Bitter Sushi Ladies - November 2011 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the November Threadheartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

bootsvalentine
32, TTC #1 since 06/10, diagnosed with PCOS 11/11, first Clomid cycle 11/11

cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif

TTC # 1 since Oct 2010

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

Gemmine BFPChart2.gif

me(27) & DH (28) TTC #1 since July 2010 with 1 loss April 2011 (5 weeks)

IsisandOsiris

TTC #1 since August 2009

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kittenbritches

TTC #3 since May 2010

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #4 ???

lilmom

36, TTC #2 for 2 years with PCOS and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

monkeyscience

me (27) and dh (25) TTC #1 with PCOS since 6/10 - waiting till May 2012 to decide on further interventions  chart1.gif

Objet_Trouve

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

rcr

TTC since December 2007 with 1 failed IVF, 5 failed injectable IUIs, and now on to 2nd IVF in December 2011. Trying to keep hope alive.
Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

Sourire

TTC #1 since August 2010

Wissa19

Wissa19 (33), DH (39) sweet buddy (12/07), TTC #2 since 06/09

yoyonana

34 , DH 31, TTC for 3 years, done all kinds of tests, unexplained infertilitty

hug2.gifIn our thoughts, on hold, and/or waitinghug2.gif

milk8shake

TTC#1 since April 2009 - taking a much needed break after five losses - saga to be continued mid 2012

AGreenMum10

silverbird

- ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness. Husband passed away 5/25/11 candle.gif

mi_dawn -

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

dust.gif BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick...

calycanth - due 6/23/11 stork-suprise.gif

LessTravaledBy - due 6/24/12 stork-suprise.gif

CA Country Girl - due 6/26/12 stork-suprise.gif

Praha - due 6/11/12 stork-suprise.gif

Sweetest77 - due 5/20/12stork-suprise.gif

TandN - due 5/17/12stork-suprise.gif

Kyamo - due 3/7/2012 stork-boy.gif

MommyMatsumoto - due 1/2012 stork-suprise.gif

Emaya - due 1/2012 stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gifstork-girl.gif

Sweet.Bee - due 1/15/2012 stork-girl.gif

lavatea - due 12/2011 stork-boy.gif

Rachel88 - due 11/20/2011 stork-suprise.gif

2whistle.gif Waiting on an update... 2whistle.gif

joy.gif BSL BABIES joy.gif

Code Name Mama - Ailia Genevieve 11/24/11

miriam bat avraham- Talulah and Susannah 11/11/11

grahnola mum/GMUM - baby girl 10/6/11

Jane -  baby boy 9/30/11

borobaby - River Ann 9/19/11

justthinkin - baby boy 8/27/11

Maurine - Phin 7/20/11

Tear 78 - Anika 7/15/11

slylives - Cameron 6/15/11

kalamos23 - baby boy 4/28/11

xtara2003x - Emerson Rae 4/27/11

jenniferadurham - Ryan born 3/28/11

Nanette56 - Tristan and Cael born 3/18/11

finnegansmom - Henry born 2/11

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11

LINK to our graduates thread - Winter 2011/2010 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper (wissa19) know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

Please put all notes for changes or additions to this post in bold! Thank you!!

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#2 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

I've started the November Thread.  Let's hear it for some November BSL BFPs!!!  We've had a couple for the past two months. 

Unfortunately, two of those were not be.  Thinking of you GreenMum and Milkshake!! 

As the thread has gone quiet I thought I would ask those of us remaining a couple of questions...

1.  What have you learned about yourself that you didn't know before your struggle with IF?

2.  What's one of the craziest things you've done for TTC?  Things that people without IF would think insane?

#3 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread wissa! I'm just back from vacation & at work, but I love the questions & I'll answer them tomorrow. Thinking of you all smile.gif

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#4 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

1.  What have you learned about yourself that you didn't know before your struggle with IF?

That the desire for a baby can overpower any other single emotion or desire.

I used to be one of those women who thought "you're obviously not meant to have kids" if I heard about someone having multiple miscarriages, and I used to wonder how they could keep going back for more.  Now I know. 

2.  What's one of the craziest things you've done for TTC?  Things that people without IF would think insane?

Not really TTC, but I took 10... yes, TEN hpts with my last pregnancy. All of them FRERS, approximate cost: $70

I think even DP would die if he knew that.  I mean, he knows I'm obsessive, he just doesn't know the monetary value of that obsession.

