~*~ The ON(E)ward! THREAD ~*~ September 4 - September 11 - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  ... Last
Trying To Conceive > ~*~ The ON(E)ward! THREAD ~*~ September 4 - September 11
AndtheStars's Avatar AndtheStars 09:18 PM 09-04-2011

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for August 28 - September 4 !!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

AndtheStars

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

CorgiMommy    BFPChart2.gif

Crrrunchberrie

faerielis

gozal BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

kylie1

MOMMYSINCE2008  BFPChart2.gif

RenoKirbyButtrs

SilaMarila  BFPChart2.gif 

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif
Sourire BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

zulbedia BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

Attached2Elijah BFPChart2.gif

Beautifulnm

casmer BFPChart2.gif

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

GradStudent13

halling BFPChart2.gif

jsnmom BFPChart2.gif

marykgrove BFPChart2.gif

Pasta

pitbull mommy

pregnova

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

sleepingbeauty
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant: 

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gifSeptember BFP's heartbeat.gif

BellaWithBaby

BubbleMa

KM84 BFPChart2.gif

Janellody   BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifAugust BFPs heartbeat.gif

MeredithA   chartnew.gif

arbybee BFPChart2.gif

christy1980  BFPChart2.gif

vivica2  BFPChart2.gif

belacmsage BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifJuly BFP's!heartbeat.gif
Biffer
Cellist
finsmom

justKate BFPChart2.gif

sunflwrmoonbeam BFPChart2.gif

tantylynn 

remark71 BFPChart2.gif

AndtheStars's Avatar AndtheStars 09:22 PM 09-04-2011

New thread, Everyone!

Here's to a reproductive week!

toothfairy2be's Avatar toothfairy2be 09:41 PM 09-04-2011
Thanks for the new thread !!!

I have terrible back pain, 2nights of too much standing (bonfire/parties) & today too much bending, sitting, lounging... Time to sleep!
pitbull mommy's Avatar pitbull mommy 10:27 PM 09-04-2011

Thanks for adding me!

I have been feeling some very dull cramps, pains, and just general sensations down there. It is so hard to tell if I am just more in tune with my body because we are trying.

My husband is convinced that I am pregnant... I am trying to not get my hopes up!

I wasn't going to admit it, but I already took a test today (a dollar store one) and of course it was negative. I know it can't be picked up this early.... just so hard to wait!!

I was reading up on the HCG levels that pregnancy tests pick up and the dollar store test actually was the lowest one on the list... why do we pay more for brand name tests??

Looking forward to sharing with all of you!

(BTW I am a lefty and I think that might be why I continue to almost clear my post instead of submitting it.... I need to get used to this!)

Stevi's Avatar Stevi 10:52 PM 09-04-2011

So what impression does the name Stallion give.....

toothfairy2be's Avatar toothfairy2be 06:35 AM 09-05-2011
Stevi- gives me the impression he's someone you'd like to keep around, if ya know what I mean...
GradStudent13's Avatar GradStudent13 06:55 AM 09-05-2011

Tested this morning and BFN (I mean *really* nothing I could even *pretend* was a line). I'm feeling super discouraged. greensad.gif Still no sign of AF (which is unusual) but a BFN this late in the game probably means I am out for this cycle. I will wait a few more days for AF and then test again, I guess. I am just not sure what is going on.

MakeItSew's Avatar MakeItSew 07:06 AM 09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

So what impression does the name Stallion give.....

bigeyes.gif

Good luck!

Gradstudent - hug2.gif I know how you feel, last month AF decided to show up late, just to screw with me. Not knowing was awful. I just had to keep reminding myself that even in perfectly healthy couples with good timing, it can take 6 months to a year to get pregnant. Of course, it really didn't help me remember that so many of my friends got it on their first try.

afm, AF is due today, and when I used the bathroom this morning there was a huge amount of bright red blood, which caused me to freak out. But after careful inspection (gross, sorry) the blood was not coming from my uterus. I think all the labor day snacks I've been eating upset my guts and the blood hitched a ride with my stool (again, TMI, sorry). Still, NOT A GOOD START TO THE DAY.

toothfairy2be's Avatar toothfairy2be 07:58 AM 09-05-2011

fingersx.gif GradStudent- I hope she stays away, sometimes you just never know!

KM- I guess that is the only time you feel excited to just poo blood huh! Now just get that belly feeling better, my Labor Day gluttony is making me pay today too... time to go food shopping for some healthy supplies!

KnittinKitten's Avatar KnittinKitten 08:36 AM 09-05-2011

Hi all! I would like to join, please. I am currently "waiting to know" at 5 dpo. I've been ttc fo 6 months now with my husband of 4 years. I had an early mc 2 cycles ago and this cycle was our first back ttc. This is the first cycle I've allowed myself to be hopeful, and I hope I'm not disappointed.

