Bitter Sushi Ladies, October 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 145 Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

heartbeat.gif Welcome to the October Threadheartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

Calycanth

TTC #1 since March 2010, one miscarriage May 2010

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

TTC # 1 since Oct 2010

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

Gemmine BFPChart2.gif

me(27) & DH (28) TTC #1 since July 2010 with 1 loss April 2011 (5 weeks)

IsisandOsiris

TTC #1 since August 2009

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches

TTC #3 since May 2010

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #4 ???

lilmom

36, TTC #2 for 2 years with PCOS and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

monkeyscience

me (27) and dh (25) TTC #1 with PCOS since 6/10 - waiting till May 2012 to decide on further interventions  chart1.gif

Objet_Trouve

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

rcr

TTC #2 since 12/2007, one loss in September 2010, one failed IVF in February 2011 BFPChart2.gif

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

Sourire

TTC #1 since August 2010

Wissa19

Wissa19 (33), DH (38) sweet buddy (12/07), TTC #2 since 06/09

yoyonana

34 , DH 31, TTC for 3 years, done all kinds of tests, unexplained infertilitty

hug2.gifIn our thoughts, on hold, and/or waitinghug2.gif

milk8shake

AGreenMum10

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness. Husband passed away 5/25/11 candle.gif

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

dust.gif BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick...

CA Country Girl - due 6/26/12 stork-suprise.gif

Praha - due 6/11/12 stork-suprise.gif

Sweetest77 - due 5/20/12stork-suprise.gif

TandN - due 5/17/12stork-suprise.gif

Kyamo - due 3/7/2012 stork-boy.gif

MommyMatsumoto - due 1/2012 stork-suprise.gif

Emaya - due 1/2012 stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-girl.gif

Sweet.Bee - due 1/15/2012 stork-girl.gif

lavatea - due 12/2011 stork-boy.gif

miriam bat avraham - due 11/28/2011 stork-girl.gifstork-girl.gif

Rachel88 - due 11/20/2011 stork-suprise.gif

MahnaMahna - due 11/2011 stork-suprise.gif

2whistle.gif Waiting on an update... 2whistle.gif

grahnola mum - due 10/3/2011 stork-suprise.gif

borobaby - due 9/12/2011 stork-girl.gif

justthinkn - due 9/2/2011 stork-suprise.gif

joy.gif BSL BABIES joy.gif

Jane -  baby boy 9/30/11

Maurine - Phin 7/20/11

Tear 78 - Anika 7/15/11

slylives - Cameron 6/15/11

kalamos23 - baby boy 4/28/11

xtara2003x - Emerson Rae 4/27/11

jenniferadurham - Ryan born 3/28/11!

Nanette56 - Tristan and Cael born 3/18/11!

finnegansmom - Henry born 2/11!

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11

LINK to our graduates thread - Summer/Autumn 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper (monkeyscience) know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

Please put all notes for changes or additions to this post in bold! Thank you!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 145 Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hope it's okay I started the new thread a bit early (unless you're in Europe... then I'm a bit late, I think!), but I figured I would forget first thing in the morning tomorrow.

This is totally optional, but I thought it might be fun to do a getting-to-know-you thing at the beginning of this month. Feel free to answer whatever questions you feel comfortable with, and disregard those you don't like!

Name:

dh/dp's name/age?:

Time TTC?:

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?):

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever):

Any angel babies?:

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?:

IF diagnosis:

Tests you still want/plan to do:

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC:

How did you meet your dh/dp?:

What is one of your favorite books?:

Movie?:

Dream vacation spot?:

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?:

I'll be back to fill out my answers tomorrow, probably! Also, milk8shake, do you want me to move you to the graduates list? What's your EDD, if so? Still praying for you!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#3 of 145 Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm going to go first, since I am bored before bedtime! I need to catch up on personals for everyone- I did read all the rest of Septembers Thread, happy for you having a diagnosis lilmom; I def think you should do some more hormone work smilesarefree; I'm wondering how your testing was today milk8shake; glad you are feeling you're on your way out of the woods with your cold monkeyscience; doctors are so hard to deal with, it is exhausting LTB-  I wonder if you can call to get the schedule for the week before you set up your appt;---and enjoy your 'quality time' CAcountrygirl!  Oh. Wissa- encourage those ovaries in whatever way you think will be most effective, sometimes we need tough love!

Name: Caitlyn

dh/dp's name/age?: Brian 26

Time TTC?: Off Nuvaring since 10/09 NTNP until 10/10- TTC since then

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): Nope, I haven't even tried with the trigger shot

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): I have a wonderful 1 yr old niece and a second on the way

Any angel babies?: none of those either

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: at this point probably just one, but we would like 2 or 3... My best friend told me today that she hopes we have twins, because with how long we have been trying we should be on to # 2 by now anyway.

IF diagnosis: unexplained infertility

Tests you still want/plan to do: None right now, have done ultrasounds, CD3 panel & HSG

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: ohh that is a hard one... I have done a lot of things just because we aren't pregnant yet.. I love to travel, I will really try anything. I spend a lot of time doing weights, yoga and pilates. I like to spend time with my family- sister, niece, cousins & their kids. We love to explore Boston when we have free time.

How did you meet your dh/dp?: First year of college, at a party

What is one of your favorite books?: Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Movie?: Comedy- Knocked up, Action- Shutter Island

Dream vacation spot?: Paris

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: I support just about everything, but there is nothing yet close to my heart that I have a passion for.

Well that was fun! I am bored at 5dpo... no symptoms that I don't accredit to the HCG trigger or progestrone supplements (sore nipples, cramps, fatigue).

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#4 of 145 Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just posted short notes to many of you in the September thread right before Monkey opened this one, hopefully you will still get them.

Name:  Darth (yeah really).  I am older than the first Star Wars Movie, but only by a couple of years, so I did get made fun of in Kindergarten. And kind of hard to hide my identity from anyone who has ever met me because of the name, but I want to share with you ladies.

dh/dp's name/age?:  Nicholas (also 35, but six months younger which makes him joke about me being the older woman).

Time TTC?:  Lets say about 17 months.  We were NTNP for a few months before, since DD 4th B-day in  Feb 2010.

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?):  Only with my DD and it stunned me.  We were NTNP then and I never thought it could be this hard to conceive.

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever):  One beautiful daughter (Adiya- 5 years old)

Any angel babies?: None

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: At this point, I would be really happy with just one more.  Though I am one of 4 and love the idea of a big family.  I would love to adopt in the future if it is feasible and I can convince DH.

