Nursing Mamas TTC -- November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kelantin, I would like to know the answer to that, too. I wonder if progesterone is an option starting while TTC. Also, KrunchyK recently shared this link which i've been exploring the past few days and it might have some info there. http://natural-fertility-info.com/

Hope AvasMama and Carlin are doing okay. How unfair to get a bfp and then be faced with such worry. hug2.gif

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#62 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 AM

Congrats on your bfp, ThreeLittleBirds!

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#63 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Congratulations to threelittlebirds!!! Sending sticky vibes your way.

I'll be thinking of you Ava'smama and Carlin.

I'm going to take a break from the thread for a few weeks. AF came yesterday (9 DPO), and pretty bummed. Now, it's the 24 day wait to O... I need to not think about it for a while. greensad.gif

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#64 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Hi everyone, I wrote a response to you all earlier, but it disappeared AGAIN!  Anyways, I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative, so I guess I did have an early miscarriage.  I am at peace and thankful (Like Carlin) that it happened quickly, unlike my last miscarriage which didn't happen until 12 weeks.  So, now I can just try again this month.  I think I may start to temp again, but I may just use that to tell if I am pregnant or not instead of wasting money on pregnancy tests that can cause so much emotional havoc.  On another note, should I be concerned that I had a miscarriage in June and another now?  I try so hard to take care of my body, had I known it would be this hard the second time around I would have started trying right away after DD!  I think I am also going to take a step back from acupuncture, I think that going there every two weeks may be making me over think the whole TTC process.  Much love to you all and thanks for the support!  I can officially be moved to Waiting to O

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#65 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 02:22 PM

moonstone - where did you get that advice about baby tylenol helping with the suppleness of the uterus? How does that work? Thanks!

AFM - my temps keep getting lower and lower. Is that normal for BFing moms? It seems weird to me. I'm really hoping for some fertility signs soon. I'm on CD 10. When I conceived DS I Oed on CD 12, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen this time around. It certainly doesn't help that DS nursed all.night.long last night. irked.gif

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#66 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Starlight -- I've forgotten now, it's been over 2 years, but when I was TTC DD, I was a member of fertility friend and many women used baby aspirin on that site.  Though not necessarily a credible site, here's a post describing it -- they cite studies, but they don't provide links or references to the studies.  Anyway, it will give you a sense of the supposed benefits of using baby aspirin: http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/what-is-baby-aspirin-and-how-is-it-related-to-fertility.html

My DD has been nursing more than usual at night too.  At least every hour.  I think she has another molar coming in, so that could be the reason, but it is not easy, is it!?

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#67 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Ava's Mama, glad you are okay, and feeling at peace.

For anyone who knows, just wondering how I share my chart? Thanks!

CD 8 here...... anyone else?

Got some OPKs from the dollar store which I'll be starting around the 11th. Never used them before, so should be interesting, along with charting.

#68 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM

I got some of those at the dollar store too... and some preggo tests.

Hugs to all the disapionted Mamas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittens View Post

Ava's Mama, glad you are okay, and feeling at peace.

For anyone who knows, just wondering how I share my chart? Thanks!

CD 8 here...... anyone else?

Got some OPKs from the dollar store which I'll be starting around the 11th. Never used them before, so should be interesting, along with charting.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#69 of 223 Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Hi Mammas!

I'm on CD 16 here...my DH said my cervix was open last night while we were DTD...??? I don't check CP, but sometimes he reports how it feels to him. It's interesting that he said that because I haven't been Oing until CD 28-30. I'm just thinking "out loud" I guess. I suppose I'll start using OPKs a little earlier this month in case I do O earlier, or maybe I already Oed. Who knows!

kelantan I'm so sorry AF showed up!

Geigerin I was feeling similar to you last month. I hope taking a step away for a little bit will help you!

As I get to know all you mammas on here I feel like I feel your emotions with you! Hugs and dust.gif

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#70 of 223 Old 11-06-2011, 07:11 AM

I am also curious about the possibility of strengthening the uterus while bf'ing, if that might be needed for me...  I wonder if there is some way to tell if this is my issue shown by how af starts?  or continues?   would think that the bleeding would give some sort of clue but I really don't know.

TFM, it is interesting to me that your DH commented on what it feels like for him - I wonder about this sometimes too but my DH gets squeemish when I get too technical about my cycle.  Even if I say we need to dtd NOW he gives me a look...  lol.  

