Trying to Conceive #2 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, I am about 6-7 dpo.  I just told myself I am going to test, I'll let you ladies know what happens!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Negative on testing, but I will wait and cross my fingers.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:07 PM

darlawoods-  Sorry about the BFN, but that sounds too early to test!  Hopefully you get that BFP in about 4 days or so!

gratefulstella-  Sooooo sorry about your miscarriage. hug2.gif I hope you and DH are recovering okay from it.  I'm glad you are jumping back on the TTC bandwagon right away though.  You know they say you're extra fertile for the few months after a miscarriage.... so here's hoping it doesn't take long for you!

BeachLove-  soooo?????????  Did you test?  I hope when I check back on here tomorrow, I see a picture of pretty double lines from you!

Gator-mom-  Sorry your cycle is crazy this month.  How long have you been taking Vitex?  I've heard it can take at least 6 months before it shows a difference. greensad.gif Yeah, I know, that's such a long time.  I will have to go back in the thread and find your link to your chart to take a look.  Maybe stress is messing up your hormone balance?

Ava'sMama-  I hope acupuncture does the trick for you this time!  Come on little bean!

FarrahLily-  So are you, Ava'sMama, and I all at the exact same place in our cycle?  4 dpo today?  What was up with not much EWCM for us both?  So strange, and better not happen again for either of us in future cycles!  I hope your 2ww is going by quickly for you!

AFM, just at 4 dpo, so nothing exciting to report.  I'm a little nervous that my LP will go back to just 10 days this cycle instead of 11 because I stopped eating walnuts (I have a suspicion I might be allergic to them, or at least have a food intolerance).  I ate a bunch of walnuts everyday last cycle and I think the magnesuim in them helped my LP go from 10 days to 11 days.  Oh well, guess I'll find out in about another week.  Good luck everyone!

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM

mamaforever: This was my 3rd mo using Vitex.  I'll just keep doing it I guess..but I'm a little bummed I am not getting a straighforward chart!

I forgot to temp again this morning.  I think i'm just going to scratch temping the rest of this mo.  It's making me crazy!  I had really good EWCM about a week ago, and there has been none of it since..so yea.  I've also been terrible about temping this cycle.  I either forget, or DS wakes me up early and wants something right away, so I jump out of bed before even thinking about it!  I think next cycle I'll set an alarm to test that is much earlier than DS usually gets up..I have done that before with better results.  Oh well.  I've been exercising regularly for about two weeks now and it really seems to be helping me deal with stress and anxiety so I think maybe I just need to get my body back to health a little bit. 

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Yup Mamaforever, I think we are pretty in sync (and with Ava'smama):) I didn't chart, but I am just going on what I thought was O discomfort. Interesting about the walnuts!  I have also read that carrots and grapefruit juice can help increase EWCM..I guess I will try that next time around!

So sorry for the frustations, Gator-mom...I feel your pain.  I have a hard time temping as well for the same reason.  That's great about the exercise!  I had a weird bout of anxiety last year around the holidays...it was awful, I felt so anxious all the time and even had a few panic attacks.  I found exercise and Valerian Root to be very helpful. 

AFM...not much to report...after 10 months of nada, I am finding it hard to be positive that I will get a BFP, but I guess you really just never know. I really feel as though my cycle is pretty normal though despite the lesser amount of EWCM...maybe something is going on w/ DH's little buddies. I guess if it happened before for all of us, we have a pretty good chance of it happening again. Just have to be patient, but I am starting to get nervous as I am approaching that "one year mark" of TTC w/ no results! 

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement, FarrahLilu79 :).  I'm sorry you are feeling a loss of hope.  I'll be hopeful for you, if you can't be!

