How long might my cycle be delayed from cyst or anovulatory cycle?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Usually I use opk's but this month right around my normal time of ovulation I didn't use any. Around day 19 which is when I normally have ovulation pain I did have some which then continued for a about 6 days and stopped. Besides that I have no way of knowing if I ovulated. 

Also I researched the pain and also some suggested a cyst but the pain left and after reading the info on cysts I am not sure I had one.

I have thought that perhaps I didn't ovulate as my usual signs were not there. I am taking vitex; this is my 2nd month using it so it could be that it has helped with the symptoms of ovulation.

Anyway I am wondering if I didn't ovulate and am experiencing an anovulatory cycle how long might af be delayed? And the same question for if it was a cyst (just asking incase); how long would af be delayed? 

I have tested and haven't gotten a positive. If I did ovulate when I usually do I would be 10dpo so I know its still early.

Thank you for being patient with all my questions!

Batia-mama to a quiverfull and lifetime companion to my bestfriend!
When life knocks you on your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray!
#2 of 2 Old 10-22-2011, 06:54 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, if you have a corpus luteum cyst I don't know if there would be much pain involved.  I'm not sure that most women know they even had one.  But then again, most women don't experience ovulation pain either, so you could be more sensitive.  As for the pain stopping, I really don't know what that might mean.  Typically a corpus luteum cyst resolves on its own within a few weeks.  So AF would then be delayed a few weeks.  I don't really know anything about other types of cysts.

If you did not ovulate, then typically our body will gear up to O again several days or sometimes weeks later.  So if you see another patch of fertile CF, assume you are fertile.  But annovulatory cycles can really differ.  Some mimic normal cycle lengths with breakthrough bleeding monthly.  Others go on a very long time- months- before breakthrough bleeding occurs.  Otherwise, I would assume that you would get around to Oing at some point.

Vitex often takes months to really affect change, but I do know that some women on these boards saw change within one cycle.  So it's possible that your body is trying to balance out and O is simply delayed.  In this case OPK's wouldn't have helped you anyway since they can't confirm O.  Why did you decide not to temp?

And certainly, 10 DPO could be too early to test if you did O at your typical time, so if AF doesn't show within the next week, I would test again.  Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page