April 11-17 -- The One Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tara and Laura, I am so sorry to hear about your losses.............

Sending some healing thoughts for everyone who has recently suffered a loss.....
#182 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, my PM issues are resolved now, I hope : The problem was with my sent mail. How do I get it to not save the mail I send?

Oh and the list is updated. I've included the other two LWNEH to our list who are from other forums on the board, b/c I think every little bit of support they can get is important! And sadly, it brings our total to seven

Kama and Jesse
#183 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Ravenmoon -- hmmmm... my guess is the charting system is wrong then. THey are just making assumptions based on your last period's dates, not on temps, right? I am all confused about it... Did your temps indicate you ovulated on the 6th, too?

Anyway, a huge hug to you, too. I've been in limbo a lot, myself, not knowing if I ovulated, when my period was supposed to come, so I have first hand knowledge of how it sucks!

(BTW, that's not to say you're in limbo, I wouldn't put you there unless you told me to, and it's not to say you didn't ovulate on the 6th, either. Just trying to be supportive!)

HTH!
#184 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:30 PM

My temps indicated around the 7th actually.This is hard but hey i am still learning.Thanks~
#185 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:31 PM

And yes it is based on dates.Which i guess mean nothing~
#186 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, dates mean nothing. I'd go with the 7th (not too far off the 6th, which is good Means you won't be waiting extra long).

I'd say your period is due @ the 14th or 15th, if you have a normal length LP. But some women don't so if it comes earlier, don't be shocked. And if you get your BFP, so much the better!!! :

OK, I am outta here -- too much to do right now, to get ready for my performance. I will be back tonight (or later this afternoon, if I am procrastinating, like I do!)
#187 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:13 PM

What's this about Jesse????? Did she post?? This is just not right!!!!!!!!!!
kama -
#188 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:37 PM

Hi bunches. Yeah, sadly - she posted in the preg & loss forum.
#189 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:41 PM

This is for the ladies with recurring yeast infections....I had that problem for a couple years and nothing worked: diflucan, monistat, tea tree oil, pau d'arco tea, myhrr salve,yogurt(you name it I tried it)...what worked was douching but not very deep (sorry for the details) with very diluted apple cider vinegar (1/10 or less if it hurts) maybe because it was natural and did not gross me out like prescriptions and creams. The tea tree oil had worked for a while but I was worried about using it while pregnant or ttc (a doula friend told me it's not good for the sperm). Anyway, the vinegar worked immediately. I cant tell you the relief, and cleared it for good! I'm talking over a year of freedom and anyone who's had ongoing itching will know what I'm talking about. I still do my gratitude prayer about it once in while! I can even wear non-cotton undies again! And whenever I feel a hint of maybe it's about to come back, I nip it in the bud with the vinegar thing.

Hugs to all and happy thoughts

Tara, is that you with the weird psychic and dates dreams? I have a weird 4/8 thing and crazy dreams in episodes...I really believe in the symbolism of dreams...anyone want to share some?
#190 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Hey ladies...I am off to go be with my friend for the weekend. He needs it.

I will be back Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have a good weekend!!
Much and to all!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#191 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:54 PM

have a safe trip and my best to your friend. for you too.
#192 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Marie - how do you get it in there to douche? i really am clueless at times
yes i have been having dreams but i have no real idea what they mean. with my april 4th was the day i ovulated but didn't conciously know the date...

Adina - extra hugs for your friend

my nauseousness returned last night, i have never been so happy to be feeling icky but only at night.. 3 more days til i can test

tara
#193 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 04:32 PM

OMG, my heart is breaking for all the losses. I am SO sorry to hear of some of the losses that have been experienced, please know that you are in my prayers.
In fact, all you ttc-er's are in my prayers...I know I'm kind of a nobody here, but I do keep you all in my prayers. Its sometimes a long, tough journey, and I feel the more prayers the better. I don't know you all well, but as a woman, and a mother I can empathise with all of you, with what you are feeling, knowing it could just as easily be me walking in your shoes.
I need to stop, lately if I start crying I can't stop. Just know there is 'someone out there' thinking of you...

My update, well, I've been an emotional wreck, bitchy (damn mercury retrograde!) my boobs feel big and sore, and at the store today I was compelled to buy swiss cheese, pickles, and root beer. Thing is I don't eat dairy, or pickles, and rarely (like never) drink soda...and I got home and didn't want any of it. So, either I'm a nutcase, or...could it be? I just can't get excited. I'm too sad right now. It would be a X-mas baby though...

Better go take atvantage of nap time and get some work done.
Prayers and to all of you...
#194 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 05:21 PM

Hi Ladies, I've been lurking. Thanks to everyone for all the extra hugs. I can't believe all the recent m/c's. When I read through all the names this month I literally got chills (and not in a good way.) I have to say -- this is one instance where misery does NOT love company...

