Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 897 Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpack View Post

JessicaRenee, I'm just kinda curious, what's in the female reproductive formula? Also, our LOs are similar age! I love the name Jude!

Thank you! smile.gif The female reproductive formula is from Dr. Christopher. From their website: "The female corrective formula consists of three parts of golden seal root, and one part of each of the following: blessed thistle, cayenne, cramp bark, false unicorn root, ginger, red raspberry leaves, squaw vine, uva ursi". My midwife recommended to try that and then i read in "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year" that red clover is another goodun' for fertility.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#542 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

Temp is still really low today, I have no idea what is going on with my cycle.  The only thing I can think of is that the homeopathic progesterone is making me O later, but I wouldn't think such a low level of progesterone would affect me this much!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#543 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM

Ava's Mama:  How frustrating!!  I would actually expect the progesterone cream to make you O earlier rather than later!  What CD are you on now?  Could you call your homeopath and ask her what the heck? 

JessicaRenee:  That sounds like a nice little formula..I should probably check that out! 

AFM:  Nothing really going on here.  That little blip of nausea seems to have disappeared.  I swear psycho-somatic symptoms can be so convincing!!!  I really don't have a lot of hope for this cycle..which means I don't have a lot of hope for the next several.  There may be a chance we could get one more try in early Jan.  If I get AF by the end of this week, I should O around Jan 6-8th, which will be right when the crazy schedule starts.  I'll probably go for that and then try to just leave it up to the stars after that..or at least until graduation!  I think I'll temp this last time just to see if I'm Oing when I think I am according to my cervical position and CM. 

My goal over the next two weeks is to RELAX!  I have been sitting here stressing over next semesters schedule and I know that is not helping me!  So after I get my next couple last little gifts made for xmas, I'm going to make myself find an awesome book to read and then go get some nice relaxing essential oils and teas to pamper myself a little and try to detox all this stress build up!!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#544 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Ava'sMama-  I know that with natural progesterone cream and other progesterone supplements (although I have no idea about the homeopathic progesterone), that you're only supposed to take it after O because otherwise it can prevent you from Oing.  Maybe this is the same case for the homeopathic that you're taking?  I hope you get some answers soon!

Gator-mom-  I have not given up on you yet.  You are still very early for testing, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that you'll get a BFP in a few days or so!

jpack-  That makes sense.  I hope you get a longer LP and a nice BFP at the end of that LP too. :)

jessicarenee- Hmm I think I'll have to check out that formula too. :)

Bailey-  Are you still checking this?  Just wondering how you're doing.... I hope you're feeling good and the little bean is doing good!

AFM-  Nothing exciting... just at CD 6.  I've had a little hesitation with TTC this cycle because DH has been taking Flexiril (a muscle relaxer) prescription for back pain.  With online research it doesn't look like it affects sperm at all, but it still makes me nervous.  I have also broken out in eczema on my body which is really weird because I've never had eczema this bad before.  DH and my mom want me to go see the dr. but I know I will be put on a prescription cream, and I'd rather try to treat it with natural treatments first.  It also makes me wonder if it's caused from an allergy.  I started using tea tree oil on my face about the same time when the eczema started flaring up (the eczema is mostly on my feet but there is a little under my eyes) , so I have stopped using that.  I am applying coconut oil several times a day to try and get rid of it!  Do any of you have experience with this or knowledge on how to naturally treat it?

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#545 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

OK, I am going to call my homeopath this afternnoon.  I haven't taken any of the progestrone remedy since last Thursday and I am going to hold off until I do O...I hope I do!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#546 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just talked to my homeopath and she siad that homeopathically progesterone should not delay or prevent ovulation.  Sh is having me take a low dose the next three days.  I guess I am going to just go with it since my cycle is already messed up this month anyways!  She asked if I thought I could be pregnant but my temps are so low that I can't imagine that is the case??

#547 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Hm...interesting thoughts Ava's Mama.  I guess you could always do a cheapy test from the dollar store just to rule out pg?  I hope she can help you sort out your cycle soon!

mamaforever:  I have heard that fish oil is suppose to help with eczema.  Also, my ex had it really bad on his hands to where it would bleed and he started taking an oral plant sterol (which was actually for his asthma) and between those two things, it seemed to clear it up.  He also stopped using soap based cleansers..so he would just use Oil of Olay soap free cleanser. It seems like that can be really hard to treat!  Kind of like me and my adult acne!  I want to go and find the dermatologist that told me I'd grow out of it in adulthood and yell at him and say "Does it LOOK like I grew out of it?!"  lol.

