Trying to Conceive #2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 897 Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!  I just wanted to start a thread specific to those of us TTC #2 or higher!

I am 31 and DD is 2.5 years old.  I got my first PPAF at 22 months in December 2010.  We weren't not trying prior to that, but once I got PPAF we did start officially trying and tracking my cycle.  I got pregnant in April but had a miscarriage (blighted ovum) in June so we are back on the wagon again.  Right now I am on CD 9, so I expect to O in the next 4 or 5 days.

What's your story?

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#2 of 897 Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM

Hi!  DS is also 2.5 years old and we are ready to start trying for #2!  I went off BCP in January and discovered my LP was only 8 days (probably due to being on BCP).  So I started taking Vitex in March and haven't seen any difference, so this past cycle I added a B6 supplement.  My LP went from 8 days to 12 days!  I'm super excited and now DH and I will be trying (we've been avoiding i/c during fertile window because I didn't want my short LP to cause a miscarriage).  I'm so sorry about your miscarriage- I had a miscarriage before getting pregnant with DS and it was really tough to go through.  Sending lots of baby dust your way!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#3 of 897 Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM

Glad you set up the thread Ava's Mama!

Nice to meet you Traci447

I am 35, as is DH, and our DD is 5.5.  We have been TTC #2 actively since 5/2010 with no luck at all.  Everything appears normal.  First time was easy, my cycle is totally regular, my LP seems to be 12-13 days, all my basic metabolic tests are normal. Maybe my CM is a little low, seems less than before DD, but I really did not pay much attention to these things before.  I have cut out coffee, drink alcohol only occasionally, been eating really well.  These have all been slow adjustments (expect we have always been pretty healthy eaters), since it took me awhile to admit that we were having trouble.  This month I added Acupuncture and herbal supplements.  I will also be getting Day 21 Progesterone and CD3 hormone tests later this month.  We all really want a baby soon.  DD asks about when our baby will get here all the time.  She is envious of her friends with baby siblings and I am sure will be a big help, as she will be 6 (at least) before she gets a baby.  I really liked my first Acupuncture session and hope it will make a difference. It will definitely help with my stress, which can't be helping. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of hormonal interventions, so I am not sure what I will do if it comes to that.  

I don't have a signature line yet since I am a new member, but I am a college lecturer in Literature, Writing and Interdisciplinary Humanities.  Very happily married since 7/2005, together since 1/99.  Loving the country life with 2 dogs, a cat, a bunny, and ten chickens.  I like to hike and garden and read (yes even when I am not teaching Lit).

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#4 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Nice to meet you too, CA Country Girl.  You must be feeling so frustrated that conceiving #2 has been such a long road.  I have heard many success stories about acupuncture when it comes to fertility.  I hope you get a wonderful BFP very soon!

#5 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Hi Ladies.  I am as of this mo, TTC #2.  We actually tried last Fall, but I am a full time nursing student, so once the 'summer baby' passed it's window of opportunity and I did not conceive, we had to take it off the table until now.  This time if I do get pg, I will have graduated by the time a baby is here..which would be a relief!  DS is 4 1/2 now and I'm about to turn 30 next week.  I'm hoping this doesn't take TOO long as DS is in the same boat as your DD Country Girl.  He keeps talking about 'when we get the baby' and badly wants a sibling to play with and keep him busy!  He will be at least 5 by the time he gets a sibling, so I also think he will be pretty helpful when the time comes.  I'm pretty sure I have already O'd for this mo, but I have not gotten my cross hairs on FF yet.  I had some weird cycles the past two months, so I also started taking Vitex and a B-50 complex.  If it doesn't correct this mo, then I will up my B-6 amount.  I had pretty normal LP but my O date was getting longer and longer between instead of shorter since getting off BCP's in May. 

Anyway, glad to have met you ladies and thanks for starting this thread, Traci!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#6 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm 26 yrs. old. My DD just turned 2 last week. I got my PPAF in November 2010...pregnant in February, m/c in March greensad.gif

Still trying away for #2! I'm actually testing tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#7 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Beachlove, keep us posted!  I am on CD 11 today and I am expecting my temperature rise in the next day or two.  DH and I have been trying to DTD every day, but he is away tonight!  I have so many friends lately that have accidentally conceived #2 and sometimes I wonder if I just stop temping and just let life happen if it will happen.  But then I remind myself that it is not an issue of not being able to get pregnant...I did get pregnant and had a miscarriage, so I just need to be patient with myself and trust that my body will know when it is ready.  Here is my chart: url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url 

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#8 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Hello! I'm 25, and my DS is 21 months today. I got my PPAF at 16 months, had a super long cycle, but it seems like the last one was more on track, as well as this one (so far). I've had short LP, though. We've been TTC #2 ever since AF showed up. I'm 4 DPO now, so I'm hoping either for a BFP (preferably) or, at least, a longer LP. 