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#5 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Well when I read them earlier they were such great questions... now I'm having a much harder time answering them...

I now understand how people keep trying to have a baby, before IF I always felt like 'at some point don't you just give up', now I can see that every month feels like a new opportunity to try again (even if at 8 dpo you don't think you could ever ever ever survive another cycle). I feel like on CD1 is so sad and somehow after 2 or 3 days a new light of hope emerges, and 'this cycle could be different'.

Oh there are a few, most people I know think charting is insane... I have a whole 'pharmacy' of vitamins and herbs-- drops, powders, pills, capsules, teas, you name it, I've probably tried it.... Amazon.com probably thinks I run a fertility clinic with the amount of OPKs, HPTs, & preseed I've bought. `I think anyone without IF would think the amount of money I have spent TTC is absolute craziness... sometimes I think it is craziness... but really... at some point, I just can't give up.

That said, I have my follow up tomorrow with my RE to see what the plan is for my next cycle. I was off everything this cycle because they couldn't get me in until now. I've been spotting since 3 dpo, I just don't understand why my cycles have just gotten worse and worse since we started TTC. That and officially reaching the year mark TTC, let's just say I've eaten a lot of Halloween candy (our trick or treating was postponed due to a freak snowstorm that dumped 6-20 inches in our area- so I have 4 bags here!).

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#6 of 147 Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM

Thanks for the new thread Wissa! My computer crashed last night, after I packed all day. I was planning on volunteering for the new thread, so maybe I can just do December instead, since Nov. has proven to be crazy already for me!

As for the questions:

1) I have learned that above all, I am not a quitter. I am going to keep on trying. So, if ever there was any doubt about me not having the ability to keep on going and going, this has definitely answered that question. I also have learned that the first time around, it was the desire to be the mother that bore a hole through my heart. This time I have learned that the desire your child feels to have a sibling can be every bit as motivating, even when I feel down or like it will never happen, I keep going because my son would be an amazing brother, and I will do whatever I have to do to give him that chance.

By the way, Milkshake, I also agree with you that prior to IF I would have probably questioned why people keep going after years, or after many losses. Not anymore.

2) I think people would think nearly everything I do is crazy! Charting, I've done various herbs, maca, acupuncture, chiropractic for fertility, now royal jelly and coming up soon fertility drugs. I also tend to be a little superstitious and I am excited that O time should be around the EXACT same dates that we conceived DS 5 yrs ago. I hope this is my fertile time of year. I'm sure alot of people would think that's crazy for me to think that there is a more fertile time of year for each individual woman but I do believe that it's true. : ) Also, my uncle says, "There are always cold-snap babies. You watch, when that first cold-snap of the year comes, 9 months later, there will be babies!" I'm hoping this will be my second time to get a cold-snap baby!!!!! You know, some people might even say it's crazy for me to think it could still happen for me, at 36, after over 2 yrs of trying and one loss, with pcos. But see #1, I'm not quitting.

The update for today. Still no AF, however, I have a pounding headache that I think may be the "period headache". Which means she'll be showing up tomorrow. But then again, I did temp this morning and I had a good high post-O type temp. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I feel super nauseous tonight, but that could just be me getting a migraine. I didn't think it would take this long post progesterone for me to start. But maybe because I am super stressed it's slowing everything down. I'll keep y'all posted.

cbaa- good luck at the RE..hope you get a great plan going.

#7 of 147 Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the open and honest answers ladies.  It's amazing to find women who I can finally relate too and not feel so alone.  Now I guess I should answer my own questions.

I always new I was stubborn and I guess IF proves it because month after month I keep trying.  In an ironic twist of fate I have learned how to lose weight. ;)  Of course, I would rather have kept all the weight and have precious baby.  I think what I've really learned the most about myself is that my faith is real.  There have been many times I've felt like why is this my journey, but I always keep believing that God is in control. 

Aside from all the opks and herbs and I think my google mania would surprise people. The hours I have spent doing the same searches over and over just trying to find some kind of answer. Oh, and there's the going to different stores to by the opks and pregnancy tests...I didn't want the same store clerk to see me buying the same thing month after month.

cbaa - Good Luck with the RE apptointment.

lilmom - In your case I'm going to say yeah for AF soon, so you can start clomid.  I hope the clomid works for you!  December can be your month!

