Falling into Bajingo Juice: TTC #1 in our 30s - October 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 427 Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

calpurnia7 - darn! I was very hopeful for you! AF finally arrived today for me too, looks like we're cycle buddies for now. Crossing fingers for next month!

lilacvioletiris - I think we're on the same cycle too! Well, similar at least. We can commiserate about AF together. af.gif

Thebyr - what a sweet man you have there! Why can't my guy be like that? LOL! I've managed to get him to take a daily multi-vitamin, but that's about it. Looks like things are going to work out with the timing of AF and your trip!

krunchyK, I hope the herbs and NAC will help you along too. Carrot soup - is this known to improve CM? I have so much to learn!

andaluza, I hope your week is improving. I'm sorry you had such a tough day earlier this week. I hope your temps continue to stay up!

CD1 for me today... I spotted for a whole five days before full AF arrived today. I was hoping the vitex and B6 would help with the spotting, but it's even more "spotty" than before. My temp finally fell to below coverline today so I'm counting today as CD1. I went ahead and ordered some more TTC stuff to try to tackle this month full force - a new BBT thermometer (so that will make THREE), progesterone cream, vitex tincture, and I'm planning on going to get some OPKs. Also I had read in one of the books I have that statistically, more babies are conceived in the colder months so I'm hoping to get lucky (haha) this fall through winter. I also extended my FF VIP membership by 6 more months. Also ordered some eco-friendly feminine products to try out for AF time, so hopefully that will make AF more... fun?? LOL! Hoping I see some EWCM and a longer LP this month.

Weekend's almost here! Yay! biggrinbounce.gif

#242 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Ncat and calpurnia, I am definitely joining you in this AF cycle matching.  Too funny for a set of women who aren't even in close contact.  I starting having a light flow this morning.  I am sure AF will be here full force by this afternoon, just in time for me to conduct parent teacher conferences, yeah!

Looks like my O date is projected to be during Thanksgiving break.  That will be interesting as I am going to be with family sleeping on an air mattress.  I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#243 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Sorry to hear about AF, Calpurnia!  Your husband’s sentiment was so sweet.  Sometimes I get so fixated on what will happen during and after pregnancy that I forget to be present in my life right now. 

Ncat – I learned on a different forum that carrots improve cervical mucus.  It has something to do with the alkaline properties of the carrot.  However, I am not sure if cooking the carrots changes the alkalinity of the carrots, rendering them useless.  I do like carrots and came across a delicious sounding carrot soup, so I am going to make some this weekend.  It can’t hurt!

I too have a regimen. I take NewChapter Organics Perfect Prenatal.  I’m sensitive to multivitamins, and I like these because they don’t hurt my stomach and they don’t make me burpy.  Also, for some reason, they are half price at the organic grocer I frequent here in California.  The same vitamins were double the cost in Colorado.  All good things!  I also take a slew of other supplements to address the PCOS including Chinese herbs, NAC, Vit D, B Complex, Inositol, Multi-Mineral (1/2 dose), EPO/Fish Oil, and CoQ10. It’s a lot.  Inevitably, every four or five months, I get sick of taking all the supplements and I switch back to just the prenatal and fish oil.  I then read another compelling research article or personal experience about a supplement and then add it to the list. 

I can commiserate Lakeruby, my Chinese herbs are gag-tastic.  I’ve had a bad cold this past week and it has been especially difficult to keep them down.  Yuck. 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#244 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 PM

That is such a great way to look at it!  Good job DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calpurnia7 View Post

I wish it could be implantation spotting, but this is definitely not spotting.  It's all good!  My DH held me this morning and told me how beautiful he thinks I am and that he's happy this special time of us TTC'ing can last longer, the time when it's just the two of us sharing ourselves with each other.  And he does have a point, because after a baby comes all of that changes.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#245 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Cal7 *Hugs* - so sorry. You have a pretty comprehensive regimen. I do use the chia seeds for my acid reflux. NOTHING has worked this well in years. I love them. My friend found some in South Africa so I wouldn't have to deal with Customs. I might have to incorporate some of the things in your regimen.

