Is 5 1/2 to 6 days after baby dance too soon for nausea?!? What the..? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

EDIT: SKIP TO BOTTOM FOR THE UPDATE.

Weird things have been going on! We baby danced last Saturday night, and 5 days later, I was eating some snacks before bed, and the thought of brushing my teeth was making me nauseous, so I avoided it for like 20 min. Then I did it anyways and didn't puke. Last time I was pregnant, brushing my teeth did make me nauseous, and I'd puke sometimes but not always.

Then this morning I wake up (6 days after baby dance sex) and my coffee is sitting next to my bed, so I drink some. That makes me feel really nauseous, and I had to wait like 20-30 min before standing, just because I was like, "I'm too nauseous to move, I could puke." I also have a KILLER headache.

Then last night (which was day 5 after baby dance, mind you!) I was hot to the touch, feverish. I can't recall....is that supposed to happen during implantation? Sometimes I feel feverish anyways, randomly, but this just seemed weird, because my breasts are sore too. I mentioned in another thread that on day 4-ish after BD, I was feeling acheyness in my uterine area, like a period.

I know I am not imagining these symptoms.....but isn't this all just too soon to be from pregnancy? Is 6 DPO too soon for nausea? Maybe it's just some bad food or a bad day? But the thing is, I have a lot of the PMS symptoms!!!!!! So strange. How long should I wait to test? 2 more days?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi there! Unfortunately there's just no way to know for sure yet. I have heard of people having symptoms that early and actually being pregnant, but I personally had LOTS of cycles where I was convinced I was pregnant and wasn't. You could start testing at any time, but I wouldn't believe a negative until AF is late. Good luck! The TWW is so hard!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Do you have any further information as to when you ovulated?  Like recalling when you had fertile CF- creamy or eggwhite in consistency?  When you DTD is not when you conceive... it's when you ovulate.  So if you DTD 7 days ago you could have ovulated the day before, the day of, or up to 5 or so days after to catch the egg with that sperm.  If you O'd the day before then you might be experiencing things around 6 DPO, which is possible, though not terribly likely.  Implantation occurs between 8 and 10 DPO 84% of the time, but could be as early as 6 DPO or as late as 12 DPO.  Often it takes a day or so to build up enough hCG to have symptoms as well.  So 6 DPO seems a bit early.  If you O'd the day of it would be 5 DPO and any time after that would be even earlier.  So it's really hard to tell. 

With my first m/c and my pregnancy with my first child I experienced nausea around 8 DPO, so symptoms can definitely show up early, but whether your symptoms are pregnancy related or not is very difficult to tell.  Pregnancy like symptoms can also be associated with ovulation.  As far as testing goes, you could get an accurate result as early as 8 or 9 DPO with early implantation, but many women have to wait until 12-14 DPO.  Since you're timing is in question this could be in just a few days or even a couple weeks.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM

Conception is when the egg and sperm meet, which could be days after you DTD.  When did you DTD before that last time?  Is it possible you conceived with that sperm?  Even if not, I don't think 6 days is unrealistic. 

Good luck!

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 08-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Absolutely not! Some women are more in tune with there bodies. I'd say it's definitely possible, and you should test in the next few days! I hope you're pregnant! good luck! :)

dust.gif

Old 08-31-2011, 12:13 AM

Bobcat- We are on similar timelines! According to my Pinkpad app I was fertile the same weekend and we tried to take advantage of it. I've been peeing A LOT and have had crazy heartburn and feeling nauseous, but haven't gotten sick yet. 

I haven't noticed any bleeding from implantation but I **** have a day or so for that. I have had weird cramps and stabbing feelings.

Today I noticed that my breast were VERY large (at least for me), my bra's haven't been fitting right the last few days and they have been kind of tender. Today I ran down the hall at work and it hurt so bad! I wore a full bra and it wasn't enough.

This is only my second cycle off of birth control pills so I don't know if it's just wishful thinking and my body is settling into it's new "regular" state or if I really could be pregnant! 

Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 AM

Nope - at least not with me. All three times I have been pregnant, I was nauseated before 14 days had passed. I believe it was somewhere around 7 days each time.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 AM

OP, have you tried testing yet?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 09-09-2011, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't post until now (it's a long story why I didn't).

I got what I thought was my period, but it's longer and crampier, and now weird things are making me question what's going on AGAIN! I need to just test. I'll buy a test tomorrow, but I'd love to hear thoughts until then, because I'm freakin'.

I'll use a list format, so I don't ramble.

-First of all, I got my "period" on day 23. Strange, though it typically comes on day 26. (As a reminder, we BD'ed on day 12, and I had EWCM. Didn't BD any other days without condoms. The nausea started on day 17 I suppose)

-Now it is day 9 of my new cycle, and I'm still flowing red. I normally have light periods, and this is light too. Sometimes they can last like 5-6 days, 7 max, but never 9!

-I am still crampy, and I am NEVER crampy on the last few days of my period.....so stilllll flowin', still cramping.

-The nausea returned today, but was pretty absent for about 2 weeks I'd say

-Bad headaches!

-Very emotional. Crying. Sometimes I cry, but normally it's before my period...never on the last days of my period. By day 9 of a new cycle, I'm normally enjoying the PMS and period finally being long gone! Conversely, it feels like the PMS-type thing is gearing up!

-Boob soreness still present!

I had assumed I wasn't pregnant because of this "period", but today, after the sobbing, then realizing my period is super long, then the headaches, nausea but no vomiting....all on day 9!...I finally said.......something's weird, what's up with this "period"???? Thoughts? I'm wondering if I have some kind of hormonal problem, or if I could be pregnant? I haven't tested, because up until today I thought it was a period. Now I'm thinking I need to go buy a test??? I will do that tomorrow. In the meantime, would love to hear thoughts!!!!! I am in shock that I'm contemplating buying a test. I am even wondering if it could be a chemical pregnancy.

Also, boobs have been sore since the intial nausea weeks ago, and are STILL sore! What the heck! That was the other weird thing. By end of period, I NEVER still have sore boobs. It normally gets better like mid-period.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
You could certainly be pregnant and feeling crampy from that, or this could just be a wonky cycle. I think if it were a chemical preg then I think your symptoms would be going away. There's no way to know without a test, which you could probably do midday at this point and still get an accurate result. Good luck! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 AM

There are a couple things that could be going on...

Chemical pregnancy.  This seems pretty unlikely to me based on the heaviness of flow, cramping, and continued nausea you're describing.  Usually a chemical pregnancy period is pretty normal, though it could be a bit heavier, longer, and crampier.  I agree that it is unlikely that your other symptoms would be continuing this long, too, especially since you did have a break from them for a bit and now they are back.

Vanishing twin.  Do twins run on your side of the family?  Were you using any reproductive technology/meds to get pregnant?  You could miscarry one embryo and the other could still be there causing the pregnancy symptoms.

Cyst.  There are several kinds of ovarian cysts and some can cause bleeding and many cause cramping.  Most are totally benign and resolve on their own in a few weeks.

Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy.  You could be experiencing breakthrough bleeding from an annovulatory cycle.  Because of the severe hormonal swings that tend to accompany annovulatory cycles, all the symptoms you're describing could be from that.  Or even if the cycle was ovulatory, you could still be experiencing hormonal swings and an unusual (for you) period.

Bleeding with pregnancy.  It's not uncommon to have some spotting or light bleeding around the time of expected AF while pregnant.  Heavy bleeding is not so common, but it can happen in a viable pregnancy.  It could also be a sign that you are still pregnant, but experiencing a problem.

You should be able to get an accurate result on an HPT by now so I would absolutely do that and then decide what your gut is telling you about seeking medical care.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry to have not replied. I had two negative tests, after that long period that came early (so testing probably happened on days 31 and 33 aka like 20 days after Ov). But now, I am on day 30 of this new cycle and still no period (so it has been 3 weeks since my last post).

I think I just have erratic cycles, and erratic hormonal symptoms, and I keep mistaking it to mean I'm pregnant?