I'm at CD24.  I believe AF will start around the end of next week.  Next cycle I'm going try to do a monitored letrozole cycle w/trigger shot again.  Emotionally, I really don't want too, but logically I have too!  Since the surgery our copay is met and insurance will now pay for most the treatment.  Also, I need to try again before that tube grows back over. 

#8 of 147 Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissa19 View Post

Aside from all the opks and herbs and I think my google mania would surprise people. The hours I have spent doing the same searches over and over just trying to find some kind of answer.

yeahthat.gif I forgot about that one... DrGoogle has all (but mostly none) of the answers... and a lot of my free time!

#9 of 147 Old 11-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread, wissa! If you have any questions about linking things or whatever, just PM me - I'm happy to help.

The rest of this is C&P'd from the Infertility One thread. I just don't have the mental energy to rewrite it all.

Sorry for the radio silence. I have been skimming, but not feeling up to replying. I've been very busy helping SIL, and just in a very bad mental place about TTC. I am probably going to stick to minimal time around here for awhile, at least until I can get to a better place emotionally.

For right now, after meeting with a new OB/GYN, dh and I are starting on the South Beach diet. I'm about 20% through the book, and a lot of it makes sense to me, though there are parts of it that give me pause. (Dr. didn't put dh on the diet, just me, but dh has also chunked up a lot recently and it'll be a lot easier if we do it together.) Also, assuming I ovulate at some point in the next couple of months and don't get pregnant, I'll be starting BCPs to help me lose weight and to get my testosterone under control, with a recommendation I may or may not take to do Clomid when we're ready to get aggressive with TTC. This doc was the first to actually explain to me why BCPs could help with PCOS. Basically, it shuts down a whole signalling pathway that leads to egg development, but also leads to testosterone production. Also, it causes the body to produce more SHBG, which basically soaks up a lot of the testosterone in the blood stream. Because it shuts down FSH production as part of the whole signaling shutdown, it actually causes the ovaries to make more FSH receptors, making them more responsive to FSH for awhile after the BCPs are stopped.

I'm still kind of hoping for a pregnancy this cycle (I'm on CD15 today, and actually using OPKs this time), but I think I'm okay with the BCPs if it doesn't happen. At least it takes out the wondering if I'm pregnant, wondering if I'm ovulating uncertainty in my life. And if I can lose weight, that will only improve my fertility. Not that I'm too badly overweight - my BMI is about 26, but I'm 20 lbs heavier than I've ever been in my life, prior to a year or so ago. I will definitely like myself better if I can drop 25-30 lbs.

In the meantime, hope everything goes fantastically for everyone else, and I'll post more when I'm less busy and morose. (Though spending time with my niece and SIL is generally quite good for my mood!)

Oh, and something I forgot to say - I talked to my new OB/GYN about progesterone, and he called it "medical voodoo" along with 90% of what fertility docs do. He and his wife dealt with infertility for 8.5 years, and he says a lot of fertility docs don't have studies to back up their practices. Obviously, they do lots of things that work, but some of it is just tradition, more or less. He told me there are NO studies saying progesterone is helpful, unless you have an established history of miscarriage or LP defect, but that EVERY RE will tell you to take it. Having him say that almost made up for the fact that I didn't get to see him until 1.5 HOURS after my scheduled appointment - when I arrived early/on time. But he didn't rush our visit, either. So, we will see.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014
#10 of 147 Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

cbaa - Dr. Google - lol  :)

monkey - Glad to hear the meeting with your new Doctor went well. I know you had been nervous about meeting with a male Dr.  It sounds like you have a plan and that's always a good thing!  I like the South Beach Diet it's a lot like just cutting carbs.  I did that and worked out for 20-30 mins during the week and lost a lot of weight.  I think when it comes to fertility Docotors they tend to do what has worked the most for them!  Now that can be good or it can be bad!   I'm pretty sure every RE gives progesterone out after a medicated cycle because if they don't and the woman has a mc ....  it's all about well why didn't you give that to me.  Mine will actually check progesterone levels before giving it to you at least. 

