1st Cycle on Clomid - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 240 Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't update much because I'm at my in laws & only have my phone. 8dpiui today, just progesterone symptoms... Some back pain today like pre-af... Not sure about rating, probable wednesday the 28, my beta is 29th but I'm off wednesday. I'm hoping for a surprise christmas bfp for you indie! As for the new lurkers, tel usa some more about yourselves smile.gif

What is every ones christmas plans ? that could keep us distracted for a minute or 2... Im at my in laws til saturday afternoon, 3 hour drive home, dads family christmas party, midnight mass, open presents, sleep in, then to my sisters for christmas lunch & up north to my best friends for christmas night. Busty few days! Hope youre all feeling jolly smile.gif

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#122 of 240 Old 12-24-2011, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

merry christmas eve!

12dpo and bfn as of 2:30 am. girls, i've been absolutely convinced that i am pregnant since 10dpo. had a random streak of blood and then nothing since, then pretty constant heavy sensation in uterus up through last night (haven't noticed it yet this am). but still... bfns. this is dumb! maybe the good thing is that my hopefulness will keep me going through tonight and then i will have some peace and quiet for a proper breakdown when this cycle ends? because otherwise this just seems cruel!

hope all of your respective festivities are going smashingly. cbaa... our hope rest on you once again. and once again, no pressure! :)

sherry... i missss you!

msdolphin... how is this first part of your cycle going?

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#123 of 240 Old 12-25-2011, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
GOOD MORNING AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
i have missed you!!!
Well af came as expected Friday and ferocious. I tried not to "think and drive" too
Much. Ive been reading updates on my phone but haven't had a sec to post. I am not sure what i'm doing this cycle. I am waiting for some answer to come.... perhaps we'll just give it a good old fashioned try. I'm here on my own. DH has 2 ladiez in labor and the cnm's are off today. My girls are with their dad and his fam 400 miles away. Sooooooo it sounds like a day of cleaning befote the rush of IL Tuesday.....trying not to clean and think. I had one of those dam nurst cries yesterday as Dh was on the phone with some far flung relative i've never met trying to help her understand some early bleeding with a 7 week pregnancy.....we deal with this stuff 24 hours a day....nut i think so.ehow there is that slight difference in his voice when dealing with a family member...and i just kund of froze and started leaking tears...of course as soon as he hung up and said "whats wrong"
I lost it. Soooo got the good cry done.
so soon i will have some grand nephews here...their mom is estranged so they live with grandma. Somehow they dnded up calling me mom when they where 2&3...it stuck. They've spent summers and weekends with is but i have'nt seen them in a month. I am hoping that maternal warm and fuzzy feeling kicks in and gives me what i need to make it happen. I would like to try that as an infertility theiry/experiment. So often you hear of a woman adopting or being around a sisters bzby znd getting pregnant. I think there is something too that. That warm flood of maternal instinct. I ha e two sister in laws who claimed that some of my births cured their infertility. The asante people in west africa have a doll for fertility that a woman is supposed to bzby wear and love and care for throughout the day. I need a puppy!!!!

@ cbaa you are TOO patient. Aaaaaaiiiiiyyy- give me your urine!

@indie i missed you too!!! I hope that right now you are under the christmas tree with Dh celebrating your bfp!!!

@ dolphin well how is it going. I sure hope you dont need us in 2012!!!!!

SO MERRY CHRISTMAS...AND KEEP UP THE POSTS.

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#124 of 240 Old 12-26-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

hello my friends

no bfp for me this cycle. AF should be here in full force tomorrow. yaaay. i am more numb than devastated. not sure what else to say about that. christmas was really great and tomorrow i get to start being a mom to a new puppy. we will have two cats and two dogs. insanity! not sure how to approach this next cycle. i'm still sitting on a prescription for femara but in consulting dr. google i've come across some fertility sites that state that femara is great for woman who don't ovulate on clomid... but since i ovulate even without clomid it doesn't seem to have a high success rate for people like me... also, i'm kind of hesitant to take any more meds without being monitored by an RE. feels like i'm throwing chemicals down the hatch without having a thorough diagnosis. so i'm leaning towards taking a break from meds while i get some diagnostic appointments scheduled. i really thought this last cycle was going to be the one.

cbaa... hoping to hear good news from you soon!

sherry and msdolphin... hope you both are well!

i'm sure i'll be back to a chipper posting mood in a few days. for now... liquor! :)

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#125 of 240 Old 12-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Sorry Sherry & Indie! ((hugs))

Do you ladies know if I messed up this round? Day 4 I forgot to take my Clomid at the designated time, so I took it about 6 hours late. irked.gif The only reason I even realized I missed it, was I started spotting. I kept spotting for days after that. If all is okay, I should hit O later this week, I don't know if I should even bother getting my hopes up.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#126 of 240 Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Awww indie Im so sorry. I know you were feeling it too. :-( that sure makes it tough. I'm not sure what im doing this month either....so maybe nothing...and make an RE appt.

