Bitter Sushi Ladies, September 2011 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 209 Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good Luck Milk8Shake!!!!!  Wishing the best possible test for you!

Sorry I haven't been posting, I have been reading along- Hello to everyone & thinking of you!

Monkey- sorry you're sick, bummer, get well soon!

I gave myself the trigger Friday night, I was confused after reading up about follicle sizes and things today though... if anyone has input on this. My left side had 1 follicle- 14mm, right side had 2- 19 & 20mm, on Thursday, 630am. The doctor ordered my trigger Friday night between 5-10 pm- I did it at 8pm. They expect the follicles to mature 2-3mm per day- They will trigger after 19 mm (sometimes 17 if that's all they have, b/c of the additional growth after trigger). So I would expect to have somewhere around 18/19 on the left, 22-25 each on the right by the time I did the trigger Friday (38 hours later), then the follicles continue to grow approx 24-36 hours before you ovulate, so I'd expect 21-28 for all 3, right? I was reading today that if there are more than 2 'measurable' (over 20mm) follicles, they won't trigger you b/c of too high a risk of multiples. But they told me to trigger, so I am excited to have 3 chances, but now I'm thinking WTH am I gonna do with triplets?!

now the 2ww begins, I start endometrin on Tuesday... ahh the life and trials of a TTCer. Any input?

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#182 of 209 Old 09-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Milkshake - dust.gifhoping and praying for a GREAT test!!!

Monkey- feel better soon!!!!!!!

cbaa- I'm betting they told you to go ahead because even with the trigger, etc..the chances would still be pretty slim for all 3 to actually happen, you know? But personally, I'd be THRILLED with twins : ) Triplets would be alot, but if that's what happened, you would just do whatever you had to do, right?

AFM, still feeling super stressed/worried about my own health. *But* got some wonderful news today of an aquaintance of mine, she's the sister in law of a friend, who is pregnant with twins, after ELEVEN years of trying. That's right. 11 years. She is also 40 yrs old now. I am absolutely thrilled for this couple!!!!! They had basically given up about 4 years ago, but had never avoided or anything. They finally got their miracle. This gives me such hope and inspiration, I can't even describe it. They both had issues. He had low motility and she had pcos. So, it just goes to show, it can happen even with major adversity, issues, and even age.

#183 of 209 Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Milk8, I'm thinking of you! goodvibes.gif I hope that no news is good news. hug2.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#184 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Well, I'm definitely preggo again.  Yep, that's pregnancy number 5.  Ugh.

Anyway, I have a 4.2mm gestational sac, and a 2.1mm yolk sac.  The tech says that puts me at about 5 - 5&1/2 weeks.  No fetal pole as yet. 

By my suspected O date, I would be about 5w4d or 5w5d maybe, so that is pretty reasonable.

I'm just so exhausted, I don't know what to think.  I'm having more bloods, and another scan next week.  Thanks for all the good thoughts

littlest birds likes this.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16**20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#185 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Yay, that's exactly what you want to see at that point! joy.gif Oh, I'm SO glad they're monitoring you so closely. Now for the next 1ww. hug2.gif I'm waiting with you and sending you love!
littlest birds likes this.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#186 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 12:52 PM

Yay Milk8shake! So excited for you!!! Good news. I hope all the bloods and next scan go well too..I know you'll keep us informed!

#187 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)

milk8shake - Glad things are where they should be for now. Praying for continued good news. And glad they're willing to start monitoring early this time. I hope this is your time! Did you get the docs to agree to the prednisone?

cbaa - I think that there's a good chance your smaller follicle wouldn't get triggered. But I don't know. Hoping that you've got a baby or two growing by now! (And hopefully not more than that!)

lilmom - There was actually a study that suggested that people with PCOS actually become more likely to conceive as they get older. I'm definitely holding on to that hope! Sorry for all the stress!

AFM, most of my symptoms are now gone/are better. Except that I'm coughing to the point of almost throwing up. Yuck. I guess I need to get some cough suppressant? I don't think it helps that a lot of drainage seems to be going into my stomach, making me feel more like throwing up.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#188 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Yay, Milkshake!

Feel better, monkey!

Hugs to everyone else.

A and M, June 2012
#189 of 209 Old 09-26-2011, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Just a fly by before bed!

lilmom- we would be overjoyed with however many are in there, I know people selectively reduce... that isn't an option here, so we just believe whatever happens God will provide (and my mom offered to help pay for a nanny!). The story of your friend is inspiring!

milk8shake- praying for a sticky baby, one week feels like an eternity.

