Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 897 Old 11-26-2011, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also agree with you, FarrahLily, about the unassisted births (how are you by the way and the sticky little bean?).  Sorry I didn't clarify in my post, Bailey, that I say go for it regarding homebirth with midwives or choose a birthing center and don't go the unassisted childbirth route.  I also don't think it's wise to go unassisted.  Although women gave birth without assistance back in the day, there were also many more deaths from birth (mother and child) because of not having any professionals there to intervene medically if needed.  I don't live close enough to a hospital either and homebirth just seems scary for that reason, and unfortunately my health insurance does not have cover midwives for a birthing center.  I am considering hiring a doula for my next delivery that I can have in a hospital who can communicate with the doctor and nurses for me to make the experience as close to natural as possible.  But I am also lucky that my delivery with my son was a very good hospital experience, and I even had a midwife deliver him (the midwife was the one on-call for my ob/gyn practice when I delivered).  The good experiences I had affect my decision to have another hospital birth, so I can see why if you had negative experiences with your hospital births, that you would want to try something else.

Gator-mom-  So any possible pregnancy symptoms to report?  I am also anxious to see your results.  Do you have a test date?

Ava'sMama-  Wow on your delivery with DD!  Yay for getting close to the end of your LP and I completely understand waiting to test.  I will probably do the same thing.

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 897 Old 11-26-2011, 07:49 AM

Welcome, jpack!  Sorry it's taking more time TTC than it did for your DD!  But just try to remind yourself that making it happen the first month is pretty rare.  It has only been a few months, and it's bound to happen soon!  Good luck!

#423 of 897 Old 11-26-2011, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

Welcome Frankiemommie! 

Bailey - I PLAN on having a homebirth for my next birth!  My labor with DD was so fast that I delivered in an ambulance.  I was so scared of the transfer to the hospital slowing labor down that we just tried to stay home as long as possible and suddenly she was crowning!  Anyways, I have done TONS of research and just CAN NOT wait to have a homebirth!  Bring Birth Home is a great blog/website that I frequent often.  Now if I could just get a sticky bean!

AFM - I am 9DPO, not much to report.  I have REALLY strong ovulation symptoms this month, so I am really hoping that with our good timing we will get a sticky bean this time, but I won't be POAS anytime soon!

thumbsup.gifgoodvibes.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#424 of 897 Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahLily79 View Post

Hi guys...still lurking, and I've read every post!! 

Bailey, I am so sorry for your early m/c.  I hope everyone gets their BFPs soon and can move on from this awful time!!  Trust me, I understand!!

GatorMom, I am anxiously awaiting your results!!

Bailey, I just wanted to comment on your homebirth/unassisted childbirth comment.  Please keep in mind that I was an OB RN at a hospital for many years, so this is where my opinion is stemming from!
I am 100% in favor of home births!!!  I think it would do our culture a world of good if all healthy women gave birth in their homes.  That being said there are a few considerations, and one being....how close are you to the nearest hospital.  I think the recommendation is withiin 30 mins travel time.  I think midwives are amazing and provide a whole different level of care that you just don't get with a tradional OB.  I live too far away from the nearest hospital so I ended up using a birthing center and had an absolutely wonderful expierence!

Now on to UB (unassisted births-and there is a forum on here dedicated to this you should definitely check out)...I think average women that decided to have a UB are very naive.  For lack of a better word I think it is extremely dangerous and foolish.  I think it "sounds" really good to some people who want the ultimate natural experience and I realize woman have been giving birth for thousands of years before there was any form of medical intervention, but keep in mind they have always had access to "shamans', medicine women and other woman who have seen labor and assisted in delivery. 