Ok cbaa Make it happen!!!!! I'm stressing for you until wednesday.

Msdolphin. Is the spotting normal for you? Its good to keep a constant level in your system but i wouldn't think the one time lapse would csuse any negative effect.

I am feeling it more each day somehow... and i wish i could puppy!!! Dh is opposed.

Hugs all around..and an extra squeeze indie...

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#127 of 240 Old 12-27-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm 2 days away from another failed cycle. I had hot flashes/night sweats/anxiety that kept me up a good part of the night... That is always my tell tale sign that AF is approaching... That and my complete lack of symptoms... I feel much like you indie, a mix of numb & disbelief... How can my body betray me so... I cried all the way to work, now I get to wait 2 more days for another ' sorry your beta was negative' phone call and to sit through AF and another cycle... I just don't understand... Im also switching to Femara...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#128 of 240 Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM

I'm day 11, done with the clomid doses.  Other than my really bad mood, everything else seems normal.  it is the waiting that makes me crazy! whistling.gif

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#129 of 240 Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi gtree. Is this your first cycle? I was grumpy too....that is an understatement!!! Haha. I felt most of my symptoms at and just after O. Its funny now....but at the time i was mildly psychotic. I hope you stay symptom fred and pop some good eggs. Are you just doing the clomid or Iui etc.?

@ msdolphin....hows it going....time to bd?!?!

@ indie- PUT. DOWN. THE. BOTTLE.....i'm guessing stupid af came...i'm so so so sorry. Come back :-(

@cbaa. Wrong. I just hope your feelings are wrong!! I know just what you mean. I knew by 11 dpo...just how i felt, but thats just md. You unfortunatly are just wrong. Testing wed??? Or holding ouf? How about your NYC NYE plans?

I am going to go to st. Patricks cathedral to see the holiday decor...i am lighting a candle znd praying to a patron saint for each of us!!! I hope that doesn't offend anyone....i would also be willing go dance naked around a totem poke in times square in a blizzard if it would work!!

Waiting for your updates!!!

dust.gif

#130 of 240 Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryvhkb View Post

Msdolphin. Is the spotting normal for you? Its good to keep a constant level in your system but i wouldn't think the one time lapse would csuse any negative effect.

Not normal for me. Here's hoping there was still enough in my system. *fingers crossed*

Quote:

@ msdolphin....hows it going....time to bd?!?!

It's about that time. energy.gif

I am happy that everyone is still posted up and we have more joining us. It's nice to have company and people to share with.

#131 of 240 Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Hello Everyone!!  blowkiss.gif

I'm new here, just joined today.  My hubby and I have been TTC for over a year now.  I was told that the reason I was not getting pregnant was because I'm not ovulating regularly.  I was prescribed 50mg of Clomid for three months CD 3-7 in which I did ovulate, but did not concieve.  I am now taking 100mg on CD 5-9.  I haven't noticed any side effects from either dosage.  I have an ultrasound on CD 13.  If there are follicles there, they will give me an HCG injection.  I'm kind of nervous about the injection.  Has anyone done this with success?  TIA! 

#132 of 240 Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

@sherry... oh PLEASE light a candle for me! that would mean the world to me. seriously. yes, stupid AF came. today actually. I spotted for 3 days prior and it appears clomid has lengthened my lp to 15 days total. crazy. so what's your plan for this month? do you have an appt with an RE yet?

@cbaa... i also hope you are wrong. but if you aren't... here's hoping femara does the trick. i will be pestering you with questions once again... i've decided not to do the femara this cycle but i'm sure i'll be taking it sooner or later.

@msdolphin... good luck with the upcoming bd marathon! will be sending fertile vibes your way :)

@gtree and stasi... welcome!! you will get lots of support here! keep us posted! stasi... i haven't done a trigger as of yet but i know cbaa has and she can probably give you some info...