Some times us TTCers need a break to renew and refresh.  I'm sure you'll come back better than ever!!  and maybe with a baby (ummm but then you wouldn't be TTC).  ;)

#11 of 147 Old 11-02-2011, 09:34 PM

monkey-I'm so glad you liked the new doc. Also, when I got pg with DS, Dh and I were doing the South Beach diet. Amongst many other things..but you know, my ob.gyn at the time said he had seen several patients get pg on it. We tried it again since then and it didn't get us a baby, but it definitely does help with losing weight!! Which can't hurt, right? We try to eat a modified version of the South Beach all the time really..but we do have carbs just not as much as the norm I guess. Anyway, sorry to hear you are feeling so low about ttc but a break can really help sometimes!! I hope you'll come back to us refreshed!

wissa- I totally get the not feeling like you want to right now, but having to keep going! I have been there before. I hope this is going to be THE cycle for you!!!

AFM- I was wrong. It wasn't the period headache. In fact, I woke up with no headache, and temps still high. Which has got me feeling hopeful, although I'm not sure when I O'ed. I was pretty sure I hadn't O'ed, but now I feel like I probably did. I just haven't done a great job temping this cycle, so not having several days of temps is really making it hard to figure out for sure if I O'ed but I am most definitely having post O temps now, and based on the last fertile cm i saw, I would say I probably O'ed 9-11 days ago. My breasts are still tender, and they were the whole time I was on the progesterone, so I assumed that would quit and AF would show, but still no sign of her. I've also been feeling dizzy off and on. Woke up feeling dizzy today, and then a couple of times today I felt dizzy again, for no apparent reason. So if I am NOT pg, then I hope there isn't something seriously wrong! DH is feeling very hopeful. I'm not quite to the level of his optimism, I still think AF will show in the next day or two. If not, I will test in about 5 days. Then if I did O, I would be at 14dpo at the very least. I'm scared to get my hopes up. But of course, I am. Ugh. I was so sure I was out, but now i am wondering if the progesterone helped me out. Monkey, if I get a bfp I am going to have to poopoo your doc's idea that progesterone is medical voodoo. smile.gif

#12 of 147 Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the new thread, wissa, and good questions that I will try to answer later.  I had my egg retrieval today and we have 17 eggs.  We'll find out tomorrow about fertilization, but everything looks good today and we are on for transfer on Monday.  I feel pretty crappy, so I'll go for now.  I was just excited about the nice eggs and wanted to share.

A and M, June 2012
#13 of 147 Old 11-04-2011, 05:16 PM

Sounds great Kinza- I'll send up some prayers for successful fertilization and ET on Monday!

#14 of 147 Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Hello ladies-

Just checking in.  I am keeping tabs on you all.  I feel more connected to this thread than any others and I am hoping it is ok that I drop by now and then.

Kinza- so happy about all the lovely little eggs!  Sounds like great odds.  

Lilmom- sounds hopeful.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!  My five year old's desire for a sibling was the hardest thing for me when TTC.

Monkey-I hope the South Beach Diet goes well.  Hubby and I were pretty much on a Mediterranean diet the last six months.  We both lost about twenty pounds.

Wissa- good luck with the next cycle (letrozole and trigger)

Cbaa- I heard about the huge snows.  I am trying not too eat too much of my daughter's Halloween haul.

Milkshake- Hugs to you.  Was thinking of you as I snuggled my sweet puppy who is all healed up from his run in with barbed wire, but still crazy.

AFM-

Six weeks along today.  Feeling happy about even my uncomfortable symptoms.  There are many pregnant on the first try or not trying at all in my DDC, and even some that claim they really didn't want another but are getting used to the idea.  I have tried not to let it get me angry, but it seems terribly unfair.  To add to the conversation: while TTC, I learned that I was much more superstitious then I ever thought, I looked for signs all around me.  My craziest moments probably have to do with this too.  grouphug.gif

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#15 of 147 Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Still reading here, and thinking of all of you.

Good luck, Kinza!

Monkey, very interesting about the pill. I also do the best on a low carb diet. TBH, it is the only thing helping me to not gain weight. I will say, though, that the results can be BAAAD, if one gets used to high fat and protein (well, compared to the SAD), and then starts to raise carbs too much...