Ncat - He is pretty sweet. :-)

LOL KrunchyK - me too - I try not to be too complicated.. but I always seem to be on some strange cleanse or detox.. where I have to stand on my forehead at 3 am every other half moon for half a year minus 1.25 months. I just want to be as healthy as can be.. why doesn't this industrialized world make that easy?

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
#246 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Your dh sounds like such a sweetie, calpurnia7. Mine swings between that sort of sentiment and complaining that we should have started sooner. Interesting reading your regimen and that of Krunchyk. Thanks for sharing. I have been interested in the greens, but when I pick them off the shelf there is always some ingredient I am unsure of, since I'm trying to avoid things that I can't keep using in possible eventual pregnancy.

Ncat, I hope that the spotting gets under control soon! That must be very frustrating. Have you had hormone testing done to see what is causing it?

Lilac, that is quite interesting about the syncing cycles. I guess I'm just a little behind you all!

AFM, started feeling a UTI last night, and now I am pretty sure that k-y does have something to do with it. Also, my probable oncoming af, since the doc said that there was microscopic blood in my urine which could be from af (?), though I don't even see spotting. I was able to calm the symptoms quite a bit by drinking a ton of water, cranberry juice, and lemon and lime juice straight, since we have an abundance from our tree, so I wasn't expecting her to say I had a lot of blood. Now I'm just pretty tired and looking forward to some rest; I was waking up at the crack of dawn since last week and now we'll have an extra hour this weekend of blissful sleep. orngtongue.gif  I didn't temp this am because I woke up hourly to pee.

Happy almost Friday!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#247 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 05:00 PM

I think I might have mentioned this a few weeks ago or maybe that was in another forum - my doctor said - "when you start trying - stay away from K-Y. It can make concieving difficult." She mentioned that it sometimes causes a hostile environment for the sperm. She didn't say all lube - but specifically K-Y. So we don't use it at all - mainly because I'm allergic to that an spermacide (mostly everything really). Thought I'd share.

#248 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Thebyr, I've heard that too and we use preseed to ttc and the time leading up and a bit beyond, but when I don't have any egg activity, we've been using whatever is handy.  Thanks!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#249 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 05:37 PM

andaluza - Sorry about the UTI coming on - KY jelly is no bueno for me either.  My body can't tolerate artificial lubricants well at all.  Condoms lubricated with spermicide were the worst.  Without fail I would start getting a UTI.  Make sure to drink lots of water, and have acidic fruits: lemons, cranberry, pomegranate, etc.  Yogurt and a good, strong probiotic will help as well.

In regards to the greens supplement, mine is pretty basic.  It's all foods and superfruits.  I'll probably need to run the ingredients past my doctor when I get pregnant, but when I ran my regimen past her she didn't seem too concerned for TTC.

Krunchy - good to know about the carrots for CM!  I love carrots orngbiggrin.gif

Are any of your hubbies on supplements?  I'm thinking about having mine start taking folic acid and zinc.

Running-lovingjog.gif, cycling, yoga-savoring, foodie, wife to an amazing DH partners.gif, adoptive mama to four fuzzy friends dog2.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif, pregnant  belly.gifwith our precious "honeybee" daughter Mae baby.gif to bless our lives EDD 9/8/2012.

#250 of 427 Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Andaluza I'm so sorry about your UTI! I can think of few bodily afflictions more annoying and uncomfortable. A couple of years ago DH and I tried a new position and I had a bad UTI by the next morning. I now call it the $200 position since that's what it cost to go see the Dr and get meds. All the cranberry juice and probiotics in the world didn't help. I hope yours clears up soon.

Me (34) massage therapist/small business owner and DH (34) TTC #1 after early loss in 2002.

#251 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

My DH and I both take a vitamin B complex with folic acid.  All the prenatal vitamins I have tried constipated me and I have no desire to be in that condition.  My doctor said it is the iron in the multivitamin that does it and the folic acid was the most important thing.

