Nursing Mamas TTC October - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay to Niniel!

I'm a sugary person myself. I'm really trying to cut back and eat positive carbs and protein which totally helps - AND just not buy anything for the house so I don't fall into cravings! Otherwise, I even put it on my chart so I can see what days I cheat!

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 03:25 PM

I finally started today!! Day 36! So I believe I was right and I didn't ovulate. My sweet man reminded me I was nursing more this past month during the night when usually I get 5-7 hrs in between nursing at night. Nursing at night keep ovulation away for me. My fertility returns as soon as I am not nursing at night. I usually don't now but this past month for some reason my two nurslings were nursing more. 

And I think the Vitex caused issues too so I am not taking it anymore. Just going to let Father give me a baby and regulate things.

Also my grandpa is in Hospice so my children and I are leaving for WY tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.  

Batia-mama to a quiverfull and lifetime companion to my bestfriend!
When life knocks you on your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray!
#123 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Batia -- Yay for AF, arriving -- a fresh start!!!  I often wonder too if extra nursing at night contributes to longer cycles for me too, though I still think I O, the nursing pushes it back.  My DD sometimes still nurses 5,6,7 times at night depending upon if she's going through a challenging developmental stage.  Sorry to hear about your grandfather.  Hopefully his transition is peaceful.  My thoughts are with your family, and safe travels to you.  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#124 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 07:54 PM

Niniel - Congrats!!

Texas and Carlin - thanks for the kind words of support!

Carlin - about weaning...don't put too much pressure on yourself.  I was feeling the same way with my DD.  She was literally nursing once a day at night for 1 minute and then would gulp down water afterwards.  I felt bad because I was starting to resent it too.  Anyways, I totally thought that trying to eliminate that one feeding would be awful.  But I was able to simple say "instead of nursing why don't you have some water".  She still asked for about a week and I used the same line and she has not mentioned nursing since.  I was truly amazed how easy it was, although I was mentally prepared to nurse through a pregnancy and tandem nurse, I think we were both ready for it.  Good luck to you!

AFM- I am on CD27, about 11 DPO.  Still feeling the same, no major symtoms either way.  Just trying to keep positive.  I have a busy weekend, so hopefully it will fly by and I suddenly realize it is Monday and I can test!  Have a great weekend everyone!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#125 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

moonstones Thanks for volunteering to take over! I will tell you everything I know about it in a PM. I actually don't know much, but managed this month. HA! I'll PM you on Tues, Nov. 1st!

Niniel Congratulations to you! I hope more of us are soon to follow. I hope that egg is super sticky! The dark lines sound wonderful!

Batia I'm glad to hear a new cycle started for you! That takes the stress of wondering away at least, especially since you have a big trip planned. Safe travels!

Carlin I just keep gaining more and more. I've noticed I have been eating a lot, but if I don't I don't feel full! I'm hoping I get pregnant soon so I then have a better excuse to blame the weight on! Good for you losing 9 lbs!! Keep up the hard work!

Ava's I'm looking forward to Monday with/for you!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#126 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 09:13 PM

For your mamas taking Vitex, when do you stop taking it?

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#127 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Niniel - YAY!!!! joy.gif I'm hoping for a sticky for you!

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#128 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 09:18 PM

Oh, an I have a bad issue with sweets.....I crave desserts every night and I love sweet tea. It was totally not like this before DS. I used to eat very healthy and small with rare desserts. I think that the "excitement" of the food is what I like, since like can be stressful with a 1 year old and all the other things I have going on. I find myself eating them even when I don't really enjoy them, which is insane. I think thats why I have that tricky 10-15 pounds that won't leave to get back to pre baby weight. I suggested to DH that we try going off these things and if we can do it for a set amount of time have some kind of "reward". IDK what that would be. I don't want it to be food, haha. yikes2.gif

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

#129 of 163 Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Texasfarmmom, I was doing exactly the same. I've been taking a Fitmom class all summer and despite the exercise I gained about 8 lbs since July. I realized I was eating out of boredom and just making ridiculous choices (like butter and cheese on everything, way to much bread, pasta and other carbs, constant snacking, taking seconds even when I was already full etc etc) so I've been using Spark People and tracking what I eat, not going crazy dieting but keeping between 1200 and 1550 cal most days (I've definitely slipped a few times) and making sure I'm at least doing a short exercise video or some sort of work out every day. I'm actually surprised how easy it's been so far, but I think I just had to hit a point where I was ready to make the changes. At the very least, it won't hurt my fertility and if I do get pregnant being fitter should make it easier to handle. I still have about 30 lbs to lose so there's a long way to go, but I feel way better about myself already. It's not about how I look either. I feel better because I'm actually demonstrating some self control and I don't have that embarrassment about how badly I'm overindulging.