I am 1 dpo, so far everything feels good. I hate to put this much stock in 1 cycle, but I really really really hope to be celebrating in two weeks.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#190 of 209 Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM

milk8shake... Hoping with you! So happy that things are going well so far.

I had been peaceful for quite some time, but now seem to have found myself back in the land of total frustration, panic and bitterness:

1) I have this cycle, basically, to get pregnant, if I wish to give birth in my own country. Or, more likely, if it does not happen now, but does happen later, our future plans will get messed up, badly. (Unfortunately, these are plans more out of necessity than want.) Meanwhile, having TTC'd for 44 cycles, what are my chances this cycle... Even with the proper Thyroid meds it has been something like 1,5 years. 

2) The whole SA saga is just frustrating and difficult. At the same time I don't even know that I really want to get it done. (Yes, I keep changing my mind about this.) However, if we don't do it, the clinic will not do anything more for us. 

3) Do I even want them to do more testing, as there is so little left? (Irrational, I know.... I am just frustrated.)

4) This may be the biggest thing at the moment: I feel absolutely humiliated by all this. We are very religious and very private people. I really do not need to be talking about our attempts to have a baby with anyone else. (Especially people who see sexuality quite differently than we do.) I don't mind the people at the clinic but I don't like the idea of relatives and friends waiting to see if anything will ever happen. Yet, they all know, partly due to my earlier mental pain and partly because I have needed help with our dd and with getting to the clinic. Yet, the truth is that we are not trying any more or less than we have been for years. They just did not know about it. I find all this so creepy and all of a sudden really wish I had not told anyone! Telling about the pain was ok for me, even good, but TTC is not something I wish to share.

5) A friend of mine is pregnant. She is someone that I have mentioned here before in my weak and bitter moments. I know that life is not and is not supposed to be fair. Yet, I do not understand why the people that whine the most and treat the kids they already badly, are the ones that end up being able to have more. I feel like asking her is she plans to treat the new baby as badly as she did the older ones. I know I won't, but I will need to leave the room if I see it, and go hyperventilate somewhere. 

Sorry I have been terrible with personals lately. I do read everything and think of all of you every day.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#191 of 209 Old 09-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Hi everyone - thanks so much for all the well wishes 

Monkey - glad you are feeling better - hope that you can kick that cough. 

cbaa2010 - I'd be so happy if you had a little bit of multiples happening!  I always thought that having twins would be divine.  Of course that was before I knew about all my " uterus stuff".

LessTraveledBy - I think it's pretty normal to waver back and forth - I just think that the closer you get to "closure or healing" (or whatever you want to call it), the less often you have the panicky bitter flare ups.  I'm sorry that you are having a hard time deciding about the SA, and I'm sorry that you feel so uncomfortable with all the lack of privacy.  It is surely a less private world than it used to be, and sometimes it seems like everyone wants to be all up in your business.  You are not the only one getting frustrated about people who are not good parents.  With my hospital visits this week and last, I cannot believe the amount of heavily pregnant women standing at the hospital front doors smoking.  It makes me SO ANGRY.  The just do not give a flying f*ck about their babies.  Okay, I'm not a smoker, but I do believe in willpower, and personally, I stopped taking my zoloft as soon as I found out I was pg last time.  Like that day.  I had terrible, terrible, ridiculous vertigo for weeks from the withdrawal - but none of that mattered to me.  Hahah, okay <end rant>

AFM: As Monkey asked, no, I couldn't get the doctors to agree to the prednisone.  He flat out refused, basically.   Said that he thinks at this point the risks (gestational diabetes, osteoperosis, etc) outweigh the benefits.  Hmph.  I'm not sure that I agree.  But, in my incessant pregnant googling, I did find some really interesting info on the role of progesterone in treating NKC.  It makes me wonder if I should have tried the progesterone last time.  (I tried it once with pg #2).  Anyway, I could try and track down the article again if anyone is interested here - because progesterone is considered a pretty standard protocol, and maybe it will be helpful to someone?  (Hopefully me - but you guys too)

Also, I'm off to my shrink appt today.  It will be veeeeerrrryyy interesting.  I've only ever seen a social worker/counsellor, not a proper psychiatrist...