KnittinKitten's Avatar KnittinKitten 08:39 AM 09-05-2011
AndtheStars's Avatar AndtheStars 09:25 AM 09-05-2011

Updated to here

Stevi, LOL, I definately second cbaa...maybe you want to keep this one around lol.gif

marykgrove, Welcome, I added you and your chart.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss and hope that this is your month for a rainbow1284.gif.  Is that your kitty in your profile pic?  He/she is beeyootiful!

pitbullmommy, I POAS at 8 dpo because I can never stop myself.  I am one who wastes money on the FRER's because I'm convinced a positive isn't a real positive unless it's on a FRER.  Yeah, their marketing got me good....

GradStudent, I was in exactly the same place this past cycle.  AF was 1-2 days later than she usually is and I knew I wasn't pregnant...(hugs).  You are trying this month and next before taking a break cause of timing, right?

KM84, bigeyes.gif about your blood.  Is that something that happens to you regularly?  I would be freaking out just cause there was blood in my poop.  Really relieved though that it wasn't coming from door #1. 

AFM, I am the most boring person in the world.  CD 8....t-minus 6 days to BD-fest.  My plan is 4 days of BD on CD 14, 15, 16, & 17.  We'll see who cries uncle first, me or DH.  Also, lets talk about my cervix.  When I check CP and put in tampons, I notice that I have to reach over to the left to find it.  I didn't used to have to do this before DS.  Does this mean something?  I'm all out of whack.   

KnittinKitten's Avatar KnittinKitten 09:47 AM 09-05-2011

AndtheStars: Thanks for the welcome! Yes, that is my cat Miss Kitty. She actually was a stray who showed up at my mom's house a year and a half ago. I agree she is very beautiful ;). I think that someone dropped her off in the country to get rid of her because she is very people oriented and my mom's closest neighbor is a 1/4 mile away. I feel lucky that she found my husband and I because she is definately "our" kitty or maybe it's more like we're "her" people winky.gif

BellaWithBaby's Avatar BellaWithBaby 10:25 AM 09-05-2011
I'm so sorry GradStudent13! I was hoping it was going to be your month!

Stevi's Avatar Stevi 10:41 AM 09-05-2011

Sadly Stallion is not a keeper. After all of my plans of a designated donor went south, I went back to my reckless ways and sorta picked up a tourist. He has already headed back to where he came from. Oh, and his name is a little misleading, it's for his strength and stamina, not for what some you were thinking. LOL He was a sweetheart too, guys like him make me miss being in a relationship.

If you want a laugh, you all should look at my chart! Ha!!! I started not sleeping well a few days ago, just in time to screw up temping through ovulation, and last night was even worse! I believe the OPKs and my CM over those temps, as there is no way I ovulated 3 days ago! I am more inclined to think that today is the big O day, though yesterday is a possibility. Last cycle was screwed up as well, but overall the temps are showing a rise for second half of my cycles, proving that I'm still ovulating, which is the main reason why I started temping again.

I'm supposed to see Slim today, and may try to see Sport tonight, though I would like to schedule someone for tomorrow. We'll see. If I cover today I will at least feel like I put in a good try this cycle as far as sperm goes.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

pitbull mommy's Avatar pitbull mommy 12:05 PM 09-05-2011

Andthestars I will definitely be buying a more expensive test (or 5) when I see anything at all resembling a second line on the dollar store tests.

I am 6 dpo and have pretty much no symptoms today... maybe a slight cramping when I woke up but thats it. I am really excited to be pregnant, but I do have some anxiety about losing control over my body. I look at pictures of women who are in the very late stages of pregnancy and it is just incredible that our bodies can change so much. It kind of freaks me out that if I am pregnant right now... then in April or May I will have a huge belly. Does anyone else feel like that??

Stevi if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your sperm donors from? I have no experience with this.... don't know anyone going through it and really have no idea how it works. Are you going through a clinic? Classifieds? You don't have to answer if it is too personal, I am just asking because I am reading about how people keep dropping out and I guess I don't really understand how it works.

Good luck everyone!

Gemmine's Avatar Gemmine 01:13 PM 09-05-2011

Stevi: Darn, I was hoping Stallion would stay :-(

AndtheStars: Hoping the days go fast so you can get to your sextravaganza!

toothfairy2be's Avatar toothfairy2be 01:26 PM 09-05-2011
Darnit Stevi- I wish Stallion wasn't just a passerby! Was he an ilalian stallion? So far you're looking about covered this cycle!

Andthestars- doesn't hurt to get started a few days early, don't make my mistake!

