~*~ The ON(E)ward THREAD~*~ September 11 - September 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 108 Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for September 11 - September 18 !!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

Attached2Elijah BFPChart2.gif

Carlin BFPChart2.gif

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

Crrrunchberrie

faerielis

GradStudent13 BFPChart2.gif

halling BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

MOMMYSINCE2008  BFPChart2.gif

RenoKirbyButtrs

SilaMarila  BFPChart2.gif 

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif
Sourire BFPChart2.gif

traci447 BFPChart2.gif

WildDoula BFPChart2.gif

zulbedia BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

AndtheStars

Beautifulnm

casmer BFPChart2.gif

CorgiMommy BFPChart2.gif

faerielis

gozal BFPChart2.gif

jsnmom BFPChart2.gif

kylie1

marykgrove BFPChart2.gif

Pasta

pitbull mommy

pregnova

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

brichole BFPChart2.gif

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Mom2IrishBoys BFPChart2.gif

sleepingbeauty
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant: 

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gifSeptember BFP's heartbeat.gif

BellaWithBaby

BubbleMa

KM84 BFPChart2.gif

Janellody   BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifAugust BFPs heartbeat.gif

MeredithA   chartnew.gif

arbybee BFPChart2.gif

christy1980  BFPChart2.gif

vivica2  BFPChart2.gif

belacmsage BFPChart2.gif

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 108 Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Y'all!  Come on down to the new thread!

Here's to a reproductive week!

CorgiMommy, I'm glad to see you back.  Can you post your chart link again?  I couldn't find it going back in threads a couple weeks so it looks like it's been broken for a while redface.gif  It's really hard to stalk you if I can't see your chart winky.gif

cbaa, horse-back riding and apple picking?!  Geez, girl, it's like your life is a commerical for awesomeness winky.gif  I'm really excited for your to start this cycle with a new direction.  And I will see your pregnant ladies in the orchard and raise you a friking pregnant news woman who has to do updates like every 15 mins, sitting in her nice high news chair with her stylish newswoman clothes, looking all glowly and pregnant on TV...sigh.

stevi, that's an um, interesting question.  Sometimes I think that I feel wet but once it comes to being wet, I find that things are not so comfortable or going so smoothly.  Does that help?  Isn't that why they make lubricant?  I can't imagine that a gentleman would cause things to not go well just because there was a drought.  Ha!  I think that was all nicely covered by the rules.  There is a sex talk forum now that I think you can speak freely in if you want to head over there and ask flat out.

casmer, I hope that your tests turn out ok.  You may have been joking, but do you actually harvest prickly pears like apples?  I've tried them before and they tasted like green beans to me so I'm curious if I just had lame East Coast ones or thats what they actually taste like.  Not that I think they taste like apples or pears, just that I think of them as a fruit so I don't think they should taste like green beans.  Wow, 5 points for me for a super long ramble about prickly pears.

pregnova, I understand your recitance about testing but you have to know how much you are torturing us over here. 

traci447, Welcome!  I think that a 10 day LP is on the short side but hopefully the B6 will continue to help and next cycle it will be a bit longer.  I hope that your stay here is short and sweet. 

Cassiz, I would think that if you are 8 days out from AF and you are having some colored discharge, it could very well be implantation.  You are maybe 5-8 DPO?  That sounds like it could be in the window.  Your other symptoms sound intense.  I'm hoping for a BFP rather than an insanity diagnosis.

Beautifulnm, Pasta, pitbull mommy, I need updates!  Are you all preggers?  Seriously, names sitting in Waiting to Know kill me.  Where you at?!

AFM, Gah!  So I decided to try OPK's this cycle.  However, I decided this about 3 days too late, I think.  I'm CD14.  Yesterday I did the OPK and got a medium line so I figure that I'm a day or two away from a dark line.  Today I OPK and it's a shade lighter than yesterday.  So this means that I O'D on CD 11 or 12, right?  Is that how these things work?  I am still trending towards EWCM and my CP is HM(I have no idea because it never feels open to me).  It was softish on Friday, I forgot to check yesterday and now its a little firmer.  Full moon is tomorrow so if my past cycles are correct, I have never O'd earlier than 2 days before a full moon, which means O could have been yesterday but I call BS on that because none of my other signs point to that.  WTH?!  I think that I want a new, not-so-kind category called "Waiting for my stupid @#$%^ body to get with the #$%^& program"  Sorry, back to onward, positive me. 

