Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 897 Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I almost forgot to post this. Baby's first snow angel. 10 months old.

snow angels.jpg

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#482 of 897 Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bailey:  I think I usually O between day 16 and 18..but I was having trouble with temping for a few months, so I dont' have a lot of conclusive evidence.  One of my friends said her OB told her to just DTD every other day between CD10 and CD18 and you are likely to hit all the bases.  So I have been trying to just do that. It's easier than trying to pin down an exact O date.  DH has a fairly high libido, so I don't usually need to worry about getting him in the mood..esp if we space it out to every other day instead of every day.  I have no idea what to say about your CP..I know very little about that.  I guess at least it looks like you've O'd at this point by how it is today?  Also very cute snow angel!  We haven't even gotten enough snow to make snowballs yet here!  This is a very warm winter for us so far.

Gratefulstella:  Glad to hear things are improving and back on the train to success with you and your DH! 

Justclaire:  I think everything looks fine.  I would just see what happens over the next few days.  It at least looks like your temps are staying nice and high though!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#483 of 897 Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

Hey welcome back JessicaRenee!  Have you just been officially trying since Sept?  If that is all, I would say, just give it more time and TRY to be patient as much as possible!  Are  you using the Fertility Friend website to chart?  I can't do my own charting...I get lost, but FF will find the pattern if there is one.  I think it's just fertilityfriend.com.  Also, like Bailey said, Red Rasperry Tea is helpful and safe for just about anyone.  There are other things on the market like B6 and Vitex, but you might want to figure out if you are having a normal cycle or not first.

Since September 2010, so for 15 months now. I did use fertilityfriend.com but my temperatures are so crazy so one day it would say I ovulated on Cycle Day X, then after a few more days of entering temperatures, it would switch and say I ovulated on Day Y instead. So it was very hard to pinpoint and I gave up.
I just started making infusions of red raspberry and nettle to add to my smoothies... Eating lots of good food, all the stuff all the fertility sites say to do to conceive. I will check out the B6 and Vitex!
I've been taking ovulation tests so I now know when I'm ovulating (cycle day 17) and we try to time sex around that (for example, on days 14, 16, and 17).

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#484 of 897 Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Hi everyone!

justclaire-  Your chart looks GOOD!  I wish my temps were as consistent as yours.  Looks like your BDing was awesome and I'm sending sticky implantation vibes your way!

Ava'sMama-  I hope this is your month!  Almost time to start the BD marathon. :)

gratefulstella-  I'm soooooooo glad to hear that things are going better with DH.  I'm keep you and your family in my prayers and I hope DH is able to get the strength back and never experience a relapse again.  I agree with others that you are a strong woman and I admire you.

Bailey-  Do you usually spot with O?  How long does it last?  Sorry can't help you with the CP changes.... I've always felt weirded out by feeling around "up there" so I decided to just stick with temping and CM observations!  Your DD's snow angel is so cute!

JessicaRenee-  Hi!  wave.gif I would definitely stick with the OPKs if you're not temping.  A positive OPK means you will O 24 and 48 hrs later.  So make sure that you're DTD the day of the + OPK and also the two days after getting the +.  Sorry that it's taking longer for a BFP this time around.

Gator-mom-  Keep up the BDing!  I hope this not temping month works for you!

FarrahLily-  So today's the big day!!!  I am anxious to hear how your appt goes.  Please let us know when you get a chance!

AFM-  I'm really confused about my O day, and actually I guess it doesn't matter because we weren't trying.... but I WAS going to do the saliva progesterone test today because I thought I was 7 dpo.  Now I'm going to wait until next cycle because I'm not sure what cycle day I'm on.  Take a look at my chart....  I played around with FF and if I have one more high temp, then FF will change my O day to CD 21.  If this was a normal cycle, I would know that is not correct because I've never O'd any later than CD 16.  But I guess the m/c could have delayed my O day?????  The most of my fertile CM though was on CD 16 & 17, and I only had a little bit on CD 21 (and it's common for me to have a little EWCM during the LP).

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#485 of 897 Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM

JessicaRenee-  I meant to say you will O sometime between 24 and 48 hours later after getting a +!  The site wasn't allowing me to edit my post a second time. smile.gif

#486 of 897 Old 12-07-2011, 08:42 AM

I never had O spotting until after having DD. I had it more frequently when my cycles first came back PP but not for a cycle or 2. It usually lasts 2 or maybe 3 days. It was 4 days this time. I thought my major backache went along with my spotting but I just remembered the other day that it was probably due to me filling in for MIL's farm chores since she just had foot surgery. Lots of carrying 5 gallon buckets. Der!...shoudl've realized that earlier.

