Nursing Mamas TTC October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 163 Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Was hoping I could get some ideas or maybe another mama who has experienced this?

I haven't ever had much pms except for a few twinges and a little acne a few days before my cycle so I am wondering if that's what this sounds like?

I am on my 5th pp cycle and they have all been normal as far as my pms goes, just the few things a few days before it starts. Well, this cycle which I am currently on day 25 of has been different. Around day 19 I had my normal tenderness/pain from ovulation. Normally it goes away within a day but this cycle it has been almost constant since day 19 when I first felt it. I don't know what it could be? Could it be pms just starting with this cycle or something else? 

What I normally experience at ovulation is pelvic tenderness and pain. If I sit down too hard it hurts and intimate times with my dh can hurt or be tender. Also I have pain in my pelvis area above my pubic bone and on both sides; the entire area.
This goes away once I have ovulated but again I am having everything I listed still on day 25. I am having to take tylenol or advil to make me comfortable. Not big doses of it but smaller doses which just take it away enough for me to feel good. 

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Hot baths help and the hot water bottle does too. 
Thanks for any help!  

Batia-mama to a quiverfull and lifetime companion to my bestfriend!
When life knocks you on your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray!
#62 of 163 Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM

texasfarmom - Thats good to know about the prometrium. How did you take it? I've googled it and some seem to take it all at once, around 200 mg, some twice a day 100 mg, and some vaginally (less side effects I guess?). Did you have to take it the whole first trimester? Did you experience any side effects? (Not to play 20 questions or anything!)

Batia - Are you bloated at all? Sounds like the cysts I've had twice. I had the first one confirmed with u/s. My midwife said to do nothing about it.

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#63 of 163 Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbreed View Post

texasfarmom - Thats good to know about the prometrium. How did you take it? I've googled it and some seem to take it all at once, around 200 mg, some twice a day 100 mg, and some vaginally (less side effects I guess?). Did you have to take it the whole first trimester? Did you experience any side effects? (Not to play 20 questions or anything!)

Batia - Are you bloated at all? Sounds like the cysts I've had twice. I had the first one confirmed with u/s. My midwife said to do nothing about it.

I took one pill a day orally. I did have to take it the whole first trimester, until the placenta starts to take over progesterone production. I guess if you use it as a vaginal suppository it is supposed to be more effective because it doesn't have to go through the digestive system. The only side effect I may have experienced is tiredness, but that may have been normal 1st trimester tiredness plus I am hypothyroid , which I take meds for.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#64 of 163 Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Congratulations to everyone with the BFP!!! I am so excited and {minorly jealous} :)

Batia: It sounds like a cyst to me. I have had a few and they are persistant until they pop. Hopefully it will just go away no big deal

AFM: Nothing really. I have been temping everyday and my temps are ALL OVER the place and i never O'd and i never got a positive OPK and i started spotting today (at CD 22.) I'm totally bummed. Getting pregnant with my other two was SO easy that now at 6 months and 5 PPAFs i'm starting to get sad. PLUS, i always wanted kids closer than two years or two grades and it looks like that won't be happening anymore... Oh well right?! God knows what he is doing :)

Good luck and i hope everyone gets a BFP this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 of 163 Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 AM

texasfarmom - Mmm, that might be alot easier than having it checked every so often. I'll probably mention it to the midwife if I ever get a BFP.

afm - Fertility Friend gave me crosshairs today. I kinda expected it since my temp has been going up. I wish I had paid more attention to it because I haven't been using OPKs since I'm on CD 51 and as I'm sure your ladies know there comes a point in time where you give up. We did BD 2 times close to ovulation, but I didn't know it was close (until after the fact). I guess we'll see. I'm not too keen on conceiving on these late ovulation. I'm either 2 or 3 DPO so you can update me to Waiting to Know.

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

#66 of 163 Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 PM

So - Lunaception is working little by little! I O'd on CD20 last month and I O'd on CD19 this month! It's supposed to slowly move your O date forward or backwards based on what you want/need. Therefore, that makes me happy! I can be moved to the 2ww list as I'm now 2DPO. fingersx.gif for a sticky egg this month! My little man started walking this week too - he's so darn proud of himself!

kelantan - hug2.gif I try to keep repeating the same thing to myself too. God knows what (S)He's doing and to trust in that (as hard as it is sometimes) is the easiest way to lay your head on your pillow at night. My DH and I have talked that we would love a big family and hope for it, but at the same time, we have been so blessed with such an amazing DS and if he ends up being our own special baby, than we're still the luckiest parents around! HTH and know us mama's are supportive.

