Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 897 Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm, I think he said he felt really good the past two months.  So I imagine he will feel even better this month.  Thats funny about the anniversary...my brother-in-law and his wife gt married the year before us on the same date and so did another good friend of mine!   Glad your LP was longer this month!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 897 Old 10-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Hello, I'm Heather.

I'm 25 and live in Northern Michigan.

I'm not officially trying to have a baby yet...

I'm about a week or two away from getting married. I also have a weight issue I'm taking on first. I'm trying to lose at least 40lbs by next June. As of right now, I would not be able to have a baby...I'm to heavy. My cycle totally stops sometimes due to changes in my weight. The more I weigh the less chance of getting prego. Sometimes I stress over it, and freak out. I keep thinking (what if I can't have a baby?! or will I have to adopt?) I don't mind adopting...but I would at least like to have one child naturally. I know I would be a good mom, I love taking care of animals, I love babies, and I practically helped my parents raise my brother. I just don't want to miss my window of chance to have a kid while I'm still young...my mom had trouble having a baby after she turned 30. The same will probably happen to me. 

Thus I have realized that I'm kind of worrying to much, so I have started just focusing on me and my husband to be. haha! tea6.gif

dust.giftrying to conceive.

#183 of 897 Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA... it's been a crazy couple of weeks. I'm slightly concerned how this cycle is going to go, since I'm a week past AF and still no CM (once or twice there was an itty bitty amount of creamy CM a day or two ago). Last cycle, which was my first on Vitex, I went through the whole textbook CM cycle, so I'm hoping that this is just a result of my hormones trying to balance out. I don't chart because my DD wakes me up at sporadic times (anywhere from 3 - 6 AM). So I guess I've just got to wait and see....

Good luck to all of you, ladies!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#184 of 897 Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 PM

traci, I get the same EWCM before AF as well....but you just never know! 

Welcome Heather and congrats on your upcoming marriage!!  Maybe you will get preggo on your honeymoon when you are not thinking about it.  What is it about your weight that makes you think you can't get pregnant?  Have you ever been told that by an OB/MD/midwife?  Having a baby is definitely a great motivator for weight loss...good luck!  And just enjoy your marriage for now...don't worry about things you can't control!  (easier said then done)....and you are young!  Prime fertile age :)

BeachLove...could it be that maybe you aren't quite ready to O?  If you've had some extra stress, maybe your body's waiting a bit longer? 

and to Ava's Mama, I really do know how you feel.  It's so frustrating...but now you can focus on this month:)

AFM...CD5 here and just hanging out...no charting this month, no point since it hasn't made a difference anyway! 

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

#185 of 897 Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Hi Heatherwave.gifYou are nice and young and still have lots of time to try for a baby, so that's good.  I hope you have a wonderful wedding!  Congrats! 

Ava'sMama-  Well I had to go back in the thread to see your post in the beginning of Sept.- and it said that your acupuncturist was feeling good about it happening "in the next month or so."  I did not do this to prove you wrong winky.gif , but to boost your hopes a bit for this cycle. smile.gif

BeachLove-  Are you BDing every other day just in case you're going to O without showing any CM?  I hope your cycles get straightened out soon!

FarrahLily-  Thanks, but AF showed up yesterday.  I am happy for an 11 day LP though and feel okay about it not working out that cycle.  I am trying to be hopeful for this cycle now!  I don't think I'm going to chart this cycle either because the time I did this when TTC #1, I got pregnant with DS.

Come on July babies!!!

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
#186 of 897 Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone!  Traci, thanks for checking what my acupuncturist said!  I called him yesterday and he wants me to come in a day or two before ovulation, I still need to make the appointment, but it has been a crazy week! I should ovulated sometime between next Thursday and next Saturday.