AFM-it is that point in my cycle that my mind starts playing games... I could be pregnant right now, is this Normal or am I pregnant, is this different than last month? All this when I know how slim the chances are, ugh.
kittenbritches's Avatar kittenbritches 03:57 PM 09-05-2011

Well, AF is finally here!  So far it is super light with some cramping, but I am bloated, cranky, constipated, and gassy.  Um, YAY FOR SHARK WEEK!  Honestly, I'm just glad that I started so I can get this show on the road.  I've known with good certainty that I wasn't pregnant for days, despite being late, so just waiting for AF was getting quite old.

Hopefully this cycle will be better, with the new thermometer and everything else.  I'm thinking of skipping on the vitamin supplements this cycle and just taking my prenatal...we'll see what I decide.  I wasn't taking anything when I got pregnant with DS, and with DD I was just taking 2 GNC Women's Ultra-Mega vitamins per day.  Of course, it didn't take over a year to get pregnant with either of them...so yeah.

Anyway, we just got back from shopping for some desperately needed pants and shoes, and I think I need a nap!  Hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

Oh yeah, please move me to "Waiting to O."  Thanks :)

jsnmom's Avatar jsnmom 05:04 PM 09-05-2011

Hi! I'm back from vacation. Can I please be added to Waiting to know? I've tried to temp this cycle, but I only remembered to take my temp once. We planned on BDing every other day - at least during my fertile period - but that didn't work out either. Hopefully one of his little men survived long enough to catch that eggie. Here is my sad looking chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/60e16 I didn't keep track of my CM/P either.

pitbull mommy's Avatar pitbull mommy 07:01 PM 09-05-2011

For those of you that drink... do you have wine while you are TTC? I had planned on not having any alcohol or caffeine and basically wanted to treat my body as if I was pregnant during the TWW. When I mentioned it to my mom she basically said that I would drive myself crazy if I did that and to just continue until I knew I was pregnant. I am not talking about going on benders... but just a glass or two of wine at night. I know that to conceive me she had to try for a year and then even longer for her next pregnancy (ended in miscarriage) so she is familiar with a long TTC process. What do you do?

toothfairy2be's Avatar toothfairy2be 07:53 PM 09-05-2011
I spent a lot of months not drinking, same as you, glass of wine, martini, whatever, maybe once a week. In the last 2 cycles I've gone easier on myself, I have one or 2 drinks with friends, nothing at home. I now live by 'drink til it's pink' (in moderation of course). After a year it just got to be too much, not drinking for some mystery baby, just to have AF come anyway... As long as you are at peace with your decision!
AndtheStars's Avatar AndtheStars 08:25 PM 09-05-2011

Updated to here

pitbull mommy, I also drink moderately in the TWW.  DH and I aren't telling anyone that we are TTC and if I stopped drinking for two weeks a month, people would notice.  I have a glass of wine or a beer here and there but never more that one drink and I try to keep it to EOD or so.  I just don't think that it affects much in the TWW and relaxing and extra blood flow are good for little embryos.  If wine means I'm relaxed with extra blood flow, how can that hurt?  That's my decision though and I feel comfortable with it.  Like cbaa said, it's what you can live with.

jsnmom, Welcome back!  I added you...are you a POAS addict?  When will you test?  Sorry, these are the things I get excited about.

Stevi, sorry to hear that Stallion wasn't a long term possibility.  It looks like you have some comprehensive sperm coverage this month. (this made me think that it would be awesome if insurance carriers offered comprehensive sperm coverage)  FX!  Also, did you say before that you eat pineapple during DPO 1-5?  Was that you?  I'm deciding if I want to go to the effort.   

cbaa, I know that I could always start early but BD'ing is much more of a chore for DH and I (sorry to say) than something that we just spontaneously do.  I seriously think that the chances of 4 BD's in a row this month will not happen.  But, as we all know from Gemmine, mythical, unicorn 4th BD's do happen...that's what I'm counting on. winky.gif

Pasta & Beautifulnm, haven't seen you guys in a while...what's new with you? People hanging out in the TWW kill me with curiousity...did you guys get your BFP's?

kitten, sorry for the weird cycle this month.  I like that your FF page is your BFP charts and that they are all in September...this must be a seriously fertile month for you! 

Bw/B, are you testing tomorrow?  If you are, please post pics...we love them!

Stevi's Avatar Stevi 09:28 PM 09-05-2011

Pitbull Mommy...   No, I'm not using a sperm bank, sadly that is out of my budget. I find my donors on CraigsList, and I meet them in person. It is not something I recommend, but it is my best option. The dropping out is the guys that go through all of the things to get to the donation part, donate once, and then realize that they aren't so comfortable with the idea after all, or they decide they have something else to do... I use donors in their early 20s, so they're not exactly the most rel;iable group anyway.

cbaa2010...   LOL No, not Italian. Though maybe part... I usually get their ethnicities and I didn't with Stallion.

