~*~The ONEderful THREAD~*~ August 28 - September 4 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

icon_stab.gif *Shank shank* (okay, the knife doesn't show up on the white background).  Here's a different one, but it's a bit more disturbed, so I'll just post the link.  Hehe. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/stabbing.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

kitten, stupid perfect chart!  It sounds like you are rarin' to go for next cycle.  Talk to me about OPK's....do they work for you?  I feel like they are spot on for some people and really confuse the issue for others.  I can't decide if I want to try them or not.  I should add that everything I do in the bathroom is observed and commented on by DS so I'm always hesitant to add things that you pee on to his ever-growing list of known bathroom activities.

I used OPKs a cycle or two last fall, and didn't love them enough to continue using them.  However, I'd really like to have another cross-checking measure this month.  I have LOTS of Wondfos, so I'll probably start POASing around CD 11 and maybe 2x a day when my line is getting close to positive.  I know plenty of ladies who never see the line get as dark or darker than the control line, and then they don't know if they missed their surge or just built up to O and then didn't.  Personally, I wouldn't use OPKs without temping...just because I can't deal with the guess work!!

With OPKs you don't use FMU, so you could sneak it in between 10-4 on a potty break (maybe while he's involved in something) if you wanted to give them a shot!  When my kids have asked about tampons, HPTs, etc., I just tell them that they are "mommy things."  LOL.  Also, I PIAC, never OAS, so if that helps, he won't see you peeing right on something.  And I don't use a kitchen cup, but a clean DORA yogurt cup!  LMAO.  Luckily I'm able to do that without the kids breaking the door down. lol.gif

Sarah ❤ Engaged to Manuel ❤ Mommy to Ben (10) and Aislinn (5), loving stepmom to Jordyn (11), Jazmyne (9) & Brooklyn (6)

TTC our first together! 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/EcstaticUtahMommy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 PM

Thank you, everyone!  It feels good to have a plan for what I need to do.  Hopefully I'll be back to TTC sometime in the next 6 months or so.  Guess it depends on what I find out.  I had a pelvic X-Ray today so we'll see if that shows anything.

In the meantime, I'll be checking back to see how you're all doing.  Take care!

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM

AndTheStars...   I love the "swiftly bring you a BFP .." it definitely brought a needed smile to my face. :)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Stevi ~ LOL about Swift! At least he gets the job done :-) 

Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Can you please move me to Graduates?  Thanks.  :)

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 PM

#&*^%$#@!!!!!!

Swift started hinting that he may cancel tonight. Soooo, I called in a backup. The backup had also agreed to be a designated, available at my beck and call donor. Not only was he faster than Swift, but he calls afterward and says he has changed his mind about the entire thing. I'm calling him Sissy. Hmph!

So now I am right back where I did not want to be, worrying about where my next donation will come from, and taking the extra risks of multiple donors.

Someone just give me a million bucks already so that I can buy my sperm and have it professionally injected into my eggs!

Men are just not reliable!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM84 View Post

sleepingbeauty, I feel you on problems the pill. The pill completely messes me up. :( 

Sorry you had a hard time too.  I hate this crap!!! *grrr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

sleepingbeauty, yuck for the pill.  I was on it for years and years and when I came off, I too was convinced that I would find out that I had been infertile the whole time and the thing was a waste.  I thought that too because there were many occasions over the years that were ripe for an oops and I never had one scare so I was pretty darn sure that the whole thing had been a waste of time.  But I have DS now so all that money wasn't flushed down the drain.  Your body will work just like it should when you're ready for a bambino.  That's a lot of school left but it looks like only 2ish more active years of full time school that babies would impede?  Are you headed for teaching or performing?  My brother got a dual major in music (piano) and geography (yeah, I don't know either) and he worked his a$$ off that last year with performances and recitals and whatnot.  I feel for you.  It is really good though that J is on board.  Boo on the ex for being a coward and waiting til the last minute to reveal frickin' crucial information.

Yeah, the Master's isn't full-time.  And I can do it while I work as a teacher.  Which answers the other question: I'm Music Ed!  Violin is my primary instrument so I'd like to teach Strings.  Your post gives me hope.  I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end (like J told me again today.  He's too awesome...) just right now it sucks.  And yeah, my ex is an ass.  We're friends now.  We dont' have anythign against each other.  Just different wants in life.  I'm totally over him though.  I sound so...I don't know what the word is I'm looking for.... *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

#&*^%$#@!!!!!!

Swift started hinting that he may cancel tonight. Soooo, I called in a backup. The backup had also agreed to be a designated, available at my beck and call donor. Not only was he faster than Swift, but he calls afterward and says he has changed his mind about the entire thing. I'm calling him Sissy. Hmph!

So now I am right back where I did not want to be, worrying about where my next donation will come from, and taking the extra risks of multiple donors.

Someone just give me a million bucks already so that I can buy my sperm and have it professionally injected into my eggs!