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#187 of 897 Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Hello! I am 31 and TTC#2 with DH.  My DD is 4.5 years old so it's about time to have #2!  I was on the Nuva Ring for a year or two and then haven't been on any BC since November.  I was tracking my cycle and it finally regulated itself in March.  Since then I have an average cycle of 43 days which is insanely long!  This was my first month of actively TTC and I don't think it worked.  I haven't charted BBT, but I did track CF and used OPK.  My last AF was Aug. 19th so I was scheduled to O on 9/14.  I didn't get a + OPK until 9/23 and 9/24.  I think my DH and I timed it right... but I took a HPT on Saturday (8 DPO) and again today (12 DPO)... both were BFN.  I still have not gotten AF, but feel very bloated and tired.  The tired thing is fairly normal though.  The waiting game is so frustrating!!!

Does anyone else have such a long cycle?  Any help you can offer?  As it stands right now I won't O again until early November!!!

I love reading all your posts... but can someone tell me what PPAF stands for? (sorry... I'm a newbie!)

mecry.gif

I am a working mom geek.gif with a beautiful DD who is 4 1/2 energy.gif.  I've been married to my DH since 2006 partners.gif and we are TTC #2.  dust.gif

#188 of 897 Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Hi CaH!

I think PPAF means "Post Partum Aunt Flo" but I'm not sure!
Good luck!  Unfortunately I don't have any advice for the 43 day cycle, but do you know long your LP (luteal phase) is?  Have you ever consulted a midwife?

traci, sorry to hear about AF...looks like we all lucked out this month...but yay for the 11d LP!!

AvasMama....what is the theory behind acupuncture working?

AFM, I'm CD6..nothing exciting...AF was super short this time...kinda nice :)

Also nice to not feel the pressure of charting.

...I guess with DH it's just NTNP for the time being...and I have to leave it up to the universe as he can tell when I get all "crazy fertile woman" and start being pushy and I think he goes into panic mode a little as he just doesn't think the timing is good for #2 right now (even though I know it would be fine..)....I just have to learn to let it be!

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

#189 of 897 Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traci447 View Post

BeachLove-  Are you BDing every other day just in case you're going to O without showing any CM?  I hope your cycles get straightened out soon!

Yes, we are! We actually do it pretty much every night, anyway (what can I say, we both have a high sex drive winky.gif). So basically, for me, if I don't get pregnant, it's not for lack of trying! shy.gif

I am actually seeing some creamy-watery CM today, so maybe I just spoke too soon. Oddly enough, this month I don't feel quite as obsessed with conceiving as I have been. Maybe that will be the clincher! We shall see...

CaH09, welcome! And yes, PPAF is Post-Partum Aunt Flo. Fingers crossed for you that you have a BFP coming up soon! The early testing and waiting can drive you nuts, I know!

Welcome to you, as well, Heather! Congrats on the wedding, and good luck to you TTC!

Ava's Mama, I hope the acupuncture helps you out this cycle!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#190 of 897 Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Farrah - Acupuncture is well known to help with fertility.  For me, my constitution is blood, that I do not have enough (I get iron deficient and light headed very easily).  So he works on that a lot and then the acupuncture helps at different times in the cycle...so prior to ovulation it helps you ovulate and after oculation it can help with implantation.  Sorry, not a very scientific answer, but that is my understanding :) 

AFM - CD5...just waiting to O, last day of AF (just spotting), so we will probably start BDing tonight :)  DD has been sleeping awful, really wrestless.  She keeps saying her butt hurts, poor baby!

#191 of 897 Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM

Hi everyone... it's traci447 here... I had my username changed.  There was discussion in the One Thread about privacy issues when using your real name in your username so some of us there decided to change it.  The main thing is just the possibility of friends/acquaintances knowing it's you and then getting information to your chart, and knowing about very private issues!  It probably wasn't a big deal for me because I wasn't using my whole name, but I do use traci447 for pretty much everythng else on the web.  Anyway, sorry if this causing confusion!  I'm only on CD 3 here, so lots of time to go until O time. 2whistle.gif

Welcome, CaH09!  I don't have personal experience with long cycles, but have you looked into Vitex?  It's a natural herb that balances hormones and can help your cycle become regulated.  It can take several months to start working though.  You should also look into acupuncture.  If you see a midwife, as FarrahLily asked, they would be able to recommend natural ways to shorten your cycle and gain a more regulated cycle.  Good luck TTC #2!