Just ask yourself some good questions before you consider having a UB. Postpartum hemorrahges are really quick and very scary.  You can bleed out an die in less then 5 minutes without intervention.  I have seen clots come out of people the size of basketballs (sorry...i know, gross!!!)  Also, shoulder dystocias....this is pretty much the scariest thing I've seen.  This is when the baby's shoulder gets stuck and you literally have 4 minutes to get that kid out or you both could die.  Other concerns are a little less scary, but you could develop gestational diabetes and not know it...then when your bay is born you would have no idea if their blood sugars were dropping and they wouldn't survive if they were.  Not to mention preeclampsia, HELPP syndrome, DIC, etc. 

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about it, but just really really think about the risks you could be putting yourself in and if it's really worth it.  Would your husband really know how to help you if anything happened? 

Good luck!!!  Please choose a midwife!!  :)

Good post! I am a big believer in the saying that there are the things you know, and things you don't know, but then there are the things that you don't know that you don't know. (If that makes sense) I'm still in the early stages of figuring all this out and looking things up. Luckily we are 10 miles from our hospital and I will be deciding very carefully when I do choose. I have been writing things down as I come across them like I will definitely have a hospital birth if I go into labor before 37 week or if something feels off, if I start to go into labor an start bleeding I will go in to the hospital, and I am going to make a 41 week appt with my OB ahead of time in case I need it. I found a good website (http://www.unhinderedliving.com/prenatal.html) I'm sure it is extremely bias on the 'research' but it has a list of a few good products to get on it.

As far as being the average woman, I am definitely not. I think I am a little more out-there or willing to risk more for some reason. For some reason I usually have a little more faith that if it is meant to be that it will be. With my first, who was stillborn at 38.5 weeks gestation, I had the best OB care and still see her for my regular medical care and she is also my daughter's doctor. They never could find any reason for her to be stillborn, their best guess is that she had laid on her cord, even though it was regular length. With DD I had a high risk OB only because of having a previous stillborn. Everything was fine with her but they just did a lot more monitoring to make sure. I am not sure why I have this urge to do this. It's not because I want to be as natural as possible and its not because we don't have insurance or money. Maybe I just have a whole lot more faith now? I'm not sure. I keep remembering something I have read recently: "If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give your life for me you will find it."

As far as my health goes, I am very healthy. I am 24, have no health problems, other than a weird bum knee. I have been active my whole life including currently. I am 6 ft. 138 lb. (hoping to gain 5 while TTCing) I have perfect 90/60 BP, 80 pulse, eat healthy, have kicked my caffeine habit for the most part, have taken up drinking herbal teas to support my health, and have a great arsenal of health care providers if I need it including a great chiropractor that has been helping me with my knee and is also an acupuncturist.

I have found a good midwife in the next town over and I have emailed her but haven't decided if I will use her. I have heard some good testimonials from people on MDC. I think I am still in the self-informing phase of this journey. Thanks again for the post. I am sure I will be referencing it and remembering it when making my decision in the future.

AFM: Last day of my period today.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#425 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 AM

Hi ladies,

After lots of internet research over the last couple days, I think I'm going to ask my dr. if I possibly have progesterone deficiency.  I don't have any other symptoms of it though except for my shorter-than-average luteal phase (10 or 11 days) and my recent miscarriage with the spotting associated with that (I don't think my first m/c before DS had anything to do with progesterone problems though because I had a longer LP and the m/c happened much earlier at 4.5 weeks).  I have a feeling that my dr. will say they can't test for that unless I have one or two more miscarriages because supposedly insurance doesn't cover any fertility tests until I think 3 miscarriages in a row.  I would be pretty darn ticked off if I have one or two more miscarriages all due to a progesterone deficiency that could have been fixed now, you know?  So if she says no they can't test right now for that, I think I might buy Dr. John Lee's Progesterone Saliva Test that can be purchased online.  If my progesterone level is low, do you think it would be safe for me to start taking natural progesterone cream without my doctor's approval?  What do you all think about this?  I think I might post this in the Infertility forum too since some of those ladies would have been through all this.