Yesterday was parent teacher conferences.  Having AF start on that day was "oh so fun".  Thankfully since I have decreased my soy consumption I haven't had the knock me out, vomiting pain like I did before I changed my diet.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#252 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the commiseration, Dana. I am taking pregnancy-safe antibiotics (just in case, since I sill have a little tiny smidge of hope against odds). I just have to say that the straight lemon and lime juice (I did mix it in a few glasses of water and cranberry juice, too) really made the annoying dull pain go away before I could get antibiotics. Wish I knew that in the past.

Lilac, sorry about af on what was undoubtedly a very long day. I am really glad that removing soy from your diet has had such an amazing effect. I don't eat it anymore as a main ingredient, like soy protein, but I don't avoid it if it appears as a flavoring. I don't know if it is the lack of soy or stopping caffeine, but I never get painful fibrous breast tissue like I always used to get around af. Some of us must just be more sensitive to these things. I've discovered the brand Quorn, which has soy-free protein products (but they do use wheat). Still not as versatile as some of the soy products on the market, but I've been able to integrate them into my diet occasionally.

My temp is still up, but probably because I'm fighting an infection....still bfn, but no spotting, either. Happy Friday!

#253 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 AM

I would like to join this board! biggrinbounce.gif

My name is Erica, I'm 31, and have been trying to conceive since June this year. I did get pregnant the very first cycle, but had a miscarriage on August 1st @ 6 weeks. greensad.gif

A little background on myself... I've typically always had very regular periods. 31 day average cycle, but the past two cycles were 29 days (not sure if my body is still trying to regulate itself of what) I'm typically a very healthy person. Don't drink, smoke, healthy weight, workout 3x a week, butttt I was diagnosed with breast cancer last October. I had a few surgeries to fix that loveliness, and now I'm all fixed up! I didn't have chemo or radiation, thank Goddddd... just the crappy surgeries. I'm on no medication whatsoever, but I have been taking prenatal vitamins and fish oil for 6 months and just started taking extra B6 and B12 this week.

I was given the green light in October to try again (2 cycles after the miscarriage), but no dice (although we actually tried in the end of September too. I did wait to have one cycle before doing that). I just started charting so here is my link:

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#254 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM

Welcome Ericaf!  

Andaluza - Don't lose hope! I used to get UTI's all the time, and inevitably it would escalate until I there was blood in my urine.  Sometimes I would see it when wiping (when it was outrageously bad), and other times my MD would tell me the lab saw it.  There is a good chance the blood your MD spotted is from the UTI, not AF.  I did not know about the lemon/lime juice treatment. Anything that staves off that pain is appreciated. Thanks for the tip. 

Several days ago I mentioned carrot soup.  I’ve included the recipe from Blue Eggs and Yellow Tomatoes by Jeanne Kelley.  I also found a delicious carrot soup from The Pioneer Woman food blog here, but haven’t tested it either.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/carrot-thyme-soup-with-cream/  Enjoy!

Sweet Carrot Soup with Dill Gremolata (4-6 servings)

Soup:

3 T unsalted butter

½ cup shallots

2 lb Nantes carrots or other sweet carrots

1 bay leaf, preferably fresh

Salt

Gremolata

2 T minced fresh dill

1 T minced shallot

½ t finely grated orange zest

¼ t fleur de sel

Soup: Melt butter in heavy, large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.  Cut carrots into ½ inch rounds, add them to the pan, and stir briefly to coat with butter.  Add 4 cups water and the bay leaf and bring to a boil.  Cover and simmer over low heat until the carrots are very tender, about 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf and discard. Using an immersion or standard blender, puree the soup.  Season with salt to taste.

Gremolato:  Combine all ingredients and sprinkle over prepared soup when ready to serve. 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#255 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Welcome Erica!

Running-lovingjog.gif, cycling, yoga-savoring, foodie, wife to an amazing DH partners.gif, adoptive mama to four fuzzy friends dog2.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif, pregnant  belly.gifwith our precious "honeybee" daughter Mae baby.gif to bless our lives EDD 9/8/2012.