Has anyone who was pregnant ever had a long, early period (lasted 9 days, if you recall from above) instead of implantation bleeding? Then negative tests? ugh. I do have very dilute urine, so that may explain negative tests, but still.....Sounds VERY unlikely that it's a pregnancy. But if I don't get my period within the next few days, I'll test again this month. These hormonal symptoms are really confusing me, because I am now having them all the time. I think I'm gonna go see a gyno....I may be low in estrogen or something.

ps- the real reason I have been avoiding replying is that I keep thinking I'm pregnant, but it just seems unlikely, esp given BFN's, so I figured that by avoiding this site, I would help keep my mind off of it. So I'm really sorry if it seems like I'm being rude. I will buy more tests on day 32 if I don't get my period. I just keep thinking that a 9 day cycle isn't right (starting on day 23 too), and now being kept waiting on day 30 also seems strange. Today when I realized it was day 30, I couldn't believe it. Time flew.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 PM

Don't worry about being rude! You do what you need to do! This site is here to support you. thumb.gif

With continued BFN's I would agree with you that it seems unlikely that you were pregnant (or still are). But there are always exceptions to rules! Since you're not charting it is difficult to say more about what's going on. You might not be ovulating and you're getting strange length cycles with strange length bleeding b/c it is hormonal bleeding instead of menstrual bleeding. Are you getting patches of fertile cervical fluid that would indicate your body was gearing up to ovulate? Are you getting very long stretches of wet/creamy/EW cervical fluid?

I can't recommend charting highly enough. It will clue you in to what is happening. I tend to not have much faith in doctors and I'm not sure how enlightening a visit to your GYN would be. You could start charting as soon as you get red blood (if you get red blood) and see where your temperatures are, what your CF is like, if you're ovulating, how long your LP is, etc. It can tell you so much about what's happening in your body and what steps make the most sense to take next. Post if you'd like more information on charting! Good luck!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. :)

I agree, I don't have much faith in Gyno's, so that is why I haven't gone. I don't really want to go through a battery of testing at this time, or the opposite, be told I'm too stressed. No need. However, if things get alarming, I would definitely go, of course.

I should probably start charting, or at least paying more attention to my CM, and noting that on a calendar. What I vaguely remember from this past month, is having clear CM, that seemed fertile, a little later than day 14 (because I remember thinking that my CM should have been drying up at that time). So maybe I did ovulate, late, and this is just going to be a long cycle.

Time will tell! I will probably test again, using FMU this time, in a few days if no period. It REALLY helps to vent here, so that I don't have to constantly tell my hubby I'm worried I'm pregnant. Too much stress for him! I will let you guys know this time when I know more. My breasts are very large and sore, so if no AF this weekend, I'll be very perplexed.

Jaimee, I see you are expecting a November baby. Congrats! :) It looks like you have moved a lot. That is the pattern we have been following too, all over the country. Pretty crazy! But it makes life interesting. It has definitely brought us closer as a couple, having to depend on each other for friendship in a new city.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
I should probably start charting, or at least paying more attention to my CM, and noting that on a calendar. What I vaguely remember from this past month, is having clear CM, that seemed fertile, a little later than day 14 (because I remember thinking that my CM should have been drying up at that time). So maybe I did ovulate, late, and this is just going to be a long cycle.

Jaimee, I see you are expecting a November baby. Congrats! :) It looks like you have moved a lot. That is the pattern we have been following too, all over the country. Pretty crazy! But it makes life interesting. It has definitely brought us closer as a couple, having to depend on each other for friendship in a new city.

Thanks!  Yes, we've moved a lot... dh is in academia so there was grad school, a post doc, first faculty position, and now second faculty position.  It's a lot in just 9 years!  I definitely depend on online communities to help with the moves.  rocks.jpg

I would really recommend digging into full charting so that you can actually confirm O.  If you are actually not ovulating or not ovulating regularly only temping will tell you that.  Your CF can point to O, but not confirm it.  Again, just post if you want some help getting started!

User Tag List