Cellist

Ish'smom

jennyvangy

JMJ

littlestinkers BFPChart2.gif

mamathomas

October Thread Hostess: texasfarmom

Please put all changes in bold!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#2 of 163 Old 10-09-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Belated) Welcome to October, Mamas! This is my first time as a thread hostess so please be patient with me. I will try my best! Forgive me if I don't remember your story! I have a hard time keeping everyone straight.

Hoping to see many BFP this month!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#3 of 163 Old 10-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Thanks for taking on this thread, texas!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#4 of 163 Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Texas, thanks for the new thread!  Could you change my blurb on the first page, to say: 8 months TTC, 8 months PPAF, DS 14 m/o.  Thanks!  I'll still be coming on here once in awhile, to see how all my nursing mama buddies are doing and rooting for you all! 

Zoe, CONGRATS!!!!  I don't know anything about vitex, sorry I can't offer any insight into that.

Carmen, have a wonderful time on your vacation! 

Niniel, sorry that you are going through all of this. hug2.gif

Oceanroad, how are you doing?  hug2.gif

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#5 of 163 Old 10-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Congrats to Zoe!

I am on CD8 here.  My DD actaully weaned about a month ago, but I hope you all don't mind if I stick around.  I am trying to be a little more low key this month.  I know I am in the fertile window right now.  I told DH so that he knows, but I am trying not to put too much pressure on DH or myself. 

I had one of the most challenging days as a parent today.  DD literally tanrtumed for 6 or 7 hours, skipped nap and then was really hard to get to bed early.  So I am pooped!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#6 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 AM

Hi all! I am mama to my 22 month son, ttc for the first time this month, and hoping to tandem nurse. I will revive my old ff chart wHen af arrived

I am currently on cd 32, my last few cycles were (in order) 34,33,34,29,28,29 and now. Before that I had 7 clockwork cycles lasting 35 days... So not sure what is up. We dtd in my window if I O'd late... But after ttc my son I doubt we'll get preg right away!!! Just waiting for now smile.gif

I am a reformed tester, and didn't confirm with testing w my son. I ttc 18 months with him, unexplained IF after uterine surgery that caused recurrent losses. It got so stressful and it was special to know intuitively and historically like people did before POAS!

So I guess we'll see smile.gif

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

#7 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Thanks everyone!!  I did some online research about vitex and got very mixed answers.  I think the bottom line is it can't hurt to take it so I'm going to continue with 500mg a day.

sraplayas - did you test yet?

#8 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 AM

Well my chart definatly shows that I didn't O when FF thought maybe I might have done. No AF but temps went down, there was an odd day of EWCM. My CF is sort of trying. Sometimes it's quite stretchy so almost EW, but then again it's not. Ah well that's life I guess. I'm getting really bad at knowing where my cervix is and how soft it is. It's easy to sort of guess when you're in a normal cycle and know what you should be following. I do try the, is it softer than my nose but harder than my chin, but the position is hard, how high is high, how low is low. When it's changing day to do it's sort hard to figure out

I'm suprised how many of us here have been having early losses. Such a shame.

I am trying to feel positive that this extra time is giving me more time to get in shape http://www.buzzle.com/articles/back-strengthening-exercises.html I do those exercises to strengthen my back. I had 2 full term pregnancies more or less back to back (gave birth 25th Dec, LMP 6 march) and it put a strain on me. A real strain. My stomach had no muscles at all left so my bump was way bigger (ok he was 2lb bigger, but I was frigging huge), my back also really struggled. If this is my las pregnancy then I want it to be a good one. I want to enjoy the end rather than be in pain, especially with a toddler around.

GTG looks like the little guy wants some boob.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#9 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the new thread! Can you please change my stats to: 4 months TTC, 7 PPAF, DD 21 m/o

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#10 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

thanks for the new thread texas!

my stats are TTC 2 months, 1 PPMC, DD 23 m/o

mefly-by-nursing1.gif(30), DH (32), SAHM to DD (Jan '02), DS (Sept '08) and DD2 (Nov '09). homebirth.jpg, mostly familybed1.gif   MC Jan '09 & Sept '11,  pos.gif due 07/07/12signcirc1.gif

#11 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Okay, I've sort of been in disbelief and holding out until I tell DH---but I've got a BFPat 13 DPO! dizzy.gif

To be honest, I started seeing something at 11DPO--but so very faint. Each day it gets a tiny bit darker. Also, I've had intermittent low backache and pelvic ache, which made me wonder if AF was going to come! Anyway, Zoe--when I saw your post I felt guilty b/c you'all have been so supportive this past year (Yes, since Oct '10!).