#256 of 427 Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 AM

welcome Erica!

#257 of 427 Old 11-05-2011, 07:01 AM

Happy weekend, everyone!

Welcome, Ericaf, you've been through a lot and I hope your bfp comes soon!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Krunchyk, I have gone through the same thing with this dr. before, she always wants to retest my urine after the infection is over and it's always clear. But, I do always get these around af, so who knows. My temp is still up and no spotting yet, but still bfn. I am not using "good" i.e. expensive tests, so I am thinking about buying a first response today if I don't see any spotting.  

#258 of 427 Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 AM

Welcome Erica! I'm so sorry for your loss and about your cancer. It sounds like you've picked yourself up by your bootstraps and are moving forward with your life. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Your strength is admirable! I hope your stay here is short Welcome.gif

Me (34) massage therapist/small business owner and DH (34) TTC #1 after early loss in 2002.

#259 of 427 Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Hi all, just checking in.

Starting clomid 50 mg tonight for the first time, CD3. I'm nervous about mood effects, I had terrible depression during PMS this month, really was happy to get over that. I'm also in the process of getting a referral to a fertility clinic after a false start.

Shout out to my teacher ttc homegirls, Tickletoes, cath and lilac. :) TT and cath, how are you? Haven't seen you around. Hope all is well.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#260 of 427 Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Thank you for all the welcomes, ladies!! Anyone else trying the vitamin B thing? I just started supplementing this past week with an extra 50 mg of B6, and B12... Although the smallest dose of the B12 I could find was 250 mg... makes me nervous. I don't want to be overdoing anything.

danadavis108... I'm trying! thumb.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#261 of 427 Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Welcome Erica! Most people have positive experiences with Bcomplex,  I however found that it delayed ovulation for me by up to 5 days or so. I am currently taking vitex to help with spotting and to lengthen my lp, and have had pretty great results except for this cycle, spotting 7dpo, greensad.gif.

artsy nurse (29) married to artsy grad student (32) since 2006. ttc #1 since may 2011  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/374a78

#262 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Boots, good to see you.  I am having some make up parent teacher conferences tomorrow.  At least AF will be at the end, instead of the beginning. 

Ericaf, the only vitamins I would be concerned about "overdosing" on would be Vitamins A, D, E, and K because they are fat soluable and stay in your system.  All the others are water soluable, so basically what your body doesn't need, gets flushed down the toilet with your urine.

Off to a meeting this morning!

#263 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Hi bootsvalentine. I hope that all goes well with the clomid. Since 3 months for me did not yield pregnancy results, I've decided to do the next 2 months without meds to see if my body has been shaken back to "normal". I would not worry too much about mood swings and other side effects for the moment. I think that ttc is so emotionally-fraught anyway that I'm not entirely sure what to blame for the few emotional swings I've experienced. The symptoms I think I can almost certainly attribute to clomid were: acne that fluctuates through the cycle, and redder, more sensitive nipples (indicative of progesterone surge during luteal phase). We were unsure whether I was ovulating before it, and I did not track my cycles well before it, so I don't know if it lengthened my pre-o part of my cycle, but I sure do feel as though it made me take a long time to o (I took it cd2-6 at night). But it doesn't seem to effect everyone that way. I did respond well to it, according to my gyn, though. Good luck!!

Ericaf, fwiw, since my experience was not based on ttc, I used to take a super b-complex because of my diet and I always spotted (pretty much bled for a day or so) at midcycle. I wasn't ttc then, and just thought it was weird, but now that I've learned more about ttc, I can't help but think that whatever those b vitamins do for others, they certainly did nothing to help my spotting. I have since stopped spotting, but we'll see what happens this month (I was on birth control pills to regulate my cycles jan-june this year, then we started ttc for a month alone and 3 months of clomid). This month off clomid will be telling. I was still spotting weirdly when on the bcp, but once I went off them, it stopped. I only take the prescribed prenatal. The only thing I would watch out for, and I think you're totally covered with the low dose (nowhere near even 1g), are the neurological effects of b-6: here is the info from the following site: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb6

