Not ttc but thought you all might have some insight... Possibly TMI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my body is going nuts.

A bit of background: My youngest is almost a year old. Got af back about 6months pp. Was immediately back to my 28-30 day cycle. I have the paragard (copper iud).

FFWD to August. AF was due on the 3rd. I didn't mark anything on my calendar so I'm 90% sure I skipped it.

Between the 19th and the 22nd each time dh & I bd I had excrutiating pain on the right side of my abdomen just inside my hip. Also noticed a lump where the pain was. About an inch or so long.

AF started the morning of the 31st. Stopped after a cpl hrs. Started up again on the 1st (Stop- start has NEVER happened before) Has been heavy enough to overflow 3 times (including last night) Passed a few clots (also unusual for me.)

I had an appointment last week but had to miss it. I'll be calling tomorrow to schedule another.

Any thoughts on what is going on with my body?

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#2 of 2 Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, there are a few possibilities, but the glaring one is that copper IUD.  They are notorious for causing erratic, heavy, crampy periods.  There are a LOT of threads about them in the Family Planning and Fertility forums.  You might want to check those out and see if that sounds like what might be happening with you.  If it is, you might want to consider having it removed and pursuing other forms of birth control.  Again, the Family Planning and Fertility forums are great for information.

You could be dealing with a cyst, which is are not uncommon.  Typically every woman will have one or more in her lifetime and may not know it.  Some women get more than others.  Depending on the cyst it can cause an annovulatory cycle, bleeding, cramping, or very delayed AF. Most cysts are totally benign and resolve themselves on their own in a few weeks.

And of course there is the possibility that you were or are pregnant.  Have you tested?  I know quite a few IUD babies.  And IUD's can cause complications with the pregnancy, which could result in the pain and bleeding you're experiencing.  I would test immediately and get checked out sooner rather than later in case there is a chance that you have an ectopic pregnancy.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page