Cellist

Ish'smom

jennyvangy

JMJ

littlestinkers BFPChart2.gif

mamathomas

September Thread Hostess SKJ2011

Please put all changes in bold

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies!  Here's to a reproductive September dust.gif

I have done some thread maintenance to keep things manageable.  If your name has been removed from this list and you would like it added back, please let me know.

Also, please let me know of any changes that should be made to your blurb or your "location" on the list.

Thanks!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#3 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the new thread SKJ!

Unfortunately AF showed up this morning, so can I please get you to move me to waiting to O, and I supposed my stats need to change to 4th pp AF now too. Oh, and could you please add my chart too? Here's the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f28e6

I'm doing my best to focus on all the positives right now, despite being so dissappointed, as I so wanted a spring baby this time. But on the bright side, this was my earliest O date since DD was born, and despite nursing, my luteal phase seems nice and long. I'm also happy that, even with terribly wonky temperatures, I did correctly identify my O date, which makes me a little more confident that I'm not going to miss an opportunity by misjudging when I O'd.

Good luck to the mamas still in the game!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#4 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Carlin - sorry that af.gif showed up.  She really sucks.  It's great that your LP is longer though!  That's a success to me.  My LP has only been 7 or 8 days since I've been charting.  If I got a decent LP this time, I'd be almost as happy as a BFP (ok, not really orngtongue.gif). Great also that your charting skills seems to be top notch!  If you get a chance to look at my chart, I'd be curious for your thoughts on when I O'ed.  I feel like FF is way off and I O'ed on Tuesday b/c my CF dried up during the day on Wednesday and I finally got a temp spike today.

#5 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 AM

SKJ - Thanks for the new thread!!

Carlin - So sorry this isn't your month.  I'm really hoping for a spring baby also.  Maybe that's why it's not happening for me yet ;)  I've kind of given up on that dream and now I just want an anytime of year baby!!  Although June is still a pretty nice month.

AFM, I'm on 2DPO.  Only 12 more to go . . .  Oh, I found out at my new midwife appointment yesterday that my cervix is angry, lol.  She says it looks like scarring, maybe my cervix tore some during my son's birth.  I wouldn't be surprised at all.  I had a cervical lip that had to be manually moved by the midwife and he was born with a nuchal arm.  I really liked the midwife, now I just need to get pregnant!

#6 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks SKJ,

I've got to agree with your interpretation. I think you O'd Tuesday or maybe even yesterday. I'm not sure how the OPK results fit in there though. I've never used them, as they seem pretty finicky to me. As much as I love charting, sometimes I think FF is just not detailed enough. I wish there were more categories for CF for instance, and I don't think it does a great job calculating O dates if your chart's not totally text book (and sometimes even when it is!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJ2011 View Post

Updated to here

Carlin - sorry that af.gif showed up.  She really sucks.  It's great that your LP is longer though!  That's a success to me.  My LP has only been 7 or 8 days since I've been charting.  If I got a decent LP this time, I'd be almost as happy as a BFP (ok, not really orngtongue.gif). Great also that your charting skills seems to be top notch!  If you get a chance to look at my chart, I'd be curious for your thoughts on when I O'ed.  I feel like FF is way off and I O'ed on Tuesday b/c my CF dried up during the day on Wednesday and I finally got a temp spike today.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#7 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks SKJ!!  Heading out tomorrow for a long weekend away.  I will either come back with news of AF or of a positive HPT on Tuesday!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#8 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM

Hello September! Thank SKJ for hosting!

Carlin- Sorry to hear about AF, but glad to hear you have a long LP so that conception may at least be possible!

Zoe- Sounds like we are in similar places. I found a midwife I like and I'm 2 DPO. I hope this is the month for us! I at least hope I have a longer LP. That will make me feel a lot more confident about TTC.

ETA: Please move me to the TWW.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#9 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you SKJ for hosting this thread again. :)  It definitely looks like a temp spike to me.  I hope that you find clarity soon on your chart. 

Carlin, I'm sorry that AF showed up.  You have a great attitude, though!

Zoe & Texasfarmom--What are the advantages to finding a MW while TTCing?  I have insurance and so go to the OBGYN who is fine and gets my labs ordered, etc. but then when I'm preg. I'll visit a MW.  How have you done it?

Ava's Mama--Have a great weekend--I'll be looking for your post and hoping that you get a BFP!

I looked at my charts & realized that I'm on my 4thPP cycle and TTCing for 8 months.  Trying not to get discouraged looking at the "8" over there. innocent.gif

Having tough luck with OPKs.  The control line doesn't come up right away and it seems so light (with no test line at all).  Does this seem right?