Ibreed, my problem is carbs and fat, not sweets but otherwise I know exactly what you mean! From what I understand eating food you love releases endorphins and makes you feel good, which is so hard to resist when you are stressed, and raising a toddler is definitely stressful! I've set myself rewards too. My first one which I've just reached is that I'm going to buy myself a hula hoop! We've done a tiny bit of hooping as part of my fitmom class and I love it, even though I have never been able to figure it out before! My next award is probably going to be new boots or to sign up for a hooping class. I figure once I'm closer to my goal, I'll get myself new workout clothes or something that motivates me to keep going. (Although to be honest, I really hope I get pregnant before I can earn most of those rewards!)

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#130 of 163 Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 PM

Congratulations, Niniel!!!!!!!!! I hope this one is nice and sticky!

Sorry I've not been active, though reading the thread daily. Have the blues this month & feeling like it's not going to happen for us. I'm 2 DPO, so in the 2 WW now. O'd on CD 24. Sigh.

Welcome to the new ladies! May your time here be enjoyable but short! smile.gif

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#131 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Niniel wishing you a boring and uneventful 9 months.

Geigerin, aye the TTC blues can set in after a while. No helpful advice on how to combat it, but I hope you get an up period following this down period. ISn't it amazing how during ttc we count off the days, then when pregnant in the 2nd and 3rd tri weeks go by. Then suddenly out of nowhere we're looking for a newborn and are confronted with a 6 month old. Time can be quite cruel like that.

I've been on the sweet stuff recently too. I found a super pumpkin cupcake recipe and am on my 4th batch. They're so good, but wit the frosting I doubt they're doing that well for our figures. Although I did find it a bit handier to be carrying about 4lb extra into a pregnancy to cope with the first tri nausea. I asked Leo if he'd like a baby around. He seems convinced by that, would even share his bed and offer cuddles. However apparantly mummy milk is only his. If my OH asks which one's his he pushes him away and shouts no! Oh dear I wonder how tandem nursing would work with a possesive boy, or do they learn to share.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#132 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Good morning mamas. So, yesterday, I stopped spotting and just felt tired and nauseous all day. Thirsty too. Took my temp this morning, decided that because I'm 12DPO and temps have been getting higher, we may just get a BFP if I tested, and if it's BFN, that's ok too because it's still early!

DH and I woke up early, peed on a stick and.... pos.gif Faint, but positive! I'm still a little anxious because of the spotting/light flow I had, but it's a positive test. We're pretty happy over here this early Sunday morning!

Thinking of all you mamas and wishing for a sticky egg for everyone!

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#133 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Wow Wendy, congratulations!!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifI hope this little one is sticky and that the spotting stops! But, I had spotting quite often in my first trimester with DD, too, so it isn't always a cause for alarm.  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#134 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 AM

Congrats Niniel and Wendy!

AFM I am on CD 29, about 13 DPO.  AF has stayed away so far...when should I test, I was going to do it on Monday, but I am worried that will be too soon!  I only have one test in the house right now!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#135 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Ava'smama:  I just replied to you on the TTC#2 board :) Since you only have one test, and just to be safe, I think you should test tomorrow with FMU, I don't think it's too early at all.  That's good news that AF has not come yet!!!  

#136 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 PM

Geigerin, ttc blues suck! It's really hard sometimes. I find my best defense is to have something else to focus on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. hug2.gif

Wendy, yayyayaya! Congratulations! joy.gifSending sticky bean vibes your way! I hope your spotting clears up and you have a worry free pregnancy!

Ava'sMama, If you are pretty much 100% sure of your O date, I think FMU tomorrow would give you a good chance of a BFP. If there's a possibility you might have Od a day or two later, I'd wait a couple more days and test maybe Wednesday when you are for sure at 14 dpo. Either way, fingers crossed for a BFP for you!

AFM, DD woke up at about 1 last night and spent the next 3 or 4 hours throwing up. As a result I finally got to sleep around 5:30 this morning. I took my temperature at about 8 so it's probably a bit disturbed, but nonetheless it's still high, and usually when I'm short of sleep it's lower. I have some mild cramps and pinchiness, but I really don't know if that just means AF is on her way or if it's a good sign!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#137 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 12:57 PM

Thanks! I talked to my midwife today and she suggested progesterone cream for the spotting - thinking it's because of the nursing. Has anyone else ever used this? Brands?

