**~THE ONE THREAD~** October 30 - November 6 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2011, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A2E: big hugs!

MamanF: I'm so sorry about your mom. My mom and dad had a similar abusive relationship. Luckily my mom decided to leave when I was very young, but I still had court ordered visitation with my dad. IMHO The only thing that helps is getting counseling from someone who specializes in domestic abuse. It may be worth it for you to get counseling to help you deal with things.
Sorry AF is being so rough, too. It kinda makes sense considering your uterus hasn't done much sloughing for a long time. She's just doing some very intense house cleaning wink1.gif. I hope you're able to keep the anemia from getting too bad.

Carlin: Still sending hugs your way!

Belia: Yay for not Oing yet!

AFM 6 dpo and not really noticing anything. I have been really busy which is always good during the 2ww. My birthday was on Thursday but I've had almost a week of celebrating already and tonight is my party. I'm going with 20+ of my friend and family out to dinner at a Mediterranean place with belly dancers and such. And tomorrow morning DH and I are leaving for 5 days in Door County Wisconsin. I may be MIA for a few days, but I hope there's tons of good news waiting for me when I get back!

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Today is my husband's birthday... and I got a new boyfriend. :-X

Wanna see him?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ElijahsMom/001.jpg

Ain't he sexy? Totally makes up for AF showing up! I made a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting today for DH's birthday with him. DH is already jealous of how much time I am spending with him. He wishes I would play with him half as much. lol.gif I've been wanting one for years! I got the ice cream attachment and pasta makers as well. SQUEEEEEEE!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM

A2E, Wait, that's my boyfriend! Oh, no worries, mine wears red. I haven't gotten any attachments yet, but I sure have fun slapping them on my wishlish. I'm so sorry about AF showing up. I hope you are hanging in there with all that's going on. I can't imagine that your grandfather doesn't feels the love that you have for him. I think that is impossible to fake, and impossible to hide. And what greater honor could you do him than to draw inspiration from his life and teach your children those lessons?

MamanF, eek, sorry about the horrific AF and what you've been going through with your mom. It takes a lot of strength, in my opinion, to do what you are doing - to stand firm and not enable the abusive behavior.

AFM, FF seems super confident that I o'ed on cd12...I actually think it was more likely early on cd13...but yeah, the upshot is, can I be moved to Waiting to Know?

So, can I ask you guys a dumb question? What do you mean when you talk about pretty charts? Mine are all basically the same, pg or not, through the lp. If there is a chart divination trick I don't know, well, do share!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

gozal, moved you over! As for the pretty charts, to me it's when temps are all relatively even and there's a clear, high temp jump after O. You know... picture perfect? LOL Not like my ugly chart last cycle.

A2E - that's a fine boyfriend you got there! Mine's name is Keurig and he gets me hot within 4 minutes. Heeheee.

I *think* AF is dying. I don't want to jinx myself but I was able to wear a tampon for 4 hours and it wasn't even full when I changed! Woo! OASN, I don't think I have ever talked about the details of my period like this in my entire life. LMAO Hopefully there will be no more AF news on the horizon.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 11-06-2011, 04:58 AM

gozal: I'm jealous of your boyfriend! I wanted the red one too but they were completely out so I had to settle with white. My whole house is red, lol... it's my favorite color! Thank you so much for your kind words on my Grandpa. I hope you are right. He's an amazing man and I just want to make him proud. smile.gif FX for a little bean for you this cycle... you've been here too long! As for a pretty chart, basically one that the temp stays UP (and keeps going up) instead of falling right before AF... I get pretty charts, usually, up until 10dpo or so and then I have this major plunge of death that tells me AF is coming so it then becomes this ugly, ugly chart that I know has NO chance of pregnancy. My actual pregnancy chart wasn't that pretty until 13dpo where my temp shot WAY up and by then, I pretty much knew I was pregnant anyway since having a chart that DIDN'T plunge told me something on it's own.

MamanF: LMAO! I want one of those soooo bad and I don't even drink coffee... but for the rare times I do, by the time I'm done brewing I don't want it anymore... now if I had one of those.... lol. Sending you some -go away AF- vibes!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 AM

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/158654   does this look like we had good timing for this month and do my temps still look ok even though it dipped yesterday?  It's back up today....