Anyway -  I feel like we dtd a day later than we should have, but I will have to wait and see.  So add me to the 2ww please.  :)

May November be the lucky month for all of us!!  dust.gif

oh, and editing to add that ds is 22 months :)

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
#71 of 223 Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 AM

Hi Mamas!

I'm mostly a lurker, but thought I'd post an update.

DD is now almost 14 months, and I'm still waiting for that first PP egg. Every now and then, I think I feel like my cycle is going to return, and then, nothing. So I wait. And wait. And wait.

Congratulations to all of the BFPs!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

#72 of 223 Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Well, took another test and the line is still pretty faint. 

A friend of mine who found out she was pregnant while nursing gave me teh rest of her progesterone cream to use. She said she had pretty faint tests for awhile, and then her tests came back that her progesterone levels were low. They say its common with nursing moms?

So I started using the cream today. Hope that helps some. 

Still havent told my husband. I know the miscarriage a few months back worried him, so I dont want to tell him until I get a test that he wont have to squint at. 

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#73 of 223 Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Fingers crossed for you 3 little birds! Snuggle in there tight little chicky and grow big and strong!

AFM, It was a bit of a rough weekend. DD has a cold, DH spent Saturday evening in Emergency waiting to get a hockey injury stitched up, then left for work Sunday morning at 7AM, and I've been exceptionally unmotivated so my house looks like a bomb hit it. Motivated or not, I'm going to reclaim it from it's current disaster zone status today. Living in filth does nothing to help my mental state.

I'm quite anxious about TTC this month. I'm worried ovulation will be delayed because of last cycle's miscarriage, and DH won't be home at the right time, I'm worried we'll get our timing right and not get pregnant again, I'm worried we will get pregnant and lose this baby too. I know it's stupid to fret about this stuff as there's nothing I can do to control any of it so I'm trying to regain some equilibrium by focusing on taking care of myself, eating well, and taking advantage of having at least one more month to lose some more weight before putting it back on again.

Sorry this was AAM! I promise to try to get back and do some personals soon!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#74 of 223 Old 11-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Hi Ladies! Congrats to the newly pg mama's!! :)

I am on cycle day 11 and waiting to ovulate.

I had a question for you ladies..I have been having pink blood (sometimes a tiny bit of red with the pink) after sex when I go potty. It started last month when I had my weird cycle. It did seem to happen more often towards the first half of my cycle but not always. It never lasts long just in the hour or two after. Could it just be a hormonal thing or my cervix being in a lower position cause it??

Does it happen to any of you? And what I am worried about...It won't or doesn't mean I won't conceive, does it ??

I guess we could try to be extra gentle during DTD which might help also. Thanks for any advice or wisdom ladies. 

Batia-mama to a quiverfull and lifetime companion to my bestfriend!
When life knocks you on your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray!
#75 of 223 Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:

One of my friends mentioned that the problem with nursing actually isn't the ovulating (which according to my temps and OPKs i am doing) but rather the problem is that nursing makes the lining of the uterus to thin to support a baby (thus i could be conceiving each month, but not implanting). Do any of you know anything about this? Is there any herbal remedies for thickening the lining? What about prescription meds for thickening the lining of the uterus? Well.... darn November. greensad.gif

Red Raspberry Leaf is good for the uterine lining but I've read conflicting information on it's effects when taken all cycle long so I recommend taking it from CD1-ovulation. I know of many mamas who don't ovulate while BF'ing or who have LP defects but I've never heard of thin uterine lining being an issue. Interesting theory. 

How long is your luteal phase? If it's not long enough, your body won't have time to register that you're pregnant before shedding the lining. Your LP should be at least 11 days in order to sustain a pregnancy (some say 10 days is enough but most Drs agree that anything less than 11 days is a LP defect). Natural progesterone cream is a fantastic way to lengthen your LP. You take it only after you've ovulated and take it either till you get a BFP or till AF should show (14 days or so). I like ProgesterALL and Emerita. Both are bioidentical. 

AFM: I'm in the 2WW (I'd bold it but my PC is being ridiculous and won't let me select any icons)! 3 DPO and counting the days till I can test. I'm heading to Target tonight to buy some FRERs (there's a Target coupon and a FR coupon so they're a great deal). I'm going to use ICs starting at 8 DPO and will save the FRER for 11 DPO or if I get a 2nd line on an IC.  

