Bitter Sushi Ladies, October 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

The problem is, I'm pretty sure I only have a 10-day LP. (FF thinks it's 12, but I disagree). So if I don't get a BFP by 10 DPO, that basically means I'm out of the running. I thought TCOYF said that a 10-day LP is enough for a pregnancy to implant, but now I'm worried.

I don't think that's true, that you'd be out of the running unless you had a BFP by 10DPO. With a 10-day LP, I think it would be very possible to have a late period before a positive HPT. Besides, if you decide to take the progesterone, that may lengthen your LP anyways. Good luck.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Monkey - Yeah, for O!!  :)  If you get your BFP this month I may have to put more stock into flu theory.  My DH asked me the other day if I wanted a flu shot and I was like the last time I had the flu I got pregnant!   Also, I've read that PCOS may have something do with inflammation and it may just be that all the meds reduced the inflammation enough for you to O.

If you really think there's a chance of BFP then I say go for the progesterone.  If you do indeed get pregnant, I think the Dr. would be compelled to write a script for more once you tell them what your taking.  They know what would happen if you stopped.

In any case...just hope it's good news for you!

lilmom - Hope you get goof news about DH's job stituation!!  Will be thinking and praying for you.

I'm going to go get the Royal Jelly on Thurs. I think I've read to take it a few day before you normally O. I've also gotten some Vitamin D3. I read that PCOS may be related to low Vitamin D levels. My mom had "female" issues when she was my age and they have recently discovered that she has chronically low levels of vitamin D. 

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 AM

Hi all!

Old sushi lady poking my head in here to give three thumbs up for royal bee jelly. I had unexplained secondary infertility (all tests looked good, both mine and DH's) and yet it took us just over a year and a half to get pregnant with #2. I tried progesterone (just for the hell of it really, since my lp was always over 11 or 12 days), different vitamin concoctions, and temping. I took royal bee jelly for a month and got pregnant with spontaneous triplets (hence the three thumbs up). I have NO IDEA if the jelly helped with fertility or if it was just a coincidence that I took it at the same time as when I finally caught the two eggs I ovulated in April this year (I have fraternal twins all over my family, and I'm 35, making ovulating 2 eggs more likely. The fact that one of those fertilized eggs then split into two identical embryos is just wild chance. And the fact that all three embryos survived, implanted, and have grown nicely so far -- 26 weeks tomorrow -- is miraculous). 

I also had a HSG procedure three months before my BFP, and I've heard that can boost fertility for the 3 months post procedure. So it could have been that, too. 

Now I'll go back to quietly lurking, following along and cheering you on and mourning with you silently, hoping and hoping for all of you. Big hugs.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 PM

Emaya - That's such an incredible story I have a hard time believing it!  I can't imagine how you feel!!  Congratulations on your triplets.  It's always nice to hear BSL success stories.  Hope you have wonderful pregnancy and very few of the complications that come with triplets.

Now I'm really going to get me some Royal Jelly.  Of course, I will have been trying for 2.5 years in December.  I've pretty much given up hope of anything happening without a lot of drugs...but you never know what can happen!! 

I've also had the dye thing done recently (well w/surgery), so I'm hoping that helps.  The 3 month fertility boost is one of the reasons I'm so not happy with DH having to be out of town around O this month!! I may have to travel with him and leave DS with my mil.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Thanks for all the support, ladies. I think maybe I'm doing better. Or not. We'll see. 6 DPO today, and temps holding pretty steady. I decided against the progesterone. I want to give my body one last try on its own before I start fiddling with things. Plus, since FF and I actually agree on my O date this time, I'm curious to see how my LP comes out. And Kyamo, thanks for pointing out that I could theoretically have a viable pregnancy that just doesn't show up on the test by 10 DPO. We'll see. Both of the last times, I had a temp drop on 10 DPO (above coverline, but definitely lower than before), and bleeding started 11 DPO. So we will see. I really wish I had a good care provider right now that I was already established with. Right now I'm in limbo - if I don't get pregnant, I want to go see the doc that was recommended to me for PCOS treatment and get an annual exam done. If I am pregnant, I'd probably like to start care with a midwife, although there's a good chance I won't be delivering here in Houston if I am pregnant. So limbo continues. I'm going to test Saturday and Sunday, anyway, to see what happens.

lilmom - Praying for you guys!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 10-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Reading, whenever I can.