IF diagnosis:  None.  First official IF appointment Oct. 21

Tests you still want/plan to do:  Maybe the HSG (thats the dye in the tubes right?).  Have done CD3 and 21 day progesterone (a couple of times)

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC:  Hike in the woods with my dogs, yoga, swim, ski when I can get to the mountains, some rock climbing, read a lot (I teach literature and still read for fun), write short stories (only published in literary magazines so far), gardening

How did you meet your dh/dp?:  On city bus in SF on a very rainy day.  Did not give him my number then, but found out we both worked in restaurants in the upper Haight.  Oh 1999- we were so young and care free then.  Fun trivia- his parents also met on a bus, but that was a bus from New England headed south during the Civil Rights Movement.

What is one of your favorite books?:  This is a really hard one for me.  I am a total book nut- but to name a few The Bluest Eye, Beloved, and Sula by Toni Morrison.  Anything by Octavia Butler (Awesome Science Fiction), Dostoyevsky's Notes from the Underground, Kate Chopin's The Awakening, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist Fight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie, The Last Report on the Miracle at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich, Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenidies, I could go on and on, recently loved The Game of Thrones series.  Let me know if anyone ever wants a book recommendation.

Movie?: Also hard- Oh Brother Were Art Thou and The Big Lebowski by the Coen Brothers,  My Neighbor Totoro by Miyazaki, Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal

Dream vacation spot?:  Would love to go to the Greek Isles, back to Northeastern Brazil (where I lived for 9 months), heck I would go so many places.

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?:  I am involved in anti-poverty and anti-racism work whenever I can.  I work at a University that is dedicated to Social Justice and community involvement (it is kind of liberation theology Catholic) and I bring students to homeless shelters and teach about social class and racial inequalities in the U.S.  I am committed to working for equal access to good education, health care, healthy food, and safe (non-polluted) neighborhoods.  I also am a big environmentalist (partly because poor countries and neighborhoods are often faced with the biggest environmental dangers).

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#5 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 02:54 AM

Thanks, Monkey, perfect timing, also for Europe!

Lilmom, SOOOO happy for you! Not a fun thought to think of being in pain, but yet, I am so thrilled that this diagnosis makes so much sense and that you don't need to wait forever to TTC.

I read my history on Mothering last night and saw a woman I don't even know (the old me, that is). I used to be much more gentle with other posters, and just seemed to have a whole different outlook. I found a message in which I asked about teething when our dd was less than 4 months old. I told dh about it and think I saw tears in his eyes, also. (Now we'll find out if he ever lurks.... lol.) Around the same time I had asked what percentage of women lose their milk during pregnancy and at what point, explaining that I was hoping to get pregnant in a year or so, as we would like a large family but, yet, wanted dd to be able to nurse until at least 2. (She ended up nursing until almost 4, so that makes me smile now.) That sweet innocence. Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. The reality, a year after that post about pregnancy and nursing, was that dd was still not eating solids, really (not until 2) I had started to gain weight and feel terrible, etc. And here I am, over 6 years later, still carrying that extra weight, now feeling quite well on dessicated thyroid, and still hoping to figure out what the matter is with my body. Maybe the hardest thing during these years has been to try to let go of the idea of a country house full of home schooled kids. Frankly, I still dream of that, somehow, and have not managed to find a different dream, really. The average 1.8 kids in the suburbs is so far from what I have ever wanted. Well, even for that I am still missing the 0.8 kids. Hah.

Name: LessTraveledBy (I can be recognized so very easily here, so at least I want someone to work a bit if they want to make sure I am me. I would wish they did not, as I don't want to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. Yet, I have been very honest here about the rawest of things... This has been my only place for such, so I would wish that it be left alone. Yet, what can I do...)

dh/dp's name/age?: MoreTraveledBy, 37

Time TTC?: Not sure. Started to TTC when dd was less than 3 years old, so almost 4 years ago. Then stopped for quite some time when thyroid medicine was being adjusted. Started again about 16 months ago.

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): Only once in 2005. Had been married for 6 months and became pregnant the first month of reversing NFP.

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): dd 6, who might well be quite miracle. (I have most likely had hypothyroidism since childhood.)

Any angel babies?: None that I know of. However, a doctor once felt I might have a problem with implantation, so count as you wish. Every once in a while I have a strange cycle with a much longer than normal for me luteal phase, yet, never a BFP.

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: At least 3, but preferably more. Had our 1st at 28 and believe in letting a child self wean. Thus I think I got married too late to have a very large family, anyway.

IF diagnosis: None. Hormone tests all okay, except progesterone, which was just a bit low, right below range. 

Tests you still want/plan to do: SA (somehow, not simple as won't do it the "usual way") and HSSG

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: Make shoes, surf the web (way too much, lol).

How did you meet your dh/dp?: online

What is one of your favorite books?: Right now, Max Lucado's kids books "You are special" and "You are mine"

Movie?: No clue... it has been 6 years since I went to see one and I don't watch tv almost at all

Dream vacation spot?: Ooh... just about anywhere as long as you don't have to be in great shape to enjoy things. 

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#6 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Name: Jayde

dh/dp's name/age?: Simon (29)

Time TTC?: I think I worked out the other day that it's about 28 months.

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?):  Several

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): None

Any angel babies?: Four little ones (12.5wks, 9.5wks, 8.5wks and 7.5wks)

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: I always thought I would have two - one of each.  At this point, I would be thankful for one.

IF diagnosis: Unexplained recurrent miscarriage, uterine abnormality (cannot say for sure if this has any impact on my losses)

Tests you still want/plan to do: Natural Killer Cells is the only test I haven't had

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: Play with my doggy, play guitar hero, go for motorcycle rides (as the pillion), surf the net

How did you meet your dh/dp?: At a NYE party

What is one of your favorite books?: Oh man, that's tough.  Maybe A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry.  I've read it a bunch of times, so I guess that counts. 

Movie?: The Castle  (It's an Aussie movie, and I heard that it bombed in the US lol.gif  I don't think Aussie humour is interchangeable sometimes!)

Dream vacation spot?:  Thailand - we are planning to go next year and sit on a beach for about two weeks.

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: Animal Rights.  I've been a vegetarian since I was about seven, and I have been working towards becoming a vegan for some time now. 

I know a lot of people think that animal activists are lunatics, but I'm not one, I promise.  It's just something I've felt strongly about since childhood. 

To be honest, I don't expect to see the world become vegan or vegetarian (certainly not in my lifetime - although it would be great!), but I am convinced that steps need to be taken to ensure that animals are treated in a humane and ethical manner.  They are capable of feeling fear, and pain, and I believe that measures should be taken to eliminate, or at least minimize their distress. 