AFM... i decided to take a break from meds this cycle. i feel good about that decision. i am going to see if my cycle behaves any differently and will be making appointments in the meantime. our insurance coverage switches on the 1st so i'm waiting for that to happen. really don't know if it's better or worse or the same. is it completely crazy for me to think i had a failed implantation this cycle? i mean, seriously. the random streak of blood at 10dpo and then "crampy" (not the best word, but i haven't figured out a better one) uterus for two days following then nothing... then my period... it's just that i really felt like something was happening but just wasn't successful. but then again, i would think AF would have been delayed if that were the case... i don't know. i guess the most reasonable explanation is that i'm letting my brain run amok. that must be it. i am feeling better now, though. despite all the disappointment, we have entered into my absolute favorite time of the year. i love january through june. i always have more energy around this time of year. so that's good.

hope all of you are well. look forward to updates! also, i love that we have ladies who are at different parts of their cycles! this will keep things interesting! :)

#133 of 240 Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Posting from my phone so can't say much but I had negative hpt yesterday & waiting on my call for negative beta... Still feeling relatively in good spirits, ready to move on, anxious when my breakdown will happen, it always does... Can't wait for the clomid to be out of my system...

More later, welcome newbies &i.have some trigger info later smile.gif

#134 of 240 Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

ugh i'm so sorry cbaa :( man, we need some good news on this thread! glad you are in good spirits. i never did have my breakdown this month. i definetly had two very numb/silent nights but no big cry. don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.. 

on to 2012...

#135 of 240 Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 PM

Instead of a breakdown, I'm having Oreos... I think they cure all llife's wrongs...

Negative beta, no surprise... we are 3 for 3... I'm not sure y'all want to join our group... we seem to have rotten luck...

About the trigger- I've done it 3 times, to myself... it was uneventful- the first and third times it felt like nothing, the middle time it pinched a little and left a teeny bruise, but after, I think I didn't do it down far enough... 2 inches below your belly button anywhere between your hips, I tend to lean toward doing it closer to the ovary with bigger follies, but clearly after 3 tries, I'm not sure that makes any difference.

indie- I'll be ready to answer your femara questions in a week! I expect to start Sunday night if AF arrives on time tomorrow. I'm not sure how to get the drugs as I will be in Maryland visiting my mom... I decided tonight I am going to drive from MA to MD after work tomorrow, I need some mommy love...

Can we pllllllease get some BFPs this time around!?

Oh and can I have permission to stay even though I'll be on my 1st cycle of Femara (after 3 cycles of clomid).

#136 of 240 Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

cbaa... oreos and mommy love sound like good medicine! look forward to hearing your experience with femara. and yes, OF COURSE you are still welcome here!!!

#137 of 240 Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 PM

hi ladies, im new, kind of just reading up on clomid, for after my next blood work they maybe starting me on clomid. i had a miscarriage in may, and since i have not had a period naturally, they started me on progestrone in september and suposibly i have not ovulated from it either. so i go in on the 13 to get more blood work and depending on those results the doctor said she would start me on clomid after... so im not sure what to expect... so i been looking around on the internet lol. 

Full time student and stay at  home mom for my 2 awesomely cool boys, Merrik Orian 4-12-08, Asher Drake 10-11-09. They are my world!

#138 of 240 Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry to be missing for so long. I have a dozen IL staying with us and additional people in and out. I'm slowly losing my sanity but it is also distracting. I started metformin today....i dont know that it will do anything but whats one more experiment. Ive thought about the femera also but i'm in the same quandry....i ovulate...clomid didn't make a miracle even just after an hsg which also increases your chances for three months...so...i just dont know anymore...maybes i need Oreos....
SO welcome all you newcomers and forgive us all our lack of clomid despite the thread name.

Cbaa i am so sorry. I dont know why but i really thought you'd hit it this time around. The one thing i am learning is that there is no rhyme or reason to this....

Well dd and i are sneaking out of the chaos to go to st. Patricks. Candles all around. Will ne praying for peace for the week to end and moving forward. I have prayed begged made deals for a pregnancy...and it just doesn't happen. This new year if its not meant to be then i just need a new path...and for the mourning like sense that someone is missing to leave my heart.

I hope everyone has a great new years eve...and i'll be back soon. Monday everyone leaves!!!!

dust.gif

#139 of 240 Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 PM

Happy New Year loves :-)

Good feelings about 2012.

