Cellist

Ish'smom

jennyvangy

JMJ

littlestinkers BFPChart2.gif

mamathomas

November Thread Hostess: moonstones

Please put all changes in bold!

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#2 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for the well wishes!  I made an appointment this afternoon with my acupunturist to help my bean stick!  And I emailed the home birth midwife to see when I should make an appointment.  We won't be sharing the news with anyone in real life (except for my three best girlfriends who are my rocks!) until we hear or see a heartbeat.  Frossing my fingers for everyone here for November!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#3 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Ava's Mama -  Congratulations!!!jumpers.gif

Moonstones - Can you please move me to "Waiting to O?"       1 month TTC, 1 PPAF, DS 15 m/o    Thanks!

toddler.gif Stephanie - Wife to trekkie.gif and Mom to Baby Bubo ecbaby2.gif

Oh, yeah, we femalesling.GIF , cd.gif familybed1.gif, have two cat.gif, and we're loving life!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29fa01
#4 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 02:14 PM

I'm already on CD 12. This waiting to O has been going by quickly, thank goodness! I just ordered more OPKs (Wondfos) and a friend recently gave be a brand new CBEFM she doesn't need now that she is pregnant. She wouldn't accept any $$$ for it! I am looking forward to trying it next cycle if this isn't the lucky one for us.winky.gif

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#5 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM

Ava joy.gifYay! So excited for you! I hope you have an uneventful and healthy 9 months!

texasfarmom I just got one too (I had to pay for mine though :( ) so I'm excited about using it. I hope it makes your stay here shorter!

Carlin - We had the same O date and your chart looks much better than mine did. Are you thinking about testing?!

AFM - AF started this afternoon, which is fine. I still seem to be cramp free again! I'm going to try clomid this cycle. I am not excited about having to use medical intervention, but I'm so tired of feeling like its a waste of time "trying" since I don't ovulate until closer to CD 50. I know that can't possibly be healthy. Here's hoping for a closer to normal O. So I'm Waiting to O, DS 12 m/o, TTC 7 months.

Thanks for taking over moonstones!

Wife to Eric blowkiss.gifand mama to a busy 1 year old (Oct 10') named Wes who stillheart.gif "nursing milks". TTC #2

angel1.gif 07/11

gd.gifcd.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gif

#6 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Ibreed, sorry af showed up. hug2.gif Good luck with the clomid next cycle! Hopefully it'll move your O date way, way up. I know it sucks taking that next step, but at the same time, there's a certain amount of relief that comes from knowing you are taking steps to make things work for you, rather than just feeling helpless.

I think I'll probably POAS in the morning if AF stays away and my temperature is high. My plan was to wait until Thursday when AF is officially late, but I always get a temp drop the day before AF shows up so I think I'll be safe.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#7 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Ooooh, may i join? I'm only on CD 4, and i only just started a chart on FF, still learning the ropes of charting, and i only have one temp so far and i don't think i'm adding it because i took it after getting out of bed. If anyone has any nifty ideas on how to remember to take temp first thing, i'm all ears. I just can't seem to get in the habit of it. My brain is mush generally, but first thing in the morning it is ridiculous!

BFP wishes to all TTC this month!!

ps. a little background info on the newbie here:

I just turned 40, married with one child - DD 21 months (amazing home birth) - still breastfeeding on demand day and night - cosleeping, on 4th PP AF, 3 of which have been my usual 28 day cycle. 2nd cycle TTC this month. If there is any other info i should add, please let me know! Are we supposed to put links to our charts in our profiles?

Thanks!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#8 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Ava's Mama! I almost missed your BFP! SO happy for you!!! joy.gif

Afm: We got home last night after being away for 2 weeks so I've probably missed a lot here and won't attempt personals. I didn't temp or use opks/monitor this past cycle because we weren't trying but I did record cm and other signs. I'd guess I O'd around cd21 give or take a day. I was hoping for an earlier O again but oh well. We hope to try again next cycle...I'll probably O around the end of November. I'd love to have a summer baby! Oh, and I've decided to go through with the hsg in a few weeks just to cover all my bases and give me piece of mind that I've done all testing.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#9 of 223 Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Carlin -- I cannot wait to hear about your test tomorrow.  Your chart looks so pretty, and I would be very surprised if you get a BFN. I have a feeling we'll be unleashing a lot of these guys for you tomorrow: joy.gif!