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#3 of 108 Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Andthestars:  I remember reading somewhere (on a site I thought reputable at the time) that that is not the case with OPKs and that they dont always get increasingly darker as ovulation approaches.  They showed photos of a whole bunch of tests leading up to ovulation and they were all over the place on many different women.  I think its because those tests depend on many things, that your urine is more diluted some times than others and the time of day that you are testing.  I think you just need to continue to POAS until you get the line that is equal to or darker than the control line and that is the only thing that matters.  And I think by your CM you have not yet ovulated so i would continue to use the tests everyday and hopefully your EWCM with coincide with the positive OPK.  Hope thats helpful.  Goodluck!

#4 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 AM

Hi there, put this in last weeks tread, here is my link

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36ab23

So according to FF I am 3 DPO.  Have a look and tell me what you think?

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#5 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#6 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the new thread, AndtheStars! Corgimommy, so glad to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieliss View Post

Andthestars:  I remember reading somewhere (on a site I thought reputable at the time) that that is not the case with OPKs and that they dont always get increasingly darker as ovulation approaches.  They showed photos of a whole bunch of tests leading up to ovulation and they were all over the place on many different women.  I think its because those tests depend on many things, that your urine is more diluted some times than others and the time of day that you are testing.  I think you just need to continue to POAS until you get the line that is equal to or darker than the control line and that is the only thing that matters.  And I think by your CM you have not yet ovulated so i would continue to use the tests everyday and hopefully your EWCM with coincide with the positive OPK.  Hope thats helpful.  Goodluck!

Faerieliss, is poas.com the site you are thinking of? Here is that answer from poas.com. (Old but still a great site!) I also wanted to mention, personally my EWCM days don't usually coincide with my + opk. I don't check for it at my cervix so maybe there is some, but usually my peak EWCM days are actually before the +. According to TCOYF (IIRC) and my RE, this is totally normal and fine.

AndtheStars, don't worry! Opks are not that precise! An LH surge looks like a bell curve when you chart it out on a graph. You might catch it at the beginning, middle, or end; and it does not last that long. So when you get your + opk, that could be 12 hours before o or 36 hours before o. In other words, you could could o after your first + opk or after your third. It can be random when you catch it. (I think of the + opk as a go-ahead for consistent BDing. Before the + we do every other night/whenever we feel like it.) Just look for the temp rise and you can usually figure it out. If you have a slow rise you might not know for 5 days after o that the day it likely happened. About CP, I have been checking for several months - but I can never tell if it's open or not. I mean, sort of, but its height and softness/firmness is so easy to figure out, whereas open/closed feels sort of like guesswork. Plus once it moves up for o, I can't reach the opening anyway. BTW, I am super intrigued by your full moon observation. I'm going to have to pay attention to that!

Stevi, I am very superstitious about these things so I will say absolutely nothing about my excitement for you cycle!

AFM, got my + opk yesterday evening and another this morning - waiting for my temp rise now.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#7 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 AM

AndtheStars: Thanks for the new thread! If you have ever thought.pregnancy tests were confusing get ready for opks! I used them this cycle consistently for the first time and it can definitely be hard to understand. In theory it seems so simple: two lines that are the same color, but in practice it's a lot more like "is that line a a shade darker or a hair darker". Good luck to you!

AFM I got some beige tinged cm yesterday and today, I'm more crampy my temp dropped today and I got a bfn this morning at 12dpo. So... I'm pretty convinced af is on her way greensad.gif. I'm trying to not get totally depressed and I know I'm not out until af shows. This is the first cycle I did bbt after my MC and my temps have been kind of disappointing. They were so beautiful beforehand greensad.gif.

Here's hoping for bfp's for all!!!!

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
#8 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 AM

marykgrove, here's hoping the temp pops back up! I'm still hoping for you!

