Falling into Bajingo Juice: TTC #1 in our 30s - October 2011 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelala View Post

AFM my psychotic chart continues. Temp spike this morning after the dive yesterday. I showed it to DH and he was like 'Um it looks like you ovulated again' that is how big the temp spike is. I of course spent at least 30 minutes on FF looking at implantation dips and seeing how many happened at 5DPO. There were enough to get my hopes up - so much for being all om.gif heh heh heh

here is the link if you'd like to stalk (read: please stalk my chart and give me some insight!) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35b593

I've been having some volatility as well.  I think this is a weird time of year as the seasons are changing.

Running-lovingjog.gif, cycling, yoga-savoring, foodie, wife to an amazing DH partners.gif, adoptive mama to four fuzzy friends dog2.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif, pregnant  belly.gifwith our precious "honeybee" daughter Mae baby.gif to bless our lives EDD 9/8/2012.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Pitch, nice to see you back.  It is exciting to see others get their BFP. Gives me hope!

Took my temp this morning and it was up, so today is officially 3 DPO.  Now I am definitely in the 2WW.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Can I just say that facebook is sometime the bane of my soul?

The man I dated before my husband sent a friend's request.  We had been friends in college, than reconnected 10 years later and dated for 3 months.  Thought he was going to marry me one weekend and he broke up with me the next.  Turns out he got married in 2010 as well and his wife just had a baby. 

I am praying even more that this cycle will be "the one".  The "left behind" feeling is looming.  Snap out of it! 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 AM

Lilac- Grrrrrr for exes on FB. I'm rooting for you and sending some sticky vibes! I hope the 2WW goes by fast, although it always seems to take forever.

Thank you everyone who chimed in about the Preseed. I'm supposed to O this weekend so we're getting ready to BD a lot. Although we'll have a bunch of houseguests staying over for our costume party this weekend and DH is growing a moustache (as are all the guys on his team at work. They're competing for Mo-vember), so it'll be an interesting time.

Happy Tuesday to all of you stillheart.gif

Me (34) massage therapist/small business owner and DH (34) TTC #1 after early loss in 2002.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS weekend. I'm officially 30 now. I celebrated hard.. I'll spend this next week eating right and exercising again. It was hard to be good with all of the drinks and food people kept throwing at me.

My app said I O'd Sunday - I felt like I O'd Monday and FF said I O'd Wednesday. I'm clearly not good at charting. So - we leave for South Africa Nov. 6 - we'll pretty much be BD'ing every other day the second week we're there - so we catch my O day. Fingers crossed that it happens in SA - the hubby would just love that.

Sending a little preggy dust to everyone next cycle!

lol Lilac - I hate FB a lot. I'm on twitter a lot more.

Dana - Have fun BD'ing!

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calpurnia7 View Post

I've been having some volatility as well.  I think this is a weird time of year as the seasons are changing.

Me too.. that and I'm so new to temp taking that I'm clearly messing it up. I might just let it go and get an O kit of some sort.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM

Good luck with your journey pitchounette! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchounette View Post

Hello everyone!

Just stopping in for a quick hello.... so good to see GREAT news (Bel, Caly, CACG!), and so many ovulating women!!!  Woohoo!!!  :)  I read every post and I'll try to get around to personals here soon... meanwhile I am sending positive vibes for everyone.  :)

DH and I had a long talk, and we are going to start trying again this month.  My emotions are all over the place, but I feel in my heart that it's the right thing to do.  I just had a normal AF and everything seems to be back to normal with my temps, etc.  It's strange because I feel hopeful, yet there's a melancholy mood to this journey that was never there before the m/c.  We are going to stay positive and try and relax.....and hope for the best. 

Love you all!! 

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Happy birthday!!  I turned 30 recently too :)  And, good luck in South Africa-- here's hoping for an international baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebyr View Post

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS weekend. I'm officially 30 now. I celebrated hard.. I'll spend this next week eating right and exercising again. It was hard to be good with all of the drinks and food people kept throwing at me.