#548 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

mamaforever - I have also heard that eczema can be primarily allergy based - so it could be detergent, soap, lotions or something you are eating.  So it is tough unless you do some sort of elimination diet or try to switch to all natural cleaning and body products.  Coconut oil is great.  I have alos had a lot of luck with shea butter. 

#549 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Reproductive-Formula-Nu-Fem/dp/B0013JKCIC Here's the formula. It's half as much on Amazon as it is at the health food stores.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#550 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM

New here,  Hello everyone. I guess I should do some kind of intro.

I am a homeschool mom to 4  married to my best friend  for 15 yrs but have not always liked him lol  YR 12 look out , Make date nights a ritual in yr 11 .lol I love to read, and live in the country.

We had a mc in Oct. it was not planned but now we really do want a baby and are trying. We have been charting  I think we timed everything right this month. We have had trouble in the past but did my tussin and charted then baby. :)   My period is due on the 28th and I am so dying to test now already I am so weird. lol  To think I really thought we were done once. 

On the eczema posts,  my daughter has a sort of rare form that is basically an auto immune form. When anyone has eczema they have an increased risk for catching other skin illnesses so it is very important to keep the skin most. Vasaline and coconut oil are really the best we have been prescribed.  The steroids do have long term side effects so the goal is to heal and avoid use as you all know.  Allergy can be the main trigger but there are other factors as well. Finding an expert dermatologist in cases that are not clearing is the best idea. It took us till my daughter was almost 5 to get her diog- .   But now we have a really great handle on things and a ritual of creams and things to keep the skin moist to avoid scripts as much as we can.     PLease feel free to ask me any questions I might not be able to help much but I will try.   I have rosacea and the cocnut oil works for me with that as well. Best of luck to everyone with their goals.

#551 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 06:01 PM

Welcome aboard ohmother!

#552 of 897 Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the input.... I am keeping up with the coconut oil.  DS had a mild case of eczema as a baby, and his cure was California Baby's calendula cream.  I've been using that under my eyes because the day I put coconut oil there, my eyes were watering all day!  I am putting coconut oil everywhere else.  I am mad at myself because this is probably mostly due to the cold dry weather and me never putting any moisturizer on.  But I also think it could be allergy related.  It flared up in one area last September when I thought it was a walnut allergy.  This time it could be caused from using the tea tree oil.  I was trying out the tea tree oil for acne ( I have that lovely adult acne too, gator-mom :(  but by the way, I found out not to use it during pregnancy which I didn't know).

Hi, ohmother!  I hope you have a nice and short TTC journey!

#553 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

I finally got a temp spike this morning!!!!  Lets hope that temp stays up!  Welcome OhMother!

#554 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 05:06 AM

Hope you got your egg Ava's Mama

Me (31) Hubby (31)

ecbaby2.gif L.J. 9/12/09   babyboy.gif C.A. 12/13/10

Hoping for stork-girl.gif  in 2012

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/360778/ 

#555 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 AM

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

If you can track a cause and effect so clearly I would guess your right about the allergy cause.  With my rosacea everything causes it to flare up. I stick to a few things and very rarely try anything new. Summer is my worst skin time.  I am a red blotchy pimple mess.  Sad because I love the heat and hate the cold. lol 

I use bare minerals matt foundation as it has less ingredients

wen shampoo

coconut oil to moist and was my face. SO for washing I rinse off right away obviously :)

vasaline

I sure hope we get pregers this month too.  Thanks for the good luck wishes.  I can not wait till I can test?

#556 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 AM

mamaforever:  You're not suppose to use tea tree oil during pregnancy?!  I don't put the straight oil on my skin, but I do use a tea tree face wash.  Do you know why it's bad?  I just so don't want to let go of my face wash that I LOVE!!

Ava's Mama:  Yay!! Finally!  What does that make your O day on?  Were you able to keep up the DTDing though all that?

AFM:  CD27 today.  If I O'd on CD 14 or 15 like I think I did, that means I am 12 or 13DPO.  My cervix is still high soft and closed so far (has been for a few days).  I've had some mild cramping a few times over the past two days and thought AF was coming, but nothing yet.  I don't really feel preggo, but I'll just go ahead and wait till I'm really late before I test again.  I'm scared to test now after that BFN a few days ago!

