period late, negative tests, post MC, losing my mind. help :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK, so this is my first post on this entire website since I miscarried in late June (~7-8 weeks). Nervously stepping back on this site after leaving the "Feb 2012" DDC.

My miscarriage was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through in my entire life-- so traumatic and I was so unprepared for it to happen. And unfortunately, my usually straightforward menstrual cycle has been nothing but a source of anxiety and confusion ever since.

My husband and I are tentatively trying again, although my ovulatory signs have been a little confusing ever since (including the miscarriage, I've had three menstrual periods since, all my cycles being 4 or 5 or so days longer than usual).

I *think* I ovulated on day 17 or 18, and now I'm on day 31 of my cycle. Before my MC, I would ovulate on day 15, and my cycles are almost always 28 or 29 days.

I've been testing for the last 6 days. My period is late. Every test has been totally negative. feels like a three week wait. What do you guys think?? Do you think there's even a chance I'm pregnant, even with negative tests at 14 DPO?

I had some brown spotting yesterday and today, not sure what that means (last time I had similar implantation spotting.. but I also spot before my periods usually too)

I would just really like to know already. I want to have a good cry about it and tuck into a giant glass of red wine.

Any advice, e-hugs, moral support, or ideas on why my period is late with all these negative tests???

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

OK, now I feel slightly crampy. I'm thinking hopes are dashed :(

When I got pregnant before it was our very first cycle trying. I would have thought it would be easy to conceive again but maybe it won't be...

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#3 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Unfortunately, I have no idea what might be going on, but I just wanted to offer you a hug and say that I think you should go ahead and have that glass of wine regardless.

Hang in there.

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#4 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Belia... I want that red wine for sure and don't see the harm in a glass even if I were PG, except I'd have to go out and buy a bottle which to me, admits defeat and I can't bring myself to do...

Your e-hug is much appreciated. I wish I knew what was going on, and I wish this experience was more excited & hopeful like it was the first time around, instead of wrought with bad memories and anxiety.

(sniffle...)

thank you

#5 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I too think it's hard to say, but just wanted to offer some encouragement for you. I had a devastating miscarriage awhile back as well, so I understand what you're going through. It took awhile for my cycles to get back to normal afterwards also, and that was difficult. I think in my case the irregularity and more painful periods after it were exacerbated by the fact that I had to have a chemical evacuation to complete the miscarriage. Not sure if you had to go through that, but it can be a factor if you did. 

Also, at the beginning of my current pregnancy, I had terrible, terrible cramping. It was almost worse than period cramping in some ways, and I've had a healthy pregnancy overall - so I don't think you should jump into thinking it's not possible just because you're cramping. Bodies react in different ways to pregnancy, and healing from miscarriage. 

I know the uncertainty is so hard - and this easier said than done - but try to relax and treat yourself well right now. At the very least, you know that your body is capable of becoming pregnant, and that is a big positive! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#6 of 8 Old 09-14-2011, 07:51 PM

Daurelia-

I'm sorry for what you are going through and want to offer my support. I hope you get resluts soon, so you REALLY know. Good luck!

#7 of 8 Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm in a similar position to you. I got eggwhite mucus on August 31, DTD that night and again on Sept 3, and have felt pregnant ever since. I've been cramping the whole entire time, sore breasts, nausea nonstop, skin chances, mucus changes, and exhausted. I miscarried in the beginning of March and have had regular periods ever since. I'm not due to start my period until the 21st, but have been lightly bleeding for two days now that's distinctly different from my periods. I'm still not getting a BFP and it's driving me crazy. I don't know what to think other than to stay positive and wait, but I need some hugs here and some positive energy and prayers.

#8 of 8 Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I'm so sorry for your loss daurelia!  hug2.gif  Have you posted in the Pregnancy Loss forum for some extra support? 

I see it's been 5 days since you last posted... can you update us?  I'm hoping you got your BFP, but if not, I wanted to say that it's very common to have delayed ovulation for any number of reasons.  So even though you ordinarily ovulate around CD 15 or now CD 17 or 18, it's entirely possible that this cycle you ovulated even later, hence delaying AF.  Do you recall when you had fertile CF?  Have you considered temping to better pinpoint O?  If your average LP is 13-14 days (based on when you say you used to O and how long your cycles used to be) and you did indeed O on CD 17 or 18, then you could expect AF around CD 30-32.  So when you posted, you probably weren't yet late.  But if AF has not shown by now then I would absolutely try testing again with a sensitive test (that only requires an hCG level of 25) with FMU. 

Implantation spotting is actually  not common at all.  What is more common is spotting around the time of expected AF due to hormonal fluctuations.  Spotting prior to your period is actually not considered normal, but often a sign of low progesterone.  Low progesterone can cause random spotting, short LP's, and in some cases cause issues sustaining a pregnancy.  I am not at all saying this is what caused your m/c, but it could be something to look into further on your TTC journey.  Charting will help you to see how long your LP is and if this could be an issue for you.  There are several things you can do to boost your LP like supplement with vitamin B6 and magnesium.  If it continues to be a problem, you could also look into other herbs and progesterone supplements.

Good luck and keep us posted!  dust.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

User Tag List