Men are just not reliable!

Ugh.  Men!  Not cool.  Why do you consider multiple partners a risk?  Do you just want to know who the father is?  Or is there another reason I don't understand?  (I tell you all the time but I LOVE that you take the situation into your own hands like this.  I have my fingers crossed particularly hard for you all the time.)

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Add kylie1 to Waiting to O, please!

Hi everybody! I'm TTC4, have been trying since June...I have two biological DDs and one DSD. I have a balanced translocation so it's more difficult for me to get pregnant than the average woman. Any tips?

treehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg mother to micro-preemie DD1 and 2E PG DD2. Stepmother to trans DSD. Owned by acat.gif! Pregnant and due 6th June '12. cd.gifnocirc.gifbfinfant.gif

Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM

SleepingBeauty...   I was diagnosed with an STD a couple months ago and it put a good scare in me. My risks of that happening again are much lower if I just use one donor. (See what tou miss when you're not here?) :)

Old 09-03-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

kylie1, Welcome!  You are added.  Forgive me, but you'll have to tell me what balanced translocation is redface.gif  Did you have trouble conceiving your DD's?  Do you chart?  Sorry for all the questions!  We're a nosy bunch around here!

BellaWithBaby, how is your 2WW going?  Any symptoms?

Stevi, I think that today, tomorrow and Monday are your days to pin down some donors.  Have a reproductive holiday weekend!  I always wished that I could get pregnant on Labor day. orngtongue.gif

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 09-03-2011, 04:05 PM

AndtheStars:

A balanced translocation is when an equal-sized part of two different chromosomes break off and reattach themselves to the other chromosome, which generally doesn't cause any issues until you try have children. I know my explaination might be a little confusing...orngtongue.gif http://www.rarechromo.org/information/Other/Balanced%20translocations%20FTNW.pdf explains what a balanced translocation is. I got tested after my first 2 miscarriages and eventually we found out that a balanced translocation ran in the family...explains my now-deceased little brother...I had quite a bit of trouble conceiving my DDs and wasn't eligible for IVF because women are required to be infertile (not just have a lot of difficulty with conceiving) in order to have it. I eventually got lucky after 2 more miscarriages and had my beautiful daughters-one with the balanced translocation, one with 'normal' chromosomes.

treehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg mother to micro-preemie DD1 and 2E PG DD2. Stepmother to trans DSD. Owned by acat.gif! Pregnant and due 6th June '12. cd.gifnocirc.gifbfinfant.gif

Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 PM

AndTheStars: My TWW is going pretty well I think. I am due on the 8th and want to test (next) on the 5th.  I purchased 9 FRER from CVS yesterday and couldn't resist breaking into the package yesterday (only 8DPO) and got a negative.  I know, very silly but I have 8 more!   So the following link is the list I have been using for very early symptoms and I will list what I have been experiencing so far.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/all-early-pregnancy-symptoms.php

So far (at 9DPO)...

Abdomen:  sharp/stabbing pains, mild/ dull cramps, twinges

Chest:  breasts feel heavy/ full, sore/ sensitive nipples, tender breasts & underarms, pronounced veins, increased breast size

Emotional: "I just feel pregnant", moodiness, irritability/crankiness

Head:  stuffy nose, runny nose (I'm not sick), increased saliva

Overall:  fatique/ exhaustion

Pelvis: increased cervical fluid, strong smelling urine (although this could be from new prenatals (New Chapter Organics, on sale at Henrys now), spotting (maybe?)

OK, well that's it so far.  I have a very regular cycle and I'm very certain of my ovulation signs although I do not take my temperatures. My work schedule would not allow for this to be practical since I work a mix of both days and nights. My husband has always said that when we start trying we will get pregnant the very first month.  I know this is very optimal thinking and not likely but it is not like him to say something like this but he has been saying it for over a year.  This was our first month of trying so we will see if he is right.  We have a great sexual relationship and hopefully will have a lot of fun with the "trying" part. 

Does anyone else want to post their 2WW symptoms from that list?  Congrats to all the new pregnant mamas!  I hope to join you very soon!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

kylie1, Wow, good info!  I've never heard of it before.  It sounds like there's not a lot you can do to prevent further miscarriage.  So your DD with the translocation has the same one you do?  Are your DD's close in age?  I'm sorry for all the questions.  I'm interested in all things medical and am constantly amazed as to the unique situations we all bring to TTC.  Are you and your DH planning on actively TTC this month? 

Bw/B, that's a whole lot of pregnancy symptoms!  Are any of them ones that you have during your LT normally?  I know that when I'm actively TTC, I interpret all kinds of symptoms as pregnancy symptoms that I normally have because I'm hyper-aware of every tiny thing my body is doing.  A 9-pack of FRER's!!???  I've never seen such a thing.  Even Costco only sells 3 packs.  Wait, are they plain First Response or First Response Early Reults?  If I had a nine pack, I would POAS every day until AF.  But I'm a POAS addict so don't take advice from me orngtongue.gif  I'm going to be super nosy and ask how much a 9 pack costs.  (Can you tell I'm obsessed with sticks you pee on? redface.gif)

Stevi, did Swift come through?