Ava;s Mama - Good luck with the test tomorrow. I'd wait until tomorrow too if I only had one test!

TIA!

#138 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 PM

Yay, Wendy! Congrats!

Me - Can someone help me figure out when I should stop taking the Vitex? I started it to get my period to come back, which it did. Should I keep taking it to make sure my luteal phase is long enough or just stop now? Also, does a short, light period mean I'm not going to have a good strong O? Just curious. Thanks.

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

#139 of 163 Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

starrlight I'm sorry I don't have any information on vitex for you! I hope somone chimes in to help!

Wendy I don't know a lot about progesterone cream, but I started using Progestelle this past cycle. I was really impressed that it doesn't have a long list of ingredients: only progesterone and coconut oil. AND I personally got to talk to Dr. Peter Eckhart who is the dr behind Progestelle and has done a lot of research on progesterone and xenoestrogens. I just called their number and he called back!! :)

Geigerin I'm sorry you have the TTC blues. I know how that feels. I was REALLY depressed after AF came recently. I hope you quickly bounce back!

Carlin Oh, how I wish you and other mamas here on MDC lived closer IRL! I would love to do some of the things you are doing and wish I had a walking buddy, and more like-minded mamas to talk to!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#140 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 AM

oh, mamas... I scoot in here lots to read the posts but don't know how well I fit in because I am not charting.  I don't have time to take temps in the am and, truthfully, my sleeping schedule is all over the place so I don't know how accurate it would be anyhow.  I am wondering if I can chart wth just cm & cervix info successfully?

also, Starlight, I did want to chime in about the menstrual cups!  I have the Keeper and have used it for over 10 years.  I picked up the Mooncup a few years ago and tried that one too and also got the Diva cup last year.  All are about the same for me and on the first two days of my cycle feel pinchy to me and uncomfortable no matter how short the stem is...  A friend in an AP mamas group mentioned that she turned hers inside out and used it perfectly with no shifting, etc and holy cow - it worked!  So now I turn them inside out with perfect non-pinchy results any day of my cycle.  Just wanted to pass this along...

TFM - thanks for covering October...  I am waiting to O and ttc in earnest now... seems like everyone and their mother is pregnant and, even though it is crazy, the thought of one more precious babe for us makes me smile.  My deadline of getting a bfp by January may sure be extended.  I tried to night wean for two days last week with horrible results and just can't take that comfort away from ds at this time.  So, if #4 is meant to be, it will happen. 

Congrats to the bfp's in this last week!  Let's hope Nov is the month for the rest of us!  :)

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#141 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM

Wendy that's fantastic news. I had a look at your chart and yes those temps are all over thep lace! The dip and spotting could be implantation though so hopefully that explains it. Have a boring 9 months. How many more pee sticks do you reckon you'll use before you finally put them away?

My temp dipped this morning and I'm sort of spotting. Not major spotting, just a wee bit in my white knickers (possibly TMI). I also feel, sort of something. So hard to explain, you know that uterus related feeling, the something's happening. Not pain, but it's the before something happens type feeling. I am keeping all my hopes up that this is implantation, although it would be significantly later than my last pregnancy. I keep looking at both charts and obsessing about implantation. I know I'm going to be getting my hopes up far too much even if I try to remain calm and zen. CD 59 and 10dpo, wow this is going to drag if I'm not pregnant. Hopefull the next cycle would be shorter though and it's just the pill that stopped me ovulating sooner. If I stare at my chart long enough will it magically turn green?

Ears yeah cp and cf along can give you an indication, it can't definatly pinpoint ovulation as accuratly, but it can give you an overview. I temp during Leo's first wakeup after 3am. So it's between 3 and 6. I temp while feeding so it's quite easy.