#557 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] I am not sure...would you say CD18 (yesterday??)  We did pretty good with DTD, almost every other day although it was tough to keep DH on board!

Gator - I hope your AF stays away!!

#558 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Yea, CD18 looks pretty promising Ava's Mama!

#559 of 897 Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 PM

AF came today..which means it's slightly on the early side.  Boo.  Also I have a headache and a sore throat now, so I have a suspicion I'm getting sick now too!  Remember that stress I was talking about?  This is the direct result of that!  lol.

#560 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 05:17 AM

I am so ready to test again. The other day(way too early)  I got a super faint line. Hubby sees it and he is always error on the no side kind of guy. He says he can feel things different TMI  sorry. I am not due to test till the 25 period due the 28 . My boobs feel kinda sore this am I never get that with my periods. OMG trying to control my thrill level.  PLus I am trying to keep busy and read when ever I can to keep me distracted. But every book I pick up has great characters and the last 2 have involved a pregnant character. The last 2 were so good. Heart tuggers,  The Last Letter by Kathleen Shoop and Come Back to Me by Melissa Foster.  I know I will not have a moment to read this week but I trying to keep myself from getting a test till the 25th.

My hubby starts his new job on the 3rd, it was my son's b-day yesterday and his cousin had a baby yesterday. SO there is so much going on you would think I could distract myself.lol

I hope everyone gets great news this month.

#561 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 05:55 AM

Hey I haven't posted in awhile...needed a break from focusing on TTC.....but I just had to come back and visit to say that I finally got my two pink lines this morning!!!! I needed to tell someone other than DH!!!  Ironically, this news comes one day after I finally called my doctor and discussed Chlomid to help me O more frequently.... I am leaving on vacation this morning and despite a neg HPT last week, I hadn't gotten AF so I thought what the heck..... and there it was!!!

Hope everyone is well...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  It's our first positive HPT so I am not getting my hopes too high - but it's kinda hard not to!

joy.gif

I am a working mom geek.gif with a beautiful DD who is 4 1/2 energy.gif.  I've been married to my DH since 2006 partners.gif and we are TTC #2.  dust.gif

#562 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

My temp went back down today.  I am so annoyed.  I am getting a new battery for my thermometer and a new thermometer as a back up.  I am about ready to throw in the towel! 

oh mother...just a couple more days, you can do it!

#563 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

My temp went back down today.  I am so annoyed.  I am getting a new battery for my thermometer and a new thermometer as a back up.  I am about ready to throw in the towel! 

oh mother...just a couple more days, you can do it!

#564 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Hi, long time lurker that would like to tag along.

I am a working Mama to two wonderful little beings DS (2yrs) and DD (10 months).  I was "wanting but waiting", until a recent "opps I'm pregnant" got DH and I thinking that it would be nice to go ahead and have our third.  I admit that at first I was in shock and worried about having three so little, but once I got comfortable with the idea I became excited.  Unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy. 

The positive is that we are going to TTC again sooner than we had planned.  I just turned 36 and DH is 37.  I would love to be done before I turn 37.  Since this will be our last I am going to try and enjoy every bit of it even the nerve wracking TTC part.  Hopefully it will be a short wait!  Congratulations to all the ladies who have gotten their BFP for Christmas!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#565 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM

CaH09-  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sending lots of sticky sticky vibes to you!  joy.gif

ohmother-  How many dpo are you?  How exciting that you got a faint line!  Crossing my fingers for you that it was a true second line!!!!!  The 25th is only a few more days - you can do it!

Ava'sMama-  Ugh how frustrating for you!  Your homeopath says it's impossible for it to be caused from the progesterone?  Hmm maybe pick up a few OPKs so you can catch the surge without having to keep BDing every other day???  I really hope to see that temp spike for you SOON!

Gator-mom-  Soooo sorry about AF and feeling a cold coming on. :(  Try to rest up and get better before your busy schedule starts.  I'm crossing my fingers that January is the lucky month for you.  As far as the tea tree oil goes, it sounds like there's just not enough research to say if it's safe during pregnancy or not.  I think using the oil straight on (like I was doing) is definitely not recommended during pregnancy, but having a little bit of it mixed into a face wash is probably okay.  I even picked up a while ago a face wash that is recommended during pregnancy that has some tea tree oil in it.  I'm not going to use it now because I may be allergic, but that tells me a little bit is okay.

Simonsez-  Welcome to the thread!  Sorry to hear of your early miscarriage.  But I hope you can conceive again soon with baby #3!