#192 of 209 Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM

LTB - I'm sorry you're having a hard time. hug.gif. IF really is a bear to deal with, as I'm sure you know better than I do. It seems like you could benefit from just going ahead with the last two tests (the SA and the HSG, if I'm remembering correctly) just so you can quit going back and forth about whether it's worth it. But that's just my opinion. I go back and forth about feeling it's really awkward for people to know we're TTC (especially my brothers and ILs) and really feeling the need for their prayers and support. It's extra awkward because I have a 13-year-old BIL. I don't know if he ever got asked to pray for our TTC efforts, but I kind of hope not. I think it would be traumatizing for him. (He's still pretty sheltered, which is odd, as his siblings aren't.)

milk8shake - Sorry the doc wouldn't agree to let you try the prednisone. I can't see how he doesn't think the risk is worth it, when you've had 4 unexplained losses so far. Or does he just not really believe it could ever be helpful? Anyway, still pulling for you!

AFM, I spoke too soon about getting better. Last night was horrendous, as was most of today. The sore throat came back with a vengeance - coughing and swallowing were agony, plus the congestion moved into my nose/ears. dh came home feeling very... snuggly... right as I was laying down for a nap. (We've been trying to give each other some space since we don't want him to get sick, but it's hard!) I ended up crying because I felt so terrible, but decided that since my fever was gone, I'd try some ibuprofen for my throat. I don't know if it was the medicine or the BDing, but I felt a ton better - sore throat is much better, which makes the coughing not so bad. Praying for a good night over here - it seems like I have a terrible time sleeping, and then wake up in the morning feeling 20x worse than the night before because everything has just congealed inside me. Sorry for all the sickness TMI! dh even said, "You haven't been sick like this for a long time, have you?" I reminded him about losing my voice back in January with a nasty upper respiratory infection, but that went away relatively quickly. Dang, January seems like a lifetime ago!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#193 of 209 Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 PM

cbaa- I hope you are celebrating in 2 weeks too! I think when I do start clomid I will feel the same way. Looks like it won't be happening this coming cycle..but maybe next one for me, depending on what happens with my health. Also, I hope you don't think I was implying you would selectively reduce! I wasn't!!! I'm pretty sure nobody on this particular board would, after all our struggles..

LTB- hug2.gif I am so sorry you are having such a tough time!!! I do think maybe you should go ahead with the tests. It really might give you peace of mind. Yes, it is an invasion of privacy, but isn't it an invasion of our privacy anytime we have to deal with ANY health issue? I have been facing a serious loss of my dignity with all the health tests I've been having the past several weeks, and I really, really dislike it. So I understand. I'm pretty modest by nature, and very private in regard to my personal life. I only let loose with you ladies!!! Well, and a few other select friends. Anyway, I think if you go ahead and do all the testing you can, it will give you some sense of having done all you could do. I would hate for you to look back and think "I wish I would have done the testing, just to see". Sometimes indecision itself can really gnaw at your spirit, you know? .... Also, we have very consciously NOT discussed our TTC issues with ANY of DH's family. They are the type who would constantly be asking, constantly saying something and giving unwanted advice. We also have completely different views on TTC than they do, and we just don't even discuss it with them. Once MIL tried to bring it up and we both just said, Yes we would love to have more children, and then DH changed the subject. Some members of my family know. But only recently. And it does bother me, but they are gracious enough to not even ask about it, unless we mentioned it, which we usually don't. I'm rambling here but my point is, I understand wanting to keep it private..... I also get frustrated with people who are mean to their children. Or who don't appreciate them. Or who talk about getting pregnant as if it were a horrible nightmare to be avoided at all costs. I've said it many times, I just do not understand this particular unfairness of life. Especially in the case of families whose only wish in the world is to be wonderful parents.

Milkshake- Hope all goes well at the shrink! Are you taking progesterone this time then? Sorry, you may have already said so and I just forgot. That stinks he won't let you take the prednisone. I hate being at the mercy of medical professionals for this sort of thing sometimes!

Monkey- I hope you get better fast!!!! So sorry!!!! Get plenty of rest. Also, do you have a humidifier? That will help with the congealing business. I use one every single night, as well as an air filter because my allergies, which are non-existent in East Tx, are beyond horrible in West Tx, and if I don't use the humidifier, air filter, plus take my flonase and singulair, I am a poorly functioning wreck. If you rub a little baby rub under your nose and on your chest that may help too..and for the ears, I highly recommend garlic oil. I know you didn't ask, but just thought I'd throw all that out there in case it helps. For that matter, eating raw garlic kills infection. It's tough to take, but it reallllly helps. There's my unsolicited advice for the day. I hope I am not like one of those people who says, "Just relax and it will happen". I just want you to feel better!!!