#426 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaforever View Post

Hi ladies,

After lots of internet research over the last couple days, I think I'm going to ask my dr. if I possibly have progesterone deficiency.  I don't have any other symptoms of it though except for my shorter-than-average luteal phase (10 or 11 days) and my recent miscarriage with the spotting associated with that (I don't think my first m/c before DS had anything to do with progesterone problems though because I had a longer LP and the m/c happened much earlier at 4.5 weeks).  I have a feeling that my dr. will say they can't test for that unless I have one or two more miscarriages because supposedly insurance doesn't cover any fertility tests until I think 3 miscarriages in a row.  I would be pretty darn ticked off if I have one or two more miscarriages all due to a progesterone deficiency that could have been fixed now, you know?  So if she says no they can't test right now for that, I think I might buy Dr. John Lee's Progesterone Saliva Test that can be purchased online.  If my progesterone level is low, do you think it would be safe for me to start taking natural progesterone cream without my doctor's approval?  What do you all think about this?  I think I might post this in the Infertility forum too since some of those ladies would have been through all this.

Have you tried Vitex? My LP is also on the short side of normal (11 days). I have a tendency to "Dr Google" and self-diagnose, so I thought about Progesterone cream, but decided to try Vitex first, as it's supposed to be a hormonal "regulator" rather than an actual hormone treatment. I can't say (yet) what it did for my LP, but I usually O on CD16-18, and my temp dropped yesterday and today (CD13) I got a +OPK, so it looks like it pushed my O date up by at least 2 days. Also, I'm not sure if it's anecdotal but I have noticed that I feel a lot less "hormonal" this cycle; more balanced, I guess. Might be worth a try, at least until you get some definitive answers from your Dr. 

#427 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Great conversations going on on here, love it!

AFM - 10 DPO, had a big temp drop today, so maybe implantation or maybe random fluctuation.  Trying not to get too wrapped up it in.  My normal LP is 14 days or so.

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#428 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Hey ladies.  I'm back from the middle of nowhere!  Unfortunately what I have to report is that AF showed on Thurs (11DPO which was a pretty big bummer, esp since it was a little short for my LP.  DH and I also had a big fight after a great dinner on Thurs, and things are still a little rocky..so with all that in tow, I'm going to take the mo off from paying attention.  I'm not going to prevent, but I'm not temping and I dont' even thing I'm going to do the supplements.  I just need to not think about it for awhile, and just try to get my relationship back on the awesome wagon.

I don't have time to do personals right now, but I'll come back and do that later!  Welcome to all the new ladies, and I hope you all had a great break!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#429 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM

Hi ladies! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving:) I'm currently 11 DPO and AF is due to arrive Wed. I started cramping yesterday so I'm kind of thinking that's AF showing her ugly face:( I have also broken out so bad! I usually, get one zit when AF is due to arrive, however I have like four and I feel like a teen again, lol.

#430 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Hi again, ladies!!

I just wanted to check in and see how you all were doing.

Ava's Mama, Mamaforever, and BaileyB - SO many big hugs your way. I am very sorry to hear of your losses. I know it is one of the roughest things to go through, and my heart goes out to you. greensad.gif

Mamaforever - I thought my problem with conceiving and then my miscarriage earlier this year might have also been a result of low progesterone. I started taking Vitex capsules (about 1000 mg/day), and within 2 months I got my BFP. I really do believe that it helped my cycles normalize. I remember feeling rather tired and I think my face broke out just a little for about 3 or 4 days when I first started taking it, but then I was fine. GL to you and I hope you get a sticky bean soon!

Ava's Mama - Hope this is your month! Fingers crossed!

Gator-mom- sorry about AF greensad.gif. Hope next month is your month!

FarrahLily - nice to see you on here, too! Hope your pregnancy is going along perfectly!

AFM, I'm doing pretty well. Though I've been having food aversions to EVERYTHING! Really tired, extremely sensitive nipples, and nauseated pretty frequently. But I'm happy to have made it this far. I have my first prenatal appt. at the birth center on the 6th. It can't come fast enough! I'm dying to actually see a healthy little bean when they do the ultrasound to check my EDD (since my periods were so crazy after the m/c. I will finally be able to rest easy (well, at least for the most part!) when I see for myself that he or she is really in there and doing well!