Great I just woke him up knocking a car off the chair. Best get him on the potty before the sofa is peed on

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#142 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM

starrlight - Vitex. I must preface this post by saying that I did not take it myself, BUT I did order some a week ago when I thought I would see AF this month! What I researched/read about taking it was: Take it everyday, even if you think you may be pregnant. I guess it exemplifies pregnancy symptoms when/if you are pregnant - severe nausea, cramping, etc - and then you take a test and stop taking it! Amazon.com - tons of reviews of prego mamas that took it. :)

ears - I temp because I like it - I was an engineer in a former life, and it's like seeing mathematical equations showing that your (my) body is working! Especially after so many years on the pill and using tampons and having no idea what was really going on down there, I love seeing that everything works as it should. On that note, I also check CF and my cervix daily and I've found (post baby) that my cervical position gives me a better idea of when ovulation is going to happen over temping... as with temping, you don't know if you've O'd until it's already over! Therefore, if you're really serious about checking your CM and cervix at the same time (not right after waking up or a BM) then I think it's just as good if not better to know. But then again, I temp to know that yes, my cervix was ridiculously soft and high yesterday and then today my temp spiked - i.e. most fertile. Good luck! HTH

fazer - I'm going to wait to pee on another stick until I'm 18 DPO. I'm definitely pregnant as the spotting has definitely cleared up - I only spotted for maybe an hour yesterday and it was just a small dot. Hopefully my temps stay above my coverline! I lay in bed at night thinking - I need to sleep better so I can know if my temps are accurate! :) DS nursed 7x in the night last night. Nipples HURT. However, I know how lucky I am to have my little man nursing and a positive pregnancy test. I'll take all the good with the not-so-bad! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully that feeling is "that feeling" of knowing! Oh - I looked on FF I don't know how many times over charts that spotted that ended in pregnancy - hoping that I would be one of those charts!

Avasmama - thinking about you and your test taking today! Hoping for a  pos.gif

AFM - I started progesterone cream today and no spotting thus far. The spotting has basically diminished to nothing, which makes me feel better. I talked to my midwife yesterday and she was so excited for us! Just hoping that this little egg hangs on.

#143 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 AM

Popping back in to ask about what WendyJo410 said above about vitex.  Can you tell me where you read that?  I took vitex for a few weeks before I got pregnant and then after doing some reading thought the best course of action was to continue with it through the first trimester.  I didn't read anything about it making the pregnancy symptoms worse but I am dealing with some horrible nausea.  Like almost debilitating, some days I can't eat ANYTHING.  Could it be the vitex?  I actually didn't take my does yesterday, or today yet.  And I'm not feeling 100% today, but a lot better than I did over the weekend.  I had just minor morning sickness with my son, nothing like this.

Thanks and congrats to all the new BFPs!!

#144 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM

I hope it's okay to post in here. I guess i am a ttc nursing october mama. I posted my own thread which shares my cycle. I have a question for Wendy if that is okay. Congrats on your bfp!

I was wondering if you might be able to elaborate on your midwife having said that you may have been having spotting because of nursing. I am trying to figure out if that is what is currently happening with me. I don't know if i am pregnant yet, read that i should test 4-5 days after possible implantation bleeding ends, so i am waiting until Thursday to test, even though i got a bfn on 13 dpo (my dates could be slightly off because i didn't chart but do generally have a regular 28 day cycle. my very light bleeding started before my af was due and stopped swiftly. i have other signs of pregnancy, like the bright blue veins i got with DD. I am worried, if i am pregnant that is, am i at risk for a miscarriage because of nursing DD, if i don't get on progesterone?

I hope this all makes sense.

Big congrats to all with the bfps this month!!!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#145 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM

Fazer, fingers crossed that your temp rebounds!

Ears, I find that CP and CF are the most useful thing to chart anyways. Temps are great for confirming O, but by then it's too late anyways, so it's really CP and CF that you need!

Ava'smama, sending BFP vibes your way!

Mittens, welcome! I hope your stay here is very, very short!

AFM, My temps dropped at cd 14 last cycle, and that's tomorrow, so I'm already getting nervous about my temp! I don't have any major symptoms, but nothing that points to not being pregnant either. I'm trying not to obsess, but these last few days are hard!

#146 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 01:17 PM

zoe77 - I just read reviews on Amazon.com - here is the link to the reviews I read (although there are MANY) and here's the one specifically that talks about what I said (this was one of a couple that I read)"

This didn't work for me either. I only started taking it April 12th, but the first period I had right when I started it was extremely heavy, crampy and miserable. Not anything like my "normal" ones. I say "normal" because I have PCOS and can have long intervals between periods and have sometimes had to have medication to stop the bleeding, but it has never felt this way (not since I was a teenager, anyway). And now, I'm approximately 45 days into my cycle and still haven't had another period while taking Vitex. This isn't a huge concern for me as I realize it can take some time to build up in the system and work properly, but my problem is this: starting at around Mother's Day, I started getting so bloated and crampy that I thought AF was coming, except she didn't. The bloating and cramping only continued to get worse (the cramping is on and off, but enough to make me curl up in bed and not wanna move much(, with the bloating being the worst! It's been so bad that my clothes don't fit, nothing helps ease it, I look pregnant and feel absolutely miserable. I've found other women who say this has happened to them as well, while others haven't experienced it at all. I'm not going to keep taking it to find out if it'll eventually balance out or not. The miserable bloating and cramping I'm going through are no where worth it. I'm bummed. I had high hopes as this PCOS has taken a real toll on my fertility :( Best of luck to others out there and just know that these are potential side effects, but you simply won't know until you try it.