AFM, DH made me so happy last night by saying, "You are going to be well soon, and before you know it, we'll have a little baby in the house again." I love love LOVE his optimism. It is helping me to focus on positive future things that the major uncertainty of my health drama.

#194 of 209 Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 AM

lilmom - Don't worry, I appreciate your concern! My ears are actually a lot better today. I don't think they're truly infected, just backed up with all the excess mucus running around my respiratory system! I don't have a humidifier... living in Houston, it would be a strange thing to own! But the A/C probably does dry the air a lot. I think it's interesting your allergies are worse in west Texas - my allergies improve significantly when I'm in a desert. But maybe you're in a less desert-y part of west Texas?

AFM, definitely still sick, but slowly improving. Just hoping not to get a sinus infection out of this adventure. dh really wanted to take me to a doctor yesterday when he saw how miserable I still was, but Dr. Google has me pretty convinced that whatever I have is viral, so there's nothing to be done but to rest and hydrate. At least I had my first normal BBT since Saturday this morning. Sadly, I had to turn down my SIL's request to watch my little niece because I don't want to make them sick. Or sicker than they are. Does drought make the cold season come early?? Tons of people down here are sick, and it just seems too soon for all of that!

#195 of 209 Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, I haven't written in a bit but have been reading along faithfully. I've just been feeling so hopeless and to make matters worse I am cd 16 today and af decided to show up.  She keeps coming earlier and earlier I don't know what the heck is going on but it is making me feel so sad and angry at the same time.   I guess it is time to head to the doctor not that I expect much help there, I seem to have lost all my optimism which was what used to keep me going from cycle to cycle.  AHHHHH just writing this is going to make me cry.

Milk8shake - So excited to hear your good news!  Wishing for a sticky baby for you!!

Lilmom - I love your dh's optimism!!!  My dh doesn't talk about another baby anymore, I think he thinks it will never happen.

Monkey - Sorry you have been sick, hope you are on the mend.  And your comment about drought season and the cold - dry air makes it easier for the virus to be transmitted thats why more people get sick in the winter when the cold makes the air drier.

CBAA - I really really really hope this is your lucky cycle!!!

#196 of 209 Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Just a quick pop-in to check on my BSL friends. I see there are several of you over here that are pg and haven't come over to the grad thread. Please come liven the place up a bit. Posting over there is so sporadic. I miss the quick back and forth this thread has. (Do I say that every time I post over here? I really do miss the conversation!)

Wishing you ladies all the best. grouphug.gif

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#197 of 209 Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Monkey- Just like Smiles said, the dry, desert-y-ness is what really messes me up. I need the humidity! I need the rain! And also, I think I am allergic to various plants, etc that do grow here. I feel GREAT when I am in a humid climate. That's why I suggested the humidifier to you, just in case that could be part of your problem. Glad to hear you are improving though!

Smiles-hug2.gif I'm so sorry that AF showed already!!!! Definitely time to go to the doctor! I'm also so sorry that it seems like optimism is totally eluding you. I have been there so many times. But maybe the Dr. can help you! Have you tried taking progesterone? It just seems like something has to be going on for AF to be getting earlier and earlier, and there must be something that can be done! Hang in there. See if you can figure out what the cause is, and then maybe you can get some hope back. I'm praying for you and thinking about you.

Lavatea- Glad to see you are still doing well! Sorry it's so slow over there. I sure hope more of us BSL's can get over there soon and keep you company.

AFM, today was a bad day. I was in a lot of pain and was throwing up again last night. I thought I was doing a little better so this has been highly disappointing. Y'all please keep praying for me. At this point, I'm just hoping they tell me something on Friday. If they don't tell me much of anything from this test or don't have a plan of action, I will be going to a Dr. in a bigger city. This is ridiculous. I need to know what is wrong with me so I can work on getting well. And I'm scared. Really scared, that my problem is not going to be ttc, but surviving for the husband and child I already have.

#198 of 209 Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 PM

Good Evening BSL.  Thinking of all of you.  

Smiles- so sorry.  I have also felt the optimism failing me a lot recently.  It is work to keep hoping, but I think we need to try to do it anyway.  Positive thinking is probably an asset to our mission.  Hope you can find some answers.

