DPO 8 and curious about Cervix Position - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't think it is possible not to get your hopes up for pregnancy when there is even a little chance of being pregnant, but I am pretty sure my chances are slimmer than normal.  I ovulated two days earlier than I have been and just didn't think that my OPK's were clear enough to be positive so next day I had a thermal shift.  Here is my chart: http://screencast.com/t/zwSOLQslbao  

Though my real question is, I noticed that my cervix did not become hard and low in position until day 2 PO, does that mean anything like my cervix would still accept the sperm - if that doesn't sound silly.  I can't seem to find any information on this on the internet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
What was your CP like on CD 18 and 19? Usually you'll see changes within 24 hours of the egg being released, but it could take longer. This is not an exact science so the ovulation window is about 3 days long around your temp spike. Later into your LP, your CP can change quite a bit and make you go a bit crazy wondering what's happening. I usually advise women to not bother with CP after a confirmed thermal shift. Though, toward the end of your LP, your cervix will open up again to allow menstrual blood to flow through. If it remains closed during this time and past the time of expected AF this is another positive sign that you could be pregnant. But then again, at that point HPT's are usually quite accurate anyway!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Jamiee-

My CP on day 18 and 19 was not checked.  I unfortunately didn't check it because mentally I guess I was thinking that is a for sure sign that I ovulated...didn't really think it was important to check after that.  I would definitely like to check my CP again at then end of my LP.  As it opens, does it stay low and hard, but just opens?  I can't say I have ever checked my CP close to Menustration only after then till Ovulation is confirmed.  I will start checking and charting.  I haven't noticed anything significant to make me "feel" pregnant, unfortunately.  It is day 8 LP and on to day 9.  I don't even know when it would be most possible to start telling a difference if it is even gonna happen.  Just an anxious nut I guess...thanks for all your estimated diagnosis!!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I'm no CP expert, so maybe someone with more experience can chime in, but it is my understanding that your CP can change quite a bit throughout your LP and throughout individual days during your LP.  So around the time of expected AF it could vary in its height and feel, but the opening will occur if not pregnant when menstruation begins.  You're only a few days away from testing, though!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

User Tag List