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#76 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 AM

Well, it looks like it's going to be a delayed ovulation for me. I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, as it's only my first PP cycle. *sigh* I was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with all the ups and downs, but my DS is teething and nursing like there's a milk shortage. I imagine it's not helping things. Do you ladies think I should stop the Vitex and see if it helps? I understand some ladies have said Vitex keeps them from ovulating. I started taking it b/c I heard it helps jump start your period if your nursing, which it made me ovulate and start my cycle, so I'm not sure if stopping it makes sense or not. Let me know what you think. *On CD 13 and no O in sight.*

Have a nice day, ladies!

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

#77 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM

I forgot to add, and it won't let me edit my last post, since it doesn't look like I'm gonna O on time, should I go ahead and turn on the light for lunaception?? Thanks!

#78 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone - I am doing pretty well.  I started temping again.  Not sure how accurate the temps are because the woodstove has kept the house pretty hot at night etc.  I think I am going to TRY to retire from POAS the next few cycles and just trust my body.  The emotional roller coaster of having a positive test and then not was just too much, I feel like I would rather just wait until I really FEEL my body is pregnant, does that make sense?

How is everyone else?

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#79 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM

if any of you know who I am, you probably know I know better but we all get in this spot...

anyway, breastfeeding nearly 14 month old, periods started coming back a couple months ago, first cycle was 33 days, now currently on 35 and ugh I KNOW they won't be regular yet but cmon... 

I might have period symptoms, I might have pregnancy symptoms, we all know how that goes.

So anyway, I have been irregularly checking my cervix... so my question is (because I'm not used to cervical changes while breastfeeding) it will only be the low and hard post-ovulation cervix when you are actually post-ovulation right? Because I remember sometime last month checking and had SHOW and now for the past almost week it's been low and hard so I'm thinking at the very least I can go from the first day of me noticing that and IF I don't get my period 14 days later, I'm safe to "waste money" on a pregnancy test, right? (they aren't cheap around here and none of the dollar trees sell cheapies)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#80 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 AM

starrlight97, my 21 mo DD is also teething and nursing a ton right now, day and night and i keep wondering how that affects ovulation even after having 4 pretty regular PPAFs.

avasmama, i think it makes perfect sense - i totally get it.

maerynpearl, i would like to know the answer to your question, too!

i'm on cd 11 today and just did my first ever opk ($ store, so i hope it's accurate) and it was negative. i was wondering if anyone might like to have a look at my chart and let me know what you think of what's going on there. it is only my first chart so i know it can't really say much, especially about ovulation, but still just wondering generally how it looks to a veteran charter. tia!!

hope everyone is doing well!!

#81 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Mittens, those are pretty drastic temps!  I wonder if it has anything to do with nursing at night or varied wake times?  I think give it a few more days to see if you get a better pattern of temps and can get a sense of your coverline.  Anyway, I still would guess that you haven't O'd yet based upon your temps.  What CD do you usually O?  They say that the best time to use OPK's is around 2 or 3 in the afternoon because you're more likely to catch your surge at this time.  Also, I would think the dollar store OPKs would be accurate.  I use the internet test strips which are probably very similar and they always pick up my surge.  If you think you're going to keep using them next cycle, you might want to look into buying the strips on the internet b/c I think they're even cheaper than the dollar store brand, particularly when you buy them in bulk.  

How are the ladies using the CBEM doing?  Any action?!  :) 

Maeryn -- I've never had luck checking my CP to determine fertility/pregnancy. I find that my cervix is in different positions at varying points in the day no matter where I'm at in my cycle.  But, I guess the one consistent pattern I've noticed is that right before AF, my cervix will get low and hard and when I am pregnant, my cervix is always almost too high to touch. I'll be interested to see if others have noticed different or similar patterns! CM has always been a much better indicator for me of my fertility.  

Ava's mama -- yes, I agree that it's a good idea.  Did you talk with your midwife about the miscarriage? Did she think it to be a problem that you've had two in a row?  

AFM -- I tested this morning at 8-9 dpo, and thought I saw the faintest of faint lines, but it could also be an evap, so I'm definitely not getting excited yet.  I think I'll stop by target and get some FRER's to test at 10dpo.  Thanks for the coupon tip for FRER's, Stellamia! I printed them both out this morning.  

