isn't fair when it is so easy for others. That is what these forums are for....it allows you permission to feel however you want to feel and get support for it!

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

#373 of 897 Old 11-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Thank you so much everyone for your hugs and support.  I am officially miscarrying now.  I was lightly bleeding yesterday with mild cramps, but today I have heavy bleeding with moderate cramps.  DH and I are doing okay.  I have said my "goodbyes" to this baby, which is very emotional at the time, but it brings me peace afterwards.  This is my second miscarriage.  I had a very early one before I got pregnant with DS (I was between 4.5 and 5 weeks with that one).  I hope this pattern shows that my next pregnancy will result in a full term healthy baby.

I will write personals later.  Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words and support through this.  grouphug.gif

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#374 of 897 Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 AM

Looking for some insight today since this is my first cycle that I have been paying attention to since DD was born. I'm a little confused and out of practice.

Today was my first day taking my temp this morning, it was 97.8, which doesn't seem very high. Whenever I get my temp taken at the doctors office it seems that it is always 97.6. My cervix is higher than it was the last few days by maybe a cm and feels pretty soft or in between firm and soft. My boobs have been a little sore and definitely fuller.  I had been having lots of chocolate cravings and been real tired the last few days, but today I am not craving chocolate or tired. I'm on CD 29 and would normally get my period today going by my cycles from before pregnancy. Should I be getting my period soon or what is the deal?

TIA

* also having a few barely noticeable cramps.

* I think I O'd on Nov 5.

* I'm not bloated like I am right before AF.

#375 of 897 Old 11-17-2011, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs to mamaforever - take care of yourself and spend a lot of time with DS, I know that always helps me during/after a loss.

AFM - I am on CD15.  My temp went up some this morning and this is my fifth day of EWCM, so I think today may be O day, but I will have to wait a couple days to know for sure.  We will try to DTD again today, but I feel like I am so tired of DTD by the time O is here!!  Wishing I was in my early 20s when DTD 3 times a day was fun and not exhausting! [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

#376 of 897 Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 PM

LOL Ava'sMama, so true and good luck :)

So sorry Mamaforever.  hug2.gifYou will have that perfect little baby soon enough and my thoughts are with you.  I hope you find peace and at least some relief to finally know for sure which was this was going to go. 

Bailey...though sx could go either way w/ the PMS sx vs preggo sx. How many days is your LP?  POAS!!

#377 of 897 Old 11-18-2011, 06:56 AM

IDK how long. If I O'd when I think I did this would be 13 DPO. I guess when I tested that would've only been 6 DPO. I don't feel pregnant anymore, though. My temp went 97.8, 97.9, 97.8 and those are the only dates I have taken my temp. Maybe AF will start this weekend. It seems like it likes to start on Sundays sometime....haha.

#378 of 897 Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 AM

Hi everyone! Im new here and so thankful that i found out about this page... Im TTC since last year but still BFN till present, thing is., im experiencing symptoms that i had before with my DS who's turning 5 this december.. Im having implantation bleeding (pinkish blood and just on TP), breast tenderness, fatigue, high temperature than normal (99-100.4) dizziness and mostly being emotional. I had my LMP oct 23, my calendar stated that i was ovulating the time i had intercourse and still waiting till next week if im gonna miss my period, is it likely that i am pregnant or im just obsessed of being one thats why im having the similar symptoms?! Thanks, any advise is much appreciated... Cheers!!! innocent.gif
#379 of 897 Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 PM

Welcome Lizzy!  You have some promising symptoms going on!

Sorry for your loss, mamaforever. hug2.gif  I hope your wait to conceive again is short and sticky :)

That does seem a bit confusing, Bailey.  I hope you get a straight answer soon!

AFM:  I'm 5DPO now according to FF.  It's DH's and my 5th anniversary tonight and we are going out to a comedy club to see David Alen Grier.  I am contemplating on if it is worth the risk of having one glass of wine with dinner.  What do you gals think?

#380 of 897 Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Gator - Happy anniversary...yes, have one glass of wine with dinner!!

Welcome Lizzy, symptoms sound promising! 

AFM - I think I O'd yesterday or the day before.  Last night my "loins" were seriously throbbing, so I take that as an indicator that I was Oing!  Sorry if that is TMI!!  Anyways, we DTD pretty consistently this month, so we will see.  I am boycotting pregnancy tests (even though I still have one in the house), so if we do catch the egg this month I will TRY to just trust my body to know when I am pregnant! 