I just can't believe the wonderful support here. You ladies are all so wonderful. I'm thinking of all the women going through this terrible journey with me. I hope we all find our way to other side of this and come out stronger and more beautiful than before.

Perhaps I should post this on pregnancy loss forum, but as I've said before the camraderie here can not be duplicated...

I'm still feeling a bit lost. I've been able to hold it together the past couple of days, but only because I think I'm numb. When I see baby-things, instead of feeling the longing I did after my first m/c, I feel only resignation that this is not supposed to be a part of my life right now.

I really thought I had life all figured out -- I was sure I'd have this baby. Now I just feel niave and scared -- because I know things can go terribly wrong no matter how much confidence or faith I have. Boy...that's a bummer of a thought.

I did have something magical happen to me 2 days ago that I'd like to share. I was finishing reading "Ended Beginnings" (a great book for those who are grieving -- it totally normalizes and validates your feelings) and it ends with a visualization.

You're supposed to visualize yourself in a favorite place where you feel safe and protected, where you can be with your baby and exchange gifts. My favorite place is a beach. I visualized giving my beautiful little child the November Angel pin my sis-in-law gave me over Christmas when she dreamed I'd have a Nov baby. And my baby gave me a green piece of sea-glass. It was a very comforting visualization.

The next day I was visiting a personal training client of mine who had just returned from Florida. She had gifts for me -- and one was a silver necklace with a green piece of sea glass...

I immediately started crying -- it was just incredible. It was a little bit of magic that I so desperately needed.

I still don't know where I stand with my beliefs and faith right now, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

I hope you other women that are going through a m/c right now will experience a little bit of magic in your lives as well. I'm thinking of you....

Sorry this post was so self-absorbed. I am following everyone trials and tribulations and I'm rooting you all on....

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#195 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 05:42 PM

Kate
I'm so sorry sweetie. I really don't even know what to say. I know you loss was hard to bear. heck any loss is. I know I'm doing ok, but I do already have a sweet daughter already and it's been helping me get through this.

It's just not fair whats been happening this week

I hope next week will bring much happiness to us all.
#196 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 05:43 PM

I wasn't online yesterday at all and came back to this. So heart-rending. I'm torn for all of you. Many to everyone, especially to Kate who I see as being in a particularly scalded emotional state right now. I was so happy for all of you and am so very sad for your losses.

Much love to everyone.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#197 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Healing light for you mama's in your time of need.

Tara~at the drug/grocery store they usually have kits for douches.Just put in your vinegar(buy oraganic,Braggs is awesome)instead of the crap they have.This is helpful because it balances out your PH.

It felt good to workout today.Now i am eating that fresh strawberry pie i made.

Tofumama~same with me.I bought a few things at the store(like sauerkraut)that i would never normally buy.I hope cravings are a good thing!
#198 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 06:29 PM

HUGE HUGS to all that need them.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#199 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Zig

Hi, everyone. I hope it's okay if I jump in. Dh and I just decided a couple of weeks ago that we would give it a go. Of course, he would have to leave on a business trip before I actually ovulated, but I think we tried up to a day or two before O, so I'm hoping it was just an inadvertent try for a girl!

So, hi, I'm Zig, I'm 30, this will be the first pregnancy for both of us. I'm extremely nervous as my mom was my age when she started TTC and was 35 when I was born. She's been very hazy about the specifics of what took so long; it's clearly something she doesn't enjoy talking about, so I'm putting off asking her until I feel more sure she has information I need to know. We generally have a very close relationship and I'm uncomfortable making her uncomfortable if I won't have to, iykwim.

I've been charting for a few months, so I know I'm on cd 22 and I think I'm 2 dpo, but I feel like I never know for sure until around 5 or 6 dpo.

You look like an amazing group of women and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better. I'm sorry there's been such a run of bad news lately. Many hugs and warm fuzzies to those who are hurting.

Zig
#200 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 07:48 PM

Welcome Zig!!
Hope your stay here is short and sweet!!
#201 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 PM

Zig, Hope your stay with us is short and sweet!

to everyone who needs an extra one (or ten).

Today I'm on cd10, and my temp dropped considerably this morning, and I've got lots of ewcm (bring on the bd-fest!). This is pretty early in my cycle for the ewcm, so I'm hoping to take advantage of it -- I plan to GIO with DH a lot in the next couple of days.

Kimberly: blogging wife to Todd and work-at-home-struggling-with-work/life-balance adoptive mama to Adam (2005) and Leah (2008)
#202 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 08:05 PM

Zig!! hope your stay here is short, sweet and fun!

Not much happening here. I'm super busy at work today... and I have a last minute bday party to go to for (another) prego friend tonight.... so I'm kinda swamped here.

of course, no psycho symptoms yet..... YET. I hope to survive 7 more days then I'll test before my MIL gets into town.. hope to have good news for her.