"High intakes of vitamin B6 from food sources have not been reported to cause adverse effects. However, chronic administration of 1–6 g oral pyridoxine per day for 12–40 months can cause severe and progressive sensory neuropathy characterized by ataxia (loss of control of bodily movements). Symptom severity appears to be dose dependent, and the symptoms usually stop if the patient discontinues the pyridoxine supplements as soon as the neurologic symptoms appear. Other effects of excessive vitamin B6 intakes include painful, disfiguring dermatological lesions; photosensitivity; and gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea and heartburn"

They find "low potential for toxicity" with b12.

Have a great day, lilac.

Temp plummeted this am, so af can only be right around the corner. As I said, natural cycle for the next 2 months before we have to take a ttc break mecry.gifand I think my gyn will do the 21-23 cd testing to see if I'm o on my own, so this will be informative. I'm curious to see what happens with my spotting issue.

Take care, gals.

#264 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Hi Folks,

Been out at a conference for the past several days, so I was really distracted during a good chunk of the 2WW. Made things much easier. I haven't been able to read back in the thread very far and I hope everybody has been enjoying the process and everyone's little beans are sticking :)

The first day my period was likely to start was yesterday, sooooo.... I guess I'll wait a few more days. The last day a regular period would start for me is Thursday so I am trying to hold out till then. No symptoms so far... I managed to stop over-analyzing every little thing in my body. The 2WW can be so crazy-making and I had a lot of false alarms the past few months.

Best wishes to everyone

Viddy

ETA- My sister doesn't know my cycle and that I am able to POAS by now. We are very close (however she harasses me all the time trying to convince me to have babies so I don't share a whole lot of details with her), and she wrote yesterday to tell me that she dreamed I was pregnant. That's a good omen I think :)

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#265 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 AM

Viddy-- that's an awesome omen!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamViddy View Post

Hi Folks,

Been out at a conference for the past several days, so I was really distracted during a good chunk of the 2WW. Made things much easier. I haven't been able to read back in the thread very far and I hope everybody has been enjoying the process and everyone's little beans are sticking :)

The first day my period was likely to start was yesterday, sooooo.... I guess I'll wait a few more days. The last day a regular period would start for me is Thursday so I am trying to hold out till then. No symptoms so far... I managed to stop over-analyzing every little thing in my body. The 2WW can be so crazy-making and I had a lot of false alarms the past few months.

Best wishes to everyone

Viddy

ETA- My sister doesn't know my cycle and that I am able to POAS by now. We are very close (however she harasses me all the time trying to convince me to have babies so I don't share a whole lot of details with her), and she wrote yesterday to tell me that she dreamed I was pregnant. That's a good omen I think :)

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#266 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 PM

Congrats reelala and scowgirl! joy.gif I hope you both have a happy and healthy nine months ahead of you.

Boots - hola.gif I hope the clomid goes easy on you and works. Keep me posted about the referral and how things go. I'm cheering for you!

I've been swamped - with time and emotions. Time-wise, EVERYTHING that I'm involved in has something big going on around now and I'm unable to drop any of it. I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. My classes are going well so far. I'm not ahead as I would like to be though... being ahead gives me a nice cushion when I get overwhelmed. The munchkins at school are really sweet - I've got such a great class. Parent conferences are Thursday and Friday, so I'm prepping everything to tell the moms and dads how fantastic their kids are.