Mittens -- I've added you to the group roster! 

Ibreed -- so sorry to hear AF showed up :( I did a cycle of clomid when I was TTC DD.  Long cycles can get so frustrating, so hopefully the clomid will at least help move your O!  I got pregnant the cycle after my clomid cycle, so maybe it just added the extra boost!  

Texasfarmom -- I love my CBEFM! I used it to conceive my DD, and I'm using it now.  It's a great alternative to temping, I think. 

AFM -- I just took DH to the airport, he's off to London for work for a week.  And thankfully, I O'd before he left.  I think I'm about 2dpo now.  Now just on to the waiting! 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#10 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Looking forward to some testing results!! BTW - what is CBEFM?

Mittens - I would look into Lunaception. It moved my O day up 1 day (as it was supposed to) and we also conceived this month. It's easy and something to think about! I personally leave my thermometer on my night stand and I also am the one to wake up DH for work every morning. So, when the alarm goes off, I pop the thermometer in my mouth, put it back down on the nightstand and read it when DS and I get up for the day a couple of hours later! Then it's at the same time every day. OR - if DS gives me at least a 6 hour stretch, I'll take it then since I'm awake and nursing. I've noticed that my temps are typically the same between 4-6am unless I don't fall back asleep.

AFM - Only 3 more days and I'll be at 18dpo with temps above my coverline. For some reason, this date gives me a bit more peace of mind that everything's going according to plan! Not that it matters too much, but will you please update my info to 3PPAF, TTC 2 months, and DS is 10 m/o? Thanks!

Big cleaning day today - motivated for some reason! We'll see how long it lasts. biggrinbounce.gif

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#11 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Well, the good new first... I POAS this morning and BFP! Except that it's actually not all that Big or Fat. I'm pretty nervous about how light the line is at 15 dpo and that my temperature dropped quite a bit this morning. Please send all the sticky bean vibes you can spare my way! I think I'll hang out here for a few more days before moving to graduates if no one minds.

Sending fertile vibes to everyone! I'll come back and do personals later!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#12 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Carlin!!  Congrats!  My BFP was light on 14 DPO and then I got a blazing "pregnant" on the digital the next day.  I am hanging out for a while too, I really want to feel some symptoms soon.  I mae my midwife appointment and it isn't until December 20, so I may go insane until then...

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#13 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Carlin - Congrats! joy.gif Sending as many sticky bean vibes your way as possible! Where does one graduate to anyway?

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#14 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Congratulations, Carlin! (I'll whisper for you, okay? wink1.gif

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#15 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 PM

Hi, can I join in?

DH and I are 'sort-of' trying for our third... his second. I feel a little worried, because I got pregnant so easily with both #1 and #2 (without trying, actually). We've been sort of trying on and off for almost a year, and nothing. Not even a hint on my chart.

I am still breastfeeding our 2.5 year old about 2-5 times a day. But I got my period back about 6 weeks after she was born. Ugh. Anyway, I got checked out a few months ago - not for fertility issues, but just general sexual health (my yearly exam) and everything was fine. I've had the same health care provider for about three and a half years and I really like and trust her.

So... is there a place where I can find all the lingo decoded for me? Basically all I know is DPO! Also, how do I share my chart?

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#16 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 PM

what does this mean: CBEFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstones View Post

Carlin -- I cannot wait to hear about your test tomorrow.  Your chart looks so pretty, and I would be very surprised if you get a BFN. I have a feeling we'll be unleashing a lot of these guys for you tomorrow: joy.gif!

Mittens -- I've added you to the group roster! 

Ibreed -- so sorry to hear AF showed up :( I did a cycle of clomid when I was TTC DD.  Long cycles can get so frustrating, so hopefully the clomid will at least help move your O!  I got pregnant the cycle after my clomid cycle, so maybe it just added the extra boost!  

Texasfarmom -- I love my CBEFM! I used it to conceive my DD, and I'm using it now.  It's a great alternative to temping, I think. 

AFM -- I just took DH to the airport, he's off to London for work for a week.  And thankfully, I O'd before he left.  I think I'm about 2dpo now.  Now just on to the waiting! 