For those that have followed the whole fostering story of ours, it looks like the foster baby will leave in about a month. Whether that is good or bad, I try not to think. In theory I would like to be open to other placements right after. However, in all honesty, it has been very hard in the past two weeks, due to tiredness and morning sickness. (I had always wondered how those moms keep going that have babies who are very closely spaced... I guess I now know, though nursing while pregnant would be a whole other thing, yet.) I think some foster families don't accept placements during Christmas, so if I am feeling well enough, I think we might. The problem is that we never know how long a baby might stay and I am due 6 months from Christmas eve. We have been very blessed in this situation because this little one sleeps well and is mostly very calm and happy. I could not imagine looking after someone like our dd, who did not sleep, while feeling the way I do. Anyway.... Just counting our blessings, even when they are hard.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#16 of 147 Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Kinza - yeah for good eggs!  Sorry you are feeling "crappy", but hope everything goes well and you get your transfer on Monday.  :)

CountryGirl - Glad all is going well at six weeks...hope you have very unevenful pregancy.

LTB - It is amazing what you can do when you have too.  Maybe the morning sickness and tiredness will pass quickly. 

#17 of 147 Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Milkshake- Hugs to you.  Was thinking of you as I snuggled my sweet puppy who is all healed up from his run in with barbed wire, but still crazy.

Thanks love.gif I don't know what I would do without my little boy.  I'm glad that yours is all better now.

I'm managing.  Not exactly what you would call fully functional, but passable.  Everything just exhausts me.

We went away for DP's work Christmas function over the weekend.  Dinner, show, after show pub crawl, hotel room for the night - all expenses paid.  His bosses are pretty generous.

It was a BIG weekend, and we both got pretty drunk!  I think we needed to let off a bit of steam.  Anyway, we both had a good time, and luckily it wasn't really conducive to "family" so we didn't have to deal with any children.  And I just walked away whenever they came up in conversation.

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#18 of 147 Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM

milkshake, good to see you are managing.  I've been wondering.

This post is all about me again.  (Sorry.)  We had 14 wonderful embryos today available for transfer, so we chose to transfer two, at the doctor's suggestion.  We had originally planned to transfer three, but he said that if we did that there was a very real chance we'd end up with triplets, and if an embryo divided into identicals, even more.  No guarantees, but the doctor was very optimistic we'd get at least a singleton pregnancy this way.  Any embryos that make it to blast-stage on Friday will be frozen for later use.  So we are nervous wrecks but getting cautiously excited, I guess.  So until Friday, I get to do the modified bed-rest thing (I can get up to go to the bathroom or get something out of the fridge).  Beta is on November 21.

A and M, June 2012
#19 of 147 Old 11-07-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Kinza - Sounds like good news!  I can understand being on the conservative side ;).  Whew, Triplets would be alot.  Enjoy your bed rest and I hope those embryos dig in! ... I'm sure the 21st seems like a year from now to you. Hope you don't mind me asking, but for how long can you freeze embryos?  Just curious...

milkshake - Glad to hear you are least passable.  The exhaustion is just from being emotionally drained...I'll bet.  Hope with time you will feel better and stronger.

#20 of 147 Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinza View Post

milkshake, good to see you are managing.  I've been wondering.

This post is all about me again.  (Sorry.)  We had 14 wonderful embryos today available for transfer, so we chose to transfer two, at the doctor's suggestion.  We had originally planned to transfer three, but he said that if we did that there was a very real chance we'd end up with triplets, and if an embryo divided into identicals, even more.  No guarantees, but the doctor was very optimistic we'd get at least a singleton pregnancy this way.  Any embryos that make it to blast-stage on Friday will be frozen for later use.  So we are nervous wrecks but getting cautiously excited, I guess.  So until Friday, I get to do the modified bed-rest thing (I can get up to go to the bathroom or get something out of the fridge).  Beta is on November 21.

Wow, 14 embryos! That's awesome. fingersx.gif for sticky embryos!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#21 of 147 Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM

sorry, double post

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#22 of 147 Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Milk8shake- Christmas getaways already?! I am glad you guys had fun!

Kinza- Praying for sticky embryos- I think that 2 will be plenty- can't wait to hear your test result! Hope you have some good things to read and do in bed for the next few days,

LTB- sorry you are feeling sick, I'm glad for your foster baby that you were able to be there for her & keep her life settled at least for a time. I hope your symptoms improve and you are up to hosting another baby if they need you over the holidays.

lilmom- any update? how are you feeling?

CACG- Yay for 6 weeks! I hope you continue feeling good!