Just had to come one here and complain one more time, and then I'll stop being a 'Debbie Downer' for the day!  We were at MIL's bday party tonight and I swear, like 10 people asked me when DH and I are going to have another baby.  My MIL said, "I want to get another family picture, but I'm waiting to see if I'll get another grandbaby! *wink wink, nudge nudge*"   No pressure there.... I'm trying people!!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 PM

Thanks Gator-mom...I know, some people have no tact when it comes to that!!  You're not a Debbie Downer and you can vent all you want...that's what this forum is for! :)

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaforever View Post

BeachLove-  soooo?????????  Did you test?  I hope when I check back on here tomorrow, I see a picture of pretty double lines from you!

I did test, but it was not FMU, nor was it positive. I didn't really expect it to be, but I still wanted to try!

I had a teeny tiny amount of EWCM last weekend, so I guess I'll just be waiting another week or so and trying again then! I bought an extra test, so I won't come up short next time!

My fingers are crossed for you all!! Hopefully we see a whole bunch of BFPs over the next few weeks!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Hi all, can I join you too?  

This is our first cycle TTC #2.  Our DD is 13 months old, and it took us 14 cycles to conceive her.  I'm not charting *yet*, simply because I tend to get obsessive about it, so we're just in the 'let's see what happens' boat right now.  While we were TTC DD, we had one miscarraige -- a blighted ovum -- and I had an early miscarriage before as well when we were not trying, but not preventing.  

I'm still breastfeeding, and my cycles are really wacky.  I've started Vitex and B6 this cycle just to try to regulate things.  My luteal phase, for example, has been between 8-9 days.  And my O date has ranged from CD 20-28.  I'm currently on CD14 without a sign of O yet.  No EWCM or high reading on my monitor, so we'll just keep waiting :) 

I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of you and seeing some bright BFP's!  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

Old 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Gratefulstella, so sorry for your loss...and DO NOT feel weird being on the forums!!  I had a miscarriage in June and these forums have been a huge help!

Welcome Moonstones!

AFM: I am about 7DPO.  I have done a better job about ignoring my cycle this month.  Trying to stay positive, but ready for a pleasant suprise.  One of our friends had a successful VBAC this weekend and while I am so proud of her there is that part of me that is so envious of that new baby honeymoon!  I will test in another week if AF stays away!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM

FarrahLily, Ava'sMama, MamaForever- That is so exciting that all of you are right around the same time of the cycle, I hope you all get BFP!! wouldn't that be something? To see all you ladies have Big Ol' Double Line Pics for us all??

Moonstones, I think all of us totally know what you talk about when you say you get a little obsessive! LOL I know when we decided to get "back on the horse" I rage full steam ahead looking up anything I can about baby making as if we don't already know about it...Sheesh...Hang in there mama :)

Gator-mom, I know what that's like (the whole MIL's party) and I think we all have been in that situation where you really just feel like either slapping someone silly or bursting into sobs...( or worse, both at the same time)- I don't think people realize how stressful it really can be when you really really want another baby...Sorry that you had to go through that but just know you are not alone.

MamaForever,  That whole possibly more fertile for the few months after- yea I'm so counting on that and hoping it makes for some good baby dust...already DTD and paying attention to where I am in my cycle. :D thanks for the good wishes and the hug- MUCH appreciated!

AFM, Just hanging out, I'm at about CD 9- I won't Ovulate until around CD 15 so I have about another wk to go- although we will be DTD of course up til and after that day, then onto the dreaded TWW...oye does that time just kill me how slowly it goes by!!! LOL Baby DUST to you all!!!!

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Happy Birthday, gratefulstella!  (I forgot to say that when I posted in the One Thread).  I know what you mean about not feeling good about birthdays anymore... none of us want to get older.  But make the most of it and treat it as a 'new beginning' that brings you luck in TTC!

Hi moonstones!  I hope TTC #2 is a short journey for you this time around!

FarrahLily-  Sorry you are feeling down about getting that BFP.  You're right though, it happened once, so there's a great possibility of it happening again.  Hugs!

Gator-mom-  Hugs to you too with all those people asking about another baby!  That is so frustrating!  It'll happen- hang in there.

BeachLove-  Sorry about the BFN, but I hope you were just testing at the wrong time!  Come on BFP!

darlawoods-  Have you tested again yet?  We want to see a pretty picture of double lines!