AndtheStars, I know nothing about opks, but it sounds like you have some great guidance here!

pregnova, I am so feeling you on the trying to be chill and failing front! lol I'm looking forward to hearing about it when you finally decide to test!!

BellawithBaby, huge congrats!!!

AFM, I'm just chillin' and trying to distract myself to make the 2ww go as quickly as possible. So far that has been entirely unsuccessful! ;) No real symptoms these days. I'm planning to wait this out rather than test, but I'm not sure how long I'll hold out. Last cycle I had a cir. 14 day LP, but FF is suggesting waiting for 18 days post O for testing. Hm. 

#9 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the welcome!  I will continue on the B6 and hopefully my LP will gain at least another day or two.  I'm trying to contact a local midwife to see if I can meet with her about a short LP.  I've never met her before, but hoping we click so that I don't have to drive 45 min. one way to go to the next nearest midwife or obgyn, especially if I become pregnant and have to go to all those prenatal appts.

Corgimommy- I think FF has a pretty good guess, but I think O could have also been the day after.  It will probably be easier to tell when you get a couple more temps in the next couple of days.

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
#10 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

CorgiMommy, you are all set up for chart-stalking!  Thanks for the link!  I agree with Traci, you could have O'd a day later.  Hopefully, the next few days brings some clarity.  And Yay! for O.  I'm glad to see that your cycle is getting back to normal.  Hopefully a sticky BFP follows soon after.

gozal and faerie, on the OPK thing.  The OPK line is getting lighter, not darker.  Doesn't that mean that I already O'd?  I took it at the same time of day and not with super dilute pee.  I know that these things aren't an exact science but I was hoping that they would help me pinpoint O a little better than the 2-3 day window that I'm currently working with.  My EWCM is out of control today (thank you, carrots!) so I'm really hoping O is today or tomorrow.  I don't temp because of a night-waking, nursing toddler but maybe I will start a FF chart just to track everything or just start posting pictures of my kitchen calendar smile.gif

mkg, don't get totally depressed even if AF is on her way.  Use it as an excuse to do something that you wouldn't be doing if you got a BFP.  Your chart clearly shows ovulation so it doesn't look too bad to me.  Did your pre-loss charts have bigger temp differences?   

halling,  you are in that truly awful place of the 2WW where you know that some people have tested + at 9 DPO but it's not likely so all you want to do is POAS but you're pretty sure it will be BFN even if you are actually pregnant because it's too early...horrible, awful place.  I will send you zen vibes.

traci, my homebirth midwife also does well-woman visits at a patient's home.  Is that what the midwife you are trying to see does?  It's a wonderful service.  Maybe if you don't click with this midwife, there is another one in the area who also does home visits for appointments. 

AFM, My abundant EWCM is making me happy today, a little damp, but happy!  This is going to be way TMI (I made it little so you don't have to read it if you don't want) but I peed and when I went to wipe there was a drip of super clear, stretchy CM hanging out of me 3 or 4 inches long.  I'm sorry about the super gross visual but I haven't had EWCM that good in a long time.  New thing this cycle is two raw carrots (full-sized, not baby) a day.  I didn't think it would make this big of difference.      

#11 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

gozal and faerie, on the OPK thing.  The OPK line is getting lighter, not darker.  Doesn't that mean that I already O'd?  I took it at the same time of day and not with super dilute pee.  I know that these things aren't an exact science but I was hoping that they would help me pinpoint O a little better than the 2-3 day window that I'm currently working with. 

Not necessarily. If you are getting tons of ewcm, then probably not. The opk only detects a surge, so you could surge and then not ovulate, surge again, then ovulate, etc. If you have the cheapies, I would say keep testing until your cm dries up. My RE considers day after + opk as o day absent other info, as a rule of thumb, if that helps, so that basically gives you a single estimated day if you do get the +.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#12 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

thanks!  Today's was about the same lightness as yesterday.  I take them around 2 pm cause I thought they were supposed to work better in the afternoon cause O usually happens at night.  Am I making that up or did I read that somewhere reputable?  They are not the cheapies, of course, because I decided on a whim at the grocery store that I needed them.  Phooey on me and my whims! 