Let me know if you see anything that needs updated! 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#82 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Yeah, I had EWCM when I had SHOW... was just hopeful that my usual cervical changes were likely to stay the same even if I'm breastfeeding. When I was pregnant with my youngest my cervix didn't change from post-ovulatory position until sometime after 18dpo (the last day I checked, at someone else's request to see if it changed in pregnancy)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#83 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 01:49 PM

starrlight: I don't think I've noticed lower temps while BF - although my temp does normally get lower before it gets higher after O - it's always been like that though.

Welcome, northwoods :) I got my first PP AF at 13 months rather unexpectedly. Hopefully your cycles jump back into shape soon!

ThreeLittleBirds: I hope the prog. cream is useful! I think nursing can affect progesterone only if it is causing high prolactin levels (which suppresses progesterone). I don't know the details though. Are you going to go for a beta?

Carlin: I'm sorry you're feeling anxiety after the m/c. It's hard to bounce back and feel relaxed. Other than trust that your body did the right thing and will do it's best next time, I don't really have any advice. hug.gif

Ava's Mama: I totally know what you mean. I honestly don't know why I bother to POAS...I have instinctively known every time I was pregnant. But, I'm sure I'll do it again. Good luck with your temping again!

Mittens: I agree that it's hard to say much about your chart at this point because there isn't much there. Temps sometimes tend to be more erratic before O. When I first started with opks it took me a while to figure out when I surged. I ended up testing twice a day to narrow down the right time.

moonstones! That sounds very promising! Keep us updated!

Afm: I'm 10 or 11 DPO today. Because we didn't try last cycle this is the easiest 2WW I've ever endured ;) I'm hoping AF shows up on Friday at the earliest. Depending on if I have an early or late O next cycle, we will probably be doing our next insemination the last week of November. I think I'm going to fill the progesterone suppository r/x I got from the RE if our timing is good....can't hurt I figure. This will be try #5 for us....I hope this is the one.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#84 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Okay, I am going to sleep with a light on in the closet to start my lunaception, so hopefully it will trigger some EWCF and get this cycle moving!! Ugh. I hate waiting! Sheepish.gif

#85 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck Starlight, report back to let us know if it worked!

#86 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Starlight, I wanted to add that my first postpartum ovulation date was really delayed too.  I don't think I O'd until CD33, it's since moved up to CD 22-23, but before I had DD, my O date was between 13-20 days, so it is still delayed.  I hope that your O date settles back in better than mine has! 

#87 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 PM

starrlight - Two things... 1) You're only supposed to turn the light on after you've had 2-3 days of slippery/wet fluid. Therefore, you should be sleeping in darkness still! I didn't O until Day 20, then 19 then 18 this last cycle, so don't worry and rush it! Plus, if you sleep with the light on and you're not ready to O, it won't do anything. Have a bit of patience (difficult, I know) and just wait until you see some wet CF! :)  2) In Garden of Fertility, Katie Singer does mention that bf-ing moms do have lower temps. It has something to do with the progesterone production being inhibited by prolactin. Don't worry - you can still have normal cycles (with just a bit lower temps)! Good luck!

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#88 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 PM

May I join you guys too?  I'm Mary and we've been sort of TTC #3 since my cycles returned in June.  On and off each cycle and not being as careful as we should be. ;)  We'll start seriously TTC in January because we are going on vacation then.  My 19 month old nursing champ was conceived via a natural cycle but my son took 3 years and IVF so I'm not sure how this will go.  I'm hoping for a natural conception though! :)  I'm about 8 or 9 dpo and I think I will test if I miss my period. 

Good luck to everyone!

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

#89 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi and welcome, Mary! Looks like we're neighbors - I live in Southern California too.  I hope this next one is a natural conception too, wouldn't it be great if s/he arrived this cycle!  I've added you to our rollcall, but if you want me to add more info, like the # of PPAF's along with your LO's ages, let me know.  I'm also the same DPO as you!  I actually broke down and tested this morning, and will probably test again tomorrow, too :) 

#90 of 223 Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Kelly!  I wish you the best of luck this cycle too and I hope we both get a nice BFP in the next few days. :)  As far as starting early, I had a cycle over the Summer where I started testing at 7dpo, so I totally get it! LOL  This cycle I am just not feeling it too much, but it's not over until it's over!  As far as my stats, I've had 4 AFs since my periods returned (that's PPAF, right?) and my LOs are 3 1/2 and 19 months (I'm only nursing my 19 month old).  Here is my FF chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/c24cf  It's not much because I only chart BDs and CM though.

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page