I'm not convinced that the consumption of animal products are necessary for our existence, but I don't "push" my views onto others.  Having said that, I do think that it is important to be educated about how your food gets to your plate.  And that's what it's about for me, education. 

FWIW, my whole family, and DP eat meat.  I'm the only one who doesn't.  Although I'd love to change that!

WHOA - after all that, I'll have to come back for personals.

Smiles - I don't know about moving to the grads... that's really scary for me.  I guess technically I'm a bfp, but I don't know... Would it be okay to leave it until after my scan on Wednesday?  And I will see how that goes first??

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
#7 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

So fun to read about you ladies!

Don't have time to answer the questions yet, but maybe in a little bit. dh seems to be starting to get sick. :(

milk8shake - I'm actually threadkeeper this month, not Smiles, but it is totally fine for you to stay put until you're comfortable being moved!

PCOS
#8 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Jane had her baby!!! joy.gif

PCOS
#9 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Name: Beth

dh/dp's name/age?: Tim

Time TTC?: about 7 months

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): My son & about 7 months ago.

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): DS is 18 mos, nearly 19

Any angel babies?: BFP from 7 months ago. missed miscarriage

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: taking babycakes to the playground, baking, cooking, running, and yoga.

How did you meet your dh/dp?: mutual friend

What is one of your favorite books?: Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Seriously. I love kids books.

Movie?: The Darjeeling Limited

Dream vacation spot?: Germany.. or Belgium. . beer, rolling hills, and fast cars. not in that order.

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: very crunchy haha. organic vegetables on the Cuba model..

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#10 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

milk8shake - I'm actually threadkeeper this month, not Smiles,

Hahaha I knew that.  Apparently my brain is not functioning at the moment!! ROTFLMAO.gif

#11 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Name: Kinza

dh/dp's name/age?: Todd/39

Time TTC?: 35 months

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): Not a real one

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): None

Any angel babies?: None

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: One or two by now

IF diagnosis: Male factor, PCOS, endometriosis with scarring, autoimmune crap

Tests you still want/plan to do: Have done everything, I think

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: Work out, read

How did you meet your dh/dp?: Friend of a friend

What is one of your favorite books?: Rilla of Ingleside (I love kids books, too)

Movie?: The Snapper

Dream vacation spot?: Ireland

Do you have any causes you're passionate about  Literacy.  I live in a state with a really, really bad educational system.  The practical literacy rate here is shockingly low (and you only have to read on a fourth grade level to be considered literate!).  I believe my state will remain at the bottom of the country in every way as long as the educational system is allowed to stay broken.  The politicians seem committed to spending money on everything except education, so I imagine this will continue to be a problem.  So, I do my bit by working as an underpaid public servant, encouraging kids to read and teaching them to use the computers they don't have access to at home or in school.

lilmom, I'm so glad you found out what is wrong with you!  I'm sorry it's not really fixable, but I'm really happy it's not something life-threatening.

Still thinking of you, Milk8shake.

Congratulations to Jane!

AFM, freaking out about our happy little IVF cycle coming up.  I'm not using BCP or nuvaring to control my cycle because of bruising hormonal BC causes.  Apparently it can be dangerous, or indicates a propensity for blood clots, or something.  So of course my cycle is not cooperating, and I'm about 5 days ahead of where I want to be.  I have a call in to the nurse practitioner at the RE's office, but the office nurse did call back to find out when my lupron will arrive (Tuesday!), and she said that probably everything will work out ok.  If I need to start injecting a few days earlier, that will be fine and they can fit me in for the IVF training earlier than originally scheduled.  Hmm.  We'll see.  Anyway, lots of tension right now, much of it related to the IVF thing, but also work and general health stuff.  I've been going to acupressure appointments a lot, and that seems to help, at least temporarily.

A and M, June 2012
#12 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 PM

Name: Ali Age: 30 dh/dp's name/age?: Adam 31 Time TTC?: 24 months Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): 4 times Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): None Any angel babies?: 3 If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: Not sure... IF diagnosis: endometriosis Bicornate, retro Inverted Uterus...Funtimes Tests you still want/plan to do: I'm good... So far.. Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: Photography!!! It's my passion How did you meet your dh/dp?: He had a little Cush on me for year before we offically fell in love... We met and I knew he something else... What is one of your favorite books?: The best loved Dolls- another children's book... I just bought a new copy for the library... Movie?: Signs & The Village... I Love M. Night the director... But I also like funny movies like the Great Muphet Caper, Juno and Roman Holiday... It's a Mix but I love them Dream vacation spot?: Paris Or just France in general Do you have any causes you're passionate about- Recycling and just doing as much as you can to reduce waste...We need to clean up after ourselves while we are here. Update.... We heard the babies (embryo's) Heartbeat Friday! 124 BPM!! Fast little perfect beat! For 6weeks 5 days! It was so amazing, this is the FIRST time we could do this... We both got teared up, cried tears of joy and it was the same stenographer (sp?) she remembered us and she also had a hard time getting prego for her first so she was just so excited for us... I am so happy to have this stage, now to make it 5 more weeks and then I'll feel a little better, then a few more then even more better then.. the rest of the way and.....Few! But I'm not trying to get a head of myself just want to be positive.... This will be our time. It feels right.... Milkshake- How you doing? Any updates? Lillmom? How you feeling? XO all.... Thinking about you ladies...
#13 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 07:37 PM

I forgot..

I have been doing my web-inspired fertility cocktail of prenatals, B6, and vitex. Miraculously I am having a LH surge now, right on schedule for a 'normal' 28 day cycle (it was 33+ prior to this).

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#14 of 145 Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Name: I'm too private to share! But I will say that it is not Lily. I picked Lilmom for "lucky in love" mom : ) And also because my brother likes to call me Lil because I am little and he is about 6'1.

dh/dp's name/age?: 31 (yes I am the older woman. But everyone thinks we are about the same age, lucky for me, HIS age)

Time TTC?: 2 + years of hardcore trying, 6 months before that of Let's see what happens.

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): yes

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): One gorgeous 4 year old boy

Any angel babies?: At least 1, another 1 that I suspect, many years ago. So, probably 2.

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: at least 5. I would have as many as I could house/clothe/birth! Dh and I both really love children and wanted a large family. Like LTB, I dream of having a country house with a bunch of homeschooled kids. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen though.

IF diagnosis: pcos - irregular cycles and trouble ovulating.