#13 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM

interesting about O-ing at night. Come to think of it, that does tend to be when i experience cramping/twinges mid-cycle...Is this real?

Everyone...so TOTALLY bought the pee sticks today. Yeah...totally NOT going to make it to the end of the week, so I'm thinking I'll take one test tomorrow morning and that will be that. lol. DP does not know because...well...because I'm super chill hopeful preggo chick, right? I'm still having off and on light cramping...NO sign of AF, and now I'm starting to psyche myself out that my boobs are getting sore...so, yeah. time to test before I go insane with making up symptoms!

partners.gif DP and I since 2007, superhero.gifDS born late 2008,

belly.gif Excitedly expecting #2 mid-October 2012!!!

#14 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

AndTheStars- Thanks for the new thread! I do not think you have O'd yet, but I do think you should be jumping your DH right now. Also, why the heck isn't the carrot trick more widely published?! I also found carrots worked way way way better for me than EPO or grapefruit juice. Thanks the for the compliment on my adventures, I am trying to take advantage of everything I can... I hope that pregnancy is catching and that newscaster was shooting her vibes out at you through the screen!

As far as OPKs go- I quit em like a bad drug after I got 4 days in a row, no temp rise, and AF like... 3 days later (annovulatory). Now I just go by CM and temp rise (it helps I have  relatively predictable cycle). However, I expect yours will get darker tonight or tomorrow. I had a whim of eating half a cider donut tonight, even though I started my 'no white sugar/no white flour' diet today... phooey.

preganova- POAS already!! I just have a feeeeeling it is going to have 2 nice dark lines on it!

Traci- I actually started taking calcium/magnesium and my LP got longer... I haven't been taking B6 in a while, but it might be worth a try to do both!

MaryK- darn BFNs--- I agree not to get too down... I feel like by 12 DPO I am just ready for AF to start already! Hang in there!

AFM- I am at the super duper exciting CD2 (wahoo). I start Clomid tomorrow nut.gif, I am already feeling much more crabby than usual this cycle, so here goes nothing! My half a cider donut was delicious by the way.... in case anyone was wondering, it was so totally worth it.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#15 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM

privateeyes.gif carrots you say? tell me more!

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#16 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Thanks all for the support! I'm doing better now. Just a bit of a rough day smile.gif DH and I are coming up with our plan for next cycle. I'm thinking I won't temp but will use opks and chart cm. DH has agreed to BD every day, too wink1.gif

AndtheStars: yes I did have better temp shifts and my temps weren't close to my coverline after o. I am very grateful that I am oing, so I have that going for me smile.gif. Thanks for taking a peek at my chart, it always helps to have another set of eyes!

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
#17 of 108 Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM

AndtheStars:  Yes, she is a midwife who would come to my home.  She also has an office only a few blocks away from my house (VERY small town).  But she is the only one in my area.  I just found out today that she doesn't take my health insurance.  So it's not looking too good.  I love my obgyn I had with my son, and I might just stick with her, but was just hoping to find a midwife who does home visits!  BTW, yaaaaay for all your EWCM!  I never heard of the carrot trick- but very interesting!

cbaa2010:  Hmmmm magnesium and calcium to lengthen LP?  Do you take them in tablets?  I just might have to look into that!  Thanks!

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
#18 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Gemmine- I just tried to eat like a dozen or so baby carrots every day around O and my EWCM almost felt thinner and more slippery. I had heard some women talk about it, but seriously I had tried EPO, grapefruit juice, and Mucinex (extra strength!) and never had as good quality as when I was eating carrots (fresh or steamed).

traci- It wasn't purposely to extend my LP, I just figured it would be good for me since I sometimes get muscle/joint pain, but then I saw my LP extend, so yay!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#19 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 05:59 AM

Yes, When i put data in FF today, it changed O to day 14, Saturday.  So Im on 3 DPO again.  Not really dissapointed as it looks better as my BD score changed from good to high! Whoop Whoop!

I am so tired today, so wont be to long.

Only thing that does bother me is that FF has raised my coverline by a whole degree!  What impact will that have on me???

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#20 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 AM

I think my run of good health has run out... I woke up not feeling too great.