Lots of baby dust and best wishes to you all!!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#431 of 897 Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Ava's mama: 10 DPO...hmmmm...that is a significant date for implantation!

Mamaforever: Sorry I didn't respond to your response to my homebirth question. I didn't see it until after I wrote my long reply.

Gator-mom: I saw that your temp dropped down the next day and thought, "Oh crap!". I was hoping that spike was a good sign for you. Sorry about your fight. Those suck. BTDT, unfortunately.

Izzsmom: I hope those are pregnancy zits. I usually will get one zit for my period, always in the same spot. When I was pregnant I was a big grease ball!

We had a good, low key Thanksgiving. We decided to go for a road trip today to visit some friends who just had a baby and just finally got back now at 9.45. DD slept most of the way home and now is very energetic and playing with blocks and feeling her "That's not my mermaid" texture book. Who knows when we will be going to bed tonight!?

AFM: On CD6, not much to report. I feel like maybe my bladder infection didn't go away all the way but I am wondering if I just maybe have some irritation from my tampons. Can't tell but it is kind of annoying. Just slightly burn-y at my vaginal opening, if that makes sense. Sorry TMI.

#432 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Beachlove, so happy to hear things are going well!  Keep us posted on your first prenatal visit - I hope there is a HUGE heart beat from your bean to ease your mind!

AFM - Temp was back up to 98.8 this morning (11DPO).  I looked at previous charts and my temps typically stay high until 14 DPO, so we shall see.   url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#433 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

Hi there!  I just wanted to start a thread specific to those of us TTC #2 or higher!

I am 31 and DD is 2.5 years old.  I got my first PPAF at 22 months in December 2010.  We weren't not trying prior to that, but once I got PPAF we did start officially trying and tracking my cycle.  I got pregnant in April but had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) in June so we are back on the wagon again.  Right now I am on CD 9, so I expect to O in the next 4 or 5 days.

What's your story?

I too am on CD 9. We are TTC #5. Never thought I would be the one to have this many children but we both feel baby #5 will complete our already happy family. Plus we are really keeping our fingers crossed for just one more boy. Hopefully we will both be seeing those bfp's this cycle!

#434 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM

I hope it's a sign I'm pregnant and not AF approaching! I too usually get one in the same spot (left, lower cheek) when AF arrives. I have them all over my face and one in my ear (I know gross) also my sleep pattern has been so broken up! I'm waking up every few hours for no reason where usually I sleep straight threw. AF should be here Tues or Wed so we shall see!

#435 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 PM

I am another newbie. DH and I are both 43 and have been TTC #2 since Dec 2010. DS1 is 15 months and I'd like for him to have a sibling close in age to grow up with (DH has 2 older from a previous marriage). We were blessed in that I conceived DS within 2 months of when we started trying. I guess I hoped the second time around would be as easy, but at my age, I know it's not in my favor.

I just started my first round of Clomid. I actually don't really know how it works and when we should be trying. Anyone have advice and suggestions?

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#436 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM

Hey Ladies- It's been a while. Just lurking here and there but reading through as much as possible.

BaileyB- I did a HB with my daughter and never looked back. I dream of a second child just so I can go through something as empowering as that and share it with my daughter in hopes that she sees how amazing and strong her mommy can be! It's a great experience and I had a WONDERFUL Midwife and Doula that were just so calm and amazing- I wouldn't have had it any other way! DH wanted to have a hospital birth because it is free (military) but at 6 months I was determined and "won" the fight of where we would birth.

Ava'sMama- I am sending so many great baby vibes sticky beans your way you should practically be knocked over! LOL I wish nothing but the best for you!