I'm on CD17. No spotting. Nothing else to report.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#487 of 897 Old 12-08-2011, 02:39 PM

mamaforever:  That is a little confusing.  It does look like you could have O'd on CD16.

Bailey:  Yea, I would say carrying 5 gallon buckets could be a contributor to your pack ache!!  Hey since you know a lot about cervix position, do I have it right that at post O, your cervix should be high and hard and CM should be more white and creamy?

JessicaRenee:  I hope you get some clarity with your cycles soon!  If it's any consolation, I am constantly confused by my cycles..which is why I didn't temp this month..I'm sick of stressing about it. 

AFM:  CD15 day.  So far so good on the every other day thing.  DH says he'd probably be up for both tonight and tomorrow too..which would be more than every other day for a few.  I kept feeling like I was ovulating for the past two days, but my cervix is still pretty soft.  CM is more watery that EW but it doesn't exactly look post ovulatory yet either. 

Is anyone sitting here fantasizing about being able to announce a BFP over X-mas?  I am trying not to..but I cant stop!!

#488 of 897 Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Gatormom: After O your cervix should go back to low, hard, closed but it might take a day to go low. I have heard anecdotally that if it stays high and hard and doesn't go back to low as you get closer to your period then you might be pregnant. I have been actually googling high, hard cervix because that's where mine is. It was high, soft, open, for 1 day when I ovulated, then stayed high or medium and kinda soft for 1 day, then went to low hard closed, but now is high hard closed.

I'm not fantasizing about telling BFP news but I am craving being in labor and giving birth?!? I know, strange.

#489 of 897 Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Ok, not to jump to any conclusions but my boobs freaking hurt! I wanna say this would be too early for AF but like I said I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Hmmmmm. And also, lastnite I had a dream about flying bat-cats. Yes bat-cats. And they were trying to attack my head. I'm not going to use the 'P' word yet though........

#490 of 897 Old 12-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Bailey:  LOL @ bat-cats!  Thanks for explaining how my cervix is suppose to behave!  I should clarify.  My cervix was high and soft the other day but today and last night it was low and soft.  I'm getting remnants of EWCM..but I'm not sure if it's just residual sperm or not.  But it sounds like the definite sign of post ovulation is a hard cervix?

#491 of 897 Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Fingers crossed for you Bailey!  Love the bat cat dream :) 

AFM - CD7, so just hanging out waiting to O, or at least waiting for fertile window to get here!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#492 of 897 Old 12-09-2011, 09:19 AM

Bailey: Where are you in your cycle?  Just curious as to how close I am to getting excited for prospects for you!

Ava's Mama:  I hope the next few days fly so you can get down to business!

AFM:  CD16 now.  I suspect that I have O'd, even though it would be earlier than usual.  But since i've been paying closer attention to my cervix and CM it seems to be saying that I'm about out of my window.  My cervix is still low and definitely feels more closed today than it did the last two days. DH and I tried to DTD last night, but neither of us was really "into" it, so we just gave up..lol and agreed to try again tonight.  I am having a lot of mixed feelings about this cycle.  On one hand, I just really want to be pg as soon as possible, but on the other hand, if I were to get pg this mo, then my due date would land right smack at the same time as my BFF's wedding in Seattle next September.  I am suppose to be in her line and I would feel horribly guilty and I know she'd be very disappointed if I couldn't travel out there next year.  I thought about abstaining this month just to ensure it, but in the end, I decided that I don't want another month to go by that I don't give it a decent effort.  I also realized that with my track record, my chances of this being the BFP month were slim..so as I am about into the 2WW, I am starting to have a lot of mixed feelings about which team to route for! lol.

#493 of 897 Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm on CD18. Still sore boobs today but no more cat-bats. lol. I was kind of wondering if I should wait this month too because my ms tends to start at 8 weeks and I don't want to be throwing up at DD's birthday but oh, well if I do.

#494 of 897 Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 PM

Just saying hello ladies and sending lots of dust.gifCan't wait to see more of you on the grad threads.

AFM- I will hit 12 weeks on Tues!  Just getting over extreme exhaustion, ironically, right as the semester ends and I need less of it.

We told DD tonight; we wanted to wait to not test 5 year old patience too much, but it is getting obvious and we have to start telling family.  I didn't want her to be out of the loop.  She has been wanting this awhile.  Glad to not be keeping it from her any more.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#495 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Hi CAcountrygirl. 12 weeks! I love the 2nd trimester. Are you feeling movement yet?

