Its been a REALLY long time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HEy guys its been a really long time.. and i just wanted to let you guys know that i finally got a BFP!!! im currently almost 8wks.. im so excited... 

and just to let you guys know when people say you get pregnant when you stop trying thry r so right.. i remember being on this fourm for like 2 months straight non stop while i was TTCing and my and my DH [[well my DH]] started getting upset that i wasnt getting pregnant[we tried for about 8 mths] and literally a month or so after we just stopped trying completely i get a BFP.. its crazy =P I just wanted to let you guys in on that little bit of info

Mother to Nicholas 10-2-08  TTC#2 =]

#2 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 06:27 AM

Congratulations!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#3 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 AM

Congrats!!!  It sometimes works out that way with getting pregnant when not trying.... the one cycle I decided to take a break from temping is the cycle I got pregnancy with DS.  Happy a happy & healthy 9 months!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#4 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Yay!!!  I was wondering what was going on with you!  Congrats!!!  joy.gif   HH9!!  Join your DDC!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 16 Old 08-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Congratulations!

#6 of 16 Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats, I also had wondered where you went! Glad to hear your happy news!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#7 of 16 Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well i have some bad news.. I went for my ultrasound yesterday and the doc thinks i have a molar pregnancy.. Honestly i dont believe it, i want to get more tests done which i plan on doing this week. but he said i measured smaller than i should be for 8 weeks.. so regardless its still hard for me .. ive been crying and i honestly dont know what to think.

#8 of 16 Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM

So sorry to hear that. greensad.gif

Happy housewife dishes.gif and SAHM to a beautiful 3 year old DD luxlove.gif and a July 2012 DS! babyf.gifMarried to my best friend since 9/5/07 partners.gif

I love to  sewmachine.gif, photosmile2.gif, and reading.gif.  We cd.gif and goorganic.jpg whenever possible.

#9 of 16 Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you might be dealing with a molar pregnancy!  I know that you weren't actively trying when you got pregnant, so do you know for sure when you ovulated?  Your dates could be off, accounting for the smaller measurement.  Was there a heart beat and if so, how was it?  Keep us posted!  hug2.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#10 of 16 Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

im exact on my dates.. i didnt chart but i charted when my flow was and everything so i could keep track... i want to go in for another ultrasound next week.. I dont know if im in denial or if im correct but i dont think that its a molar pregnancy.. there just so rare that i dont see it happening.. Im praying everything will be fine.. Ive read that its possible even for 8 weeks for the baby to move and make the sac look distorted.. i wish i had gotten a picture of the last ultrasound so i could see what you guys think.. my doctor seems to think it looks like a group of grapes.. i didnt see it tho =[ i dont know.. im still feeling pregnant regardless so its SOOO confusing

#11 of 16 Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM

So sorry xxkayluhh07xx that you're in this scary situation!  I'm so glad you're going back for another ultrasound.  You're right that molar pregnancies are rare and I thought that you would have vaginal bleeding with a molar pregnancy too???  Also, did you have a transvaginal ultrasound?  I have heard that women with a tilted uterus having a transvaginal ultrasound will cause measurement of the baby to be a week or two behind.  Anyway, I'm just hoping all is okay!!!!!!

#12 of 16 Old 09-02-2011, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

yes im unaware if i have a tilted uterus.. ive had one birth and they never mentioned it to me.. They gave me both vaginal and regular ultrasounds.. today i had my second theres deff no baby and the sac well its all distorted looking and got bigger from my ultrasound the beginning of this week.. theres also no heartbeat or anything and my HCG levels are still evelated.. Im more than likely going for my D&C next week.. i honestly dont want to but i guess its going to be something i have to do.. About the bleeding ive only spotted a TINy bit after intercourse a few weeks ago.. but since yesterday ive had mild period like cramps so im not to sure whats going on =[ its so sad that i might not be able to TTC again for a whole another year.. thnk you guys for your support

#13 of 16 Old 09-02-2011, 06:09 AM

I'm so sorry Kayluhh hug2.gif I have found a lot of support on the Pregnancy loss and TTC after loss boards. When you are ready you are welcome to join us over there. I pray your body will begin to deal with this on it's own and that you find peace and healing.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#14 of 16 Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkayluhh07xx View Post

yes im unaware if i have a tilted uterus.. ive had one birth and they never mentioned it to me..

My midwife asked me just the other day if I had a tilted uterus.  I've had two births and numerous OB visits in my past so I'm not sure why it would come up all of sudden, but I guess it can.  However, since the embryo does not have a heart beat, then this is really a moot point.  I am very sorry that this pregnancy turned out to not be viable.   hug2.gif

Quote:

Im more than likely going for my D&C next week.. i honestly dont want to but i guess its going to be something i have to do..  its so sad that i might not be able to TTC again for a whole another year.. thnk you guys for your support

PLEASE do research before choosing this route.  There are three basic options available to you: wait it out and allow your body to take care of the situation naturally, take medication to induce a m/c, or have the d&c.  There are pros and cons to each of these choices, but like anything pregnancy and birth related, it is paramount that you understand your options and make an informed decision.  There is a lot of information on the Pregnancy Loss forum that you can read and of course, post there if you have more questions.  A d&c can have complications, which could make TTC in the future more difficult.  If it were me, I would give my body more time to figure out that the embryo did not develop and allow it to m/c naturally.  Our bodies are very good at taking care of business.  There are things to look for during the m/c and your doctor can also track your hCG and do a follow up u/s if necessary to make sure that the m/c was complete.  Most early m/c are complete. 

After it is over, your doctor may warn you against TTC for a few months- I would seriously doubt a year would be recommended.  This advice is generally give for two reasons: to make sure that you are emotionally ready to go through it all again and to have a normal period so that a future pregnancy can be properly dated based on LMP.  If you are charting or plan to get an early u/s for dating purposes with a future pregnancy then the latter does not matter.  The emotional component, however, is very important to consider.  Some women find they need some time- time to heal and time away from thinking about TTC.  Other women find as soon as they gear up to ovulate again, that they feel ready again.  It's a very personal decision.  Some doctors may talk about the possibility of a thinner uterine lining the cycle after a m/c, but more often than not I have heard stories of women (including myself!) who are MORE fertile after a m/c because your hormone levels remain slightly elevated, which is a more conducive environment to conceiving and sustaining a pregnancy.  Keep in mind, though, that your ovulation will likely be delayed once the bleeding has stopped.  It could be just a few weeks or it could take longer.

Please ask for the support and information you need to take your next steps.  Be gentle with yourself.  Sending peaceful and healing thoughts!  goodvibes.gif

#15 of 16 Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

I'm very very sorry Kayluhh.  hug2.gif

#16 of 16 Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM

I wanted to offer my apologies. My doc thinks I had a early miscarriage a few days ago. I got 5 positive HPT's and my blood pregnancy test was positive but low, and then I started bleeding and the level dropped. I was only a few weeks along but it is my second miscarriage, still no baby! It's the worst feeling in the world. I had my first miscarriage at 8 weeks, so I know how  you are feeling. And I had to have a D&C as well. It was awful and I never got over it. I'm sending positive thoughts your way! I'm so sorry, I know it's not going to help if I try to say everything happens for a reason. I don't even know if that is true at this point anymore either. I hope you are doing okay. <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page