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#67 of 163 Old 10-21-2011, 12:00 AM

Add me to waiting to O... AF started today.  :(  By my schedule, I've got three more months ttc then the shop is closed...  I hope november is lucky for me!!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#68 of 163 Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Please move me to waiting to know. It looks like I O'd on Tuesday. The beginning of this week seems to have been a popular one for ovulation. It's nice to have lots of cycle buddies to keep each other sane!

Ears - sorry AF showed up. Can I ask why you have a time limit on TTC? hug2.gif

Kelantan - I hope things settle down for you soon. It can be so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate, but I try to remember that maybe they know what they are doing and if we aren't ovulating, maybe our bodies still need some recovery time before getting pregnant again. Sometimes it helps, usually it doesn't. irked.gif

Sending Fertile thoughts to everyone!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#69 of 163 Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 PM

Hi! Can I join the group? My name is Stephanie and I have an almost 15 month old son I'm nursing. I haven't started my period yet since he was born, but this week had some EWCF so I'm really hopeful things might be moving along soon. I have the baby bug really bad and I'd love to hang out with you all!

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#70 of 163 Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 PM

I had a miscarriage six weeks after conception around the end of July.  For awhile I didn't even want to think about trying to concieve again and every once in awhile I just get this feeling that I am supposed to be pregnant.  

I suppose I am here again now ecause I desperately want another baby, but I just dont have as much emotional resiliance .  As soon as I have ovulated I start feeling cranky and frustrated and not wanting to deal with two weeks of waiting.  So put me in 2ww I guess.  Sorry for all of the gloom and thanks for the support.

#71 of 163 Old 10-22-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been away for a few days. I've gotten everyone updated I think. I had a hard time with formatting though so let me know if I need to change anything on the front page.

starrlight97 wave.gif Welcome! Glad you are here to hang out with us!

Ish'smom I'm so sorry for your loss. That would be horribly difficult. I hope you are able to conceive again soon.

AFM I'm pretty depressed and struggling today. I was SURE I was pregnant this time. My LP was 6 days longer than past cycles. But, no af.gif came yesterday mecry.gif. I guess the NPC is helping and doing what it is supposed to though.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#72 of 163 Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM

Welcome starrlight!

lsh' smom I am very sorry! I hope a new baby blessing comes your way very soon!

texasfarmmom I am so sorry!!!! I can imagine how sad and hard getting af must be..I pray this cycle is your month!!!!! 

AFM I had the pain I posted about 6 days and then it stopped. I am on day 29 of my cycle and am waiting for af to start. Tomorrow I will be 1 day later than my cycle has been since July when it was 32 days long. I have tested and gotten BFN's, But if I did ovulate on the normal cycle day I would be 10 dpo today which may be too early.

I don't know when I ovulated and didn't have all my normal signs so I am not even sure I did. So I am not sure why af hasn't started or when to expect her?? From what I have read if it was a cyst my cycle could be delayed although I don't think that's what it was. The symptoms were similar but not like what info I read. And if I didnt ovulate this month than again my cycle could be delayed. And I guess it's always possible that I did ovulate and I am pg and af is late for that reason..I don't know and now I get to wait and wait and try not to worry..

Does anyone have experience with no ovulation and when to expect af? or a cycle after a cyst?

Also I have been taking opks again and they are staying the same color...usually towards the end of my cycle the result line gets pretty light but since day 20 when I began using them again they are almost always the same color..weird...this also makes me think maybe I didnt ovulate??

Who knows! I am so confused!!

#73 of 163 Old 10-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Ears - sorry AF showed up. Can I ask why you have a time limit on TTC? hug2.gif

Might be a silly reason but I am an older mom - although 38 isn't THAT old, I have a 19 y.o. son in college and I gave myself a window to have one more baby which is closing soon...  There is a chance that January won't be the end but I have been thinking it will be and feel peace with that for now.  If I get pregnant in Jan, I'll be 39 in October & ds1 wll be 20....  I'll have been a mom for a very VERY long time.  My thoughts are that if it happens then it happens...  I am working on night weaning but it is slow going. 

Anyway - gl to all the mamas here!

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#74 of 163 Old 10-22-2011, 05:16 PM

As I said previously, I haven't had my period yet, but had some EWCF this week as well as a + OPK. If I did, ovulate, of which I'm not entirely convinced (or at least my fertility software is fairly confused by my info), does that mean AF is sure to follow, assuming I'm not PG?

Also, what does PPAF mean and how do I add a siggie? Thanks!

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

#75 of 163 Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Ears - that makes sense to me! As long as you are at peace with it, it's probably the right decision. Especially when you've alread been a Mom for over half your life!

Starrlight - Welcome! Yes, if you ovulate you'll either get pregnant or AF (Aunt Flo, aka your period) will show up sometime later. Most people have a luteal phase of 10 to 14 days, but it's not uncommon for it to be much shorter after your first post partum ovulation, especially when you are still nursing. PPAF means Post Partum Aunt Flo.  To add a signature, scroll up to the tab that says "My Profile" and you'll see where you can add one.