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#10 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

Zoe & Texasfarmom--What are the advantages to finding a MW while TTCing?  I have insurance and so go to the OBGYN who is fine and gets my labs ordered, etc. but then when I'm preg. I'll visit a MW.  How have you done it?

I made my initial appointment with this midwife in May, right after I had my IUD removed and KNEW I wasn't going back to my old medwife practice.  I have a good friend that birthed with her last August and I know she is really busy and books up quickly.  I was due for my 3-year pap so I made the appointment to become a new patient and have it done with the homebirth midwife.  My appointment got bumped a few times and I finally got in to see her this week.  In my perfect world I will never step into an OB office again :)  Oh yeah, major bonus of this midwife is that she takes my insurance!

#11 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Hi all!  I haven't been following the thread thru July or August as I realized I wasn't yet close to being ready to TTC and summer was just too busy for me to keep up with posts.  But I'm back!

DS is 13 months old and no PP AF yet.  Although I am recently back at work and hopeful that now that I'm not nursing during the work day AF will arrive some time soon!  (I do pump once but correct me if I'm wrong, that is different than DS actually BFing)  I have been having menstrual like cramps for the last week but since I haven't been charting I don't know what they mean (yes, I know, I should start.  Been lazy!).

I would like to say I am in the TTC camp right now, but the *plan* is to wait until after Christmas to TTC.  So I guess add me to "waiting to be ready".

Thanks!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#12 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

Zoe- Sounds like we are in similar places. I found a midwife I like and I'm 2 DPO. I hope this is the month for us! I at least hope I have a longer LP. That will make me feel a lot more confident about TTC.

How fun, we can be testing buddies :)  I'm really hoping for NO spotting this month.  I still have 6 cheapie tests from Amazon so I'll probably do my first test on 9/9, and then maybe every other day until I either get a positive or start AF.

#13 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Welcome back nstewart!  

sraplayas - I've been using wondflo OPKs from amazon.  The control line is usually fairly dark.  The test line is always there for me, but sometime really, really faint.  I've also been corroborating my results with a CBE digi.  So far, they match up with maybe 1 day of error.

zoe and texasfarmom - here's to hoping for longer LPs with no spotting!  I think I'm 1 day behind you both, so if you could warm up the BFPs for me, that'd be great winky.gif

#14 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Go ahead and update me to "Waiting to O" since it actually turned to real blood last night last night. I'm kinda glad, as I started panicking about conceiving on such a long cycle right after a miscarriage.. I didn't get to take my temp this morning an see if it finally went down, but since I got a BFN yesterday I'm going to assume this is just AF. its still at a light-medium today and I'm not getting the major cramping and bloating, even though I've been running around a bunch this morning. Dermatologist to get my stitches out from having a mole removed....to the library to pick up some new reads, which ended up turning into taking DS to a baby storytime that I thought they had cancelled. It makes me sad to see all the women who are pregnant or have young babies and also have toddlers. I would really like that....but at the same time I do well to manage with DS without being tired and nauseaed.....or packing two around, haha. I also got cake supplies to do a test run of DS's birthday cake.

I told DH that since we're getting ready to move to a house (from an apartment, Yay!!!) at the end of this month, and DSs birthday is coming up at the beginning of October and what not that I'm just going to leave this cycle alone and try to not worry about things. Not trying not preventing kinda thing. I'm not going to do the EPO. I don't think I ovulated the cycle after my first PPAF, but I did the next cycle two cycles, CD 21. When we didn't get pregnant I started taking the EPO and then my cycles got really long. I wondered if I'm doing it to myself? I considered trying soy...but I'm still not sure how I feel using it while nursing. I'll still temp but I'm just going to write them down on a piece of paper and chart them every so often. I get way too crazy trying to analyze it. I'm not using OPKs either. I obsess over those too. I just want to see what happens with my O date if I do nothing and don't stress about it. I'm mostly just charting so I'll have documentation just in case.

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#15 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM

SKJ - Thank you for the new thread.  I guess you can go ahead and put that I've been TTC for 6 months and that my son is 3 yrs old, I have no fricken clue what PPAF I am on, LMAO!!

Everyone else - I kind of skimmed through the posts of August, but there were WAY too many for me to remember anything or to adequately respond to anyone's posts.  I will be keeping up with September though, and look forward to getting back in to the mix of things.

