Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#871 of 897 Old 08-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

congrats jpack, i'm sending positive thoughts your way :)

Just noticed my DD (born Feb '09) is right between anyalily and jpacks LO's, seems like wanting another fell around the same time.

AFM:

NTNP after 8 months TTC, my cycles have been regular (for me) the past 3 cycles, so hoping this cycle follows suit, despite the traveling. I won't consider myself in the 2WW until 2 weeks before my longest cycle, so i still have a couple weeks to go. I'll be happy either way, for different reasons, until then it's out of my hands.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#872 of 897 Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM

False alarm- tests looked promising, but then got lighter rather than darker and beta confirmed negative. Wtf?! And clomid totally magnifies symptoms. Bleh. Thanks for the support, though ladies!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#873 of 897 Old 08-24-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpack View Post

False alarm- tests looked promising, but then got lighter rather than darker and beta confirmed negative. Wtf?! And clomid totally magnifies symptoms. Bleh. Thanks for the support, though ladies!

oh! :( i heard clomid symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms... and I think I read something about false positives...

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#874 of 897 Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Sending good positive thoughts your way, jpack!!

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

#875 of 897 Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM

Congratulations Farrahlily!  I had my second DD about the same time.  She was born on July 3rd after a fast, drug free, hospital birth with a midwife too.  I loved this thread while TTC #2.  It took us 18 months and with DD1 (6 yrs old) we were not trying at all.  Good luck to you all.  Avasmama and Mamaforever- soon soon.  I am looking forward to hearing your news.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#876 of 897 Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

BFN and cramps today. AF is coming. I feel sad but OK. Another chance to lose some weight and start exercising again!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#877 of 897 Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 PM

Anyalily-  So sorry that you feel that AF is on her way...  I hope this next cycle is successful for you!

Jpack-  ugh how frustrating that your first test showed positive, then had negatives after that.  Can clomid cause a false positive?  I hope that first test was right, but if not, sending you hugs.

Farrahlily and CACountryGirl-  Congrats to you both on your new little girls!  It doesn't seem like it has been very long since you announced your pregnancies!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#878 of 897 Old 08-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yup, I am out this month. But feeling good, eating well and trying to be happy and optimistic. Maybe this month will be it!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#879 of 897 Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM

My chart is all whacked this month, but pretty sure I O'ed yesterday or Monday (though FF thinks last Friday which would be wierd early for me). Anyways no temping for the 2WW this month for me! Hoping that will ease my stress...

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#880 of 897 Old 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM

demon.gif

I'm going a little nuts with the waiting.  To top it off, I had to have a colposcopy in the middle of my cycle to take a closer look at what the pap smear found when I got my IUD out at the same time...ugh.  And my in-laws are coming into town tomorrow, which is always a hot mess.  This weekend I'll either get my period (cranky) or get a BFP that I don't want to tell them about yet...and the timing of it all is so similar to when I got pregnant with DS, same month, they visited around the same time, I couldn't tell them why I wasn't drinking (I hadn't found out for sure then yet).  It's hard not to get a little superstitious.  And my boobs kinda hurt.  And then I feel really stupid because IT'S ONLY THE FIRST MONTH TTC.  Jeebus.

Thanks for letting me get the crazy out.  :)

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#881 of 897 Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM

LOL GISDiva we're all here to share our crazy with people who understand!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#882 of 897 Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

LOL GISDiva we're all here to share our crazy with people who understand!!

And now I'm spotting.  10 days-ish after DPO, which I did with DS.  STOP THE INSANITY!!! lol.gif

#883 of 897 Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post

And now I'm spotting.  10 days-ish after DPO, which I did with DS.  STOP THE INSANITY!!! lol.gif

Well, the insanity stopped, AF is coming I think.  Oh well, at least I can enjoy a few adult beverages this weekend when the in-laws are in town.  I'll need it!  orngtongue.gif That was a rather short cycle though, 24 days...

#884 of 897 Old 09-01-2012, 11:39 AM

SO GISdiva- was it aunt flo?

Jpack- sorry to hear about the false hope. I seem to just do that to myself- take a test and scrutinize it in all sorts of light trying to see if there is a faint ANYTHING! LOL Good luck this next cycle.