AFM- I'm on my 3rd night of Clomid tonight- so far my only side effect is night sweats. It is hard to feel hopeful when it didn't work last time, how is it supposed to be this time... I'm trying to focus on how blessed my life is in other ways, the rest will come.

#23 of 147 Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

---Day 1 has arrived.  As crummy as that is at least we are going to try the letrozole this month.  Called this morning and made an appointment for baselines...I hope it all goes smoothly with that this time.  Last time it lead to my surgery.   Also, no spotting this month before AF either, so I really think all my spotting issues my have been due to the endo.  Before the lap I had spotting starting around CD 25 or about 5 to 6 day before actual AF.  They said it was because I didn't O and my hormones were *&^!, but the month I O'ed on clomid I still had the same thing happen..., but after endo removal no spotting. :) 

And no big acne breakout before AF this month!! So, now I thinking I must have O'ed a little around the CD15/16 when I saw the EWCM and DH was out of town...

Sorry it's all about me...but who and where else am I going to tell this info. ;)

Cbaa - Good Luck with the clomid...Did they keep you on the same dosage of clomid as last time?  You had 3 eggs and trigger last time?  I've read somewhere that it usually takes 2 to 3 months...and even with O you only have like a 20 or 30% chance.  So, maybe this will be your month.  ;)

#24 of 147 Old 11-08-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the hope Wissa, I hadn't heard that so it makes me feel a little better. I was feeling sad that it was the same as last time. I'm glad you will be right behind me on the Letrazole! I am excited for you this cycle, I know how it feels to need something new to get hopeful over. I always wonder if I have some endo in there... I get terrible cramps and so much spotting, but if I get get pg without the scoping that would be preferable of course!

#25 of 147 Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM

Kinza- sooo excited and hopeful for your little emby's! I am praying for a fantastic outcome and hoping you are resting happily.

cbaa & wissa- best wishes with the clomid & letrozole!!!! we could have a really big December BSL's..

milkshake- the getaway sounds amazing! so glad you were able to let loose a little bit. i know you must be really exhausted emotionally and I'm so happy you could relax a little.

AFM, we finally have internet again! I've been reading along every day but my iphone seems to be dying and I wasn't able to post!!  Well, I'm incredibly frustrated..temps are still high, breasts still very tender, but I had a BFN on Monday. I am going to give it a couple more days and then test again. I'm not sure exactly how many dpo i am but seriously, I'm pretty sure at least 11 or 12dpo. I have not been dizzy anymore, for the past few days, so I think maybe that was a lasting side effect from the progesterone. Still feeling mildly crampy off and on. I don't know. Part of me says there is just no hope, but another part of me still wants to believe there is hope until my temps crash and AF shows. I'm way emotional, but that may be from the stress of the move, which has been HORRIBLE by the way, or maybe from the progesterone still? Is that possible? I've been off the progesterone for 10 (or 11?) days now, and I can't believe AF never showed, yet I haven't gotten a bfp. So, once again, my body doesn't seem to be working correctly. I was really expecting to see a BFP on Monday, and when it was stark white negative I was very sad. So now, I guess I'm still expecting AF.

Any ideas why progesterone would not cause me to have AF if not pregnant??? I'm perplexed and annoyed. And need to find new ob.gyn or RE now that we've moved.

Here is a link to my chart. I think I may have O'ed on CD29. Feel free to give your thoughts. I'm at a loss. FF says it thinks I O'ed btwn CD 14 ad 34. That's not very helpful!  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b51ce/

#26 of 147 Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 AM

My guess would be CD 29 lilmom- just based on the spotting  and no CM afterwards... but it certainly looks like you O'd, what CD's did you take the progesterone? In my experience when I started using progesterone before O it caused O not to happen, I just got AF a few days later (I thought I had O'

I just saw a quote I thought you would appreciateGoogle.jpg

Appropriate. I need to stop Googling. The success rates of Clomid 3-7 50mg prometrium ovedril etc etc etc are not going to make any difference in whether I get pregnant this cycle, I needed a reminder that God will provide, there is no magic 8 ball- or website as the case may be, that will tell me in my specific circumstance at this specific time, if I will become pregnant. Putting my faith in the good Lord, and having an iced tea--  because truly, one iced tea will not be the demise of my baby making abilities, amiright?