Gator- Mom, Sorry to hear about the fight- man can things like that sometimes get ugly! I hope you all are right back on track of loving each other and maybe the Mo off will be more of a relief than anything else...Happy BDing!

mamaforever- I wondered if I have the same problem or not. My LP seems to be lingering at 10 days...not so great. And I had spotting from the time I got preggers until I officially was mcing...I had no idea about Vitex- but my midwives assistant told me about a gel you rub on yourself more commonly used for women going through menopause- however it is a Progesterone booster...too bad I went and bought it and mc the next day...sadness- I hope you find out if that is or is not the problem...

AFM: just plugging away, still charting (w/o temps) and hoping and wishing. DH relapsed the other day (he's a recovering Alcoholic for all who didn't know or are new) and that definitely made a rift between us but after WWIII we *I think* both felt better for getting a few things off our chests....so just another day in paradise :D Happy Holidays to all you mama's out there and HUGE Hugs and sticky bean vibes!

Farrah- If you see this- Didn't know you were a nurse (even though your sig has it in there) but that is what I want to do, midwifery- but I might go the CNM route instead of CPM...not sure yet....

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#437 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM

justclaire and Beachlove-  Thanks for the suggestion of Vitex.  I did try it between March and August of this year (my LP was only 7 or 8 days at that time) and my LP did not lengthen from it... I got impatient and switched to Vitamin B6 instead, which increased it to 10 or 11 days.  I know Vitex will work, but it can take up to a year.  But then I was so confused about what I'd do if I got a BFP while on Vitex... so many different opinions out there on if it's safe to take, or even if it's safe to STOP taking while pregnant.  So I went off of it.  BeachLove, glad to hear everything is going good for you!  Those lovely pregnancy symptoms are always a good sign!

Gator-mom-  So sorry about AF and the argument with DH.  Double-whammy.  greensad.gif  Will be thinking about you and hope that your NTNP cycle turns out to be just what you needed.

Ava'sMama-  I'm glad your temp went back up!  Come on sticky little bean!

IzzsMom-  I sure hope you're experiencing some pregnancy symptoms!  Keep us updated!

Bailey-  hmmmm don't know about the burny sensation.  Did it feel any better today?  I hope you were able to go to bed at a decent hour!  sleeping.gif

hoping4just1more-  awww that's exciting that you want to add baby #5 to your family!  Good luck!

MsDolphin-  Sorry you are having a longer time TTC #2.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Clomid does the trick!

gratefulstella-  So glad to "see" you again.  Hugs to you with all your are going through - so sorry about DH relapsing.  hug2.gif  That must be so difficult for everyone involved.  Please keep us updated on how you're (and your DH) are doing!  Thank you for sharing about the rub-on gel... I'm guessing it was the natural progesterone cream?  That's what I'm doing lots of research on (online).  From what I've read, even if I didn't need it, it wouldn't cause any harm.  But I'm definitely worried about interfering with my hormones if I don't need to.  So I'm trying to decide to make an appt. with my dr. to discuss getting my hormone levels tested, or purchase my own hormone test on Dr. John Lee's website.  I just think that going to my dr. will be useless because they will likely want to wait until I have one or two more miscarriages (ugh- I can't even imagine this!).  I'm still undecided.

AFM-  It has been 14 days since my m/c began, and I think I may be getting ready to O.  I plan to not get pg this month so that I can figure out what I'm doing with this whole low progesterone theory.  And my dr. wanted me to wait one cycle anyway.  I am not purposely preventing it from happening this cycle though- I figured if it happens, it was meant to be, but I'm not going out of my way to schedule BDing, etc.  I hope to see some BFPs from some of you soon!

#438 of 897 Old 11-28-2011, 07:43 PM

I got a new Rx for my bladder infection. I am suspecting that it didn't go all the way away with the Cipro so now I'm taking Amoxicillin and I did also try the Hibiclens protocol and I think that has helped too. You mix up a solution of Hibiclens and water and spray down there and it is suppose to help kill bacterial colonizations.The burning almost felt like the bladder infection was going away but then stopped right at the opening and then stayed there.

