TTCing..........again!!!!!!! Into the shettles method this time around. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well I'm back. I haven't been on here since the birth of DD2 in Oct of 2009. But here we are again 4 children deep and mama bear wants a new son lol. Sheepish.gif

I was so excited to stop my birthcontrol in July and thought things were going to go great when I got my post yaz AF. It lasted 8 days!!!!! It was horrible. Then I ovulated on CD 19, BDed in the mean time but didn't expect much since I just off birth control and I am now on CD 32 with no signs of AF and so many pregnancy tests (all bfn's) that I may very well have spent hundreds at walmart this past 2 weeks.

So I have finally accepted the fact that I am indeed not pregnant this cycle. Now I just have to worry about no AF and how long this cycle will last. I am desperate to be pregnant by oct so DS will be born in July. But I am going to run out of time pretty soon here if I don't ovulate again.

So in the mean time while I am waiting it out I have been reading the shettles method and various other articles I have found online that claim to increase chances of a boy. So on that note, hello new faces, hello old faces............and who knows anything about shettles? energy.gifIt works, it doesn't, or I don't really care. Give me your input ladies.

Great to be back and here's to all you ladies in the 2WW.dust.gif

#2 of 4 Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 AM

I tried Shettles for a girl 2 years ago. We BD 5 days before I O'd .....and I got a son. LOL!! That said, I think that there were more factors involved for me that make it harder to have a girl. I did a lot of reading on InGender.com and I am trying out their suggestions to try for a girl this time. I'm in the 2 week wait RIGHT NOW so I will find out in 4 days if it took or not. I tried the O+12 this time. I think I had my timing spot on so I hope it took!!!

Good luck to you on your quest for your new son!!

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
#3 of 4 Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM

I'd say no matter what method you try, you've probably got a 50:50 chance of getting a boy ;)

#4 of 4 Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 AM

I don't remember the particulars of shettles but between timing dtd close to O and some dietary changes I think you can bring the odds slightly more in favor of a boy but IIRC, it's still less than 60%.  Good luck :)

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page