My last cycle confused me because I was a little late - It depressed me a bit to be honest. Then, last weekend was the year anniversary of my first loss.  I also logged into a site I haven't used in a while and it had the cheek to congratulate me for being in my second trimester. gloomy.gif

I'm 11 DPO and trying not to hang my hopes on anything. I desperately want to be pregnant this cycle. I think it would ease some of my other hurt. We'll see what the next several days bring. At the moment, my temp is up. I've had odd, localized cramping for a few days. I can't make out what is causing them. Could be my bladder, but I don't have any other symptoms of an infection. Could be constipation, but its too localized for that. Could be implantation cramps, but I really don't want my thoughts to take me there. No other symptoms except for some mild and random tenderness in the boobs, but they've become proficient liars. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them - and seeing as they are attached to me, that's not far! bigeyes.gif

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#267 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM

i would love to be added to this group! i've been reading through this thread and it sounds like a lot of great, smart women... @tickle toes i'm really pulling for you this cycle!

i'm 35 and it has been a year since my first pregnancy ended in early miscarriage. we've been ttc since with no success and so this is my first cycle on clomid. i'm on cd6 right now and feeling hopeful after several cycles of feeling pretty jaded. i've decided not to do opks or charting this cycle simply because my overly obsessive brain can't handle it. i'm also vowing to not test early (we'll see how that goes...)

fertile thoughts to everyone :)

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#268 of 427 Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Andaluza, thanks for the clomid info. I think you're so right about the clomid mood changes probably just blending in with the rest of the emotional turmoil of ttc. I didn't have any negative effects today, felt pretty good. Glad you got some good info from your doc about your response to clomid, etc. I can't wait to have a doctor who is interested in helping us figure this out.

TT, I've been thinking about you. I really hope this is your month. I felt that total desperation this past month too, and I was crushed really hard when I wasn't pregnant, even after all these months. Do you have a doctor you trust? I'm sorry for the reminders about your losses.

Haha, your boobs are liars! Mine are too. I just hope that the post-O soreness I experience means my progesterone levels are good, I haven't had them checked (see previous bitching about doctor)

Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed, I am really overbooked and behind with school, too. I have so many ideas and projects and I want to do all of it, but it doesn't all get done.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#269 of 427 Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

ericaf and indie1976, I have your information added to the first page.  If you want me to change your month you started TTC, just post here and I can change it.  Welcome!

boots and tickletoes, I totally hear you on the school is intense!  They are changing up the evaluation system at my school and it is a bit overwhelming to consider it all.  I have a high school geometry class that I am really trying to reach.  Any ideas on how to get non-sequential thinkers to learn geometry proofs?  Yeah, that is the challenge before me.  I just went to a 2 day conference on school counseling (I am the guidance counselor in addition to being the math teacher at my small high school) and I have lots of great ideas.  Now to implement some of them that will make a difference.

#270 of 427 Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM

Hello everyone!

Welcome Indie & Erica!

TT, I got your message and will reply soon... life is hectic and busy here too... not enough hours in the day!!  Love you!

Boots and Lilac, school is crazy here as well.  I'm doing a big project on Armistice Day with my little French students.  It's a great learning opportunity but so. much. work.  I think to myself---why am I bringing on all of this extra work?!  And then we have a great lesson and class and I think---oh, well, that's why.  :)  This time of year is just rough... holidays approaching, deadlines, vacations, family dramas... the works.  ;)  Hugs to both of you.  It's so good to have fellow sojourners on this TTC journey.  I am having secret fantasies about starting Clomid.  Just *something* to get the ball rolling (and keep it rolling...).

Andaluza, Viddy (fingers crossed), everyone else---lots of hugs and good fertile thoughts! 

AFM, got a pos OPK on Monday morning.  BD'd Sat, Sun and yesterday so I think I have my bases covered.  Temp is a little funny but the smily face guy on the OPK really reassured me this month.  I need to be pregnant.  How am I going to get through the holidays if I'm not?  Clearly I worry too much.  About everything.

The only big thing I'm doing right now is drinking TONS of water.  Read a great article last week about how women are chronically dehydrated.  I need like 80 oz of water per day.  I was drinking like 20, with lots of Diet Coke/ Crystal Light/ occasionally coffee.  So now I'm swilling the water constantly and actually feel a lot better. 

In other news, Michelle Duggar is expecting baby NUMBER TWENTY.  I typed that in 20-point font btw.  But seriously, universe?!?!  We are only asking for ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) 

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page