Thanks for all the hellos to me. Things are great with the baby, except anything and everything having to do with the foster system. The social workers seem to disagree on everything and destroy whatever little attachment the little one could try to create wtth us (that could then be transferred to others). It is absolutely sickening. If this beautiful baby ends up with RAD or a host of other issues, I can only say that I saw it coming and wept with her and for her... which she will never know... that someone actually tried to fight for her. One of the workers totally agrees with me, but had to just roll her eyes as her boss made harmful decisions that don't even make sense. Not just one, but many. I am wonderfully busy, but also very tired at night, so at this rate we will never be able to do the SA, book the HSSG or to even try to make a baby. Hah. Yet, there is something very right in this situation.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

LTB - Glad you stopped to check in! I'm sorry that that sweet baby might be hurt by other people's decisions, but I'm glad she has you, and I'm glad you're feeling good and right about what you are doing now!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM

Emaya - Glad to hear that you are doing well!

Monkey - Yeah for O again!!!!  Hoping for a positive outcome!

Lilmom - Hoping for good news about DH's job!

LTB - Glad you are feeling good about your decision to foster, I imagine that you will see many things that aren't in the best interest of the children, at least you can do all that you can to be a positive influence in their lives.  How is your dd feeling about the baby?

So after having af show up on cd 16, I think that I o'd on cd 7/8, all signs point to it, I'll know for sure if af comes back again next week, at least we got one bd in in the small window after af before o, I'm not even sure if an egg could implant oing that early.  My body is out of whack that is for sure.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaya View Post

Hi all!

The fact that one of those fertilized eggs then split into two identical embryos is just wild chance. And the fact that all three embryos survived, implanted, and have grown nicely so far -- 26 weeks tomorrow -- is miraculous). 

Congrats! ! ! jumpers.gif 

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Hello Ladies

Our board has been a bit quiet lately. I know I am guilty too; I had a very busy week. The in-laws were in town and I ended up being out of the house from 8am to after dark every day.  I turned in midterm grades today and now I am really ready for the weekend.  DPO 10 today.  My temps have been a bit higher post O this month.  I think that is a sign of increased Progesterone?  I am looking forward to acupuncture tonight.

Emaya- great story.  An inspiration, especially to us 35 and overs.  I'm with Wissa, royal jelly is looking good about now.  LTB- snuggle that baby as much as possible.  Monkey- Hope that LP is longer this time.

Hugs to all

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Emaya, that's incredible!

I'm at 14DPO.. I thought my fertility concoction was making me nauseous, skipped them this morning and was still queasy. Maybe it's in my head.. maybe not. Staying hopeful. going to POAS on the 16th if AF doesn't show.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
Old 10-14-2011, 11:57 PM

Monkey- How are you doing girl? Are you going to start testing soon or wait to see if AF shows? I am sooo hoping for you.

Ca Country Girl- That sounds really good! Hoping for you too.

Smiles- I am so sorry you are still so out of whack. Maybe that one bd was the trick though! Did you ever make a Dr's appt?

beautifulnm- How long is your LP usually? 14dpo sounds like a super awesome sign to me. But then I have a 13 day LP, without fail. So I'd be testing! How long are you waiting it out!

I think we might be about to get a bunch of BFPs! I hope so anyway!!!!

AFM, I'm thrilled to say that DH got the job!!!!! He starts on the 7th, so we will be moving within the next couple of weeks back to Dallas! Oh glorious day! I am soooo excited. This is so huge for us, in every way. I'm also about 4 days away from starting my prometrium and then after AF, pretty soon I'll be moving on to the Clomid. Lots of exciting stuff happening in my life right now!!! I just really, really hope that the Clomid is just the thing. I am also hoping that my doc will give me a prescription to take with me, but who knows. I might have to start all over with a new doc, which I will need anyway, especially if I do end up getting my bfp. I just feel like the timing is right..so I am really hoping it happens. We'll see. I need to remember that even with the Clomid, this might not happen right away. Or at all. I still may have to go on to IUI or who knows what. But I really, really have alot of hope for this. I hope I'm not deluding myself. Thanks ladies for all the prayers and support for DH's job. This seriously is the best news we have had in about 3 yrs!!! Wooohoooo! So, who's gonna be our next BFP..come on BSL October babies! I like that right now at least we have a few in the running.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:11 AM