AFM: CD20, 7DPO. I started having "cramps" yesterday. They don't feel like regular cramps and are more like achey-ness low in the pelvis region mostly on the sides and really low in my back, like almost top of my tailbone. Also, bloated and still sore boobs. Cervical position is high and soft with just a little bit of watery mucus but only shows up on my finger after I check CP. I was really thinking that I would get implantation bleeding sometime during this weekend since I had it with DD but just a little achey-crampy so far. I also have a new dream to report, Seth Rogan was trying to talk me into leaving my husband for him. haha. I think I thought about it but said no. When I was pregnant with DD it was always pro athletes trying to get me to leave my husband for them, I guess I have down graded......orngtongue.gif

#496 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Alright, I'm a little angry with my body right now and ready to join the conversation! I kept thinking to myself that I'd just join a TTC thread only to get a BFP and that wouldn't be very nice (given how long and hard so many of you lovely ladies have been trying)... but after three months of great timing and no luck, I'm guessing it's not really a likely scenario! I've been lurking and keeping up with a couple of the threads for the last couple months - CACG, I appreciate your update and a big congrats to you! I don't know how to add my ff chart (very un-computer savvy, I know) but I'd be happy to share it if someone can tell me how.

AMF I started spotting today, which makes it two cycles in a row where spotting started on 10dpo. My mother struggled with a LPD, she tried to conceive for 10 years and only go me. I started vitex this cycle but I guess it hasn't made a dent yet. It's so strange, my daughter was conceived the first month we tried (I was NOT expecting that! huh.gif) I am looking forward to learning more from you ladies and learning more about what I might to to lengthen my LP. And, I sure hope we all get our BFPs before the new year. Or, before the new year next year... or however you're defining "soon" these days  winky.gif goodvibes.gif

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#497 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 02:00 PM

CA Country Girl-  Thanks for checking in on us and glad to hear you're into the 2nd trimester now and doing good!  How exciting to tell your DD - I bet she's so excited to soon be a big sister!

Bailey-  7 dpo seems early for implantation spotting... did you have it that early with your other pregnancies?  With all 3 pregnancies I've had, I've had implantation spotting on exactly 11 dpo - so I definitely know what day to be looking for it!  Sounds like you're having some promising signs!

jpack-  Sorry that it's taking longer than you thought TTC #2.  When I went off birth control pills in January, my LP was only 8 days (sometimes only 7).  I went on Vitex and was on it for 6 months but it STILL did not help lengthen my LP.  So then I went off of Vitex and started taking 100 mg of Vitamin B6.  My LP increased to 10 days the first month on it and it was 11 days the following month!  So I definitely found what works for me... but I've also heard the Vitex takes a long time to see results (like 6 months to 1 year) but I got way too impatient.  Then later I read that birth control pills can cause a deficiency in Vitamin B6 (which is probably why it's working for me).  Yes, please share your chart!  When you're logged in fertility friend, then at the top you'll see "Sharing".  Click on "Setup" which is under the Sharing.  Then you'll see where it says "Your Charting Home Page Web Address."  Copy that address and paste it in a post and that will make the link. smile.gif

Gator-mom- I'm glad you're not skipping this month because of your friend's wedding.  I can understand the dilemma though!  It would bug me to skip a month for that reason because I'd think, "What if this was the month I was supposed to get pregnant?" !!!

#498 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Thanks so much, Mamaforever! I will totally try the Bs, although I was taking one regularly when we first started TTC#2 but it was before I was charting so I never knew if it made a difference. I look forward to being able to see if there's an impact. Thanks for your explanation of posting my chart because I would not have figured that one out! Here it is, I hope: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/38671c

BaileyB haha, Seth Rogan! Your dreams are great! Sometimes I wonder if the waking -- and trying to stay awake long enough -- to temp makes me remember my dreams more vividly. I've been remembering my whacked-out dreams more, not that they are particularly symptom-type dreams, I just get a kick out of remembering them. But I never get any famous people! What am I doing wrong?!

Gator-Mom I missed a close friend's wedding with my dd's birth. It never occurred to me when we TTC her, because, as I said I wasn't really expecting it to work, but when we realized I was a little bummed. Luckily, we got to spend some time together after my dd was born (we lived 2k miles apart, but traveled with the baby) and got the blow-by-blow. I know it's not the experience of the wedding, but at least if that's your reason for missing then there's always an opportunity to get some QT in with her when all's said and done! thumb.gif

#499 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Jpack, I'm am not much help in the LP but wanted to send you dust.gif

Mamaforever, I have only had implantation bleeding with my second pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I found out I was pregnant a few days before my period was due and with my second pregnancy I had implantation spotting for 12 days starting a week before my period was due. I have always heard around 5-10 days was when implantation was but I could be wrong. I don't think I have ever officially looked it up. I almost wish I had spotting instead of achey-ness. The achey-ness makes me more uneasy. The spotting would make me feel a little more confident. I told DH that maybe it was just the baby burrowing its little face into me. haha. He was like, 'You mean like all 4 of its cells...'