I can understand the not wanting to schedule DTD. Ever since the time change I have been so tired and hungry all the time and so not in the mood, except of course when I had my period and we were talking about TTCing. Then I wanted to have sex, haha.

#439 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the sticky bean shout outs!

I am on 12 DPO, my temp went back down today, so I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.  I am super light heaed today with a massive headache, but so is DH, so I don't know what is going on.  I went to my homeopath yesterday and she gave me a homepathic remedy of progesterone.  I haven't started it yet because she gave me a different remedy for my cold, amazing how quickly it killed off my cold!

#440 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 AM

DD was up with a cold last night. She had to sleep in her bouncy seat next to the humidifier.

#441 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Hi ladies! So, AF is due tomorrow, I have tons of zits, boobs are feeling heavier, weird dreams and not sleeping good throughout the night. I said I wasn't going to test until I was late butttt I'm a POAS addict and tested this afternoon. It was around 3:45pm and I had just peed so I had to squeeze some out! LOL. Here is the pic and it's a................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's light but it's the start of something!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/terpgrl/IMG_0945.jpg

#442 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM

Congrats IzzsMom!! joy.gif

#443 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Congrats, IzzsMom!!!!!  Sending lots of sticky sticky sticky vibes to your little bean!!!

Ava'sMom-  what is the homeopathic remedy of progesterone she gave to you?  I'm still researching online like crazy on progesterone supplementation.  Yesterday I ordered some natural progesterone cream and am going to give it a try.  From what I've read, it doesn't cause any harm even if there is no progesterone deficiency.  But still a bit nervous about it all - I may still make an appt. to ask for my levels to be checked.  Hope you get over your cold soon!

Bailey-  I hope your DD gets over her cold and that your bladder infection goes away for good this time!

#444 of 897 Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM

OMG..I finally went back and read through what i missed, and then had a whole post written up and then accidentally re-directed myself form this page!

Ok..so I wanted to say that I really like the discussion on UB and Home births.  I am too chicken for an UB for all the reasons FarrahLily mentioned and I hate my low income scuz apt I'm living in right now to get DH and I through school, so I wouldn't want to do a home birth here.  Maybe after I graduate and have a nicer place, that might sound more appealing.

MsDolphin: Welcome!  I'm super impressed with you getting pg so quickly!  My SIL got pg pretty easily at 40 and I have a friend who got pg on her first try at artificial insemination at age 41.  It's funny that I know 3 rarities in the world now! 

hoping4just1more:  welcome!  I hope you get your next baby soon!

Bailey:  Sorry about the bladder infection and your DD being sick! 

Gratefulstella:  It's nice to see you around here again!  Sorry to hear about your DH's relapse.  Just curious, but how do those affect you and how do you handle them?

mamaforever: I hope you get some answers about your hormones soon.  I have often wondered if I am also low.  I have pretty frequently had a shortish LP at around 11 or 12 days.  Not terrible, but not great either.  I also had preterm contractions with DH and I was on bedrest and terbutaline and the whole gamut.  I never dilated until I delivered at 36 weeks, but I have often wondered if low progesterone gave me my hyperactive uterus.  When I do get pg next time, that is going to be one of my first requests to have that tested.

Ava's Mama:  I hope your temp drop is a fluke and you are still in the game!

AFM:  I'm still trying to sort things out with DH.  It kind of sucks because this was an ugly fight and when it happened we were staying with like 12 other family members, so no privacy.  We are finally back home and took my mom to the airport yesterday but we are on opposite scheduleds until Friday, so we have only been able to chip away at the hurt feelings and resolution.  I have good feelings that this will help us grow and communicate about much needed topics.   I am not temping this mo and not even paying that much attention to my cycle so far.  I think I'll just DTD when we feel like it this time.

#445 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Congrat Izz's Mom!