Batia,  sorry I don't have many answers for you. It's so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate! As far as when to expect AF if you didn't ovulate, I think it can really vary. I've had non-ovulatory cycles where I never really get a temp rise but AF shows up pretty much on time, just lighter and shorter, on the other hand I've also had really, really long cycles - I think the longest where I didn't ovulate was about 130 days. irked.gif Not really fun!

grouphug.gif Texasfarmom, hugs to you. It's OK to take some time to mourn for what might have been. namaste.gif

AFM - Nothing much to report. DH will be out of town all next week so hopefully the solo parenting gig will keep me busy enough that time wil fly by. Even though it's early, my temps this cycle look an awful lot like the ones when DD was conceived so I'm getting my hopes up despite my best efforts. 

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#76 of 163 Old 10-23-2011, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Batia and Carlin! Game plan for next month is to not start testing until 14+ DPO instead of 10 and try to be more relaxed about it! I was getting a little crazy about it and driving poor DH nuts. Oh, also...I'll be hiding OPKs and HPTs from DH as he HATES seeing them on the counter. redface.gif

Starrlight I second what Carlin said.

#77 of 163 Old 10-23-2011, 01:47 PM

I've been on my profile and didn't see anything for a signature. Is there a rule at Mothering.com that I can't have one until I make so many posts? I was on another community that was like that. Thanks!

#78 of 163 Old 10-23-2011, 04:12 PM

There might be, but I didn't think so. To find mine, I go to my profile and scroll way, way down to the very bottom, under the list of recent posts and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlight97 View Post

I've been on my profile and didn't see anything for a signature. Is there a rule at Mothering.com that I can't have one until I make so many posts? I was on another community that was like that. Thanks!

#79 of 163 Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Hello lovely mamas!

I'm new to this side.  It's our first official cycle TTC #2.  DD is 13mo -- she took us 14 cycles to conceive, and I've decided not to chart for a few months since I tend to get obsessive about it.  My first PPAF arrived when DD was 10mo, and my cycles have been all over the place since -- the only thing regular seems to be a really short luteal phase -- between 8-9 days.  Is this typical of BFing moms?  I've started vitex and B-6 this cycle to try to regulate my cycles a little more.  

I'm currently on CD14 with no sign of EWCM and no high reading on my monitor.  

I'm really looking to getting to know all of you and looking forward to seeing some BFP's in the coming days!!

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#80 of 163 Old 10-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Yes, I think its 10 or 15 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlight97 View Post

angel1.gif 07/11

#81 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

Not much new here, just on 7DPO.  I have been pretty good about ignoring my cycle and trying not to pay attention to "symptoms".  I will not test unless AF has not arrived in another week.

Good luck everyone!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#82 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hi moonstones! Welcome to our TTC While Nursing thread! I'll add you to the front page! orngbiggrin.gif

We've been so quiet lately! Is anyone getting ready to test? CD 4 here for me...bleh...the looooong wait to O begins!

offtopic.gif What is everyone planning for Halloween? What are your kiddos and you going as? I've been making a clown costume for my DD. I think it is going to be super cute if I can get the sizing right! That has been keeping my mind off TTC somewhat. DH and I are not dressing up. I hope no one minds us going off topic for a little bit. I just wanted to get to chatting it up again! blahblah.gif

#83 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome! And thanks for adding me to the list, Texasfarmom!

I've been testing using OPK's with no sign of O.  But, it's no surprise.  Since I've gotten my PPAF, I haven't been O'ing until well after CD 20, I'm on CD16 now.  But I am using Vitex and B-6 this cycle, so hoping O moves up a little bit.  

We've never celebrated Halloween too much, though as DD gets older, I'm sure we'll celebrate it more.  My mom bought DD a ladybug costume, so we'll probably find a neighborhood gathering of some sort to take her to so she can wear her little costume and have a look at all the other kids.  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#84 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM

It has been quiet around here! I think there are a lot of us in the first week of the 2ww, with nothing exciting going on just yet.

We went to a Halloween party last weekend and dressed all of us as bugs. DH was a fly, I was a butterfly and DD was a ladybug. I think we might take her out trick-or-treating to a couple houses just for kicks, although I'd love to find a kids Halloween party around somewhere as I think she'd like that better. There were 4 toddler and a pre-schooler at the party this weekend and DD had a blast. She was more into the train table than the Halloween stuff!

Welcome Moonstone! I hope your stay here is short!

#85 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 04:05 PM

I am here and have just been reading the last couple days. I am on cycle day 31; all pg tests are negative. If I ovulated on day 19 like I have the last few months I would be 12dpo. I think my cycle is just late for one the reasons I mentioned in my last post. I don't think I am pg as I think it would show a positive by now. 