Lilmom- Let your DH's words and support help carry you forward.  It is wonderful to have a partner who loves and supports you.  We are all pulling for you.  You are going to find out what is wrong and get to healing.  

Monkey-Your virus sounds like it really sucks.  Hope you kick it really soon.

Cbaa- Fingers crossed that the clomid did it for you.

Milk8shake-Hope the visit to the counsellor went well.  I would go all the time if life and money allowed.  It is great to have someone to go talk to IRL that you don't feel like you are burdening with your struggles (unlike unloading them all on my sister).  Although, I find hearing about everyone's struggles here to be more of supportive sisterhood than a burden.

LTB- It is really hard that other people get involved in your private life when you are TTC.  Even friends and family asking "aren't you going to have another one?" can become too a personal question when the answer is we are trying constantly, not to mention the medical people's invasion of our privacy.  I wish I had words of wisdom here, but it is something that I struggle with too.  

Sorry I do not have personal thoughts for all of you wonderful ladies today.

AFM- CD 6 here.  I usually O about CD 12.  I hope that this upcoming ovulation is a stronger one.  My last progesterone test is much higher than the previous one, but still a bit lower than it should be.  I hope it keeps climbing and that it makes the difference.  My DH's parents are coming next week to stay for a week.  I am really glad my DD will have time with her grandparents from the other coast and I know we will have fun, but I am sure it will still stress me out a bit.

Take care all

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#199 of 209 Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 AM

Ugh.... Just responded to everyone and then lost the message. Thus this will be just a quick update.

Still totally quiet on the fostering front. I heard from someone that she is right now having the longest time between placements that she has ever had, by far. So, at least we are not alone in still waiting. I really can't wait. I know that if I got a call today about a 2 y.o., I would most likely say yes, even though we are supposed to get calls about babies, only.

My experience with the clinic is turning out to be exactly what I had expected, that is, rather negative. The first doctor I saw treated me with such kindness and listened to my whole long thing about my fertility history (as she was supposed to, it being the first appoitment). Then I had the ultrasound with a different doctor, and he was quite the opposite. He called me yesterday and seemed upset I had asked him to call. (Which I had not done. The nurse I had called about my lab results was the one who had made the request, as she did not know enough about the results to comment.) Not only did this doctor not prescribe progesterone for me, he claimed my labs were perfect. Ummm.... yeah.... I know the progesterone test showed I had ovulated. There has not really ever been any doubt in about that, anyway. However, I had looked up the ranges of the lab online and it seems I am not within the recommended range for enough progesterone after ovulation, although I am close to it. Now, who knows how much a single progesterone tests tells, anyway. I get that. Yet, that phone call and his way of speaking to me left me a complete mess. Basically, I feel like I am in a hole, and there is no one to help. I felt this before testing, also, but then had some hope when the first doctor actually seemed to care. She had tried to think about what they could do for us, really . (Suggested clomid with ultrasounds, which I think they basically never do in a situation like mine. This doctor seemed to respect our right to make decisions.) As far as I can, I am going to avoid this doctor from now on. The never say who you will be seeing, but I will try to find out the names and make sure I don't need to deal with this one! (Either he is always rude or has a problem with my faith. He questioned me about in a way that I found rather od and unfitting to a medical professional.)

EDITED TO ADD: I just called the clinic and found out the names of the doctors, both the nice and and the not to nice one. I feel much better now, feeling like I have some power. However, I heard that I am not allowed to choose between doctors for the HSSG, because they never know beforehand who will be in the room at the time. (WTH?) The discussion about how to continue will be at the same time, so it really does matter who I get. Or maybe not really, as I know the few options I have...well, really, Clomid or not, that is the extent of my options, and I don't doubt that either doc would prescribe that. The nurse on the phone was very nice and we even had a laugh about the fact that, apparently, I had had two experiences different enough to make me call. I stressed that there had been no argument or anything but that I sure would like to avoid the one... If i get the "wrong one," the time meant for figuring things out and planning the future will be spent on a lecture about how I should not be on natural dessicated thyroid medicine. Thank you very much, but it gave me my life back. I would rather feel well than unwell, trying to have a baby. Without my "Canadian Armour" I might as well crawl on the couch and die.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#200 of 209 Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Cbaa - Yeah for the Trigger shot...My Dr. office look for the follicils to be 15mm.  So, it sounds like you have at least a couple of really good chances.  Hope this the cycle for you!!