AFM - 13 DPO and temp went back up today.  The homeopathic progesterone is a very low dose progesterone and she said she would likely treat me with it even if I wasn't TTC.  When I do get pregnant I think she will increase the dosage amount.  She is still trying to figure out what my homeopathic constitution is, so we will see.  I am doing fine with avoiding POAS, but I am totally overanalyzing my chart!  Luckly I have another friend in real life that is also TTC so we are having fun supporting each other and analyzing each other's charts!

#446 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 AM

Gator-Mom- Oye, I didn't handle it well at all. It was the first one he had and it has turned into a disaster! (Yes Still!!) He came home and said he had drank and in the same breath said, "Do you want me to leave" to which I responded "Probably" (Not the *Smartest* decision on my part to send a recovering alcoholic that needed me anywhere but in my presence). In my defense this is the first one we have gone through but boy did I royally screw it up. Now he is saying that he isn't sure he wants to continue on the "No drinking" thing because it "didn't work". I am trying to politely and supportively ease him into the idea of continueing on with AA but who know. However, what I do know is that I will NOT live the next 8 years the way I have the past 8 years. I don't do well with conflict so I am REALLY nervous to say anything to him but if he continues drinking we will have to split. I refuse to keep my daughter as well as myself in such a toxic environment...that said- it's so much easier for me to say than actually do...Wo I will try and keep you all posted (only if you want, I wouldn't want to drag anyone else into this unless they really asked :D- Sorry Gator-Mom) But I am really hoping and praying that he continues with AA and gets back on "board"...

PS ava'smama- FX for you, what a joke the whole temp thing is- I don't mean that in a bad way I just mean it's like a cruel joke that your temp is playing...and I don't like it, but I have high hopes for you mama- STICKY BEAN VIBES!!!

PSS- just for anyone wondering, my best friend back home is also a recovering alcoholic and reassured me that relapse is a natural part of the process and WILL happen...I was unaware of this and apparently thought when you quite, you quite...shows my true niavity (<SP) Sorry this post was so long...

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#447 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 AM

Hugs gratefulstella!  Yes, please keep us posted on all that is going on.  hug2.gif

gratefulstella likes this.

#448 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 AM

AFM-  I ordered Dr. John Lee's saliva progesterone test.  It was only $35 ($45 after shipping) so I figured it would be waaaaay cheaper than getting the day 21 blood test and it would at least give me an idea of where my progesterone level is.  If it seems low, I will schedule an appt. with my dr.  I also ordered some natural progesterone cream to have on hand.  I haven't decided to use it or not yet - but it sure seems like with where I've looked online, it is something definitely worth a try and sounds harmless even if I don't have a progesterone deficiency.

#449 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 AM

Oh man, Gratefulstella.  That is heavy stuff.  Such hard decisions and delicate balance!  I totally understand your response.  I think it would be really hard to not be angry in a situation like that.  It seems like such a hard situation to be in..to be able to sort of hide your true emotions and hurt and be supportive, even though you feel so let down.  ((Hugs)) mama, and do please keep us posted! 

Ava's Mama  You have me wondering if I should see a homeopath.  Are you paying out of pocket?  I know I would have to if I did and I also have no idea how you go about finding a good homeopath who's legit.

AFM:  I think DH and I have finally sorted out our feelings over the last fight.  We do really well for long periods of time and then every once in awhile we have these pits and then we have to re-evaluate and come up with a new plan to go back to loving each other.  How come no one ever told me it takes so much work to make a relationship work when I was younger!  lol. CD7 now and still not temping.  I'll probably just aim to get a few DTD's in during my crucial window and leave it up to the fates this mo.

#450 of 897 Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 AM

Thank you ladies for the congrats! I really hope this is a sticky bean and I have a happy and healthy 9 months. I'm so nervous because of my previous MC. We found out at 8 weeks we were pregnant with triplets but only two remained (vanishing twin) and then I lost those two a couple of weeks later. I go tomorrow for bloodwork to confirm and test my levels.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page