lilmom, I was having wacky cycles, super long and I think I was o'ing super late.. I started the vitex and the opks said positive right around the correct time for a 28 day cycle.. so, I'm hoping 14 DPO is a good sign, not just my opk was a fluke.. I'm going to hold on a couple more days. I might make myself blind from the eye strain of trying to see the invisible line.. :P :P :P  I also laughed thinking of you bursting out in song, oh happy day, in the middle of a post. I'm happy for you on dh's job!

LTB.. namaste.gif i know fostering has to be hard in a number of ways. I'm glad babykins has you.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
Old 10-15-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

Monkey- How are you doing girl? Are you going to start testing soon or wait to see if AF shows? I am sooo hoping for you.

Ca Country Girl- That sounds really good! Hoping for you too.

Smiles- I am so sorry you are still so out of whack. Maybe that one bd was the trick though! Did you ever make a Dr's appt?

beautifulnm- How long is your LP usually? 14dpo sounds like a super awesome sign to me. But then I have a 13 day LP, without fail. So I'd be testing! How long are you waiting it out!

I think we might be about to get a bunch of BFPs! I hope so anyway!!!!

AFM, I'm thrilled to say that DH got the job!!!!! He starts on the 7th, so we will be moving within the next couple of weeks back to Dallas! Oh glorious day! I am soooo excited. This is so huge for us, in every way. I'm also about 4 days away from starting my prometrium and then after AF, pretty soon I'll be moving on to the Clomid. Lots of exciting stuff happening in my life right now!!! I just really, really hope that the Clomid is just the thing. I am also hoping that my doc will give me a prescription to take with me, but who knows. I might have to start all over with a new doc, which I will need anyway, especially if I do end up getting my bfp. I just feel like the timing is right..so I am really hoping it happens. We'll see. I need to remember that even with the Clomid, this might not happen right away. Or at all. I still may have to go on to IUI or who knows what. But I really, really have alot of hope for this. I hope I'm not deluding myself. Thanks ladies for all the prayers and support for DH's job. This seriously is the best news we have had in about 3 yrs!!! Wooohoooo! So, who's gonna be our next BFP..come on BSL October babies! I like that right now at least we have a few in the running.

Congratulations to your DH, and good luck with the clomid.

I just wanted to say, if your period gets a lot lighter after a cycle or two on the clomid, tell your doctor and do not let them blow you off! I told my doctor but he didn't think it was a big deal. I found out much later that this was a symptom of lining problems due to the clomid (measured with ultrasound much later), which I believe is the reason I never got pregnant taking clomid for so long, even though it got me ovulating normally.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM

bfn, i quit, i'm done. sigh.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

BFN yesterday and today. Not sure if temps are dropping. Will post more later.

PCOS
Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Monkey & beautifulnm- hug2.gif So sorry about the BFNs!!! But Monkey, watch those temps..you might not be out yet..and Beautiful, are you temping? If not..you might not really be out yet either..I am sorry you are feeling so done though.

Kyamo- Thanks so much for the congrats and the advice about the Clomid. I am definitely concerned about the thinning of lining as a possibility. I hope it doesn't happen. But if it does I will definitely make a big deal of it! I am not one to just do what Dr's say. I think many Dr's have hated me for questioning them!  It's so good to "see" you around and I hope you are feeling well and having a good time!