Ava'sMama-  Glad you're more relaxed this cycle about TTC.  I admit that not temping this cycle for me has been more relaxing, but I also miss it a little.  I will probably go back to temping next cycle but only until I get my crosshairs.  If I temp throughout the TWW, I will drive myself crazy!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning everyone, I am on CD25, so about 8 DPO.  Last month my AF came on CD26.  I have been doing a good job just ignoring everything this month.  Mamaforever - yeah I sometimes miss temping...I am actually considering trying ovulation sticks if AF arrives again this month, but hopefully I will just get a BFP and not have to worry about it!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM

Hi guys...welcome Moonstones and Stella! I hope everything is quick and easy for you both!

BeachLove and Darla, sorry for the negs so far, but you are both still early, so you never know!!

Mamaforever...you are so sweet!  I don't like temping in the 2nd half either...it's like I'm staring the thermometer down, sending wishing darts through my eyes to make the temp keep rising!

Ava's Mama...I'm with you, I'm on CD 27 and no preggo signs whatsover (I normally range from a 26d to a 35d cycle...I am guessing mine should be about 31 days or so if I guessed the O date right and if I keep my usual 12d LP)  ..I actually feel pretty chilled today (as opposed to nice and toasty preggo warm)

Oh well, trying to stay positive, because there's no use moping about it!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Hi ladies! I've been reading the forums for a while now and I think I'm finally ready to "officially" join in :) I had my first appointment today with a WONDERFUL midwife for a pre-conception checkup and got a big, huge green light from her to go ahead and start TTC :) Yay! 

I'm pretty bad about introductions, so I'll make this short. I have one DD who is 10 now (will be 11 when the new baby is here, assuming we get pregnant quickly), so I almost feel like a first-timer all over again yikes.gif 

My pregnancy w/ DD was frankly pretty awful. I was a young-ish mom back then (age 20) and allowed myself to be pushed around by my midwife, and agreed to some pretty pointless interventions, many of which I now know were totally unnecessary/preventable. I ended up being diagnosed with preeclampsia, was induced at 37 wks and had a pretty traumatic birth experience, so my goal this time is 110% natural with zero interventions if at all possible. I know my body can do this :) It took quite a while (obviously!) for me to feel comfortable and confident enough in my body to go through pregnancy and birth again, but DH and I made the decision this summer to jump in and do it, so here I am!!! 

Lovely to meet all of you, and I hope all of us get our BFPs soon!!! Anyone else here that has a big age gap between kiddos? I have a feeling this is gonna be a crazy ride ;)

Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning everyone and welcome justclaire!

I am on CD26, I am not sure how I am feeling.  DH and I got in a huge fight this morning so I didn't eat breakfast and I am all high strung, so I don't know what is truely going on!  Trying to just focus on AF staying away!!

hope we hear of some BFPs soon!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:17 PM

Welcome aboard justclaire!  I hope your stay is short and I'm liking your positive attitude!  Same welcome out to you, moonstones!

Sorry you had a fight with your DH Ava's Mama!  DH and I have been a little at odds this week as well.  Maybe it's in the changing seasons!  lol. 

AFM:  CD27 today.  I have NO idea of when I O'd this mo because of my crappy job at temping this cyle!  Just so you guys can see how lame I was this cycle:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3076f9  I really need to do better next month because now DH is finally on board to be in this TTC game for real

Old 10-27-2011, 07:56 PM

Welcome, moonstones and justclaire! Hope your stay here is nice and short smile.gif

Sorry you fought with your DH, Ava's Mama. That always gets me in an "off" mood for at least a day or so. I hope you are able to bounce back more quickly and feel better!

As for me, I am probably going to test early next week. I'm not really sure if I O'd or not - there was some EWCM (I think) two weekends ago, so we will see.

