OPTIMAL Foods for TTCing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-20-2011, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it would be interesting to pool our research as to the best foods for TTCing.

A helpful source I've used in the past is Eat Right for Your Baby.  It has a section on TTCing.  I've never strictly adhered to my blood type diet, wondering if anyone has and if it has helped? 

I know there are other theories out there, too. 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#2 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 PM

lurk.gif

partners.gif DP and I since 2007, superhero.gifDS born late 2008,

belly.gif Excitedly expecting #2 mid-October 2012!!!

#3 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM

#4 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM

wow...great links. Especially found the second one (magnesium importance) interesting...

partners.gif DP and I since 2007, superhero.gifDS born late 2008,

belly.gif Excitedly expecting #2 mid-October 2012!!!

#5 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 05:09 PM

I have tried to follow D'Adamo's diet on and off for a few years. I think there is something to it, that is I feel better (mood, energy, digestion, maybe even sleep) when I follow the diet especially in regards to the meats. It isn't easy to do b/c I normally eat quite a bit of chicken and on the diet chicken is out for B types. Organic Turkey that is reasonably priced is tough to find!

Anyway - we have been TTC for only a few months now, but I just dug out my copy of Eat Right for Your Baby and have decided to pay more attention to the specifics.

#6 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Lots of women have gotten pregnant soon after going Paleo/Primal, from what I've read.

Here's an blog post I wrote about a Primal Pregnancy--same diet applies to TTC.

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#7 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeptryst View Post

Found an interesting blog with 2 posts on the subject: http://birthfaith.blogspot.com/2008/01/improving-fertility.html and http://birthfaith.blogspot.com/2010/04/magnesium-manifesto.html

Thanks for the links!  Wonder how many TTCing mamas know about the caffeine statistic?  I've read that too much caffeine may interfere with fertility but not that it can reduce male and female fertility by half--wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTmama View Post

I have tried to follow D'Adamo's diet on and off for a few years. I think there is something to it, that is I feel better (mood, energy, digestion, maybe even sleep) when I follow the diet especially in regards to the meats. It isn't easy to do b/c I normally eat quite a bit of chicken and on the diet chicken is out for B types. Organic Turkey that is reasonably priced is tough to find!

Anyway - we have been TTC for only a few months now, but I just dug out my copy of Eat Right for Your Baby and have decided to pay more attention to the specifics.

For a while we were all on an allergen diet so anything else that we could eat we did--even if it wasn't my "type".  Your right, it isn't easy and when your trying to eat SLow, sometimes the RFYT can be very limiting.   

I am reading Marilyn Shannon's book on Nutrition & Fertility and am finding it a good review in some aspects but very helpful and informative in others. 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#8 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM

I highly recommend the book Real Food For Mother and Baby by Nina Planck.

#9 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

lurk.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#10 of 10 Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM

I also like Nina Planck. Lately I've been concentrating on pastured butter, good-quality cultured dairy, leafy greens, and small, oily, wild-caught fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

Thanks for the links!  Wonder how many TTCing mamas know about the caffeine statistic?  I've read that too much caffeine may interfere with fertility but not that it can reduce male and female fertility by half--wow.

Did you follow the link for the caffeine study to the source? It is lifted from a corporate website that ultimately just states this without any reference to any scientific study (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find one).

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page