AFM- This cycle I did nothing, absolutely nothing, only bd'd when it probably wasn't even the right time (hubby was out of town for "perfect timing). Awaiting AF. I have the cramps and the usual but I don't think I am due to start for another day or so...whatever. There is a glimmer of hope in the back of my mind but really I know I'm out this month. It just would be funny if it did happen this month. We'll see.

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#885 of 897 Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulstella View Post

SO GISdiva- was it aunt flo?

Sure was.  I've decided an early June baby sounds delightful, another week and we do the dance again.  ;)   Although DS's behavior this weekend might make my husband have second thoughts.  Lol...

Good luck to everyone this month...

#886 of 897 Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM

CD1 of my first month trying Vitex

#887 of 897 Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 AM

I didn't realize how much I'd forgotten after not thinking about conceiving for five years.  I feel like a newbie all over again, I'm sure glad I have all you ladies to remind me about mucus and cervix position and all that good stuff...

2 week wait starts today, I think we timed it pretty well!

#888 of 897 Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM

I have been off line for a while really. No luck. So we were trying to weigh our options and goals. Today is my birthday and I went to the doctor yesterday. L o l the doctor basically told me due to my age; my husbands age; we have. Really tiny chances and they would probably involve invitro. greensad.gif
#889 of 897 Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM

ohmother - may I ask how old you both are? If age is the only factor I'm surprised the doctor would say that. I hope you prove them wrong and get pregnant without intervention!

How is everyone doing? This thread got so quiet it dropped off my news feed!

I am on month 2 of Vitex and month 1 of Maca. Had really good strong O pains this month and am now 4DPO. Will test at 14 DPO, so just waiting waiting now!

#890 of 897 Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM

I started Maca this month too, and I'm trying to get my husband to take some too without *too* much nagging.  ;)  Waiting to O, otherwise...

Funny story - I was at a party thrown by an acquaintance of mine (so not close enough of a friend to know we're trying for another).  The topic in the room tumbled to children and spacing.  One mom had two that were a year and two days apart and said how great it was now that they're older, my friend has two that are about 3 years apart and said how it was juuuust a little too much and she "had a friend who had theirs five years apart and it was a NIGHTMARE situation!".  Um...yeah.  That nightmare you're disparaging is exactly what we're signing up for, thanks.  lol.gif  I kept my mouth shut...sometimes I can't, but this time I did.  ;)

#891 of 897 Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Oh GISDiva, I swear sometimes people are so inconsiderate about what comes out of their mouths. Especially in regards to TTC. People forget that it's not always easy for someone else. I have a coworker who likes to ask me - So are you pregnant again yet? - on a biweekly basis. I know she doesn't intend it to be mean, but depending on where I am at that month (and especially if AF just arrived) it can be a nasty reminder that no, I'm not pregnant again greensad.gif

For what it's worth, my brother and I are 5.5 years apart. We got along fabulously when we were children, not at all when we were teenagers, and again good now that we're adults. And frankly, I don't think the age gap was the issue when we were teenagers - it was just that we were, well, teenagers!

#892 of 897 Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 PM

Livingsky, that is reassuring since I found out we are expecting! ! Got my bfp two days ago- very excited but nervous because last year this time we had a mc. So fx and hoping for a sticky one smile.gif

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#893 of 897 Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Congrats gratefulstella! Happy and healthy 9 months and beyond to you!

#894 of 897 Old 10-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Gratefulstella-  YAY!!!!!  So happy for you!!!  Big congrats, and I will be sending lots of positive thoughts to you for a healthy 9 months!

#895 of 897 Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Ty so much! Mamaforever Ty, you seriously helped give me hope when I was really feeling down! I must say even with the excitement I am pretty nervous. I'm sure its a hoot watching me anticipate something horrible everytime I go to the bathroom...so far nothing exciting which is wonderful smile.gif

#896 of 897 Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Oh yes, I remember those days so very well!  It was very scary every time I went to the bathroom.  Also, just remember that if you ever see any spotting that can be very normal!  With my two healthy pregnancies, I still had some spotting.  I'm glad I was able to give you some hope - I am just so thrilled for you!!!

Good luck to the rest of you TTC!

#897 of 897 Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaforever View Post

Gratefulstella-  YAY!!!!!  So happy for you!!!  Big congrats, and I will be sending lots of positive thoughts to you for a healthy 9 months!

Yes this, congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page