#381 of 897 Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 PM

joy.gif Thanks guys! my nose is kinda sentsitive now too, as if im inhaling that goes straight inside my head so having headaches if i dont like the smell.. tummy is bulgy i just realized! I am like a big tadpole :D can't wait doing the PT next week at the same time scared.. doctor said wait 2 weeks till i missed my period but hell i cant wait another more week for it :(

#382 of 897 Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

AFM:  I'm 5DPO now according to FF.  It's DH's and my 5th anniversary tonight and we are going out to a comedy club to see David Alen Grier.  I am contemplating on if it is worth the risk of having one glass of wine with dinner.  What do you gals think?

Gator: GO FOR IT!!!!

Hi Lizzie, I hate waiting for testing too.

Well, I had my doctor appointment for my knee yesterday. I have bad news and good news. The bad news is they don't think that there is anything structurally wrong with my knee and that I might have rhuematoid arthritis (even though I tested negative for rhuematoid factor ???). And none of the medications they would give me are safe for pregnancy or ones that I would take because of risk. Also, since they are not sure if it is RA I don't want to be their ginuea pig and just try a bunch of meds til they find one that works, etc. greensad.gif

The good news is, there's nothing more than can do and so I can get pregnant anytime, I guess, shrug.gif

I was pretty frustrated last night because I am hesitant to want to get pregnant and have trouble walking and taking care of DD, but I also don't want to put my whole life on hold. The one saving grace is that I have never had trouble with my knee while pregnant or nursing. My uneducated, non-medical-professional brain tells me that since most RA medications are immuno-suppressants and pregnancy lowers your immune system so that your body doesn't reject the baby that maybe pregnancy is a natural immuno-suppressant??? DH is supportive of whatever I choose but told me to think about it for a little bit. We have a few weeks while I am waiting for AF and a new cycle and new ovulation to think about it but I'm pretty sure baby fever is going to be driving my choice.

AFM: My temp was 97.8* again today so I have 97.8, 97.9, 97.8 and 97.8. My cervix is low and very firm now. It feels like a firm little donut so I think it is opening. I also have some brown discharge so I am thinking AF is on her way.

#383 of 897 Old 11-19-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!  Lizzy, keep us posted!  Bailey!  Thats good, I think!  Have you looked into any natural remedies for RA, such as inflammation reducers etc?  Or even going to see an acucupuncturist or homeopath/natropath to help with your pain and inflammation?

AFM:  FF gave me crosshairs this morning, so I am 3 DPO :)

#384 of 897 Old 11-19-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes, I my chiropractor does acupuncture and he is great!

I have been looking up some stuff on long LP since this is 14dpo for me. Technically AF should come in the next 2 days right? Baby fever is hitting me really hard today. I have been pregnant the last 2 winters and it is snowing today cold.gif  and I am actually craving having morning sickness and being in the uncomfortable first trimester part of pregnancy. rolleyes.gif

#385 of 897 Old 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Ava's Mama:  I hope you nailed it!

Bailey:  Have you thought about diet to help with your arthritis?  I know that foods with cholesterol and a lot of times wheat can cause inflammation types of reactions.  Maybe you could do the allergy diet...(basically a raw food diet) for a couple of weeks and see if it helps with your pain?  Then you can add things back in slowly and see if you can find out if there are food triggers causing your flare-ups.

AFM:  The comedy club did not have wine, which was totally disappointing.  But I did have one beer.  I dont' know if it was even worth it because it wasn't a glass of wine like I wanted!  But I threw a Blessing Way this morning for my friend having her 3rd baby.  It was awesome, and totally got me into the letting things flow kind of mood.  I feel like maybe being in this relaxed state and also around all these baby vibes will send it's energy down to my uterus!  I'm about at implantation time...so any time now!  lol.

#386 of 897 Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 PM

goodvibes.gifImplantation vibes!!!

#387 of 897 Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Hello! My name is Laura, 33 year's old and TTC #2 after a MC in April. My DD is 17 months old and we started to TTC #2 when she was 6 months old. I found out I was pregnant with twins in Feb but MC @10 weeks in April. We started TTC again in May and so far no luck:(  I'm currently 4 DPO and want to POAS so bad!!! I pray this is my cycle. Good luck to all of us and baby dust!

#388 of 897 Old 11-20-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Laura!  So sorry for your loss, sending baby dust your way!!

#389 of 897 Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM

bad news :( i think im having my period.. i was havin cramps yesterday morning and thought was only normal, then afternoon i started bleeding with blood cloth... like a normal period but now it stopped again.. i really dont know whats goin on, and if its period its like 4 days early for my cycle.. greensad.gif

#390 of 897 Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM

IzzsMom:  I said hi to you already on the One Thread, but hi again!

Lizzy:  Implantation bleed?  I'm not an expert on bleeding..I just know everyone has different stories about it!  Hopefully it's a GOOD thing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page