Tests you still want/plan to do: I would like to do the HSG and the 3 day panel, if I dont get a bfp soon.

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: spend time with DH and DS, read, write, be in nature, cross-stitch, cook, bake, exercise, decorate, play rummy, watch college football or watch almost any sport live.

How did you meet your dh/dp?: at a piano bar

What is one of your favorite books?: Oh, there are so many. I don't know where to start really. I really love to read. I like funny chick lit books, classics, and sometimes dramas..but no murder mysteries or scary stuff. I love Barbara Kingsolver. Also love Jennifer Chiaverini (totally different from Kingsolver!), Emily Giffin, certain Faulkner novels, certain Hemingway..Flannery O'Conner..I could go on and on.

Movie?:  This one is also hard. Nothing is even coming to my mind! I like romantic comedies, sometimes dramas..again nothing too scary or awful. I feel like I have had enough drama in my life that I don't need to watch any on a big screen.

Dream vacation spot?:  I have several..Hawaii (love the ocean), Austrailia, Great Britain...I love any place with a nice beach and some historical context can be fun too. Love mountains too but the beach is probably my favorite. Once I lose 25 or 30 lbs I will be even more anxious to go.

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: I am passionate about organic/healthy eating. I also am anti-vax and feel strongly about it. I am passionate about individual rights as well...i.e. the ability to choose to homeschool, not vax, etc..I hate when govt tries to dictate these things and make them law .I am actually pretty natural medicine minded as well but I'm more passionate about it for my self and my family, and not into telling other people what they should do or choose for themselves, on all these issues really. I want people to make good, healthy choices but I don't want to force anything on anybody. I feel strongly about literacy and education in general. Our kids are not getting educated these days. My mom is a teacher and the stories she tells are so disheartening. The town I live in has a dropout rate of 60%. These kids have no skills, can't read, can't get a job. I feel passionately about child abuse. People should not be hurting their children. Wow. I have alot of causes. Anything that touches children really touches my heart, and practically everything touches children, doesn't it? I'm one of those people who wishes they could help every hurting, hungry, illiterate child in the world. Sigh.

***I am so excited for Jane!!!!!!****

Kinza- good luck on the upcoming IVF cycle!! Woo hoooo You'll be out of here in no time.

beautifulnm- That sounds really good!

LTB- Ohhhh I remember the innocence of being a new mama too and how positive I was and how I thought I'd get pregnant again 18 months after having DS..I thought I might have 3 kids by now...I try not to torture myself thinking about it. Thank you for being so happy for me! I'm pretty happy too, just trying to figure out if we should go ahead with the Clomid or not. AF should be coming tomorrow so I need to decide, because if we do try it this month, then I need to start taking it on CD5. So, I really only have a few days to decide, which is scary, because I am not 100% confident about this nerve-pain diagnosis..plus it's scary knowing there is probably no painkiller they can give me while I am pregnant to help me...but then again, I would know it was coming..I don't know. Maybe there is something. I need to try to contact the ob.gyn's office on Monday and let them know what the deal is. But I'm pretty sure muscle relaxants during pregnancy are a no-no. Anyway, thanks for the excitement!

Monkey- so glad you are feeling better!

AFM, like I said, trying to decide whether or not to go ahead with the Clomid this cycle..and also hoping Dh will get a new job quickly so we can move. Our lease is up in November and we don't want to stay here in this town, but we need a new job to move! Oh yeah, with my new meds, I slept last night, really well, for the first time in MONTHS. Felt great!!!!

#15 of 145 Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 AM

Congrats, Jane!! (So happy for you. I always wondered how you were able to do your job, mentally. So wonderful that it is now you holding the little one!)

Great idea to have everyone tell a bit more about herself. I wish we had done that a long time ago. Maybe new people could be asked to respond, also. It is so much easier to welcome a new person, when we can actually kind of picture her. At least I feel that way.

This will be another one of those cycles of "timed everything perfectly," and yet it will most likely be another BFN. I have too many cycles of negatives to really hope. However, I will be taking progesterone, starting in just a couple of days, and that is exciting. (NOT prescribed by the fertility clinic doctor, who it seems, did not even know what their lab considers to be a good result... Good thing I happen to have a doctor in the family, though I try to not trouble her with lots of stuff.)  We will try (again) to get the SA done in the next couple of weeks and then the HSSG. After that I WILL take the Clomid, I think, as that will be the end of the line for us. How many cycles does it make sense to take that, I wonder. (Anyone have an opinion?) The reason I am coming to this decision is that I only have until next fall to receive help. After we move, I will not be able to go to a clinic. More importantly, however, while I seem to ovulate basically every cycle, my OPK's are faint. Either the surge is very fast or happens at night or something, or I just don't have enough of the hormone. (Yet, I do ovulate, which is confermed by all possible signs, now including progesterone labs after an ultrasound.) Since my progesterone was a bit low, also, I am wondering if there might be something going on with my ovulations, like just not enough hormones. In any case, it feels good to be within a year of this journey ending, at least in some way. I doubt that we will ever stop timing things and hoping. 

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#16 of 145 Old 10-02-2011, 12:12 PM

I agree with LTB, I really like getting to know a bit more about all of you too.  Monkey- I hope you get time to give us yours soon?

I especially liked the causes question.  I happy to see more people passionate about making the world a better place for people and animals too.  I am right there with Kinza on the literacy work and I feel Milkshake on the animal rights front. Although I am kind of a "beady-eyed" (eat chicken and fish) vegetarian myself, I have always taken care of many animals and know they have feelings and emotions like us.  I think it is pathetic that humans are unable to recognize the rights of other species to survive and thrive.  

On the non- TTC front (but related to animals we love), I am reposting something I already put in TTC #2 if anyone goes there too.  I spent a couple of hours last night at the vet.  My hyper-active one-year-old german shorthair pointer cut his chest open on some barbed wire somewhere in the woods behind our house.  I thought we had got it all, but apparently we missed some.  Although my DD and I were both scared for him, I was really proud of how mature and helpful she was.  DH was at work and she really proved her five-year-old self able to be calm and collected in a crisis.  She told me, "I have never seen him with blood like that.  My heart is upside down," but she helped like a champ.  While we waited for him to be fixed up, we went out to sushi at a place where you pick your plates off the boats going through the canal in front of you.  Her favorite food in the world is Salmon sushi.  The puppy is OK, though it will be hard to keep him down until the stitches come out, and it really made me realize what a big girl my DD is becoming.  I know she will be an amazing big sister when we can finally give her the chance.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#17 of 145 Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM

Name: Tamara

dh/dp's name/age?: Nickname: Crabby, Age 28

Time TTC?: I'm on Cycle 12, but it's been since July 2010. There might be more, but I "tracked" 3 in 2010.