AFM - I started coughing occassionally about a week before my miscarriage and it was pretty bad a week after, plus I had a low grade fever.  My MWs told me to see my PCP to make sure I did not have an upper respiratory infection. Of course, when I called my PCP (who I LOVED and searched long and hard for!) was on medical leave AND the office was under new management.  They are now a "no appointment" office...so I was a little worried about the kind of care they give now, but I was able to go in that day, so yay!  He found a mild ear infection and I have been on Augmentin for about 6 days now.  The cough is slowly dying and the antibiotics did take a little stress off my body, hopefully the ear infection will be gone when I go in for a recheck tomorrow and my body will only be healing from two things.  As of today (2 wks post miscarriage on Sun), I still have some very very light spotting that is dark brown in color.  So hopefully that will end soon and DH and I can start discussing when we will try again.  I have a two MW team, one said she recommends three normal cycles before trying again, the other recommends one.  Which would be fine, except my ONE normal cycle would be the same amount of time as anyone's THREE normal cycles, and three of my normal cycles would mean that we probably wouldn't be trying again for nearly a year which is not something I can do, since I've already waited 3 years to try for the bean we lost....so we'll see how DH feels...

Good luck everyone!!!  I hope September brings MANY more success stories than August did!

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#16 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Sraplayas- I used an OB with my first and had a really great hospital experience, but even before my first I knew I wanted a homebirth with a mw. My doula was also a mw, but she moved recently, as did the person who would have been my second choice. So, there is only ONE mw left in town and I wanted to "get my foot in the door" while TTC so hopefully she'll be more likely to take me on as a client when I am pregnant. Also, a mw can help with TTC questions and suggestions, and also order labs. I don't believe the midwives in this area ever did annuals or anything like that though.

Zoe- I am going to TRY to hold out until at least 12 DPO. I think I have only 4 internet cheapies left. Honestly, this is the first month I think there *might* be a valid chance of me conceiving. So I don't want to blow any more tests expecting to see a BFN as I've done in the past.

Vent to follow...I have really been obsessing over NPC (as if ya'll couldn't tell! innocent.gif) lately. Our little town actually carries NPC, come to find out, at the health store. So I go down there to see what brands they carry and get some. Well, the bottle they carry actually does say not to use while lactating or trying to get pregnant so I wasn't going to get that particular brand anyway. I told the lady who was helping me I wanted to use NPC for fertility to lengthen my LP and asked if she knew anything about that. "Actually I do, " she says. Then she goes on the tell me bfing is a natural way to prevent pregnancy and I will have to wean if I want to get pregnant. God has designed it this way so our bodies have a chance to rest between pregnancies ect. I should not use NPC while bfing and lots of things can get in the breast milk. I don't want to give my baby hormones do I?! I told her I have actually read and done a lot of research on the subject as well as talked to my mw about it. She continues to treat me as if I know nothing. I should just be patient and enjoy the baby I have, she advises. She said more but I can't think of what all she said b/c I was already so irritated listening to her! angry.gif

I'm already 2 DPO. Shouldn't I be using NPC *now* if I'm going to? I won't have any for several days if I order it off the net though and don't plan on going in to the big city any time soon. greensad.gif I just feel the B6 might help this time, but I wanted the extra supplement to help as well. And I think our timing was REALLY good this month! But, my LP has to be long enough...

I probably ramble and repeat myself way too often...shy.gif

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#17 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm still waiting on that first PP egg. 2whistle.gif  I get periodic cramping, so think it's any day now, but nothing yet.

Here's to September!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#18 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm still in the 2WW.  AF is very overdue.  I've taken several HPT and they are all negative.  I went in for a blood test to check for hCG in my system.  I'm having pain on my lower right side and want to rule things out.

Also, the Dr. said I really need to do core strengthening and get my pelvic floor muscles back in shape.  So go ahead and remove me from the thread.  I think I need to take a break from TTC until I heal.

Thank you everyone!  Wishing you all the best. smile.gif

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#19 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

RavenStar - hug2.gifHope your body heals swiftly.  We will be here when you are ready.

Ladies, I wanted to let you know that I've tried to make the front page of the thread more readable.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to further improve it.

#20 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

texasfarmom - Sorry you had to deal with such unsolicited advice.  Grrr!  I've been using Pro gest and while it warns against using while nursing, everything I've read is that using natural progesterone cream is safe to use while nursing.  I would ask you midwife to be sure though.  

#21 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hi SKJ, I had a little difficulty at first finding my name on there, because of the grey font color... maybe I need a vibrant orange or something... thanks for being threadkeeper again, by the way!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJ2011 View Post

RavenStar - hug2.gifHope your body heals swiftly.  We will be here when you are ready.

Ladies, I wanted to let you know that I've tried to make the front page of the thread more readable.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to further improve it.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#22 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Ravenstar, best wishes... I understand where you are coming from, and hopefully when you do come back it will be with awesome news!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#23 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 PM

I took most of August off of paying any attention to ttc...but I've been good about charting for the last few days, and caught a temp spike, and then yesterday started spotting...the first of any type of spotting/AF since PP (ds born 5/10).