My toes are crossed for everybody!!

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#21 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 AM

traci, I hope it works out with the midwife despite the insurance. It would be so much more convenient for you!

pregnova, how's super chill hopeful preggo chick doing today? ;)

cbaa, cider donuts are absolutely worth transgressing for. YUM.

maryk, I'm sorry it was a rough day, but yay for a plan for the next cycle.

CorgiMommy, I have no idea what impact the higher coverline will have! But yay for getting the high score for BDing.

Stevi, sorry you are feeling off. But your chart looks amazing!

AFM, my temp dropped .5 degrees today and I am 10dpo. I temped a couple of hours earlier than usual due to a waking toddler and also yesterday I had gotten out of bed before temping, so hopefully the difference between them is due to that. I haven't charted a whole ovulatory cycle yet so I don't know whether this is likely to suggest an impending AF. I sure hope not, but it seems possible/likely. How many days before AF do temps typically drop? It would be a little early if I have a 14 day LP like I did last cycle, right? I guess we'll see what tomorrow's temp brings.

#22 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Halling: when your temps drop below your coverline for more than one day it may signal that your period is coming. This can happen anywhere from a couple days before to a couple of days after your period comes, but hearing about your odd waking time and such I wouldn't read too much into it. It could be letting you know, but it's just as likely it was just your weird wake up.

AFM af started in earnest this morning. I guess my body wasn't ready yet.

Babydust to all!

#23 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 PM

So I had my ultrasound yesterday.  I did not know it would be a transvaginal ultrasound.  I guess I (naively) thought it was going to be done from the outside.  Nonetheless, it wasn't really all that bad and was kinda cool getting to see my ovaries and uterus (I'm a science nerd).  No word on when the Dr. will call me back with details, but the tech/nurse did say that I had a Retroverted Uterus.  From what I've read it's not as bad as it sounds.  Anyone know about this and TTC? 

andthestars:  The prickly pears are harvested very carefully with gloves and tongs so you don't get the glochids stuck in you.

Me (27) married to my DH (28) for 8 years.  Happy mama to babygirl.gif born May 2012!  Also,  parents to dog2.gif, chicken3.gif, and a rabbit. 

#24 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

cbaa, for real about the carrot thing!  Let's publish a pamphlet about it and make $1 million.  Let's see, on the front it can have a sad cervix crawling across a desert towards a EWCM oasis, on the inside a carrot or two or 12 can ride up and carry the cervix away to EWCM happiness.  We'll include it in our ONE TTC kit along with a magnifying glass and a light-up pregnancy test.  I have also decided to stop using OPK's and eat donuts instead to encourage fertility.  I had a cherry fritter today.

MKG, I'm sorry about AF but you have a good plan for next cycle.  Every day BD!  The ONE kit will also have to include ice packs.  winky.gif  If you look at belacmsage's chart in the graduates, she had like 11 days in a row of BD or something insane like that.  She got pregnant though so if you have the stamina... 

halling, I wouldn't put too much stock in one low temp.  FX for a nice high temp tomorrow!

pregnova, where is my double line picture? 

traci, sigh about no insurance coverage for the midwife.  I had the same problem when I was 30 weeks pregnant but fortunately, DH's company decided at the last minute to switch coverage to one that she did accept.  How much is her charge?  Would it be worth it to pay out-of-pocket just for the convenience?

stevi, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well...this is going to sound super dumb but at the first sign of feeling poorly, I drink crap loads of water with lemon or lime and it stops whatever it was from progressing about 50% of the time.  This especially works for me if it is a cold-like illness.  However, because your chart looks good and I have placed way too much stock in your copious BD cycle, have you considered that this is a pregnancy illness?  How many stories have we heard of "oh, I got a cold or the flu...ooops, it was actually a BFP!"  Another reason that I'm putting a lot of stock in this cycle is something I read in an anthropology book in college that has always stuck with me for some reason about how men's sperm, when placed in close proximity, are much more active and 'fertile' for lack of a better word because they sense a genetic threat and fight harder to get to/fertilize an egg.  It's a evolutionary response.  So when I see all your BD's, I just envision a huge battle in your uterus with all these sperm fighting like mad to fertilize your egg.  It's like your avatar, only the sperm are wearing battle helmets and poking each other with spears as they swim.  Yeah, I'm bored at work...could you tell?