*****UPDATE*****
Soooo, I just got the shock of my life today and found out that I'm pregnant with #2!!! Because of my PCOS and two negative pregnancy tests, I assumed my symptoms were caused by the Vitex. I was obviously wrong!! I know that you're not supposed to take Vitex while pregnant, but since I had no idea, I'm very thankful that it intensified my symptoms and got me to quit taking it. So, it does work and I only took it from April 12 - May 26-ish. There is hope! Hang in there!!

Mittens - One of the other mamas wrote a great post earlier this month - maybe scroll back and see if you can find it. Basically, what she said is that every mama is different. Some mamas don't get their cycles back until completely weaning their baby, some mamas get their cycle back, but then can't get pregnant until after weaning or many cycles, some mamas need herbal and chemical help to get pregnant and stay pregnant, and other mamas have their fertility return quickly! What I've read about nursing (from a variety of sources - and mamas, please correct me if I'm wrong!) - chemically your body produces prolactin (pro-lactation) to produce milk for your LO. Prolactin naturally inhibits progesterone - which is needed by the developing fetus to sustain a pregnancy. Therefore, nursing typically inhibits another pregnancy! This is natures way of telling us to space out our children and making sure we sustain the nutritional needs of our growing LO. However, that being said, if you're not spotting, then there's a good chance that your progesterone levels are normal. IMO, the reason my midwife suggested progesterone is because with DS (pregnancy #1) I didn't spot at all AND (from what I've read) progesterone supplements in general (not just nursing mamas) can decrease the chance of miscarriage by up to 50%

**OK - I have to come clean on that last part - Mariah Carey said her doctors told her this when she was pregnant with her twins on the Barbara Walters special the other day (re: progesterone and miscarriage rates) - it was on The View ** Sheepish.gif

So - do I think  you need to get on progesterone to help your chances of a successful pregnancy... I don't know - sorry! I think you should call your care provider and get their opinion. Also, do your research! I personally felt comfortable with what I read (and heard) about progesterone creams and after my midwife suggested it sounded like something that was positive to use to help this pregnancy! Good luck - HTH!

Carlin - keeping my fingers crossed for you too! pos.gif

#147 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM

Hi Everyone, thanks for all the positive vibes.  I did POAS this morning and while I thought that I saw a light positive line, DH seems to think it is negative.  I bought a 3 pack of digital tests today.  Should I wait a couple more days before I try again?  My cycles post-DD have been between 26-28 days.  Today I am on CD 30, about 14 DPO, but I did not temp etc this month so I am not 100% certain.  I am doing surprisingly well with this feeling of the unknown!

#148 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM

13 dpo here. Temp was hovering around 98.5 then went to 98.0 this morning. Didn't test this morning. No cramping (which means nothing since I never had cramps with my last AF) but I do have a nice case of acne and blotchy skin around my mouth which makes me feel 15 years old and gross. Also, my nipples are burning, like horribly. This was the first thing I noticed when pregnant with DS (It was never a pms symptom before), but I got this last cycle and wasn't pregnant. I've kinda given up on this cycle honestly. Hopefully I can have a better (sooner) O date next cycle.

angel1.gif 07/11

#149 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 PM

Texasfarmom - do you use that Progestelle like a regular progesterone cream?

AFM - What I'm thinking I want to do is take Vitex until I O, or possible until I get a BFP, then stop and switch directly to a progesterone cream. Do any of you have recommendations for cream?

#150 of 163 Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 PM

Ava'sMama if you think you saw a faint positive, I bet it was there! Men can't be trusted to properly read pea sticks! lol.gif My guess would be if it was that faint, that you may have O'd a day or two later than you thought so maybe skip tomorrow and test Wednesday and I bet you'll get a much more solid line. Good for you for staying sane despite the uncertainty!

Ibreed, FX that your temp jumps back up tomorrow!

Starrlight, sorry, no advice on when to stop vitex, but my bet would be if you are going to use progesterone cream it will do the most good if you start using it right after O.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page