KM84, you hanging in there?

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 PM

AndTheStars:  Actually, I bought three 3 packs so 9 in total.  They were $10something each, down from $17 at CVS and I think the sale ended either today or yesterday.  They are First Response Early Reults which say it can detect 6 days before expected period.  Those are the best/ most sensitive, right?  So hopefully, I will be able to return a pack or two (wishful thinking)!  Focusing on symptoms I don't normally have, I would say the ones that are unique are:

stuffy nose

runny nose 

veiny/bigger/sore boobs (mostly this)

irritable/ moody

exhausted (on and off all day and evening for several days now, which is rare for me)

lots of uterine sensation that I am not used to but I admit this could be that I am being hyper aware.  

I really tried to be objective about my list but I know that can be hard/ deceiving!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Bw/B, Whew!  You had me all in a tizz.  A 9 pack of FRER's is the stuff of dreams.  And $10 is a great deal...hmmmm.   Anyway, the boob thing is the big one for me.  I would say that painful boobs when they are not usually painful is a pregnancy sign more often than not.  At least in first pregnancies.  Once you've nursed a toddler, anything that you feel in your boobs is fair game as far as my experience goes.  I'm still anxiously awaiting a #2 pregnancy to know if that will be a sign for me again or not.  I hope that the next couple days have you running to CVS with your receipt winky.gif

Old 09-03-2011, 10:47 PM

AndTheStars: thank you for that sweet comment! For sure keeping my receipt!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:51 AM

AndtheStars:

Yes-my DD1 has the same translocation. I've explained this to her as much as I can to a 7 year old, and she's a little sad she might not get to be a mother to her own kids someday, but she's decided she'll just adopt kids instead, you have to love children and their plans for the future orngbiggrin.gif Me and my hubby plan on TTC this month, hopefully we'll be lucky this time! Yes, DD1 and DD2 are pretty close in age, 2 years apart.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

kylie1 - I'd never heard of Balanced Translocation before. It's so crazy that our bodies can do that. Then again, it still blows my mind that at the moment of conception, what a baby's face will look like in 20 years is already determined.

andthestars - I'm hanging in there, thanks! I had a really rough/emotional day on Friday, but my husband and I talked through things and decided to tell our parents. Both of our parents had uneventful pregnancies, which was comforting to me. I had assumed my mom had miscarriages with her first husband because they never had kids... turns out he "was such a jerk [she] never wanted to have his kids."

gradstudent - I've still got my fingers crossed for you!

bellawithbaby - Sore boobs are a really common sign, as well as exhaustion/stuff going on "down there." Try to relax if you can though, I think everyone here can cite a month where they had tons of symptoms and came up with a BFN, so try not to drive yourself too nuts thinking about it. 

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 AM

AndtheStars...  No, of course Swift did not come through. Life just doesn't happen that way for me, nothing seems to come easily or predictably. LOL

AAM...   So, cd9 was Swift, cd10 was Sissy, cd11 was Shaggy, and today it will be someone else (probably Sport, who I have used before). I am not happy. I'm happy to be getting my donations every day, but not at all happy with changing my plan of using one donor at a time. Oh well, hopefully they don't all dry up before I ovulate.

Speaking of ovulation, I got my positive OPK today, so ovulation should occur tomorrow. My temping has gone screwy; for some reason I'm not sleeping well again (possibly the caffeine I have been sneaking), so I doubt I will be able to confirm ovulation with a temp rise.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Stevi, with so much of it around, it shouldn't be so hard to get some sperm!  LOL.  I hope that you can get two or three more BD's in.  I sneak caffeine all the time.  In fact, when AF showed up, I was a tiny, tiny bit relieved because it meant that I could drink coffee guilt free for a few more weeks.

GradStudent, we need an update.  Preferrably a photo one with two lines!

KM84, LOL about your mom.  She sounds awesome.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:59 PM

AndtheStars...   Yeah, you would think... I thought what I want was what men wanted so badly?!?! Argh! LOL

Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 PM

Just a quick drive by.  Please move me to waiting to know.  I'm somewhere between 4 and 7 DPO.  Will check back in when I have more time...

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new here. So new that I just wrote an entire post and then hit the "clear" button by accident.

My husband and I are TTC... this month is our first month of really trying, although we have been having unprotected sex for the previous 2 months. I think I ovulated on 8/30... just based on cramps and my cycle length. I should be getting my period 9/13 so I am in the dreaded 2WW.

Thanks for letting me join!!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

pitbull mommy, Welcome!  I added you to Waiting to Know.  Are you having any symptoms that you want to share? 

ALL, here is the link to the new thread http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1328492/the-on-e-ward-thread-september-4-september-11#post_16640636

User Tag List