AFM, picked myself up some royal jelly at the health food store today. Figured it can't hurt anything. Now I'm in a quandry again though because I feel like I might be O'ing or about to O...we'll see what my temps do but I'm supposed to start taking the progesterone on the 19th..so if I am not sure I've O'ed by then I will go ahead and start taking it. Amazing how once I have drugs readily available my body starts working on its own. Ha. I am also very happy because since we found out about DH's job and our upcoming move, I have lost 6 pounds without doing anything different. I guess that is how stressful it has been for me having to live in a place where we are so miserable. I am hoping the other 20 or so lbs I need to lose will come off as easily..but then again, I also hope I get pg..soo..who knows. I doubt I would lose all that weight so easily. But I guess it's possible it really truly could just be a stress thing. !! I even made DH and DS use the scale to make sure it wasn't broken! : ) Hope everybody is hanging in there ok.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

CACG - Yay for higher temps! Hoping for good things for you... it has been waaay too quiet around here lately, though I'm also part of the problem. I had a pretty busy weekend with family, too. So, according to my math, you should be 13 DPO today, if AF hasn't showed. Please let us know what's going on!!

lilmom - joy.giffor your husband getting the job!! I've been praying for you guys, and I'm so excited for this change for you. I know you've talked for a long time about being unhappy where you are, and about not having a lot of medical options. I hope your move goes great and that you don't end up needing any of those meds! What part of Dallas are you moving to? (I went to high school in Dallas, in Richardson, actually.) Isn't lava or somebody from Dallas? Maybe you could have a meet-up! Anyway, hope the good news keeps rolling for you!

beautifulnm - I'm with lilmom... unless AF comes, it's not over yet. Please let us know what happens. hug2.gif

milk8shake - Where have you been?? Hope everything is going okay with you!!

everyone else - Say something! :) Like... what is your favorite pancake topping?

AFM, BFN again today. I wasn't planning on testing again till Wednesday, but dh told me to go ahead and do it, and I stupidly agreed. eyesroll.gif BUT... temp is still up. I think Saturday's temp spike was a fluke. Same temp today as yesterday, which, minus Saturday, is the highest temp I've seen this LP (I've been at 97.9 for 4 out of 11 days). So, if nothing else, my luteal phase is not worrisomely short this cycle! Still hoping and praying that this will be a BFP eventually, but I just don't know. I have zero symptoms, other than a couple of small things that are probably totally in my own head. Anyway, I'm getting kind of low on pregnancy tests, so I'm not going to test tomorrow for sure. Will try again Wednesday, maybe, if temps are still up. But this is the most hope I've had (at least based on evidence) in my whole TTC journey, so I'm sort of excited.

PCOS
Old 10-17-2011, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
privateeyes.gif Popping in to poke Milk8: when is that u/s? goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Lilmom- so happy to hear your news.  What a huge relief to be moving away from someplace you don't like!  My DH is military so we move a lot and have lived in a few places that I was anxious to get away from!  I'm actually not thrilled with our current location but more than likely we will be here for another 2 1/2 years until he retires (for a total of 5 years... the longest we have ever lived in one place!)  Congrats on the weight loss too, I've read that sometimes losing even just 5-10 pounds can help increase your fertility!

MonkeyScience - keeping my fingers crossed for you - I've been checking in all weekend hoping to see a BFP from you!

BeautifulNM - Sorry you are so discouraged... I think we all know how you feel.  Hang in there!

Milkshake - I'm anxious to hear an update from you... hoping and praying you get good news.

AFM - Nothing much to report... can't remember if I updated here after first Dr. appt.  Baby was measuring right on target (6w6d).  I'm relieved that this PG has already progressed further than my last pg that ended in MC, but I'm still a nervous wreck most of the time.  Next appt. is in a little less than two weeks... 

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 10-17-2011, 09:24 AM

Good morning Ladies

Just a brief word as I am about to bring my daughter to school.    

Yeah for new opportunities Lilmom.  

Monkey, good news on the LP and temp front.  Fingers crossed for you.  And good counting.

Milk8shake, I am curious too.  Hope you are well.

AFM- Yes, as Monkey says, I am 13DPO.  I won't test 'til I am late, Too many disappointments.

My temp is still up at 98.8 this morning!  That has been frequent this LP.  However, I also have some PMS type symptoms, so I am not sure how to feel about my chances.  Some ladies say the symptoms are the same and I can't really remember early early with DD to compare.  Still hoping.

BTW, my favorite pancake topping is fresh blackberries.

Have a good day all. 

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM

Blueberries and a gallon of maple syrup!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

CACG - When is "late" for you? So I can properly time my obsessing. wink1.gif

Smiles and sweetest - Good to hear from you!