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): March 2011

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): 0

Any angel babies?: 1 loss, April 2011

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: Would love to have 4

IF diagnosis: N/A. Seeing my OB this month, will ask for basic tasting

Tests you still want/plan to do: whatever will give me some answers!

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: reading, blogging, daydreaming, traveling

How did you meet your dh/dp?: met in high school, 1st boyfriend, etc. split up after high school, got back together a few years later.

What is one of your favorite books?: Switch, Blink, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter series, true crime, travel narratives, historical fiction, sci-fi thrillers

Movie?: Black Swan, Jurassic Park, City of God

Dream vacation spot?: Morocco

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: Not specific causes, but I advocate research always to make educated decisions.

Cait: I would love to go to Paris too!

CACountry: Loved yours! I watched Game of Thrones but haven't read the series yet. My Master's is in Sociology and I focused on race, so I'm very interested in your university work!

LTB: What do you mean about the SA not being done the usual way? I know more and more people marrying someone they met online. Yet people who don't get online much still have ignorant things to say about it. I'll be very interested to see if taking progesterone helps you, and if you decide to go on Clomid.

Milk8Shake: My mom almost named me 'Jade' and it's on my list for a future baby girl, if she should ever come to be. Thailand beaches look so beautiful; I'd love to go too.

beautifulNM: I've been wanting to start yoga for the longest. How do you like it?

Kinza: Is this your first IVF? Keeping you in my thoughts.

AGreenMum: So glad to hear about your baby's heartbeat!!

lilmom: What will sway your decision to try the Clomid?

monkey: Looking forward to your personal stuff!

AFM: Having a weird cycle. I've been charting since January and 1 fool-proof (so I thought) way of telling I wasn't pregnant, was the temp-drop on 11DPO that I ALWAYS get. I'm here at 13DPO with not only no temp drop, but a temp RISE. BFNs 11 and 12DPO, didn't want to waste a test today. The OPK I used as a bootleg preg test was negative. So I'll be waiting to see what happens by Tuesday I guess.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#18 of 145 Old 10-02-2011, 11:16 PM

LTB- It does sound like maybe you don't have "strong" ovulation, so maybe the clomid will really help with that. I hope so. I'm glad you decided to go ahead with the testing and the clomid.

Gemmine- I'm hoping the temp rise means a bfp is coming soon!!! 

AFM, I think we are going to postpone the Clomid this cycle, maybe. DH and I are both concerned that my body will not be up to being pregnant just yet, if it did happen with round 1 of clomid. I know that's probably unlikely, but I can't really explain just how sick I have been. The pain was just about unbearable at times and I basically did not eat for 3 weeks with this issue. I was vomiting, nauseous all the time, miserable. I felt good yesterday, and I felt good today as far as the pain, but today was also CD1 so that means I also had a migraine headache. (I almost always do on CD1, especially if I ovulated.) So, it just seems like I might need a little time to really feel strong and healthy again before getting pregnant. However, I am so anxious to get on with it that it is going to be really hard for me not to take the clomid! But, then again, I have not been well for 2 months. If I get pregnant, and I'm unable to take the meds they gave me for the nerve pain, there's a chance I could have that pain for 9 months. Or at the least, after I get big. So, the whole thing is really scary now. But I also feel it will be worth it. I just don't really know. I think I will try to call the Dr's office tomorrow to ask about taking the meds and if I can take them together with Clomid, and if they think I should hold off another month. I still have my prometrium too, so if I don't take the clomid, and I don't ovulate at a "normal" time, I still could take the prometrium to get on with things later. In any case, we won't TTA, but we might not take the clomid, due to taking the other meds and seeing how my body adjusts. I feel good now, but there is a fear in the back of my mind that it could come back somehow. I know DH really thinks we should hold off. I am torn. But right now I guess I am leaning toward holding off. It's one cycle, and now I do know that I have enough eggs for that to be ok. i do hope they are healthy eggs though! Isn't Clomid supposed to help with egg quality? Anyone know? If I don't do it this cycle, we will do it in Nov. for sure.

#19 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, you ladies have been busy!! I've checked in via my phone, but I ended up having a pretty busy weekend (it's my church's big semi-annual conference, so that meant 8 hours of church for the weekend, plus spending time with family), so I never got to post my answers. Here they are:

Name: Monkey (yeah, I'm paranoid about using my real name on the internet. It's a very boring name, though!)

dh/dp's name/age?: Pirate, 25 (hooray for younger men!)

Time TTC?: 16 months (which amounts to a grand total of 2 ovulations)

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): nope (though I did test with my trigger shots - yeah, pregnancy tests work)

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): none, though I do have an adorable almost-1-year-old niece, with twin nephews on the way

Any angel babies?: no

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: 4-6 - I'm still hopeful IF doesn't mean the end of this dream

IF diagnosis: PCOS

Tests you still want/plan to do: I'd like to get my thyroid checked, AGAIN, knowing what I now know about optimal thyroid levels for TTC

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: read, do puzzles of all kinds, snuggle with dh, hang out with friends

How did you meet your dh/dp?: we met at a church Halloween dance for singles. I was dressed as a goddess, he was dressed as a pirate (hence his nickname). He got my number, asked me out for the next Friday, and 7 months later, we were married!

What is one of your favorite books?: read recently - Sisters of the Sari; in general - The Hunger Games trilogy, Harry Potter, pretty much anything by Eoin Colfer, random nonfiction about how things aren't what we think they are (like Freakonomics or Blink), all kinds of things, really. Oh, and for the Jane Austen inclined out there - Austenland by Shannon Hale. I laughed my guts out!

Movie?: The Emperor's New Groove is always good for a laugh; I also like Jane Austen movies, among other things

Dream vacation spot?: I realllly want to go back to Maui, but I'd say practically anywhere there's a Sandals Resort is on my list (no, never stayed in one, but I really want to!)

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: I have a lot of things I care a lot about, but I'm often pretty bad at turning caring into action. That's something I really want to work on. But I am pretty passionate about civility and mutual respect. I don't think there's really any excuse for rudeness, especially over contentious political or moral issues. I think that disagreement does not have to lead to insults and hostility, and I HATE name-calling.

I'll be back a little later to post my responses to some of the things you ladies have said. I'm still sick, but better than before. Still cannot shake the cough, and still feel especially terrible when I wake up in the morning. And, despite our precautions, dh is getting sick, too. :( I'm hopeful he won't have it as bad as I did. We'll see.