Maybe one of the cells will be its face!

#500 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Hello again

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.  Feeling great now that I have less work, more time with my DD, and more energy.  

I will be turning 36 on Friday and get to spend it taking DD's class to the aquarium.  

Bailey B- I think I have just started to feel a bit of movement in the last couple of evenings when I am lying down.  Haven't been completely confident that I have not been imagining it, but getting more convinced each night it happens.

Hugs and Happy Holidays to all.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#501 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 PM

jpack-  Your charts look so similar to mine.... and yeah, the B6 helped me so much!  I hope it does the same for you!  You may want to start out with 50 mg a day and see if that makes a difference.  100 mg seems to be the upper end dose and you have to be careful about taking too much of it.  Also, you're taking a prenatal, right?  You're supposed to take the B6 with other B vitamins and you would have those in your prenatal, but usually the B6 dose is too small to do anything (my prenatal only has 2.5 mg).

Bailey-  Yeah, I've read that implantation usually happens between 7 - 10 dpo (and 80% of them are between 8 - 10 dpo).  I just figured maybe it took a day or two for the spotting to work its way down to show up on the toilet paper at 11 dpo for me.  ???  Just something I thought.  I hope you get good news soon!

CACountryGirl-  Happy early birthday and Happy Holidays to you too!

#502 of 897 Old 12-11-2011, 09:08 PM

CA Country Girl:  Thanks for dropping in to say hi!  Congrats on making it to 12 weeks!  I can't imagine keeping that kind of info form my DS..so I admire you for holding out with your DD!  I would like to think that I would not tell him..but honestly, between DH's and my impatience, it's not likely to happen! 

jpack I was going to basically say the same thing about the Vitex..that it can take awhile to work.  I've had some really confusing cycles...which makes me think my hormones are just off so I've been taking both Vitex and a B-100 complex to try to sort that all out.  I'm not temping this mo, so I don't even know if I'm making progress, but if I don't get a BFP this cycle then I'll get back to keeping track of things next cycle. 

Thanks for the encouragement about not avoiding this mo.  I was basically feeling the same as you said, mamaforever...the whole what-ifs!  The good news about it is that the lingering guilt about not avoiding is making me feel less anxious about the 2ww this cycle.  That and thinking about my last semester in school which starts in January..which I am dreading and thinking about how much harder it's going to be if I am in fact preggo!  Either way..I'm not going to avoid again until I get a BFP.  That's just pretty much what I decided.

#503 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Cali Country - So happy to hear things are progressing well with your pregnancy!

AFM - CD11, just waiting to O.  My chart seems much more normal this month, much less jagged, I am not sure if that is a good sign.  I have a couple free VIP days which is fun.  Our goal is to DTD every day through O, hopefully we don't get tired of it!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#504 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Ava's Mama

I think that an even chart is definitely supposed to be a good sign.

My acupuncturist's goal was to get me a smoother chart- one where the temp dropped sharply at CD1 and stayed down fairly evenly, then rose sharply at ovulation (without stair-stepping) and stayed pretty even.  Mine slowly got better and the chart the month of my BFP looked much more like this.

#505 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks CA Country - that does make me feel better, perhaps the homeopathic progesterone is helping already!

#506 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM

My crampy acheyness has gone away now. Bloated with sore boobs. Not much else to report since I haven't checked my cervix today.

I know we have all said in different posts which cycle day we are on but I thought it would be interesting to put everybody's cycle days all together to compare. Why don't we all put down what cycle day we are going to be on tomorrow 12/13:

BaileyB CD22 11DPO

#507 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM

Gator: CD 20 5ish? DPO

#508 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM

Ava's Mom every day til O is tough, man! I was struggling to keep "smiling" by the end this cycle, and it was tougher on dh than he expected (though he tried hard no to show it winky.gif) Good luck to you and may you find all kinds of ways to spice it up!

BaileyB tomorrow will be either CD 28/ 12DPO or CD 1. Probably CD 1...

#509 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

CD12 tomorrow :)

Any ideas on how to spice it up...we are so boring, married 6 years, together for 11!  We were just babies back then and could DTD 3 times in one night and not have a second thought about it!!

#510 of 897 Old 12-12-2011, 06:02 PM

8 dpo tomorrow.... really anxious for my new cycle to start so we can start TTC again after the m/c!  I took the saliva progesterone test today and got it sent out in the mail to the lab.  We'll see how my progesterone levels are.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page