My app said I O'd Sunday - I felt like I O'd Monday and FF said I O'd Wednesday. I'm clearly not good at charting. So - we leave for South Africa Nov. 6 - we'll pretty much be BD'ing every other day the second week we're there - so we catch my O day. Fingers crossed that it happens in SA - the hubby would just love that.

Sending a little preggy dust to everyone next cycle!

lol Lilac - I hate FB a lot. I'm on twitter a lot more.

Dana - Have fun BD'ing!

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 PM

Thank you Lake! *fingers crossed*

Happy Belated B'day!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Hi everyone! I am 35 and my DH and I are TTC our first child. I wasn't ready for a very long time (we've been married 13 1/2 years) and of course now I wish we'd started sooner, but that's the way it is. We've been trying since August, so still fairly new to this. I've been lurking on these threads for a while and thought I should probably just go ahead and introduce myself already. redface.gif My chart is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37d75d

Thanks!

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM

Welcome scowgirl! I hope your stay here is short Welcome.gif

Me (34) massage therapist/small business owner and DH (34) TTC #1 after early loss in 2002.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:03 AM

Welcome Scowgirl!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 AM

Hi ladies.  Pitchounette, it's great that you and dh had a long discussion and you feel ready for the next step.  Best wishes for this cycle!

Lilac, I do hope this is your cycle, too! hug2.gif I must be very hard-hearted because I pay so little attention to facebook. Dh shows me the pictures that friends and distant friends post (of their children, for instance) and I just feel happy for them. Facebook gives you the impression that you know about what's going on in someone's life, but it's really just a thin slice and it hardly lets you see the deeper depths. I think that's why I care so little for it.

Hope you have a great o weekend, Dana!

Happy birthday Thebyr! I also find that my perceptions of o, temps, and opks don't seem to line up. For instance, apparently I o on Saturday according to ff temps, but my opk was clearly positive only on Sunday and I had o feelings Sunday. The exact same thing happened last month. I hope you conceive in SA!

Welcome Scowgirl. I have to say your chart is looking great! Maybe you'll be with us for a very short time!

AFM, just when I said above to thebyr. It's frustrating to me that ff and opks don't line up.My temping time had been off for some mornings leading up to o, but I don't think it would have made a difference. I just wonder why the opk can be so clearly positive a day after my temp shift for 2 months in a row.  Well, at least we had been bd like mad this time.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM

Thanks Andaluza - at least I know I'm not the only one..I think I'm just going to wing it in SA and then get an OPK for my Dec cycle if we aren't successful. *fingers crossed* that everything happens next month.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

AFM, just when I said above to thebyr. It's frustrating to me that ff and opks don't line up.My temping time had been off for some mornings leading up to o, but I don't think it would have made a difference. I just wonder why the opk can be so clearly positive a day after my temp shift for 2 months in a row.  Well, at least we had been bd like mad this time.

Overall I'm frustrated with temping since I'm in 2WW so I've stopped.  Right now temps are high, which is good, but there are swings and I don't want to use the temp tool to predict whether I'm PG or not.  Got my tests from amazon.com and I'll test if I'm late on AF next week.  It helps that I'm extremely busy with work and social plans - this 2WW is much easier than it was last month.

Running-lovingjog.gif, cycling, yoga-savoring, foodie, wife to an amazing DH partners.gif, adoptive mama to four fuzzy friends dog2.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif, pregnant  belly.gifwith our precious "honeybee" daughter Mae baby.gif to bless our lives EDD 9/8/2012.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:57 PM

I understand Cal7. Mine was all over the place and I was worried about a thyroid condition (even though I just had mine checked in May), then it gave me a random O date. Now I get two and three days without any change at all. I'm confused and I did the first 8 FF lessons. lol. Anyway - here it is. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/thebyr

Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

My temp was up higher this morning  - 5 DPO.  I should wait to Nov. 5 (Saturday) to test.  I am excited my temp went up today.