AndtheStars...   No, the pineapple weren't me. My latest thing is Dong Quai. Oh, and Advair for my Emphysema.

pregnova's Avatar pregnova 10:23 PM 09-05-2011

Hi guys, I'd like to join the chat! 

I'm ttc #2..just got the go ahead from DP (FINALLY!) RIGHT around the time I would have been ovulating. Naturally, there's a 'chance', but I'm thinking this isn't the cycle for us. I'm expecting AF towards the end of this week, and feeling all the usual signs...

I hope everyone keeps up the chat, and here's to a fertile week!

oh, and pitbullMommy, 

I do drink moderately during the tww..for all the above mentioned reasons. I think there's something to the whole 'relaxing' ability of a glass or two of wine...not to mention, it would INSTANTLY sound alarm bells if I refused a glass of wine. lol

jsnmom's Avatar jsnmom 10:39 PM 09-05-2011

Thanks for welcoming me back.

Andthestars: I'm a total POAS addict exept for last month. I only brought so many tests with me and I didn't want to buy any extra. AF showed the day we left anyway. I'm planning to start testing on the 14th. I have plenty IC here at home.

pitbull mommy: I don't drink, but I agree with cbaa and Andthestars, drinking in moderation is fine while TTC.

Stevi: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

casmer's Avatar casmer 08:18 AM 09-06-2011

I've been sort of MIA lately.  I've been reading, but then there was that little explosion of BFPs and I became a little bummed out.  Silly, I know. 

Pitbullmommy: I do drink both alcohol and caffeine during the TWW.  I have considerably decreased my caffeine intake since we began TTC.  No sodas, no energy drinks, only coffee made at home and iced tea.  Once I get into the second week of the TWW, I won't drink alcohol as often. 

Stevi: I'm really sorry your monogamous donors keep falling through.  Do you think they're afraid of being held accountable if you do get pregnant?  Why do you choose guys in their early 20s (just being nosey, please don't answer if you don't want to).  I don't know what it is about guys...they just don't get it sometimes. 

AFM: Anyhow, I think I am 2 DPO, so I guess move me to the TWW, please.  Fertility friend wants to tell me that I O'd on Saturday, but I got up to go to the restroom about an hour or two before I needed to temp, so I think it's falsely elevated.  Plus, I woke up on Sunday and still had EWCM, which later dried up that afternoon.  Either way, our BDing was well timed this month.  Last month was horrible and we completely missed the window.  It didn't help that my dad came to visit on my peak day that month...we have a little house.

My last day at my job was on Wednesday.  I have to say it was perfect timing because I the quality of my CM was the best it's been in several months.  It is truly amazing how stress affects your body. 

Stevi's Avatar Stevi 09:56 AM 09-06-2011

Casmer...   I have a contract for their protection and mine, but they are likely thinking of the consequences of my success. I know some have said they decided they would rather not have kids around that they don't know about, and I can understand that. As for why I use donors in their early 20s? That is because their sperm is the most fertile. Men's fertility goes down as they age too. My chances are already drasticly diminished due to my age, by using younger donors my chances are a little better than if I were to use donors around my same age.

AAM...   I finally got a realistic temp and it's way down at a pre-O level (I found EWCM as well)! That means I am probably ovulating today, and that I really need to get another BD or two in. Back to the hunt. Argh!

Have a Reproductive Week!

BellaWithBaby's Avatar BellaWithBaby 11:28 AM 09-06-2011

Update for me: got a negative at 12dpo and I can feel my period on it's way in the next few days. My husband was great and I think the biggest gift is that he realizes that it doesn't always happen on the first try even with the most (presumably) fertile of couples. As I mentioned in another update, he always told me it would happen the first month so there was no reason to "hurry up and start trying". I'm glad he knows (now from experience) that it doesn't magically happen like that. I never thought it would on the first month so I am ok but already don't like this roller coaster. Also, feeling embarrassed for imagining pregnancy symptoms which were apparently not there after all. I guess in the future I don't feel as excited to be so "vocal" about saying I feel pregnant.
Better luck next month!

KnittinKitten's Avatar KnittinKitten 12:13 PM 09-06-2011
Pitbull Mommy: I'm still feeling fullness in my pelvis and some slight dizziness started yesterday. Also, I keep my drinking to minimum usually, but after ttc for a couple months I gave up on not trying to drink at all. I basically keep it to 1/2-1 drink 0-2 days per week. Nobody bats an eye because they ate used to me refusing.

My temp dropped to my coverline yesterday and jumped back up today. I woke up kinda weird yesterday so it could be that or maybe an implantation dip?!? What do you all think?
1 2  3  ... Last

Up