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#17 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 PM

Welcome BabyMae! I hope your stay here is short! CBEFM is Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. I think there's a list of acronyms somewhere, does anyone know where?

Thanks for the congrats  and sticky bean vibes Wendy and Geigerin. I'm trying to just keep an even keel on this one and not worry too much about something I can't control but between the super light line, the temp drop and the fact that all the symptoms I had yesterday seem to have disappeared, I'm having trouble being optimistic. I think I'm going to try to wait until Friday to test again and just hope the line gets darker and my temperatures don't keep dropping.

#18 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Hi there! Can I join?

I have a 17mo DD who is nursing some 2-4 times a day, I think, and mostly not at night anymore. I got a BFP the first cycle trying, but had an early loss, so now we're 3 months in to TTC and so far 2 PPAF.

I'm still not 100% sure we're going to go for it this month or if we're going to wait. I'm still doing OPK's, but have been pretty lax about temping. I'm waiting to O (on cycle day 21, but it was CD 31 last time).

Thanks!

Edited to add my chart: here

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#19 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Thanks Moonstones!

Big congrats on your BFP, Carlin!!!

Wendy, I was just doing a little reading on Lunaception, which i had never heard of before, and it sounds really interesting! Thank you for mentioning it.

Everyone: Wondered if people could share what makes the clear blue easy fertility monitor so much better than other monitors? I have never used them, are they the same as OPKs? I have never used any of them and am really excited to start, along with charting. I just hope i don't end up finding out that i'm not fertile at all! I did just turn 40........

On which CD before ovulation does one start using the fertility monitors?

Thanks!!

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

#20 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM

crystal_buffaloe and babymae Welcome to our thread!

Wendy I don't check CP because of the ick factor. I'm sure that is weird, but...I"m just not interested in...that! ROTFLMAO.gifI guess one graduates to a DDC (due date club) and is moved to "Success Stories" on the first post of this thread.

Ibreed We'll have to share how using the CBEFM goes with each other! winky.gif

Carlin Yay for you!! Keep us updated on how things progress. I hope this is it!!

moonstones Glad you Oed before DH left! FX for you while in the TWW!

Carmen What is the hsg?

CD 13 here...

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 
#21 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Ibreed: Sorry about AF but i hope the Clomid works! Let us know how it goes! I've been thinking of going to my doctor and asking about it... my 42 day cycles are making me crazy (not to mention not O'ing sometimes)!

Carlin: CONGRATULATIONS!! I am sending lots of sticky vibes your way!!!

AFM: I'm at 10dpo. I hate the 2WW! Can you update my info: 5 PPAF, 6 mos TTC, D/S 15 mos. My temp dropped today, but when i tested later it went back up (i've been kinda crazy testing) Hopefully it was an implantation dip BUT i'm not too hopeful. Just trying to keep my head up! Oh and thank you to everyone for your sweet comments about my costumes! We had a lot of fun!

dust.gif

#22 of 223 Old 11-02-2011, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

I've been away from my computer all day and I feel like I've missed so much!

First of all, Carlin, congratulations!!  I wouldn't put too much stock in that temp drop this morning, your temp is still well above your coverline. Here's a link to my BFP chart and pictures of my daily tests -- you'll see that my temp dipped a couple times too. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f4886/

Crystal and babymae, welcome!  I'll add you to our roster in just a minute.  Babymae -- do you mind sharing what CD you are and whether you are waiting to O or in the 2ww?  

Mittens -- The CBEFM requires that you start on or before CD5.  You basically turn it on every morning, and depending upon what cycle day it is, it will ask you to POAS and insert it into the monitor. For the first cycle, it will ask you to POAS and insert it into the monitor from about CD8 or so until you O.  Then, as it gets used to your cycle, it will ask for you to insert fewer sticks.  This cycle, because it's just getting used to my cycles again, I think I POAS for about 15 days straight.  It will give you a low, high, or peak reading.  The peak reading has always aligned with my positive OPK's, but I just find it more reassuring to have the monitor as back-up.  The monitors aren't cheap, and neither are the sticks, but you can usually find them on ebay for a discounted price.  If you've been trying for a while, it will help you narrow down your fertile window.  I got my BFP on my 2nd or 3rd cycle using it, and my good friends got their BFP's on their first cycles using it, one had been trying for over a year. 