Good luck, Beachlove!

#9 of 897 Old 08-19-2011, 10:17 PM

Good luck to all of you!  Please let us know your results tomorrow, BeachLove!  Ava'sMom, when I took a month "break" while TTC #1, that is when I got pregnant with my DS!  I just took a break from charting and scheduling i/c.  Maybe not having that stress of obsessing over TTC that month is just what I needed (though I admit, I still watched my CM like crazy even though I wasn't temping that cycle). :)

#10 of 897 Old 08-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi ladies,

BFN this morning.... I was actually really surprised. I even had a dream before I woke up that I was getting a positive test. greensad.gif

I have been exhausted and bloated and getting random little headaches lately. I would *technically* be late for AF right now, but my cycles have been a little off since the m/c....well, since I got my first PPAF, really.

I guess I'll just be waiting it out a little longer to see if I get AF, and if not, I'll test again later in the week or next weekend. At least I'm just using $ store tests, so this isn't costing me a small fortune!

Oh, and we went to Borders today (they are going out of business so everything is majorly discounted), and I came face-to-face with a brand new "Pregnancy Journal", the same kind I had with my pregnancy that ended in m/c. It really struck a nerve, because if I had gotten a BFP I would have been all happy and excited and would have bought it.  Oh well....hopefully soon.

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#11 of 897 Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM

Sorry, BeachLove. greensad.gif  Hang in there!  Hopefully it was just too early for the test to pick up enough HCG for the BFP.  Good luck!

#12 of 897 Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci447 View Post

Sorry, BeachLove. greensad.gif  Hang in there!  Hopefully it was just too early for the test to pick up enough HCG for the BFP.  Good luck!

Thanks, Traci447! I am trying to stay positive and we will see what comes of it all, soon!

#13 of 897 Old 08-22-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Beachlove how many DPO are you??  Fingers crossed for you!

I am on CD 14 and my temps still haven't shifted even though I thought I O'd Saturday or Sunday!  I guess we will have to DTD again today!  Traci - I know, I am torn between not charting and thinking that it would be nice to have more chart history to know more what to expect. 

#14 of 897 Old 08-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Hi! I thought I'd join in too smile.gif. I'm 29 and DS will be 2.5 in October. It's great to meet you all!

This our first PPAF cycle to TTC, although I've had it back since 19 or so months. I haven't told anyone IRL that we are TTC.

I'm on CD20 and I think either 7 or 8dpo. I typically have 25 or 26 day cycles. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
#15 of 897 Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

Beachlove how many DPO are you??  Fingers crossed for you!

I thought my AF was due on the 11-15th (I thought I was ovulating around the end of July, beginning of August). But perhaps I didn't ovulate when I thought I did? I will test again later in the week and see...

#16 of 897 Old 08-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Sorry about the BFN Beachlove.  Crossing my fingers that it is just too early! 

Welcome PurelyMama!!

AFM: I'm 4DPO right now.  I'm not feeling in tinges either way right now.  But then I don't usually start looking for symptoms until at least the second week after O.  I'm sure I'll let you guys know when and if I start feeling any symptoms!  I'm REALLY trying not to stress about TTC this time.  I got so obsessive last Fall and I often wonder if I just made myself so stressed out that I prevented it that way.  Back to school in two days and starting a new job on Sept. 4, so lots to distract myself with for now!

#17 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 AM

Totally trying for #2, My DD is 2.5 and I really want another baby sometime soon- Well, you know- that whole pesky 9 months in between, but I really would like to be pregnant sometime soon! I am 10 DPO today and I tested yesterday afternoon with a BFN- however it was only 9 DPO (and I"m also guessing with just CM because I hadn't started charting yet) but I still feel like I am in it and I really want to start charting so I am going to figure that out today...Still hoping for a BFP but ya know how that goes...

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#18 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM

Good morning ladies

I tested this morning and got a BFN.  I did it secretly, because I kind of knew it was too early.  I am DP10 and I had a big dip yesterday and a rise again today. I have also had a headache for 2 days and been a bit crampy, and just feel kind of weird.  Since my daughter is 5 1/2, I can't really remember exactly what I felt like really early the last time.  FF admonished me for testing early; they said testing this early could "add undue stress and offer ambiguous results".  But they also keep upping my probability of pregnancy every day.  They are encouraging me!  As I have said, we have been TTC for over a year, so I really try not to get hopeful, but somehow I can't help it this time.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#19 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM

Oh yeah-

I also got the 21 day Progesterone test yesterday, but it was actually on day 23 because the lab is closed on weekends.  That is supposedly within the window.  Wonder what it will show.shrug.gif

#20 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM

CAcountry I have my fingers crossed for you! Did you use FMU?