PCOS
#20 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 PM

MonkeyScience- Can you put me on the Due date list.... May 20, 2012!

thank you!

#21 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Green, super happy for you!

Gem, yoga is great. Yoga nidra is my latest discovery, yogic sleep.. I always feel deprived of sleep as my son has an internal alarm clock and never sleeps in haha.. Anyways, you feel super refreshed afterwards. Yoga in general is great, I really enjoy it when I get a chance. I think there are a lot of benefits, being more relaxed, less tension in your body, less aches.. Give it a try :) oh, and i want to go to Morocco also...... japan is the next trip though :( long queue of destinations..

AFM.. Guess I'm officially 2ww'ing now. fingers, toes, and everything else physically capable of being crossed is..

#22 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM

Monkey- I personally think you have more than enough time to have 4-6 kids. You are only 27!!! You have at LEAST 13 more years of ttc ahead..probably more if you really wanted to. I wish I was back where you are. I have almost 10 yrs on you and I am still planning on having 2 more. Really, I'd have 3 more if I could. I'm hoping for twins. When you are where I am at, you can realistically start saying a big family is not in the works for you. You can totally do it. BTW, have they tried you on metformin? I can't remember. I had a friend of mine who was also pcos, she ttc for 6 years, and then took metformin and got pg right away. Then when she wanted a 2nd child, same thing. Metformin was exactly the thing for her. Just a thought. She was 28 when she had the 1st one and 30 with the 2nd. Anyway, don't give up on your dream just yet. That's my point.

beautifulnm- I need to check into this yogic sleep, sounds interesting! Hoping for you!

AFM- I am officially going to hold off on the Clomid until Nov. I'm sad about it, but it's what I need to do. I talked to the Dr's office and they said I CAN take the muscle relaxant and the clomid together if I need to, but they would recommend I wait this cycle and let that nerve calm down, and let my body get more ready first. And I agree. I just hope Nov. is going to be it. That's when I got pg with DS, so I feel like fall is my "fertile time" in general. Wouldn't it be crazy if I conceived right around the same time as I did DS..they might have the same birthday even! I hope not..but it could happen..i should be O'ing right at the same time I conceived DS, just 5 years later! I'm getting excited already. I just need to get through this month first. : )

#23 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Name:  Shannon

dh/dp's name/age?:  John, 41

Time TTC?:  11 months (but baby-hungry for many years before that)

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): I'm on my 5th pregnancy

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever):  14 year old daughter -- the best thing in my life

Any angel babies?:  3: 1/11, 4/11, and 7/11

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?:  probably two; I'd love more if we could manage financially

IF diagnosis:  mostly unexplained recurrent miscarriage; recently diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR mutation; hoping that may be the root problem

Tests you still want/plan to do:  I think we're just about out of diagnostic options except maybe NK cells, but no one around here "does" them

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC:  cook, coupon, read, go to concerts with my daughter, cuddle cats, thrift store shopping, crafty stuff

How did you meet your dh/dp?:  online dating site!

What is one of your favorite books?:  so many. . . .  I love The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Movie?:  not sure on this one. . . .  We watch a lot of movies/TV. . . .  Inception was fun

Dream vacation spot?:  I've travelled a lot internationally, but my husband has not.  I'd love to take him around the world, starting with Italy or Germany. 

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?:  Child hunger/malnutrition is a big one for me, including unethical marketing of formula in developing countries.

Kinza:  I hope you are able to work out the scheduling for your IVF.  My mind is boggled -- so many moving parts!

CA Country Girl:  I was really touched by your daughter's bravery and love.

Monkeyscience:  Oh no, I hope your DH doesn't get too sick.  I'm glad you're on the mend.

Lilmom:  I'm sorry to hear about your clomid delay, but it sounds well-reasoned.

As for me. . . .  This was my first cycle using Follistim in addition to Femara to increase "targets."  I was very disappointed when I went in for my CD 10 u/s:  it showed a *single* follicle (after an extra $300 on out-of-pocket meds)!  I do ovulate on my own, so it felt like a waste.  That single follicle was a whopping 26mm, so I was told to trigger immediately, and I worried a little that it was "overcooked."  However, I got a positive HPT on Saturday (10dpo) and had my first beta done today:  51.2 (12 dpo).  That's much better than last time (which turned out to be a chemical pregnancy).  Hoping it rises healthily for Wednesday.  I feel like I should be more excited (or relieved) than I am.  After all, this time could potentially be different, now that we're treating the MTHFR and I'm negative for ureaplasma.  I think I'm trying not to get too invested before the second beta.

#24 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Name: let's stick with Wissa

dh/dp's name/age?: Wubby/39

Time TTC?: 2 years 3 months

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): yes...just once with my DS three weeks after I said I wanted a baby!

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): 3 almost 4

Any angel babies?: none

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?: I always thought 3.

IF diagnosis: PCOS, endo, one blocked tube that has been cleared.

Tests you still want/plan to do: want to have done = NONE : might eventually do HSG to see if tube has regrown

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: Play with DS, read, fish and hangout at my mom's river place,

How did you meet your dh/dp?: online

What is one of your favorite books?: I love to read, but I don't really have a fav. Once I've read it I'm done.

Movie?: Not much of a movie person - but as I have a background in psych I like Something About Bob!

Dream vacation spot?: A beautiful beach

Do you have any causes you're passionate about?: Absolutely....I'm against government waste and fraud. I'm against government trying to micromanage people lives. As a teacher I see the problems in education not as a lack in funds, but an overall apathy in communities.  The way to improve student performance in reading is more teachers!!  Student teacher ratio is a key indicator in student success!! Stop spending money on education bureaucracy and put it in the classroom. I also believe that my faith is an important part of whom I am. :)

lilmom -- Yeah that you know what's wrong! Boo that you have to live with it!!!  If you feel you aren't ready for the clomid yet, just wait a month or two.   There is nothing wrong in getting your body ready to TTC!

LTB - I'm in shock you're going to try clomid!  I was with you either way!  Hope you can get DH's SA take care of.  When did some research before I took the clomid and I think the general thought was not to take it for more than 6 months. I, also, remember reading somewhere that if it doesn't work in the 1st three months it probably won't work. 

Monkey - Thanks for the thread.  I'm w/lilmom --- don't give up on your big family just yet!  I really believe you just have to find what is going to work for you!

Kinza - Good Luck with IVF cycle!!  I've looked briefly at what all is involved to do a IVF cycle and I would be stressed too!  Stay strong this just might be your time.