#23 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 AM

Well I've admitted defeat, I can be moved to waiting to O now. 1 PPAF DS23 months 2 months TTC. Ah well, on the plus side I had been lax on the stomach and back exercises. After 2 back to back pregnancys I know what it's like when you have no stomach muscles so I really want to have a comfortable pregnancy this time round. If it is going to be my last I must be completely comfortable all the way to the end. Beached whale and sore back were not fun.

No idea when I'll O this cycle. The last one was my first of the pill so it was very delayed and wonky. As for now, well we'll just have to see. Naturally I have checked when this cycle would give me a due date if I O'd on cd14. Ha, yeah that's really likely. Might look into lunaception, any other pointers for getting my cycles on track more and getting the O date may be a litle earlier than CD49!

Ibreed let see if we can be O buddies.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#24 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 05:33 AM

moonstones thanks so much for the info on your experience with the CBEFM. I can't believe i forgot to temp again. I think i am CD5 right now, which means I won't get to use a CBEFM this month, but perhaps next month if i don't get pregnant. I'll have to get some temps on my chart asap and then really watch my CM closely, and perhaps use some OPKs. I've been reading a lot on FF and kellymom, and Jaimee gave me some really helpful info on charting etc, so hopefully i'm on my way to understanding my cycles better.

Question for all who might be able to help, my DD nurses to sleep, then sometimes once in the middle of the night, but lately she has been comfort nursing from about 6am until we get up around 8. Is this considered a lot of nursing for someone ttc? When her night nursing changes, becomes more at times, usually because of teething, does this affect my fertility even if i have had my PPAF back for 4 months, mostly my usual 28 day cycle. My last "period" was very light for one day and then only spotting for the next 4, and this did coincide with the start of the extra long morning nursing, so i'm concerned. Normally she falls back to sleep after 10 minutes, but not lately.

#25 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM

Hi Everyone, I need a big hug.  I am having spotting and I am totally freaking out.  Pray that it just stays as spotting...

#26 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Ava's Mom: BIG HUG!!! hug2.gif With my ds1 i had severe "spotting" from about 5-7 weeks to the point that i had to wear a pad. My doctor recommended just taking "bed rest" and as soon as i slowed down, the spotting stopped and eight months later my baby arrived happy and healthy. I'm hoping for the best!

#27 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks Kelantan - Mine is light pink and pretty light.  I am going to go take a nap and listen to my body.  I have calmed down some, I just had a miscarraige in June, so I think I am extra sensitive about blood.

#28 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 AM

Thanks for all the Congrats, but it looks like this one wasn't meant to be. I think I've known since I woke up yesterday symptom free after really feeling pregnant Tuesday. Today my temperature is way down and I'm having a pretty normal first day of AF. So please move me to waiting to O.

Ava's Mama, sending sticky vibes your way!

#29 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Ava's mommy -- good for you for taking it easy.  Fingers crossed that it's just a little spotting and nothing more.  I too had spotting at the beginning of my pregnancy with DD.  It was light and pink like you describe.  But I know the stress of it all is just horrible!  Hugs!!

Oh Carlin, I'm so sorry that you're bleeding today and that you had a big temp drop.  It sounds like you're staying in good spirits though.  But big hugs to you too!  

Mittens -- my DD nurses just as frequently at night and my cycles are really wacky.  I'm not ready to night wean her though, so I'm just rolling with it.  Maybe others will have better answers for you!  

I think I caught all the updates, but let me know if you spot something that needs correcting!

#30 of 223 Old 11-03-2011, 11:32 AM

The flow is more like light to medium period now.  I called the midwives I used for my DD's birth and they said there is nothing they can do it is either 1. my period and it is just late (and they were false positives), 2. implantation bleeding or 3 a miscarriage.  So, basically I don't feel any better!  They said if the bleeding stops, then take a pregnancy test in two weeks and that should be accurate.  I guess I will see what tomorrow brings.  I am not super crampy or anything like my normal period (or a miscarriage), but my back hurts, but that could be something totally different.  I really don't like the unknown!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page