Had fun last night sewing together another half-apron.  I need to get  a few more done for a trading event on etsy.com this weekend.  I love hand made things.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM

yay lilac - fingers crossed for you!

Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Here is a picture of the half-apron I made.  Finally got photos posted last night so I can sell it.

IMG_0242.JPG

There is a "constructive frustration" thread here where people make all sorts of things to keep their minds off of TTC.  Sewing is my way to unwind.  Another high temp at 6 DPO.  What will tomorrow bring?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:49 AM

lilac love the apron - so pretty and YAY for more high temps FX for you that your 2WW goes quick and your temps stay up!

thebyr is this your first month charting? i can't remember.  my first month was a mess when i look at it now.  my temps were all over the place i kept thinking it was my thermometer it was so stressful!   Then I read this http://www.mabisdmi.com/assets/downloadsupport/documents/15-639-000_English_Instructions.pdf  and my temps leveled out and seemed more accurate.  It is all about putting the thermometer in the same place in your mouth every day. Hope that helps!

AFM 9DPO and I have NOT POAOPK or an HPT which is a miracle! Temp was back up today so that was nice.  I usually start a slow decent in temps tomorrow.  I am not sure if I have any 'symptoms' I have been breaking out like a teenager and there seems to be more creamy CM than usual but who knows!  DH is taking his CPA exam today so we're driving about an hour away and then have plans for a date night YAY! Happy Friday everyone!

chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35b593

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 AM

reelala - thank you for the info.. now I see that EVERYTHING needs to be the exact same. I'm going to check out that link. Thanks so much.

Cute apron Lilac - I knit and crochet to keep sane each winter.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Lilac-- Love the apron!  I think the concept of "constructive frustration" is great!!  I am taking up knitting again-- just trying to avoid the cute baby sweaters patterns :)

Old 10-28-2011, 08:21 PM

Welcome scowgirl! Glad to have you, but hope your stay is short as well. :)

lilacvioletiris - lovely half apron! I wish I was a crafty person. I think it's amazing that people can create things with some skill and their own hands. Also, kind of a bummer about your ex on FB. I myself have cut WAY back on FB because I feel like it was making me into a negative person.

dana - have fun BDing this weekend! best of luck too!

Glad to see everyone's temps are up during this 2WW! I'm at 6 DPO and temps are fairly high, but I started spotting today. :(  I usually spot for a few days before AF is due, and it's due about next Tuesday, so I'm pretty disappointed. Not sure if the B6 I have been taking lately will help with luteal phase or not. So either the B6 didn't do anything, or that's implantation spotting, and I don't think that's it, judging from my typical cycle behavior. I'll just keep an eye on things until AF gets here... I hate the 2WW!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 PM

Thanks so much, everyone!

lilacvioletiris, I love that half-apron. And I grew up in Ceresco and then Marshall so I'm originally from your neck of the woods. Goooo high temps! smile.gif

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:29 AM

I can't tell anyone IRL right now, but had to tell someone. I got a BFP this morning!! Maybe not so "BF" because it's about the faintest line ever. I will attach a photo, but my camera is kind of crappy (plus the line is barely there) and none of the pics I got actually show anything. I am 10 DPO.

Right now I think I'm mainly just a little worried about the fact that my temp dropped a bit this morning. I haven't seen any spotting yet, but this is when AF would normally come, so we'll see what happens. Also I have been taking 100 mg Vitamin B6 to lengthen my luteal phase, and using a little OTC natural progesterone cream here and there (maybe once a day or every other day), so I guess I need to do some research to figure out if I should discontinue those now. I know the B6 is probably too much if I am pregnant, but I'm afraid my hormone levels won't stay high enough if I discontinue both cold turkey.