Smiles - So sorry you are struggling! Maybe the Doctors can do something for you.  I hope you can find peace no matter what the final outcome is.hug2.gif

Monkey - FYI - I got pregnant the one time I had the flu and I was as sick as you are now!!  :)   They gave me a steriod shot or something? to begin w/ because they thought it might be allergies.  Of course, now I wonder if that had something to do with it.  Hope you feel better soon.

lilmom - hug2.gif I hope you get some answers soon.

LTB - I can't believe you can't choose which Doctor you see.  That is totally crazy. You mentioned something about moving?? (or rather not having the baby in your country).  Do you think maybe if you move you might find a better clinic?  Does your clinic do letrozole as an alternative to clomid?  FYI - soy isoflavonoids sp? are supposed to work like clomid...but I'm not a doctor.  ;)

Milkshake - Hope the "shrink" was able to help you.  Sometimes it is really helpful to talk with someone outside of your friends & family that can give you a good honest view of things.  Plus, their job is to support you and with everything you've been through a little extra support couldn't hurt.

***So now I'm just waiting on AF to show as I'm pretty sure I didn't O.  Dr. said we could do a letrozole cycle next month, but we may have travel issues which will put it off for another month.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#201 of 209 Old 09-29-2011, 02:12 PM

Oh man, I have been soo AAM.  Just so you all know, I have been reading along, I have just been too lazy - that's right, lazy - to do personals.

I will come back and catch up tonight, after work - Ugh!

#202 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 AM

wissa19:  So, what happened with you?  Has the witch shown her face?  I hope the "travel issues" are something holiday related, at least?

LessTraveledBy: LOL - I love how your "quick updates" are still huge.  If I lose all my posts, I swear a bunch, and log off!!

I'm sorry that the doctors were so different, and the bad one was well, bad!  It frustrates me to think how much easier all of this journey would be for all of us if the medical side of it were less difficult.  Especially dealing with the doctors.  I get that they are human, but some of them are just so in the wrong line of work it is not funny.

CA Country Girl: I hope that you still manage to get some "quality time" in! You should be just about gearing up to O, right?  Will you be going on progesterone when you get your bfp?

In laws can be fun hey?  Mine are nice people, but having them in the house is a challenge.  Even DP reckons his tolerance threshold is three days.  I think that's pretty accurate.  lol.gif

lilmom:  How are you feeling today?  It's Friday here, so I'm guessing you get your results tomorrow?  I don't know what to hope for for you, but I guess I hope that they find something that is mild and fixable, so you can get back on the baby bandwagon asap.  I certainly don't mean to make light of your fears, because they are understandable.  I hope you can update us when you're able.  Sending much love to you. blowkiss.gif

Smilesarefree: Cuss.gif Cuss.gifCuss.gifCuss.gifCuss.gifCuss.gif

16 day cycle?  What the hell is that?  For heaven's sake!  It's not fair at all.  Once again, I'm a bit of a know nothing, but can I boss you into getting some fricken' hormone tests already!?  AF once a fortnight is just plain cruel...  hug2.gif

monkeyscience:  How are you feeling love?  I too consult Dr Google on all important matters!  I really hope you are feeling better.

AFM:  Still nothing much to report.  My shrink appt was fine.  The doc was nice, and she does a lot of work with maternal fetal medicine, so I think she gets the "issues".  She said that I can see her once a fortnight, or however often I need to.  It really is great to talk to someone on the outside, it's a lot easier, and yeah, there is no "burdening" guilt.  But talking is exhausting though.  I could sleep for a week after a good therapy session!!

#203 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 AM

Milkshake - haha witch should be here at the end of next week. Just in time for a big family & Friends function where well meaning old people will ask (I'm sure) when we plan on having another baby.  I just hate it when I have to smile and be polite but vague.  Maybe I should start saying "When God gets around to it".  And the travel is not Holiday related :(.  It's work related, & I just can't DH saying I can't go I have to stay home and uh get busy with my wife.  winky.gif

I'm glad your therapist seems nice and is familiar with TTC issues.  I'm also glad you have someone you can go to if and when you need to!  It's true I sometimes feel I burden my mom and couple of close friends too much with my IF issues.