I'm trying to decide whether to tell DH today or tomorrow. I have an apt. tomorrow with the ob/gyn and she'll probably order the hcg and prog. so I'll have those by Thursday. Just hoping for the best!

BTW, I have been having spots of cystic acne (for the 1st time in my life!) since DPO 10. I also have a "rash" of pimples all over my face. Not pretty, but definitely a pregnancy symptom for me! I'll keep you'all posted this week and keep checking in. It honestly hasn't sunk in yet.

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#12 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Yay sraplayas, Congrats!!!  Tell your DH today!! 

I've had a lot of acne this cycle also, post ovulation.  Since I'm unsure of my O date I'm going with the first day of last menstrual cycle to figure out my DD.  It's actually my DH birthday, 6/20!!  I'm either 11DPO or 13DPO today.  I have two more tests left so I was going to test again this Wed because that is supposed to be the first day of my next cycle.  If it's still positive I'll be calling the midwife on Wed to get on her calendar (homebirth so she books up fast).  So far I've only told my mom, and DH of course knows.

#13 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe77 View Post

Yay sraplayas, Congrats!!!  Tell your DH today!! 

I've had a lot of acne this cycle also, post ovulation.  Since I'm unsure of my O date I'm going with the first day of last menstrual cycle to figure out my DD.  It's actually my DH birthday, 6/20!!  I'm either 11DPO or 13DPO today.  I have two more tests left so I was going to test again this Wed because that is supposed to be the first day of my next cycle.  If it's still positive I'll be calling the midwife on Wed to get on her calendar (homebirth so she books up fast).  So far I've only told my mom, and DH of course knows.

That's so cool- FF gives me a DD of 6/19. :)

#14 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Hello all.  So, this seems to be the place where I need to be!  DS is 9.5 months old now and we are wanting to start TTC our next little bundle.  He's not nursing nearly as much anymore but he still does a few times a day, mostly at night.  Now here's the catch...AF hasn't officially come back yet even though she sure seems to be lurking in the shadows!  DD was 11 months old when my period came back so I'm assuming it should be anytime now.  I just wish I knew what to keep my eye out for other than EWCM.  You would think I would know by now!  So yeah...TTC baby #3 once we can actually get pregnant again!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#15 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 PM

Texas, thanks for starting the thread. smile.gif I'm 6 months ttc, dd is 19 mos, and I think 10 mos ppaf. smile.gif

Congratulations, Sraplayas!!!! I'm so excited for you! orngbiggrin.gif

Welcome, PrettyHippie! May your stay be short. smile.gif

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#16 of 163 Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

Okay, I've sort of been in disbelief and holding out until I tell DH---but I've got a BFPat 13 DPO! dizzy.gif

Hooray!!! GREAT news! This made me smile after a rather sulky weekend! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#17 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 AM

Congrats Sraplayas!

CD10 here.  DD had a sleep over at my parents house last night, so DH and I have actually been able to DTD twice in 24 hours!  I was still an emotional mess yesterday, I am not sure what is going on with me.  I have acupuncture tomorrow, so I am hoping he can help me get my head on straight emotionally and physically!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#18 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 AM

I broke out my bbt today, and need to remember my ff login! These funky cycles mean it's back to temping!

#19 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Ava's Mama Feel free to stick around! I hope acupuncture helps you feel better.

sraplayas Congratulations! That is excellent news! joy.gif

Zoe I hope you get that midwife booked! If I remember right this will be your first homebirth...so exciting! Let us know how tomorrow's test turns out!

PrettyHippie Welcome.gif

AFM I'm 5 DPO today. I started using progesterone cream at 3 DPO, I've been taking B6, and doing a lot of praying. I will test at 12 DPO when I make it that far! And the really cool thing is my EDD will be my DD EDD/birthday! How awesome is that! I sure hope this is it...

#20 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Please move me to the 2ww.

I don't chart and have a 21 month old actve nurser... this is only the third cycle that I've been ttc and I wonder why we used b/c all those other months if it would have been this complicated!  Anyway - I really had hopes for a June bug but it looks like that didn't happen.  Although I am on the 2ww, I just got 2 pimples yesterday which, for me, is a signal of AF coming soon. 