Then there's the fact that DH is out of town until Wednesday and I need to scoop the box for our 2 cats until then. I know the risk of toxoplasmosis is pretty low... however, when we got them they had coccidia. We treated them for it and their stool samples came back negative, and they also just got off antibiotics (we told the vet their stools were a little soft, and based only on that, she prescribed antibiotics... we were kind of skeptical of this approach but wanted to try and trust the vet). So who knows what, if anything, was causing the soft stools. They are strictly indoors now, and I picked up some of those disposable surgical masks and have been using those and gloves when I scoop the litter--and washing my hands, obviously--but I'm afraid I may have been exposed to it before or something. If we still had our cat who passed away in August, I wouldn't be worried at all, but these kitties are "new" and I don't know what they could have picked up in the short time they were outside at birth.

Really wish I could talk to my DH right about now... bouncy.gif

IMGP0193.jpg

Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Scowgirl, I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!  Do you have another test?  Hopefully the line will get darker.  Too funny that you are from Michigan.  I moved here in 2001 for my first job and have stayed on!  I like it here, even though there aren't as many women my age TTC around here.  Most of them my age had kids over the last 10 years.  That is why I love this forum.

Thanks for the compliments on the half apron - I traded one last night for a cute pair of Mary Jane crocheted slippers on etsy.com.  There is a team called "Trade-a-holics" and all sorts of people who make all sorts of things exchange items with each other.  I love it!  I think hobbies, whatever form they may take, are so important to keep ones mind occupied and relaxed.

Still high temp today, although almost all of mine have been the same this LP - 97.18 degrees.  Maybe I should get a new battery, even though I have only been temping since April.

Feeling kind of sick with coughing.  Gonna lay low and relax today.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:54 PM

Hi ladies! I hope that you are all enjoying a great weekend. I am super busy, which is good, but not getting any rest, so next week will be tough.

Calpurnia7, I wish I could stop temping, but I'm still kind of addicted. But I am there with you on the keeping busy helping not obsess. Here's hoping that you get your bfp next week!

Reelala, your temps are looking good, how are you feeling? 

Ncat, sorry about the spotting. I hope it's actually something like implantation! 

Scowgirl, congratulations! Your stay here looks like it will be super short! joy.gif

So happy to hear about your temps, lilac, and your successes at constructive frustration. Do I recall you saying that you were testing this weekend?

Afm, aside from the busyness I had a temp surge this am, but last month I had a gradual rise up to this temp before it plummeted on cd 13, which is still 6 days away. Seems so long away! We'll see. I'll just keep trying not to overanalyze the crampy feeling I've been having lately.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 10-29-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the congrats, lilacvioletiris and Andaluza! Glad to hear about the continuing/initial high temps you are both experiencing!

Of course, as soon as I said I was not spotting, the next time I went to the bathroom there was pink on the tp. It's been happening like that off and on all day (mostly on, if I'm being honest) and I had a reddish-brown spot on my underwear. Really nervous to see tomorrow morning's temp because I think this might be the short lp coming back to bite me in the butt. I'll test again either way, but I think the result will really only be meaningful if my temp stays up and this darn spotting stops.

Also, I did a stupid thing because although I did get DH to call me and told him over the phone, I couldn't obsess about it at length to him because he's out of the country and we didn't have that long to talk. So I ended up telling my parents and brother this afternoon because I just really wanted to talk about it with someone. I'm afraid I'm going to have to untell. I guess that'll teach me not to do that again.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:32 AM

my temp skyrocketed this morning so i did what anyone else would and POAS...

.IMG_0600.jpg

ahhhh! i am so in love already.  thank you all for your kind words and support the past few months it really has made this journey easier.

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 AM

Two BFPs! Fingers crossed for you scowgirl, a little pink doesn't mean you're out of the game. I hope you get that darker line asap! 

Congratulations reelala! No questions about that dark line! Woohoo! 

Lilac - Love the apron. Do you have an etsy store? 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).

User Tag List