Smiles - I think Milkshake has a point.  Some hormone tests might be a good idea.  Sometimes it's better to know what your fighting against.  I put off having the HSG because I was afraid there was sometimes wrong with my tubes...and it turns out there was!!  I could have had that issue taken care over a year ago. 

lilmom - Waiting to hear some news. hug2.gif

AFM - I have been talking to my ovaries again.  However, it has occurred to me that I'm always encouraging them or talking nice.  So next month I'm going to threaten them "If you can't work I'm going to take the strongest ovulation drugs I can find and then you'll have to work!! and if that doesn't work I can always have you taken out! " 

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#204 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Milk8shake and Wissa - I did have my hormone levels tested in the spring after I had an 106 day cycle and they all came back normal, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them tested again- if my doc would agree to do it again so soon.  I am so irregular now that something must be up, a 16 day cycle is not normal, I have had 18, 19, and 21 day cycles recently as well as 31 and 35 day cycles.  I haven't even made it to a 2ww in months which is depressing in itself, I don't even get to hope for 2 weeks!! 

Lilmom - You mentioned in an earlier post that you got you egg levels checked or something like that?  Could you elaborate?  I am always fearful of menopause and if that is what is going on with me I'd like to know it.

#205 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 AM

GOOD NEWS!!!!! I had my scope, and the news is good. The Dr. said my stomach, esophagus, intestine all looked good, however I seem to have a nerve wrapped around my liver and gallbladder. He said they can't unwrap it, but I can take muscle relaxants that hopefully will help it. It can be triggered by all sorts of things..moving heavy objects, *pregnancy* which would explain why it was so bad when I was pregnant with DS and also why it started up again when I had the chemical pregnancy this summer. So, the good news is, it won't kill me..the bad news is, the meds don't seem to be compatible with pregnancy, but I am going to talk to the ob.gyn and see if there is an alternative. I know when I was pg with DS, they gave me Darvacet and it helped some, but not entirely and I was scared to take too much, obviously. So, when I get pg again, I know I will be in bad pain. But at least now I know it won't kill me. And I survived it with DS. So I'm sure I would again. Anyway, he also said it does mimic gallbladder trouble and I need to avoid spicy foods and garlic, which are pretty much my favorites. So that is going to be sad, but I am willing to do whatever I need to do. I'm just pleased as punch though at these good results. He did do a biopsy to check for celiac disease, but he didn't think that was likely. OH, and that fluid I was so freaked out about, the Dr. said was absolutely nothing and so tiny that he said he wasn't sure why the MRI guy even reported it. Way to freak me out for nothing, crazy alarmist nurse who called me and scared me to death! Anyway, since I am sooo skeptical of the entire medical community, I am hoping this truly is the RIGHT diagnosis. It makes sense though, because my mother and grandmother both had what they always called "gallbladder issues" but never had any tests show gallbladder trouble, and never had them removed. So this is probably a genetic anomaly i am suffering from here.

So, TTC wise, I need to figure out how to manage this pain, but then I can get back on the bandwagon! I'm not sure if I want to go for it this month or try to give my body some time to calm down. I have my Clomid ready to go..but we'll see if I am ready by CD5. not sure I will be, since AF should be arriving very soon. Maybe, if there is something i can take safely while ttc and pg though..

Thanks soooo much for all the love ladies. You all are amazing!!!

Smiles- Yes, I had the egg test..they tested my anti-Mullerian hormone. You can do this on any day of the cycle. This does not necessarily reflect egg quality, but it DOES reflect egg quantity. So, it's a "how many eggs do you have left to work with" type thing. I think FSH tests egg quality, and I have not had that one done. I think that is a CD3 test. If anyone knows more about that, please fill Smiles and me in!!!

I was really glad I requested this test though, because it made me feel good to know that I am not on the verge of running out of eggs or anything like that. now, whether my eggs are good or not..I don't know..but I have heard that royal jelly and Clomid can help with that. Comments anyone?

More personals when I feel better. I need to lie down and rest but wanted to update. Thanks again girls!

#206 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 12:25 PM

smiles - That is really concerning about your cycle. greensad.gif It really does sound like menopause, which would be terrible. Then again, I had a friend give birth a few months ago who had also gone into premature menopause (she's about 30, I think) but still got pregnant. Would you consider seeing a different doctor, or do you feel like your doc is still pretty good overall? Super-short cycles are something they should take seriously, though. Are they anovulatory cycles? Hoping and praying for you!

lava - wave.gifGood to see you! I enjoy stalking you ladies on the grad thread... glad to see it more active over there lately!

CACG - Good luck with O! Hopefully the increasing progesterone numbers are a good sign!