SOunds like a serious round of are in order... come on everyone...
I'll try to post that meditation tonight.. depending when I get home from the party. Otherwise it may happen tomorrow. maybe i'll start a whole thread for the fertiltiy blessing. we all could use that!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#203 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 08:22 PM

welcome zig and like the others have said, i hope your stay is short. i know it willbe sweet with all these wonderful ladies.

to everyone and best of luck to those o'ing/testing!!
#204 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 09:27 PM

A big for everyone. I made my therapist cry today when I told her about this community and the recent losses. We had a really good session today and I have to announce here that I realized today (not so much a realization as a simply first time stating the fact) that MDC is the community I'm so lacking in real life. This place offers me the reflection and the dialogue that I don't have the opportunity for with toddlers running underfoot in a playgroup or in LLL or my AP group. You all are really wonderful.

So I don't think I'm anywhere near Oing after all. Maybe next week sometime. My temps finally seem to have evened out a bit now that I'm no longer sick, or it could be the new thermometer. Who knows. I am spotting still though, so I called my midwife in Ohio b/c I was looking at my chart and realized that I bled for 5 days, had that end-AF brown discharge/little bit of blood nastiness for 2 days, and have been spotting for the last 5. They think it's just a normal fluctuation possibly related to the IUD, but as there is no pain or signs of infection, there's no immediate cause for concern. I think that once I get back to Ohio I'll get the IUD out right away and have my yearly pap a little early. That should give me July and August to figure out my fertility a little better and to make sure I function without the IUD in. I realized today that I have no idea how my body actually functions because first I had irregular cycles, but I was a teenager. Then I was on the pill for 4 1/2 years. Then I was in the coming off the pill weirdness stage (that alexis seems to be going through right now). Then I was pregnant. Then I was breastfeeding. Then I got the IUD which causes really heavy, long periods. So I don't know what my body really does at all.

Today's just been a day full of realizations. I'm feeling a little drained. I think I will veg with Must See TV tonight and DS's neural paths will just have to suffer that they're programmed to watch Friends. Hey, at least it's ending, and fwiw, we've mostly had the TV unplugged in last week, which it will continue to be most of the time.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#205 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 09:48 PM

Oh Kate - your post was so touching. How magical. My heart aches for you, and everyone here who has lost their babies.

s are definitely in order!!!

Welcome Zig! I echo the refrain we like to say here: May your stay be short but sweet! You'll definitely find support here for all the ups and downs of ttc.

everyone!! Spring is on its way...!
#206 of 281 Old 04-15-2004, 11:08 PM

welcome Zig!! - you have found a great group of woman to go through the TTC journey with

((hugs)) Kate - your story gave me good chills, what a great sign your little one gave you.

tara
#207 of 281 Old 04-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Zig

Good morning and thank you all for the welcome! I'm so glad to be here. I wanted to start TTC nearly two years ago but life and dh weren't ready yet. And then about a month ago, poof, everything fell into place!

My temp went up again this morning so I feel like I can say with certainty now that I have a coverline! My temps spike a fair amount during and immediately after AF, so it makes it hard to be sure sometimes.

Dh is so cute; he wanted to know if I could test now that I know I ovulated. Um, no. I had no idea that he knew so little about the whole thing, but he's willing to learn. So it's an adventure for both of us.

Speaking of testing, I have a pregnancy test left from when things were really out of whack after I came off the pill. (Was someone else talking about this recently? It took me nearly six months to have charts that made any sense.) It expired last September. I hate to throw it away, those things are expensive, but is it worth anything at all?

for us all!
#208 of 281 Old 04-16-2004, 08:54 AM

... I know I'm "new" to these parts, and that anything I say will really be inadequate to the largeness of the pain some of you are going through ...

but I wanted to let you ladies know how much this board has come to mean to me. This community is wonderful and I find myself thinking of you throughout my days ...

My heart breaks for those of you suffering recent losses ... I hope that in some small way knowing that you are thought of helps ...

Thank you all for being so open & honest and making this journey one filled with companions ... otherwise it would be a lonely walk, indeed!
#209 of 281 Old 04-16-2004, 09:42 AM

Anna, what a nice thing to say. (you too Kara) This is a wonderful community of women, one that likely could not be duplicated in real life, however, Alexis Hevesoul and I are all going to get together soon, so we'll let you know! I know it has been really neat the other 2 times that Hevesoul and I met, felt like we'd known each other for ages. I find myself thinking of the women here during the day as well and sometimes have an overwelming need to get to my computer.
I'm feeling a little better today, I'm not totally sure why this birthday hit so hard, but it did. We went out to dinner last night and then despite my telling dh that we needed to start the every other day process last night, we just went to bed and he rubbed my back until I fell asleep. We will start tonight (tonight is only day 9) I have another terribly busy day today, I really need a rest, but I don't see that coming soon.
#210 of 281 Old 04-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Someone move me over to Pre -o Please!! Pretty Prett Please!!!

Woohoo - I am now going to go drive for 15/16 hours with cramps! Wish me luck!

See you all soon!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page