So I am just waiting for my cycle to start which I hope is soon. Never thought I would want my cycle to start! LOL! 

I am doing opk's too just incase I didn't ovulate yet..no positives though. Negative...

We don't celebrate Halloween. But I love fall and this time of year! I love the cooler temps and pumpkins!! I bought a pumpkin and set it out on the front stoop. :)

#86 of 163 Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 PM

Batia -- sorry to hear about those negative tests.  I know exactly how you feel -- ready for AF to come so that you can just start afresh.  I too love this time of year, and am so nostalgic for the midwest/northeast fall weather.  We've been in southern California for the past 7 or so years, and the fall weather doesn't really reach us until December when I'm just about ready for a little snow.  But, we are having some cooler weather here -- 70's today -- so a nice day to go out for a walk with DD!  

#87 of 163 Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 AM

We don't celebrate Halloween either, but I, too, love this time of year. The colors have changed, what little there are. Autumn is a shot time up here, so we are just glad not to have snow yet!

How long did you ladies cycle up and down before you finally Oed and had your first PPAF? I thought I finally Oed last week, but the farther and farther away I get, the more I doubt I Oed at all. I have never ever wanted my AF, but I've been hoping for it for months now!! Strange how the tables are turned. Do you ladies mind looking at my chart and telling me what you think? It's a frustrating chart, because I hadn't been temping until fertility signs started showing up. Makes it hard to determine anything. Thanks for checking it out.

My Fertility Friend Chart

#88 of 163 Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Hey mamas - I'm in the same boat as almost everyone else in the 2ww list. I'm 8DPO and feeling nausea at night, waking up thirsty, having very vivid dreams and super sensitive nipples when DS nurses. However, I feel like all of the "symptoms" happen in the LP and nursing mamas - or at least it's me not trying to get my hopes up too much! My temps are all over the place this time though. They're all above my coverline, but bouncing up and down - which of course makes me think that my progesterone levels aren't staying level or increasing. Last month before AF came, my chart was beautifully triphasic. Ah well - the craziness of cycling while BFing!

What's everyone else's opinion on Vitex? I know I don't want to take any man-made progesterone supplements and I definitely don't want to take anything that will make DS wean early. This is only month #2 actively TTC as it's my 3rd PPAF. I'm still shocked as my cycle returned while nursing full-time and all of the women I know still nursing either don't have their cycles or had to wean before they got them back. I keep hearing family and friends tell me to wean so we can get pregnant again - then they don't know what to say when I tell them I want to tandem nurse and BF until DS is at least 2... :)

Halloween. We don't celebrate it much over here, more just a reason to get together with friends. My Mom bought DS a chicken outfit and he looks hilariously cute. We free-range pasture almost 100 egg chickens here, so I'm thinking that I'll take some really cute pictures of him in it and add him to the label that we put on the cartons (kill two birds with one really handsome stone - make Grammy happy and advertise happy eggs with a really cute baby)! winky.gif

Yet another question to all you co-sleeping mamas. What do you put your kids in at night? I currently keep DS in wool long nappy pants and a long sleeve wool shirt. When I change his diaper around 2-3a, I typically put just an AIO diaper on and then some recycled wool pants. His feet are always cold because he kicks off every blanket. I don't like the idea of putting socks on him because he has some chubby legs and either they cut off circulation or fall off. I've tried wool sleepsacks, but they're either too long and get him all flustered because he can't roll around or get too tight on his arms when they get twisted. HELP! Do I just really need to up the heat in the house that much?! (as a reminder, DS is almost 10 months) TIA

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#89 of 163 Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM

Wendy my son was born in December 2009 so we were at the same stage last year. I think he was in a sleep sack until a bit before Christmas. It's hard to remember when he stopped using them. He was in a cot next to us like a big cosleeper so he was just in there with a cot duvet and normal pj's. It's only now he's an active sleeper. I think that's because he's now in a single bed next to us so rolls till he finds something like a pillow or blanket and snuggles up to it. He's a heat seeking missile! Since he started to need clothes at night this year he's ina  fleece all in one footed outfit. It's adorable, so cute as he's been in normal pjs since 9 months because I EC so I got very bored of poppers and couldn't be bothered with babygrows any more. I think the fleece all in ones are the best of both worlds. Warm feet, warm body, but can still move if he's inclined to kick off covers and get annoyed witha  sleep sack.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#90 of 163 Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 PM

starrlight - I've O'd every cycle since my first PPAF came back. Have you read the book "Garden of Fertility" by Katie Singer? She has a lot of really useful information on BFing mothers and how to naturally bring back ovulation. That's where I started getting the information about sleeping in complete darkness and then sleeping with a light on during the days when you're supposed to O. It can only help. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page