Ava'sMama-  That sounds so funny when you said "thanks for checking what my acupuncturist said".... well I have no idea what he said, but I thought I remembered what you posted so I was just checking back in that post to get you motivated about this cycle!  I'm glad you are going back to the acupuncturist again!  I really am interested in acupuncture also (just wish the nearest one wasn't an hour drive away).  So if it takes many months of actively trying without getting pregnant, I will be looking into it.  Hope your DD starts sleeping better soon so you can start on your BDing without interruption! Sheepish.gif

BeachLove-  Yay for lots of BDing!  At least you don't have to ever worry about "missing  your window." smile.gif

#192 of 897 Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 AM

healthyhanna: I think you have a healthy outlook on your current situation! Good luck with the wedding!

Farrah and BeachLove: Thanks!  I do not know what my LP is, I don't chart.  Last month I started AF 13 days after I first had a +OPK, but I don't know what day I actually O.  Currently I'm 15 days past the day I first had a +OPK, but again, I don't know when I actually O.  If I got AF today, my current cycle would be 48 days!!!

The OPK confuse me - anyone else?  The instructions say to time BDinig within 24-36 hours of first receiving a +OPK.  Should you just try to BD every other day until you get AF after you get a +OPK just to be sure?  I wish I had done that this time!  We only tried a few times within the first 36 hours after I got the + result...  I'm scared to chart b/c I feel like it will make me neurotic and stressed and then lessen my chances, although I felt the same way using OPKs...

traci/Farrah: What are you guys referring to with CM before AF?  I don't usually get any.  Is it indicative of something?  What if its not EWCM?

dust.gifto all!!!!!

I am a working mom geek.gif with a beautiful DD who is 4 1/2 energy.gif.  I've been married to my DH since 2006 partners.gif and we are TTC #2.  dust.gif

#193 of 897 Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Hi Heathyhanna  and CaH09!  CaH09: I feel like I'm in almost the same boat as you!  I am 30 with a 4 1/2 yo and I also have been having some weirdish cycles.  I'm using Vitex and a B complex (it's the B6 that is suppose to help).  As far as I understand, these are both suppose to help with moving O date up as well as extending the Luteal phase.  I'm on my 3rd mo trying it.  It hasn't been doing a ton of difference yet, but I just upped my Vitex dose this mo, so I'll let you know :)

I'm on CD7 today.  I guess I should be getting geared up for some DTDing if I want to have a chance at something this mo!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#194 of 897 Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM

CaH, some women get a litte EWCM or creamier CM right before their AF...it's usually just changing hormones preparing for AF.  I don't get it each month, but if I do, I know AF is around the corner!  Not all women get it and I honestly didn't even know what CM really was until this past year :)

Avasmama, that is really cool about the acupuncture...I had heard that it works, just wasn't sure how! SOrry to hear that DDs little bum is sore:( and she's having trouble sleeping...maybe she's going through a growth spurt?

Beachlove, good for you!  I'm sure it will happen very soon for you guys:)

Mamaforever...too funny with the 2whistle.gif heehee

Get ready Gator mom...this is going to be your month!!!

I always feel so good and optomistic at this time in my cycle (after AF and before O)...hormones? namaste.gif Such a difference from after O and before AF which is more like wild.gif

#195 of 897 Old 10-07-2011, 06:11 AM

Well Ladies....AF knocked on my door last night bawling.gif

I actually had some creamy CM yesterday which is why I asked what you all were talking about... I guess I kinda knew it was coming, I was just holding out hope.  I know I haven't been trying that long and it's probably going to be a long journey, but I can't help being really disappointed. 

It also really sucks that with such a long cycle (48 days this time), I don't O again until early November. I read in a book that an abnormally long cycle is considered to be 35 days.... should I go see a doctor or will they just tell me to keep trying for 12 months and then come back?