LTB - GRRR about the bad doc experience! And that totally stinks that you can't choose who you see.

wissa - I've been taking so much medication for my sick that I shudder to think what would happen to the baby if I were to get pregnant. Probably wouldn't ever even implant with all that stuff in my system! Hope you can get things figured out for next cycle. Have you done letrezole before? A lot of people find that it takes them a long time to respond to it - like follicles would be ready around CD 16-20 or so, instead of around CD 14. Just something to consider. And I think it's okay to only speak nicely to your ovaries!

milk8shake - Glad the shrink appointment went well, and that she is understanding of the issues you're facing. You'd think all mental health professionals would realize that if something upsets you, they need to take it seriously, whether or not they would personally find it upsetting. But it seems like a lot of them never got that memo. Hoping and praying and waiting for more good news from you!

lilmom - So glad you got some answers!! And that they're at least sort of good! It stinks they can't really 'fix' your problem, but hopefully knowing what is going on (and, like you said, knowing it won't kill you) will help you deal with it. Good luck with figuring out the next steps for TTC!

AFM, I FEEL LIKE A PERSON AGAIN!! I mean, I'm definitely still congested and coughing, but the feeling that death would be preferrable to my condition has passed. I feel sort of weak and light-headed, but it's definitely a feeling of "convalescing" more "still wallowing in sickness". It's sort of hard to explain. I finally seem to have beat the sore-throat-huge-effort-to-swallow feeling, which helps a lot. I imagine it will still be another week or so till I'm completely back to normal, but at least I feel like I actually want to do things again. I've already done a couple of loads of laundry today, as well as cleaning up the kitchen a bit, so I can tell I'm getting my energy back. (I did wake up with a terrible, awful headache, so I took medicine and went back to sleep until about 10:30, so I'm not turning into Wonder Woman or anything!) Anyway, thanks again for listening to me whine so much!

#207 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Lilmom - Glad you found out what is up and glad it is good news - too bad it can't be fixed but great to know what is going on.  Thanks for the test info, I'd really like to know what I've got left for eggies in me, so I think I will ask for the test.

Monkey -  Glad you are feeling more human!!!  I don't think my cycles are anovulatory, at least not all of them, I don't temp but use opk's and always get my day or 2 of positives but I decided to give up doing them a few months ago hoping that would help stop some of my obsessing so I can't be sure about the last few cycles.  I'm in Canada and switching doctors is not an easy thing to do, even just getting a doctor is not easy, I do like my doctor but we'll see how my next appointment goes, I always feel stupid going to the doctor, I feel like I should only be going if I have something life threatening! Silly I know, I think that comes from having a nurse for a mother who only took us to the doctor when we were really really really sick!

#208 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Happy Friday everyone

Lilmom- Yeah!  So happy to hear good news for you.  

Milkshake- Glad for the good appointment with the shrink.  So far my acupuncturist thinks that my progesterone will stabilize without taking any, but I will be reconsidering that if it does not keep going up.  Funny, my DH says the same thing about guests.  I think there is an expression- after 3 days guests and fish start to stink?  He pretty much believes that even when it is his folks.  There are a few people (women mostly) I wish lived with us- my sister or best friend could move in and I would be so happy.  I would be really into the sister wife concept if it was just sharing laundry, cooking, and gossip, but I couldn't do the sharing a husband thing.

Monkey- So happy you are finally on the mend.

Smiles- go for the tests again girl.  I agree with Wissa; it is best to know what you are up against and thinking about it without knowing what's up is just stressful.  I guess this is something that I definitely believe in because I can be obsessive and get anxiety about health things.  Last time I went to see a therapist she told me to address all health concerns directly instead of letting myself just get worked up about it for long periods of time before I dealt with it.

Wissa- I hate the "when are you going to have another baby" question.  I have taken to saying "We're trying" and changing the subject.  I can no longer keep the edge out of my voice either.  I know people mean well, but that question really bites.

AFM, had fun hanging out with DD in Kindergarten again this morning.  Looking forward to O "quality time" (as Milkshake termed it) over the next week.  Could October be our lucky month?  Here's to hoping.  Hugs to everyone.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#209 of 209 Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Hope no one minds, but I went ahead and started the October thread. I also put a little survey in the first post you can fill out if you like. I hope none of the questions are too intrusive - definitely feel free not to answer if you don't want to! Or feel free to add more if you think of it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page