CorgiMommy, Yay for high BD scores!  I wouldn't worry about the coverline...you know that you O'd and that you BD'd in the window.  Now comes the 2WW agony. 

kitten, I thought about you last night for some random reason...how are you? 

AFM, not quite as much EWCM today but CP is HS so I think that I'll get one more BD in tonight and call it a cycle.  That will be 3 BD's in a row.  I am tempted to try to BD tomorrow too just in case the day after O BD is the magical one that does it.  I think that I'll start eating pineapple core tomorrow too.  I never did pick up preseed, does anyone have opinions on what sweet almond oil would do to sperm if I tried that for a little lube?   

#25 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM

mkg, sorry for af, and good thoughts for the coming cycle! My temp is still above my coverline, so I'm not going to take it to heart yet. Thanks for the input. Here's hoping a nice high temp greets me in the morning.

casmer, I am so not a fan of the transvaginal ultrasound! But like you, I'm a science nerd and love seeing the images. I have a retroverted uterus, too, or at least I did before my first baby. I haven't had it checked since and I guess they can flip after a pregnancy, if I'm remembering what my doc said about it. Anyhow, once my fertility returned after getting off bcps (which took about six months) I got pregnant very quickly. So the ol' backwards ute caused no trouble for me.

Andthe Stars, thinking fertile thoughts for you! I have no opinion or knowledge on the oil. Fingers crossed for catching the egg and (a slightly early) welcome to the oh-so-delightful 2ww.

#26 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM

oops

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#27 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM

AndtheStars...   I don't know about sweet almond oil, but I have used real eggwhite in the past... And I read something about the soldier sperm as well!!! Unfortunately I have also read that numerous partners can cause my body to create hostile mucous to keep it all out. I am hoping for soldiers!! LOL (I'm going to continue to allow you to do my hoping, it's easier on my nerves. hee hee)

Casmer...   I wanna see my ovaries!!! How cool!!!

#28 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 PM

ok, so I got my BFP!!!!! yay!!! I'm pretty much in shock...other than that consistent yet inconsistent mild cramping that I had with my son's early pregnancy, I have just about zero symptoms. Occasionally I think that ONE of my boobs is sore, but I think I'm making that up at this point. So...I'm hoping this one sticks, and that everyone in this list gets their double lines ON THE DOUBLE! (lol...couldn't resist the pun!) Thanks for all the support these past weeks!

Baby dust!!!dust.gif

partners.gif DP and I since 2007, superhero.gifDS born late 2008,

belly.gif Excitedly expecting #2 mid-October 2012!!!

#29 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Yay Pregnova!!! joy.gif So happy for you! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

Andthestars: I'm totally going to try the carrot thing now!

Stevi: Sorry you are feeling crappy, but I'm hopeful it means good things for this cycle!

AFM: Pretty sure I'm gearing up to O, which is surprisingly early for me. Other than that, I'm babysitting a friend's toddler and we're trying to finish roofing our house so I'be had almost no time to post recently. Speaking of which, said toddler just woke up, so I'd better go. Sending fertile vibes to all!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#30 of 108 Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM

Ohh I came to ask to be moved but I see I already am... Thank you. smile.gif I would have preferred to be moved to graduates but oh well. But I do have a question... I normally start AF pretty heavy and bright red. Well, today it's incredibly light (a bit heavier than spotting but not much) but it's brown, which I know means old blood. Should I still count this as AF or call it spotting? I'm not sure what to think... it's weird. Either way, I'm consoling myself with homemade Italian bread and lasagna tonight. Totally helps. smile.gif

Stevi: Sorry you aren't feeling too hot but like PP said, your chart looks great! FX it's a good sign!

Pregnova: Congrats! A Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Andthestars: I've never tried sweet almond oil... but I will admit the month we got pregnant with my son, we used olive oil as lube! LOL! It wasn't intentional but we happened to be out of our normal stuff at the time... so not sure if it helped or not but obviously it didn't hinder anything, lol. :P

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page