Farrah:  Good Luck this month!!!

Gator-mom: Good Luck as well! Let me know how the supplements work out? Did you got to a doctor to get them or did you just start taking them on your own?  I'll try anything!

#196 of 897 Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 AM

CaH09:  I just researched on here and that was what most people found to work.  I went to my local health food store and talked to the people there too (the one by my house has pretty knowlegable people.  If you want to talk to a doctor about it, maybe try a naturapath.  I have a friend who was put on Vitex for hormone regulation by hers.  I would think that if you do talk to a doc that they would be more inclined to take you seriously since you are well aware of what is going on in your cycles.  You said you've been off BCP's for almost a year?  Things should be regulated by now...

good luck!

#197 of 897 Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick hello...CD6 here, let the BDing begin!  Farrah, I feel the same as you at this time in the cycle.I feel like I can at least be proactive by Bding!  Rather than the second half of the cycle that is just waiting and overanalyzing everything!

#198 of 897 Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM

CaH09, so sorry about AF...you're in the right place with the rest of us this month, that's for sure!

You had asked about OPKs, yeah, they confuse me a little as well.  The theory is that your LH hormones go up, peak and then come down right before you O.  When you are getting closer to when you think you are going to O, you should check it once in the morning and then once later in the day so you can catch that inital surge.  Then, when you get your first positve, you should try BDing between 24 and 48 hours because that is the timeframe you're predicted to O.  I say just go for it though...as soon as you see that + you know you will O within the next few days so just start BDing every day or every other for like 5-7 days in a row (force yourself!!)

The say testosteron levels are high in the AM or aftenoon, but obviously, if you have a little one, it's pretty hard to DTD during that time. 
Good luck!!  I would try to touch base with a midwife or like GatorMom said, a naturopath or at least a DO.  I'm sure they will have lots of helpful hints.  Have you thought about trying red clover and red raspberry tea?  The red clover is supposed to be really good at regulating your hormones. There's also "fertilitea" wihch contains both and you can find it on Amazon.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

#199 of 897 Old 10-08-2011, 02:25 AM

Hi Everyone!

Avasmom-keep us updated on the acupuncture, I would be curious to know how well that works for you!

We are on top of everything this month, and thinking I have been missing my ovulation by a long shot.So hopefully I am on the right track now.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

#200 of 897 Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 AM

Good morning.

I love lazy Saturdays, not having to get up to get my DD to school and myself to work.  I am writing this from bed with a cup of green tea my DH brought me (he works Saturdays).  My puppy has come to snuggle with me and life is pretty much perfect at the moment.

Welcome new ladies.  I do not think I have yet said hello to healthyhanna, or CaH09.

CaH09-Sorry about the long cycles.  If you can, you may want to try acupuncture.  I don't have long cycles, but my temps were pretty wacky and my progesterone was low.  I have only been doing it a few months and it really has regulated my hormones.

Gator-mom and Ava- Have fun in your BD fest.

Hugs to everyone else.

AFM,  4 DPO.  My chart is looking better, not so many ups and downs this month.  My acupuncturist (who is also a friend) is coming to do a free treatment at my house on Sunday is exchange for getting to pick a bunch of apples off our overloaded trees.  Sounds like a great deal to me.  

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#201 of 897 Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Counrty Girl - What a great deal! Acupuncture in exchange for apples you need to get rid of anyways!

CAH - Another avenue to try is a homeopath.  Mine is actually a PA as well, so she bills it that way with the insurance so it is covered better than acupuncture.  I do not go to her as frequently as I would like, but it is just a thought!  Homeopathy has worked great with my daughter!  I am always amazing how the remedies make ailments go away so quickly!  We have yet to have to use real medicine of any sort for my DD! 

Have a great weekend everyone!  My fertile window starts tomorrow!

#202 of 897 Old 10-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Thank you! I'm getting married this coming Friday (Oct 14th).