Congrats to all you mamas w/the bfp!!  :)

And continual lifted spirits to those mamas that keep on trying!  May October be your month!  :)

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#21 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 AM

Just dropping in to say SUPER DUPER CONGRATULATIONS to zoe and sraplayas!  I'm so happy for you ladies!!  

That's all... Bolt.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#22 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Congrats, sraplayas!  What a great start to the month.  My due date is June 10th... you, me and zoe are so close.  See you over in the June DDC!

Hope others follow us soon!

#23 of 163 Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Checking in. CD 42 here and still basically nothing. I had an almost O a few weeks ago that never turned into anything. I had tiny tiny smidges of spotting the beginning of last week for 4-5 days. DS turned 1 on Saturday and he's misplaced my thermometer...so between moving, the birthday and him getting the stomach flu last week, I haven't been really keeping much watch on my fertility. I'm almost positive I haven't Oed though. I think I'm going to call and cancel my appt with the OB because I'm afraid she won't be much help. Instead I'm just going to call my midwife and and try to coerce them into giving more help than I seem to be getting. Its almost like they treat me as if I don't deserve help because I'm BFing? I'm sure its just me being emotional.

I don't want to conceive on these late Os either though, because they seem to almost certainly end in m/c. Sigh. Not interested in that road.

Still waiting to O, 6 months TTC, DS 12 months

Thanks!

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#24 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 AM

Now on cd 34, so officially late according to my fertility tracker. I just had the most bizarre dream ever, which is a super strong pregnancy symptom for me. Here is to hoping that after what we went through last-time we can completely avoid trying this time!

#25 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Ears Good luck in the TWW. I hope those pimples don't mean a thing (or maybe that is a sign of pregnancy for you this time)!

Ibreed I wonder if nursing mothers don't get help, not because they are being judged, but because the provider doesn't have the knowledge to help. That might not be the case in your situation. I've just been thinking about that...

rebirth I hope things just fall into place for you!

#26 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Okay... is there not a June DDC? Or am I over-looking something...?

#27 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM

The DDCs are groups starting with May, Scroll up to the top of the page where you can see the menu items in the purple bar, click on the groups tab and you'll be able to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzinsMama View Post

Okay... is there not a June DDC? Or am I over-looking something...?

So glad to see some BFPs here! Congrats Zoe and Sraplayas! joy.gif

AFM, Nothing interesting here. I'm getting a bit of EWCM, so I've got my fingers crossed that O holds off until DH gets home, which will hopefully be Friday instead of Sunday now, so that improves my chances a bit.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#28 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 AM

I got another BFP today and no signs of AF so I called the midwife :)  Thanks so much everyone for your support over the past few months.  I hope lots of more BFPs are on the way for this group!!

#29 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM

texasfarmom - That makes a lot of sense. It seems like a "hands off subject" because no one knows much about it so its easier to avoid it. I called the midwife's nurse and spoke to her to ask her if I had any more options in relation to these long cycles and she tried to convince me that I'm just ovulating during these long cycles without knowing it. (Like if I had 60 days between periods I ovulated twice and just didn't have a period in between). It was ridiculous. I told her I charted and took OPKs so I'm almost positive I didn't. How does a midwives nurse not know how a cycle works? After speaking to my best friend last night she convinced me to go ahead and see the OB. Her point was "what is the worst that can happen? You get no more help than you're getting now and you pay for one doctor visit." So I filled out the paperwork and sent it in, including my cycle history since 2007....long before DS. Irregular cycles are my history. So is having to take provera to have cycles.

I'm also visiting the university library to read "Medications and mothers' milk" by Thomas Wright Hale to see what he has to say about clomid. Thats the only option I know.

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#30 of 163 Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Ibreed I find that so shocking that the midwife said that! though I'm not sure why I'm so surprised because it seems like any time I try to talk to a doctor/midwife about charting and ttc and nursing they don't seem to know much about it at all. I've just repeatedly been told to wean. 

mefly-by-nursing1.gif(30), DH (32), SAHM to DD (Jan '02), DS (Sept '08) and DD2 (Nov '09). homebirth.jpg, mostly familybed1.gif   MC Jan '09 & Sept '11,  pos.gif due 07/07/12signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page