So today at the library, I ran into one of the nurses that was at the birth center the day my miscarriage was confirmed. She was pregnant at that time, and she had her new baby with her this morning. I actually ran into her one other time at the mall when she was very pregnant. I don't know if bumping into her has made me happy or sad. Sort of wondering "is this a good omen or a bad one?". All I know for sure is that I really really really want to be pregnant right now!!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Hi ladies!  Hope all is well with everyone.

I am 10 dpo today and feeling absolutely normal. greensad.gif  If I were pregnant, I would expect to see implantation spotting tomorrow on 11 dpo (because I had that with both prior pregnancies - miscarriage and with DS).  But I'm just not feeling it this cycle!  With my short 11 day LP, AF is due on Saturday.

Gator-mom- yeah it's hard to tell when O happened because you're missing some temps in there, but I would guess either CD 16 or 17.  And you have some good BDing timing going on there too!

Ava'sMama-  sorry about the fight with DH.  Hope you guys made up!  Hope you get that BFP in a few days!

Welcome justclaire!  So sorry to hear of your first birth experience.  I hope you can conceive soon with your second child and have a beautiful natural delivery you dream of!

FarrahLily-  lol about staring the thermometer down.  I hope AF stays away for you!

BeachLove-  I say it's a good sign to bump into the birth center nurse.  smile.gif  Here's hoping!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 PM

Ava's Mama:  I totally empathize with you about going at it with DH -- my DH and I have been on each others nerves this week too.  I wish we could just snap out of it, but stress and over-tiredness just seem to make it that much harder!  So, hugs to you!

Gatormom: LOL at your crappy temping.  At least your chart shows a temp shift, it's just tough to pinpoint an exact O day. And it looks to me as though you have the BDing more than covered!

Mamaforever: The cycle I got my BFP with DD was the most normal cycle ever -- no symptoms whatsoever.  I counted myself out and was shocked when I got my BFP. Will you wait until Saturday or Sunday to test if no AF?  Fingerscrossed for you!

Welcome, Justclair! So sorry about the traumatic birth experience, but by my estimation this is an incredibly supportive group of women here on mothering.com, and I bet this community will do everything to help you have the positive birth experience you envision for your next LO. 

Off to bed for me!  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

Old 10-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Just stopping by to dust.gif  Hope to see some BFP's here really soon.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:57 PM

Gator-mom- Totally chart stalking you and you have good timing...LOL just not good temping which is so funny to me because I know that is exactly how my chart would look if I did temps...very sporadic! hopefully it a good month FX for you!!!

CA Country Girl- Nice to see you in here, hope you are feeling well and congrats again! Thanks for the Baby dust

Mamaforever- Hoping that you have a LOOONG LP that just happens to give you a BFP!! FX!!!

JustClaire- Welcome and I hope that you get a BFP soon and that the pregnancy and birth are perfectly the way you would like them to go. I did a lot of Positive Affirmations before DD and I really think that helps me visualize how I wanted it to go...

Beachlove- I would count it as good luck!

Ava's Mama- Soooo how goes it today?

AFM- I am sure this will make you all laugh but I post on two threads on Mothering and let me just say I started to get the wires crossed and was about to write to someone from the other thread on this thread- Sheesh, losing my mind...anyway still just waiting to O- should be within the next few days- Been DTD so should be okay :D Have a great weekend ladies

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone - Thanks so much for the personal messages :)  That makes me feel good.  Today is CD27, approximately 11 DPO,  and AF has stayed away so far.  Trying to stay positive.  I have a pretty busy weekend planned, so hopefully AF will continue to stay away and I will realize it is Monday and I can test!  Have a great weekend everyone, sorry I haven't been good at throwing out personals like you all have been, I will work on it next week!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Hi everyone

mamaforever I'm trying to hold off on testing until

monday or so! Will update then 

Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 AM

CD 30 today and I think CD31 is usually my longest cycle.  So I will probably test with you, Ava's Mama and darlawoods on Monday if AF doesn't show before then.