What's an average first PP AF like?  Before being PG, I had PMS, and my periods were super heavy, and always came on right away...so this asymptomatic brown/pink tinged spotting is bizarre to me.  Could it be implantation spotting?  Or AF?  I had a week from 8/17-26 where my breasts were extremely tender, and I was bloated and crampy, so I think I O'd sometime during that week, though FF doesn't give me crosshairs.

Whatever this spotting is, I am glad for it, because it either means I am pregnant or (finally) eligible to become pregnant!

#24 of 337 Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the shiny new thread, SKJ

Carlin: Boo hiss for AF. But a long LP is a very good consolation prize for sure!

Welcome back, nstewart!

Hi Bugglette, I'm glad to hear you got through the m/c ok. My first m/c was at almost 10 weeks and I was told to just wait one cycle. Good luck with your decision hug2.gif

texas: I'm using npc for the first time this cycle too. I started using it at 3dpo. My research also found that it is fine while nursing. There is a woman on another thread who did IVF, was still nursing her toddler and using progesterone suppositories under the direction of an RE.

Raven: Heal well.

Afm: 6DPO today. My chart is still looking so much like last month's chart...almost identical pattern. I have no symptoms yet. Last cycle I started getting cramping and nipple sensitivity on 7DPO so I hope I wake up with both  winky.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#25 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 AM

texasfarmom Sorry to hear about the bad advice at the health food store. I hate to think how many moms she's convinced to wean.

Carmen I hope this is the month!!

afm My chart is making me sad. greensad.gif I'm on cd 30-something & ff says I might be fertile? What? I thought I O'd 10 days ago. Breasts are super tender like they were when I was pregnant. Sigh.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#26 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 AM

I think I've finally got a positive OPK! a line as dark as the control appeared right away and I have loads of EWCM too (I thought I had a positive one earlier in the week but now that I look at it I don't think the line was as dark as the control and I didn't have a temp rise). 

I am SO excited. I really hope this is finally happening! I decided to try soy isoflavones 13 days ago and I cut back on the amount dd was nursing 2. I'm wondering if that is what has made the difference. I so hope my temp rises over the weekend.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the new thread SKJ!

me(33), DH (35), SAHM to DD (Jan '02), DS (Sept '08) DD2 (Nov '09) DD3 (June '12) (, mostly    MC Jan '09, Sept '11, ectopic Dec '13   due 10/09/14
#27 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 05:41 AM

texasfarmom - How frustrating!!  I just talked to my midwife about using NPC.  She said that it will lower my milk supply but obviously if I'm trying to get pregnant I know that is a side effect I'll be dealing with eventually whether I use NPC or not.  Even though my son is 3 and I'm not at all worried about loosing supply, I still hesitate to use the NPC.  I think mostly because you then have to use it for the whole 1st trimester and it just seems like a huge PITA to me.  But that's just me.  I don't think there is any harm in using it.  Plenty of people use it to get pregnant and hold a pregnancy through the 1st trimester.  If you are going to use it this cycle I think you need to start now.

AFM, I got another nice temp spike today and my CH on FF.

#28 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 AM

zoe - yay for CH, fc for you your temp stays up and you're reporting a BFP soon

me(33), DH (35), SAHM to DD (Jan '02), DS (Sept '08) DD2 (Nov '09) DD3 (June '12) (, mostly    MC Jan '09, Sept '11, ectopic Dec '13   due 10/09/14
#29 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 AM

Zoe, Niniel - Yay for Oing!

Em, Carmen and everyone else in the 2ww - Fingers crossed for you mamas. We need a few more BFPs around here!

Texas - Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that! Can you go pick up the cream when someone else is on duty, or is she it?

Geigerin - Don't worry about what FF says. When it comes right down to it, it's pretty much just a dumb spreadsheet program, so it gives you the 'possibly fertile' reading any time you enter wet or EWCM, high soft cervix or any other potential sign of fertility, even if it's not logical based on your cycle. Although you don't have much info as far as temps go, I'd say you're right and you've definitely already ovulated.

AFM - Just found out SIL is pregnant. I am going to be happy for her, but right now I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. I already posted an exceptionally whiney rant in the one thread so I won't inflict it on everone here as well. I think I feel worse about feeling jeoulous and bitter than anything else if that makes any sense.

Sorry if I missed anyone, have a wonderful, fertile day!

#30 of 337 Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Internet is down so I will try to do personals and fix the front page when the Internet is back up. I'm loving the flurry of activity!!

Afm temp was up again this am, so I started on npc. I'm following the directions on the happy pms site. Also have acupuncture this afternoon. I'm feeling ambivalent this cycle. The uncertainty I experienced around o really made me crazy, so I'm just happy that is over.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page