#566 of 897 Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

I went and bought a new thermometer because I couldn't find a replacement for mine.  Yeah, I am going to call my homeopath tomorrow morning and talk to her more about it.  I almost bought some OPKs, but I am afraid of having another thing to obsess over.  I am having EWCM again today with some O pain, but I have kind of felt that way the past week!  My back is on the verge of going out (probably too much bding!), so hopefully we can still get some bding in tonight.  I guess only time will tell as to when or if I Od and how long my LP will be.  This may be the longest cycle ever!!

#567 of 897 Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks for this lovely thread to join in on.
I'm 34, DH is 35, DS is 2yrs4mos. We've just started TTC for #2 this week!

With DS, we got pregnant when I was 31, the first month trying. Actually, it was the first night trying! I swear, I knew it about 24 hours later. I woke up at 3 am feeling weirdly queasy and ravenous!

I was looking very carefully at the calendar for ovulation - I have a very regular period-  ( but not using BBT or any other method) and I had been getting acupuncture regularly.

So, now we've decided to try to give ourselves more time to enjoy... we stopped using birth control right after my last period. So far so good! smile.gif

I'm so curious to see how long it will take us this time. Even having one menstruation after starting TTC will be different from last time.

I'd love to hear how others of you are feeling - I am going up and down, feeling excited and hopeful and looking forward to being pregnant, and then getting scared and worried about how it will all go, and NOT looking forward to the first-trimester blahs.

We've gotten settled in our routines with DS and I know #2 is going to throw a wrench in everything!

I'm an artist and just got hired to teach my first college courses next semester, so I'm also worried about going through the first trimester while I'm trying to figure out teaching at the college level...

One more thing - I'm having a hard time following all these abbreviations!! is there a key someone can post the link to?

Thanks!
Zoe.

Artist and mother to Naftali age 3, and Nomi born September 2012.  winner.jpg

#568 of 897 Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Welcome, Zoe!  Check out this link for help with abbreviations: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/522590/abbreviations-acronyms-emoticons

#569 of 897 Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I am new to this community. I have never posted before, but I have been lurking. My husband (38) and I (30) have a little boy (turning 4 in March). We have been considering having another baby for a while. We are currently living in a multi-generational home with my parents. We split the mortgage and have had a wonderful experience so far. However, there might not be enough space for an additional body in this house and that has kept me unsure of when I'd like to conceive. My husband is slightly more mysterious than I am. He'll go through phases where he is very into the idea, and he convinced me that I am ready only to suddenly become quite unenthused. I had my IUD removed (at his urging!) and then he refused to be intimate until we bought condoms! I could not believe it.

I am upset that he wants to use condoms, yet, I actually want to have a complete cycle or two before we conceive anyway. I did express this to him, so it is *possible* that he remembered and was trying to grant my wish. 

I am ready to be pregnant and was secretly hoping for a Christmas BFP (got Mirena out Dec. 1st). But, I don't believe I have ovulated. 

My friends do not seem to be able to relate to what I am experiencing, and if I bring up the subject to my husband he behaves quite strangely. I am attempting to not discuss TTCing with him at all, though it is difficult because I definitely have baby fever and there are pregnant women EVERYWHERE. Thank you if you have read this far and I look forward to making some connections with all of you. And, I suppose I am currently Trying to Convince my husband that we should be Trying To Conceive.

Warmly,

Beth

#570 of 897 Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 AM

Hi Zoe and Beth!  I hope your TTC journey is a short one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeart View Post
I am going up and down, feeling excited and hopeful and looking forward to being pregnant, and then getting scared and worried about how it will all go, and NOT looking forward to the first-trimester blahs.

Zoe: Me too! Me too!  I'm going to try my best to be zen about this pregnancy. In the past I've always enjoyed my pregnancies for the most part (except the very beginning and very end) but worry nonetheless.  A college art teacher how cool!  I looved my college art courses.

Beth:  I hope you get your husband on board.  My hubby was being a little wishy washy too at one point.  A recent opps on his part helped me convince him to go ahead and try for #3.  Good Luck

AFM:  AF just stopped and I'm looking forward to having fun TTC.  I've never charted or anything I'm just not disciplined enough.  I have so much respect for those women who really put in the time to record and understand their cycles and I'm sure it's fun to share with other women. We just try to DTD every other day pretty much the whole month hoping we get it right.  It's worked for us so far so I'm hoping it works for us this time. 

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page