Greenmum - Yeah for the heartbeat!!  We love those here!

Countrygirl - Poor puppy!! Isn't it amazing how fast our little one grow-up?

Ok - I can't find who posted about the increases progesterone levels??? What supplements are you taking to that? I would love to  try acupuncture there really isn't one close to me.

----A side note. I feel like I can post this here because you ladies seem like minded.  I just need to rant.  I saw a little girl today about 2 or 3 that had to out weigh my buddy by at least 5 times. I'm not talking a chubby little thing, but something way beyond that. I know there are medical problems that cause weigh gain issues.  However, I have to say it made me angry and sad to see this little girl. There is no way she could run around, climb and play like a normal 2 or 3 year old!!  I can't imagine what her joints will be like when she is older, will she also develop diabetes as child?...sorry it made me mad to think that her parents let her get that way.----  Because hello people there are lots of healthy foods out there!!  My little boy thought yogurt was sweet until he was 2!  Ok. I'm done.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#25 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Praha- Ok, if you aren't ready to be excited, I will hold off on dancing veggies and all that, but I would really like to say Congrats anyway! This could really be it this time!!!!!  I certainly hope it is! Please do keep us posted. And hang in there. I know keeping your sanity during this type of thing is so hard.

Wissa-I just have to say I agree with you 110% on govt micromgmt and also on the trouble with our educational system!!! My mom is a teacher. It's not a money problem. IMHO, it's a parenting/community problem we have. I love it when I find someone who agrees with me : ) And faith is a huge part of my life too. I pray for all the BSL's regularly. I know we all want little ones..and hearing the story about the overweight toddler just hurts my heart. I actually think that is abusive of those parents. I know not everyone might agree with me on that. And I realize there are medical conditions that can happen. But those are quite rare, that something like that would be going on and the parents really have no idea and just keep feeding their child junk. That makes me just sick and sad. Little ones don't pick out the food..and at 2 or 3 they usually don't prepare much if anything on their own either..we all know where the buck stops. So depressing.

#26 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha View Post

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): I'm on my 5th pregnancy

I was reading in order of the post (as you do), wracking my brain trying to figure out the 5th pregnancy.  (1LC + 3 losses = 4)  I had to read all the way to the end for the bit about the +hpt.  For future reference, I think +hpts go at the beginning of the post!! LOL ROTFLMAO.gif No need to confuse my addled brain.

Anyway, congrats.  I hope that the mthfr (does that make you think of what I think of?  naughty!) treatment does what it needs to do.  Can I ask what your treatment protocol for it is?  Maybe you mentioned it, I can't remember! 

BTW: you're not the only one on pg number #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

On the non- TTC front (but related to animals we love), I am reposting something I already put in TTC #2 if anyone goes there too.  I spent a couple of hours last night at the vet.  My hyper-active one-year-old german shorthair pointer cut his chest open on some barbed wire somewhere in the woods behind our house.  I thought we had got it all, but apparently we missed some.  Although my DD and I were both scared for him, I was really proud of how mature and helpful she was. 

Oh boy.  That would have been so hard.  I don't know if people will think I am sad and pathetic, but my boy is like my baby.  (Obviously, people who actually have babies always think I'm a loony when I say that).  Clearly, animals have a special place in my heart anyway, but Duke has been my saving grace through all my losses.  Dogs are so cuddlesome and non judgmental, especially when you cry.  I really hope that your doggy is gonna be okay, especially for your daughter's sake.

AFM:  Had stupid cramps and bleeding on Sunday night, so spent yesterday in the ER.  (YAY! irked.gif)

The upshot is, there is definitely a baby in there.  The measurements seem a bit wacky, but I am trying not to stress.  HB was 117.

It's crazy, but I still feel totally unpregnant.  Ridiculous considering how sick I've been with the last four. 

Anyway, is it weird if I don't want to be moved to the grads yet?  I did kinda post on the BSL grads thread, but not because I feel comfortable there, mainly just because I'm trying to be aware of not posting too much here, IYKWIM? 

#27 of 145 Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Name: Sol

dh age: within a year and half of mine

Dh took many years to get on board

been wanting to TTC around 7 years now

Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): no

Kids? (ages, genders, whatever): none

Any angel babies?: none

If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?:  4

IF diagnosis: haven't gone down that road yet.

Tests you still want/plan to do: pretty open to most things

Fun things you like to do when not obsessing about TTC: volunteer, cook, take walks

How did you meet your dh?: at uni

Do you have any you're passionate about? my family, faith, volunteer work, food, loving life

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#28 of 145 Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Okay... so much to respond to!

cbaa - I love your new userpic - where did you find that? Also, it's strange, but I know another Caitlyn from MDC whose husband is also Brian - but they have 3 kids, so obviously not the same person! When is your beta, again? And are you going to be POAS any time soon? Inquiring minds want to know!!

CACG - Do you mind that I abbreviate your name that way? Also, do you know where your parents got your name from? I've definitely never heard it before! (Outside of Star Wars, of course.) I may have to hit you up sometime for a book recommendation for dh (my 'reluctant reader' winky.gif), though I think we've got one to listen to now that he likes. Where in Brazil did you live? My brother just got back from two years of missionary service there. He lived mostly in Macapa and Castenhal. (I forgot which state they're in.) Also, I hope your doggy is doing better - that sounds really traumatic!

LTB - How do you make shoes?? That sounds like an interesting hobby! Also, I love all the Max Lucado children's books. My mom actually bought a copy of You are Special for each of her kids... when we were teenagers! As far as Clomid goes, I've also heard that it's not recommended that you use it more than 6 cycles. I think it's both because it's unlikely to work after that, and because it increases your risk for something... cancer, maybe? after 6 cycles. Anyway, best of luck in deciding what to do!

milk8shake - Eeek! Sorry you had to go to the ER. greensad.gif But glad you have a heartbeat! Still hoping and praying for you! I want to go to Thailand, too. My college roommate was Thai, so I would have a local guide. Which would be great, because traveling to a country where I don't speak the language actually kind of terrifies me. I realize millions of people do it every year, but I still haven't figured out how. As far as animal rights - I definitely agree that animals should be treated humanely. I admit I'm not the best a putting my money where my mouth is on that matter, though I would like to improve. Most of the people I personally know who care about animal welfare are super nice, and definitely aren't lunatics. The lunatics are the ones I read about in the news, mostly. So while visiting the PETA website actually makes me want to go and eat a hamburger just to spite them, I would actually like to move toward less meat in my diet, and having more free-range, local meat when I do eat it. All that to say - go you, I'm sure you're not a lunatic!

beautifulnm - Baking! That's something I forgot to put on my hobby list. I love baking! I wish cookies were health food. bag.gif I'm also a huge fan of juvenile/young adult fiction. I've been wary of Lemony Snicket, though, because I heard it was super depressing. Maybe I should give it a chance? Anyway, good luck with your TWW!!