Sorry for that sort of awkward experience running into your old nurse, Beachlove.  I have several friends who are pregnant right now and several of the men in my program have pregnant wives at home.  So I feel like I'm being surrounded by it!  I just keep telling myself that my time will come.  And when I have my new baby, theirs will be old and not as exciting anymore!  lol.  I know....I have to explain it to myself selfishly so I don't feel left out :(.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Aww, thanks, Gator-mom. I was due at the same time as like 5 other people I know, and now they are all starting to have their babies. And I get to see all the cute pictures on Facebook. It makes me so envious. I am truly happy for these people, but I want some of that happiness for myself, too!! My due date would have been November 13th. So I've been telling myself for months now that if I can just be pregnant by that day, I will be okay. My deadline is coming up fast!!

So... I may be testing on Monday, also. I might hold out until Tuesday, but I guess it depends on how I feel on Monday. Maybe all four of us will have Halloween BFPs!!! Here's hoping!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Heehee Gatormom, I totally agree with you on that baby rationale!  Your chart looks great...lots of good timed BDing..good job!

Good luck to all you girls testing on Monday. Welcome all you new ladies...I hope you get your BFPs really fast!

Stella, I hope you get to O-day soon so you can start the 2WW :)

CA Country Girl, you must be so thrilled and excited!!! Again, so very, very happy for you.

Moonstones, that is such a gorg photo as your profile pic...that baby is precious!  Good luck with your cycle!  I have had a quite a few friends that got pregnant very quickly after that one year mark.

Claire, I used to work as an OB RN and I totally hear what you are saying about how a delivery can just go so crazy.  I agree with everyone when I say that this time around things will be soo much better.  Just find a great midwife and a hospital that has a low c-section rate/or opt for home birth and you really will have a great delivery.  This is what are bodies are designed to do!  If I could do it w/o drugs ANYONE CAN!!!!

AFM, I'm on CD 30.  Again, not sure exactually which day I O'd maybe around CD 18 or so...so if I go on my norm 12d LP, then I'd be late by Monday.  But again, it could be later..  I felt super crampy this morning like AF was coming, but no signs yet.  Feel a little crampy on an off again now, so maybe AF will show up tomorrow.  The only sx I had w/ DD was constant crampy/naggy feeling on my right side and a missed period.  It doesn't feel like that now, just period cramps so far.

On a side note, it has been snowing here like crazy for the past few hours.  So early for winter to start!!

Good luck everyone!!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM

Aww...good luck to you too, Beachlove!  It's hard to have so many preggo friends...I have 3 really good ones that are all into their 2nd tris and it's great for them, but defnintely makes me feel sad as well. 

Old 10-29-2011, 07:32 PM

Well I spoke too soon this am because just a couple hours later, AF showed.  So I'm out this mo. 

A friend of mine told me about an herbal supplement called Rubus.  I haven't researched it yet, but she says she knows a lot of people who have found a lot of help from it.  Anyone heard of it?

So I hope the rest of ya's have better luck than me!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Hi ladies! 

Farrah -- Thanks, that photo was taken when DD was around 6 months, so I should update it.  She's grown quite a lot since then!  In what part of Upstate NY do you live?  My DH went to college in Ithaca, and I really miss it there.  If we could move back I would in an instant.  

Gator-mom -- sorry about AF, I guess she showed up just in time for Halloween, ughhhh!  I have not heard of Rubus.  Tell us more about it!

Beachlove -- it is so hard to see other women having babies around your due date after you miscarry.  When that date for me came and went, I actually felt a bunch of relief after the due date passed, so I hope some of that sadness will ease up for you too.  In the meantime though, my thoughts are with you.  I can totally empathize.  You will get your baby too, but patience is the hardest part of this, isn't it!?

Darla -- can't wait to see the results of that monday test! FXed!!!!  

Gratefulstella -- did you O yet?  It looks like we'll be in the 2ww together.  I just got my +OPK today, was lucky to catch the surge because I had a negative OPK in the morning, positive at 1pm, then negative again at 6.  Hoping to get a little more BDing tonight.  I hope we both catch the eggs this cycle!

User Tag List