#27 of 147 Old 11-09-2011, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

lilmom -  This is only thing I could think of that might give you some ideas... I personally hope you are BFP.  Sorry your move has been so stressful.  Hope you are able to find a good doctor now you have moved.  I know AF not starting when it should is really upsetting for you...Hang in there. I know you will get some answers.

Progestin challenge, or progesterone withdrawal test is a test used in the field of obstetrics and gynecology in order to evaluate a patient who is experiencing amenorrhea. Due to readily available assays to measure serum estradiol levels, this test is now rarely used.[1] The test is performed by administering progesterone orally in the form of medroxyprogesterone acetate (Provera), or intramuscularly. If the patient has sufficient serum estradiol (greater than 50 pg/mL) then withdrawal bleeding should occur 2-7 days after the progestin is finished, indicating that the patient's amenorrhea is due to anovulation. However, if no bleeding occurs after progesterone withdrawal, then the patient's amenorrhea is likely to be due to either a) low serum estradiol, b) HPA dysfunction or c) a problem with the uterine outflow tract, such as cervical stenosis or uterine synechiae (Asherman's syndrome). In order to distinguish between hypoestrogenism or a uterine outflow tract problem, estrogen may be administered followed by a course of progestin in order to induce withdrawal bleeding. If the patient experiences withdrawal bleeding with the combined estrogen/progestin therapy, then the amenorrhea is likely due to low estrogen.[2] -wikipedia

Cbaa - Love the quote. I think I might need that to be my on desktop.  Ahh!  I know what it feels like to search for answers like they are magically going to appear.  I've searched and searched, but google is never going to tell me the future.  When I stop myself and go back to God, I always feel much more at peace. Good advice!

BTW - Iced Tea...Ummm. When I got BFP with DS I drank one Mt.Dew and one sweet tea a day!  Lol-now I've cut both out, but no BFP!  I think I read somewhere that a little caffine might actually be good for women with PCOS. (I don't remember the why of it though...you know it was one of those google searches) ;).

#28 of 147 Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM

cbaa- I do love that quote!!! And yeah, I agree with CD29..which would put me at 11dpo..sometimes my O is on a "drop" temp though, that's why I said maybe CD28 too..but spotting  makes CD29 seem more likely. I took the progesterone CD25-30. So, I was still taking it when I had that one little drop of spotting, so I don't think that was withdrawal, and seriously, it was one drop. I was going to start it a few days before that, so I'd have an exactly 28 day cycle in theory but I was busy trying to find a place to live and didn't. Not that it matters at this point!!....And, Ice Tea surely will not affect you that much, especially one. I think sometimes I do better with just a little bit of caffeine, although it makes me jumpy, so I hardly have it. Still, I love tea and drink the decaf stuff every day. Also, when I conceived DS, I definitely was not doing "everything right". It was just time. I was eating well though. But I was also having coffee on the weekends. So, no worries. And Dr. Google will drive me up the wall sometimes!! I got really upset when I read that Clomid helps 30% get pregnant within 6 months (or something like that). I thought, WHY would this work for me now when nothing else has been working? But then I started thinking, hey, I might just be part of that percentage. It's worth a shot.

wissa- thanks for the ideas. The strange thing is, I've used progesterone before and always had bleeding immediately after stopping it. So this is highly unusual. And when my progesterone was tested when I last saw the ob.gyn, he said it was normal, of course, that wasn't on CD21 so may not have been accurate. I guess low estrogen could be a possiblity? But I don't know, this is just so strange for me. And I'm not sure I qualify as having amenorrhea since I do have cycles, just long ones, and am known to have pcos, so some are ovulatory and sometimes they aren't. But obviously if all this continues much longer I will be going to do the Dr. I need to find someone new here anyway.

#29 of 147 Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Came across a beautiful post I thought you ladies would appreciate:

http://blog.cjanerun.com/2010/06/rad-all-about-babies.html (be sure to click the hyperlinked sentences in the post...they lead to two other fantastic posts!)

And a lovely reminder:

http://dharmacomics.com/2011/11/02/things-take-time/

#30 of 147 Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I have a large cyst so no meds this month. :(  Lady also seems think that I might have released an egg last month, but of course DH was out of town around that time.  All I really need is just a little luck, but there's none around.  Now I have to get myself happy by tonight to go out to eat with friends from DH's work.  Yeah.

lilmom - AF yet?  Have you called the doctor you saw before you moved?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page