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

brichole - BD timing looks perfect and so do your temps (could have been a little CD 8 implantation dip). FX!!

AF stopped last night. Only to return this morning at 10am after 12 hours of being MIA. irked.gif

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 AM

MamanFrancaise:  Thank you :)  I really hope that this was our month.  We didn't get in as many BD sessions as we had planned but hey it only takes one time i guess...  I'm sorry that AF is playing games with you though!! That is just EVIL!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Brichole - I think your timing looks fabulous.  With a normal sperm count, men produce 200 million sperm per ejaculation.  With a number like that you would think it would be easy, but we only need one good shot to succeed. When double-checking that number I also learned that it takes an average of 5 to 68 minutes for a single sperm to travel from the vagina to the fallopian tube.  I thought that was crazy.  I would have guessed several hours at least.  Bananas. 

A2E - I'm insanely jealous.  I was just looking at pictures of your BF on Craigslist this morning.  I hate to break it to you, but he does get around a bit.  

Gozal - I'm with A2E and MF. Pretty charts are textbook.  They show a clear biphasic pattern and a nice, high, 12 day+ luteal phase.  They also might include great cervical fluid, cervix positioning, and well-timed BD.  

AFM - Inspired by Carlin's meticulous charting, I started checking the position of my cervix this month for the first time. It has been interesting and a learning process to be sure.  I'm finding more egg white CM though I am not sure if this is a byproduct of an more extensive examination or if I am just producing more fertile CM.  Either way, it is exciting.  Now I am just waiting to O.  My partner is going to be gone intermittently throughout the week and I hope we are able to get the timing right.  I also am going to the RE tomorrow.  He is going to try to determine what side I am ovulating on so I can better manage my expectations from month to month (right tube is blocked).  I hope it is the left side this month! 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Krunchyk:    :)   I'm soooooo ready to POAS lol.  I was able to test at 10p trigger shot with my last baby but I don't know that we are going to have to do the IF treatments this time.  It's like after I had DD#2 my cycles straightened out....we've just had crappy timing (and a loss) over the past 9 months of TTC #3!!!  It is crazy that it only takes sperm that little bit of time to make it to the fallopian tubes!!! WOW!!!   I have been crampy (not like AF crampy) the past couple of days, my bbs have been KILLING ME, and i honestly think if i wasn't typing i might fall asleep right about now lol.  I've also had a headach most of today and been really dizzy!! I really am hoping that these are symptoms i can go on!!! Mainly because they are the same ones i had with DD#2!  I guess only time will tell!!! 

Old 11-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Brichole:  I agree that the dip could have been an implantation dip!!  The timing of your BD should be fine. FX!!

KnittinKitten: Happy birthday!!!  The restaurant sounds awesome!  I'm originally from Wisconsin and I adore Door County!!  Have fun and think of me while you are there.  

MamanF: When my period does that I call it the "death throws".  It doesn't want to give up already.  Hopefully in the next day or so, you'll be over and done with it.  

AFM: My temp shot up again this morning. I have no idea if it was from the extra hour of sleep and daylight savings or if it was something more.  I soooo want to POAS right now.  Its not going to happen, but I want to so badly!!  My in-laws are coming in town to visit for the week starting on Tuesday.  I'm not a huge fan of my MIL, so yeah.  I'm eagerly awaiting her back handed compliments and snide remarks as I type this.  

Myllissa (31) + DH (32)  = DS (4), & Expecting Baby #2 Due Febuary 2013!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Mylissa: I hope it for a better than you think with your in-laws. At least it will probably distract you from POAS wink1.gif Thanks for the bday wish smile.gif

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

New thread is up!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1335370/the-one-thread-november-6-13

Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 PM

So, I guess I'm more serious now about getting pregnant, and I'm really afraid I might be too late... I turned 42 in September, and we've been TTC for several months. I have 5 kids, ranging from 22 to 18 months, and it never took more than a handful of cycles to get pg. I am on cycle day 1 again. :/ 

link to my FF chart: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c867

User Tag List