We are not using protection and I have yet to get prego. But..sometimes it takes a while.

I do not have my period unless I'm at a set weight. I was 210 then I gained another 10 lbs.... My last period was in June. I have noticed that when my weight is over 210 I do not have my monthly cycle. So I want to try and lose weight to up my chances, and it's good for my health. 

dust.giftrying to conceive.

#203 of 897 Old 10-09-2011, 08:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  I'm on cd 6 here, so pretty boring.  I have good feelings about this month (not just for me, for for people on this thread)!  We're going to some farms today with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, petting zoo, pea pit (huge "sand"box but with dried peas), and train rides for kids.  So just enjoying a nice fall day!

Trying to relax a bit until the obsession of catching the egg begins, and then the obsession with implantation following that. eyesroll.gif

How exciting for your wedding to be only 5 days away, Hanna!  Have a wonderful wedding!

#204 of 897 Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, I am on CD8 here.  I am technically in the fertile window now.  No EWCM yet and I am trying to be a little more low key about it all.  I did tell DH that we are in the fertile window the next 5-7 days, but I am trying not to put too much pressure on DH or myself.  Had a REALLY challenging day with DD today, so I am totally exhausted.  Probably the most challenging day I have had as a parent yet, at least in the toddler years!

#205 of 897 Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Hey everyone!  I am just a few days ahead of you, Ava's Mom.  CD11 here.  I've gotten in two DTD's in the past three days so far.  Probably won't be happening tonight as DH has a late class and I have an early test tomorrow, but I have hopes for some action on Tuesday!  Pretty relaxed so far.  But this is the easiest part of the month right?

#206 of 897 Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Hi ladies! May I join in? 

We're starting our TTC#2 journey this month and have one *almost* 5 year old boy. Previously I've had trouble getting pregnant (over 2 years with a previous partner) but DD5 was a surprise without really "trying". We've never prevented aside from "sorta-kinda" avoiding around my mid-cycle around 75% of the time. I have endo and my partner has been diagnosed with low testosterone. We've decided to jump in with both feet and begin trying now as the age gap is widening with my son and I'm not getting any younger- eek. Hope to get to know you all soon! 

:)

#207 of 897 Old 10-11-2011, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Gator, yes, it looks like I am 2 days behind you, CD10 today. DH and I have actually been able to DTD twice in less than 24 hours, amazing!  I don't have any ovulation symptoms yet, but I expect them soon.  I am feeling more casual this month, trying to just let things happen naturally and keeping the stress level down.

Welcome MamaSuga!

#208 of 897 Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Barbara, and TTC #3! :)

We have been NTNP since July, but this month has been our first real attempt. 

I am currently 9DPO. Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to test, even though I knew it was way too soon. I got a BFN within the 5 minute test window, but it turned positive after the fact. I'm sure it was an evap line or something, but it has been just enough to drive me crazy. lol  

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with everyone. Sending lots of luck for BFP's to you all! :)

#209 of 897 Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Hi mamasuga and oneboyonegirl!  Hope your journey with TTC your next LO is a short one!

Here's to hoping October is a good month for everyone!

Still at a boring time for me... just CD 8 so about 6 more days to go until O!  We will probably start our BDing on Saturday which would be CD 12.  I'm feeling very anxious this cycle and I really wish I wasn't!  I just want to relax and have a "go with the flow" attitude, but it's not going that way so far.  I think it's because if I were to get pregnant, the due date would be right around my birthday and also because one of my best friends just delivered a beautiful baby girl on Sunday. luxlove.gif

But trying my best to chill out a little. smile.gif

#210 of 897 Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone fertile window is open or soon to be.  Ours is today, we bd all weekend and yesterday, and going to hit the ground running with it today, tomorrow, and however long it takes!winky.gif

mamaforever: i hope you are able to relax! I'm in the same boat with being excited, my cousin is soon to have a baby any day and I would like our LO's to be in the same age range, as well as it would be close to my birthday as well :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page