Oh, and to answer my own question... depending on my mood, it's either mixed berry sauce (homemade) with whipped cream or peanut butter and syrup. Healthy, I know!

PCOS
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM

Sweetest- I know you must feel like a ball of anxiety, but hang in there!! We are all rooting for you and your little bean! SO glad to hear the baby is measuring right on target so far. That is great news! I'm sure it feels like eternity until your next appt. Praying for you!

CCG & Monkey- I am still keeping my hopes up for both of you. Monkey, like you said, this is progress even if it's not a bfp..also..just because you don't have symptoms doesn't mean anything. WIth DS I don't think I had any symptoms until 5 wks. I constantly felt like I was about to start my period at any moment...so CCG..I don't think you're out of the runnning just yet either..Keep us updated ladies! And I agree with Monkey: CCG, tell us when late is so we know how much to be obsessing for you! I definitely live vicariously through my fellow BSL's when I know I don't have a chance!

And as for me, I like a little pat of butter (or two) and fresh blueberries on my pancakes! No need for syrup. Just blueberries. But if I don't have blueberries, then definitely butter and maple syrup, although I'm one of those weirdo people that don't like too much syrup.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Sorry I was vague ladies.  Shows how obsessed and in my own head I have been I guess.

Lilmom- I hope you are right.  I kind of remember thinking that I was about to get AF days before I tested for DD, but I was much less in tune with my body then.  I still feel kind of crampy.  I also second you on the tons of maple syrup on the pancakes.  Might as well go all out when you are already splurging on pancakes for breakfast.

Ok- my LP is usually 14 days, so AF is due Wednesday.  I will probably test if she doesn't show by Thursday.  Really hoping not to see a temp crash in the morning.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 AM

Hello my dear ladies.

No pancakes for me, as they make my bloodsugar unstable. Well, I might have some, anyway, with strawberries and lots of cream.

LILMOM..... so thrilled about your move!!

I am going to make this short, as I don't know what to say: After being really active and busy for the past two weeks with our amazing little short term foster baby, I tested yesterday (why not, used to all the negatives). After 44 recorded cycles of negative tests, I got a clear, dark BFP  in the afternoon. Never did take the progesterone I had planned on using, as foster baby came right after ovulation and I was too busy to arrange the prescription. We are absolutely stunned and cannot believe it. First of all, we have been trying for years. Secondly, my intuition, it seems, was wrong. Never happened before, although it was also the first intuition ever ever something not happening. I truly don't even know what to think. I was completely resigned to  having only one bio and fostering or something like that. In addition, I am in love with the foster baby and wish I could have her stay. (Very unlikely, not 100% impossible, I suppose.) 

Thinking of you all, honored to have been part of this place for so long! I am just going to take it easy, and see what happens. With hypothyroidism and so far unexplained infertility, I don't know what my chances are here.... Either way, I am at peace, happen what may.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 AM

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!!!! LTB, I've got tears in my eyes and goosebumps all over for you! Hooray for intuition making mistakes! I've been following your journey for over a year now, your heartfelt ups and downs all laid out here so painfully and beautifully; I am so happy for you. 

Who was it who needed progesterone suppositories? I found the ones I have left from when I tried them in January (they didn't work for me - in fact, made my generally good lp short that month). There are 14 capsules 400g each -- enough for a week, I think, as I believe one was to take two a day. I'd be happy to send them off (though it'll take a week at least to arrive from Sweden). PM me if you'd like them.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:25 AM

LTB - I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU A MILLION CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!  You give me hope, so so happy for you.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:31 AM

LTB:  Wow!  That is so exciting.  Sending good vibes.

A and M, June 2012
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 AM

LTB, wow! That's amazing! Congratulations! Now go celebrate with some pancakes. winky.gif I hope you will join us over on the graduate thread. And that goes for all of you here. Hoping for everyone.

P.S. I like pancakes. Topping depends on the type of pancake. "Normal" or buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit (usually berries but also bananas) on top. Egg pancakes spread with marmalade then rolled. Potato pancakes with applesauce. I have to make any pancakes myself because they're not so common around here.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

User Tag List