Kinza - It's been a long time since I've read all the Anne of Green Gables books. I should put them on my re-read list. I remember loving them when I first read them. Also, I totally want to visit Ireland! And ITA about education being the key to fixing so many problems. Good luck with your IVF!!

GreenMum - Yay for a good heart beat! I have put you on our due date list!

lilmom - That is interesting about your name - it never even occurred to me that your name would be Lily - I always assumed it was just short for 'little', though I wasn't sure why you picked that. I love that it's an acronym! I haven't done cross-stitch in years, but I really enjoyed it when I was little. Maybe I should take it up again - it's a lot more precise than crocheting, which is my current crafty hobby (not that I've done that in a long time, either). I mean, there's a pattern, and there's little holes, so it takes a lot of the work out of trying to make consistent stitch sizes (something I struggle with). I'm sorry you're going to have to take a cycle off from TTC, but I'm hopeful that the break will help your body get back to the way it should be so you can have a nice, healthy pregnancy. And no, I haven't given up on having a large family yet, but God is constantly reminding me that He's in charge, not me, and that my life seldom goes the way I plan it. So I am trying to let go of my personal expectations, and just accept what comes. I have tried metformin twice, to no avail. I also know people with PCOS that just need metformin to get pregnant, but I am not one of them. Either that, or I haven't been able to take it long enough to get that result. It makes me really nauseous and gives me terrible headaches, so I doubt I'll take it again, unless I can get a doctor to prescribe the extended-release version and see if that works better.

Gemmine - Fingers crossed that you get a BFP! The chart definitely sounds like a pregnancy chart!

praha - I'm with milk8shake - BFPs go at the beginning of messages! I was also doing the math, but since you said you were 'on' your fifth pregnancy, I decided to scroll down to the bottom and read the end of your message first. Congrats!! Hope you see good things at your second beta. Let me know when you're read to be put on our BFP list. orngbiggrin.gif My dh also loves Inception, btw. He says it's his new favorite movie.

wissa - I'm totally with you on the student:teacher ratio thing. How on earth am I supposed to provide individualized help and support to students when I have 25+ kids in my class? And I was lucky that the biggest class I ever had was 28 students. I know a lot of districts routinely have 30-35 students in a classroom. Which is completely nuts.

sol_y_paz - Welcome! Do you want to be added to our list? If you do, let me know what you want your blurb to say! Also, thanks for the reminder - my faith and family are also something I'm passionate about. :)

AFM, well, I feel a little exhausted after responding to all of that! I guess that's what I get for not making time sooner. dh got home from work very early yesterday, and I slept in late, so I only ended up having about 4 hours where I was both awake and alone at home. I woke up this morning not feeling like completely crap for the first time in over a week! I didn't feel awesome, but I didn't feel like dying, either. I'm hopeful this really is on the way out the door, though it will probably be several more days before it's completely gone. dh is getting sicker, but so far shows no signs of getting as sick as I did at my worst. But it's completely lame, because now that we're actually home, we'd like to go do fun things and hang out with friends, but we can't because we feel like garbage and don't want to make others sick. Anyway, baby steps!

PCOS
#29 of 145 Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 AM

Just want to say -  joy.gif to Praha.  Hope this is it for you!!  

Milkshake - Sorry about the ER visit.  hug2.gifAnd even though I have a child I totally understand that your dog is like your child. I believe dogs are one of God's gifts to man as they serve us in so many ways. 

And Monkey I hear you on the 28 kid thing.  As a special ed. teacher, I have had teachers look at me like duh! I know I'm supposed to do that, but I'm only one person!!  LOL - That's when I got out my magic wand.   Do you have one of those?  They come in handy!   I really believe that if they put two teachers in every classroom student learning would imporve dramatically.  It's not the teachers, but it just might be all the paperwork they spend hours doing.  And in my case I almost had to be trained like a lawyer to fillout all the sp. edu stuff.   So, maybe not two teachers, just one teacher and one admin assistant for each class.   wink1.gif

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#30 of 145 Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Milk8shake:  Wow, I'm so sorry you ended up going to the ER.  It sounds very stressful.  But you've got a sweet baby in there with a heartbeat and everything!  You know we all have our fingers not only crossed, but practically knotted up for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Anyway, congrats.  I hope that the mthfr (does that make you think of what I think of?  naughty!) treatment does what it needs to do.  Can I ask what your treatment protocol for it is?  Maybe you mentioned it, I can't remember! 

BTW: you're not the only one on pg number #5

Yeah, "MTHFR" is only a step away from an acronym which sums up how I feel about recurrent miscarriage.  DH and I now use the word you're thinking of when referring to our infertility, as in "Now that we're treating the M*TH*RF****R, maybe we have a chance."  My RE's treatment for it is aspirin (which I was already taking) and FABB tablets (like Folgard) (which I was already taking, but now take double).  According to his math, with the homozygous C677T I process folic acid at one quarter the usual rate.  The FABB tablets have 2.2mg of folic acid each.  I get more in my prenatal and also pop over-the-counter folic acid, too.  I'm trying to get as much as possible naturally in food.  According to my RE, there's not really any risk with too much folic acid/folate, because it's water soluble.  There was some study which linked megadoses to autism, but that was with women without MTHFR or related problems.

I will say -- if I wasn't already on it, I would demand Lovenox/heparin and doctor-shop until I got it.  My RE doesn't believe in Lovenox for MTHFR, but I'm on it anyway empirically, so it works out.  It seems like the medicos are divided roughly in half about whether MTHFR is a serious blood-clotting thing or not.  I was supposed to start Lovenox upon +HPT, but actually started it after ovulation after doing my own research on the web and reading other people's treatment plans.

Wissa:  I hope you know how much parents appreciate the thoughtful, committed teachers in their children's lives.  I feel so lucky that my daughter has had some incredible teachers.

BeautifulNM and Monkeyscience:  I love to bake, also.  My daughter was recently diagnosed with a slew of food allergies, which kind of cramps our style in the kitchen.  So far we've figured out how to do oatmeal cookies and brownies without wheat, egg whites, milk, or potato flour (which often subs for wheat flour!).

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and encouraging words.  I'll update after I get news of my beta tomorrow.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page