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#21 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Oh yeah-

I also got the 21 day Progesterone test yesterday, but it was actually on day 23 because the lab is closed on weekends.  That is supposedly within the window.  Wonder what it will show.shrug.gif

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is this test?  I've never heard of it..

#22 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Gator-mom

I think it checks to make sure you have ovulated.  7 days after supposed ovulation, to see how high progesterone levels are.

#23 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Gator-mom

I think it checks to make sure you have ovulated.  7 days after supposed ovulation, to see how high progesterone levels are.

Oh OK.  Thanks for explaining :)

#24 of 897 Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM

CA Country Girl-  I'm hoping you get that BFP this cycle and that it was just too early to test!  Sending baby dust your way!!

#25 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

My temp dropped this morning so I am totally confused on what is going on this cycle.  I am not going to lie, I am a total wreck.  My back is out and I am in so much pain and it seems like everyone is pregnant (and due in December which is when I would have been due if I hadn't had a miscarriage) , so the tears are flowing this morning.  Not that that is going to help anything.  Any thoughts?  [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] 

Thinking about stopping temping for my mental health, and DH agrees. 

#26 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

My temp dropped this morning so I am totally confused on what is going on this cycle.  I am not going to lie, I am a total wreck.  My back is out and I am in so much pain and it seems like everyone is pregnant (and due in December which is when I would have been due if I hadn't had a miscarriage) , so the tears are flowing this morning.  Not that that is going to help anything.  Any thoughts?  [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] 

Thinking about stopping temping for my mental health, and DH agrees. 

I'm definitely a believer in crying to relieve all the 'bad'.  So I think it DOES help!  I hate feeling like I can't contain my emotions, but then I have to remember, why should I?  The more we let ourselves FEEL our emotions, the faster we can heal from whatever is bogging us down.  It looks to me like you just haven't ovulated yet.  I wouldn't worry too much about the ups and downs.  I have mo's like that all the time.  Plus, remember that it is normal to have a dip on O day.  However, I would have to agree with you and your DH.  If you still need to come to peace with your loss and the wanting to replace that void is causing you such stress, then maybe a break is just what you need.  Find something else to focus your energy on for a month and see how you feel at the end of it!  Anyway, sorry you are feeling so down.  hug2.gif

#27 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM

Sending you HUGS, Ava'sMom!  I'm sorry about your confusion this cycle.  I agree with GatorMom that today may be O day and you have that dip, and will see the temp spike tomorrow.  But I think a break from temping can be very good emotionally.  I know how you feel about everyone being pregnant-  It seems like everyone I know is pregnant too.  It sounds like you have an emptiness in your heart from your miscarriage.  Completely understandable (I had that horrible feeling too for a long time and my miscarriage was very early- and it must be even harder when you were further along).  Hang in there!  You do what you and DH think is best.  Hope you feel better soon.  Hugs!

#28 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 AM

2nd on both the previous posts.  Have you looked at the chart galleries in FF?  There are so many variations in both ovulation and pregnancy charts.  I have also had some strange ups and downs on mine.  If you need a break, stopping temping (if it will help ease your stress) would be a good idea, but this chart does not look too odd to me.  So sorry about the MC.  I have also found myself angry and envious when I hear someone else is pregnant.  It is even hard for me to see babies.  Virtual hugs to you.  Maybe, go snuggle your DD.  That helps me.

#29 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thats ladies, I really appreciate your support and insight.  Maybe you are right and I haven't ovulated, but all my other signs indicate that I did, or maybe it is all in my head.  I think I will put the thermometer away for the rest of this cycle.  But there is that part of me that is curious what is going on.  But judging from my emotional state, setting the thermometer aside may be the best bet.  Just went to the chiropractor and my back feels the best it has all week.  Going to acupuncture and chiro tomorrow.  This is probably the red flag I needed to get into a workout routine and get strong again, it has been so hard for me to consistently exercise, all I have are mommy muscles!

#30 of 897 Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 AM

Ava's Mama - Sounds like you're doing the best thing you can right now, and taking care of yourself. I hope things continue to feel better!!

AFM - I started spotting las night. Maybe implantation bleeding?! It could be a crazy cycle, but I do tend to be quite regular. I guess it's a down side to not temping, when stuff like this happens! I'm really trying not to overanalyze smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page