#140 of 240 Old 01-01-2012, 12:38 PM

Happy New Year...i need my house back....and my sanity...on day 2 of metformin...and already cd 10. I guess chaos is a good distraction. Cbaa so whats the femera routine.
Indie....

Msdolphin....are you in the 2ww yet?

dust.gif

#141 of 240 Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Can we pllllllease get some BFPs this time around!?

Oh and can I have permission to stay even though I'll be on my 1st cycle of Femara (after 3 cycles of clomid).

Hoping we do!

Please stick around! I feel like we are all just getting to know each other. Your knowledge and experience is a plus too.

Quote:

Msdolphin....are you in the 2ww yet?

Yes, I guess I am. Funny enough, I don't fell well tonight, I am surprisingly patient about feeling like crap... cause my first thought was "maybe".

#142 of 240 Old 01-04-2012, 06:33 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm pretty bummed about my appointment yesterday.  I wasn't able to get the trigger shot bc my DR found an ovarian cyst that was bigger than normal due to the 100mg of Clomid and giving me the shot would have stimulated it more.  Now I have to go back on CD 3 to see if it is gone and if so I go back CD 13.  This is getting so frustrating bc I knew in my gut that I shouldn't be taking the 100mg of Clomid bc the 50mg made me ovulate, but I just did what I was told.  He did say that he was suprised to see a follicle on the other ovary bc normally a cyst that big would have prevented that, but he still doubts we'll get pregnant this time.  Thanks for listening.

#143 of 240 Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Good morning
STASI, sorry to hear that. It is not only very frustrating to "waste" a month but also to feel like your body and your doctors all have plans of their own that don't consider you.

Ms dolohin...hooray for the tww! Haha...when do you test?

I am cd13. After the clomid i am wondering when i will O. 13 or 14 would be normal- but then it was 17 for the past two months....post inlaw grouchiness...and clean up is squashing my bd desire. Ugh. It does feel good to feel clomid free this month. I feel a bit saner, but.....i miss that building up feeling that it gave...like any second my pelvis might explode with ripe ova!!!

Ah well....i hope your ok Indie and cbaa....here we go again.

dust.gif

#144 of 240 Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Ms dolphin...hooray for the tww! Haha...when do you test?

I actually just wait for AF. I think testing would get my hopes up more than the norm.

In the past I was able to tell I was PG before I AF was due. With my DS I even had a false negative test at the doctor's office.

#145 of 240 Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM

CD 18 - BMT every day for the past 5 days and DH is exhausted.  My blood test is next week on my birthday.  Talk about pressure.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, bout some good news would be great.  I'd be happy just to get an O and am trying to not even get my hopes up about a bfp.

@staci, I totally know how you feel about "wasting a month"  I think that is the must frustrating part about all of this - it is the anticipation of it all and then having to wait.  

I'm feeling good about 2012 for all of us.

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#146 of 240 Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 AM

Sooo then MsDolphin, when is AF due smile.gif inquiring minds at boring times in their cycles want to know.

Stasi- im so sorry, is it possible you can BD at home & still O naturally? I hate the feeling of lost chances...

Sherry - any sign of O for you today? I hope its on time!

Indie- where are you my friend, hope all is well.

AFM- CD 7, last night of femara tonight. So far just one day with a massive headache, no other side effects. i hope my eggs are getting ready & whatever else that needs to be more ready.

#147 of 240 Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Sooo then MsDolphin, when is AF due smile.gif inquiring minds at boring times in their cycles want to know.

The 13th. whistling.gif

#148 of 240 Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

hellllooooo...

sorry to be so out of touch. actually, i wasn't even aware that anyone was posting (i rely on email notifications... but those apparently haven't been working lately) but i see now that i was wrong! where do i start??

msdolphin: fingers crossed for you!

stasi: ugh. i am SO sorry. i'm also curious if you will still O naturally this cycle?

sherry: are the IL gone yet?? i actually haven't had to deal with too much IL time this holiday season but my poor dh was subjected to tons of time with my family. i tried to cushion it as much as i could for him :) i need to google that med you are on. i've seen it mentioned many times but i've never learned what it does. hoping all goes well this cycle!

gtree: any updates??

cbaa: glad to hear the side effects have been minimal so far with femara. curious if you see any difference with cm!

AFM: cd10 on my no-fertility drug cycle. i'm bummed because i almost had my appointment for the hsg today when i realized an important piece of information hadn't been given to me... namely the part about not having sex prior. was surprised that that is an issue when they make you do the hsg prior to O? i'm sure there is a logical reason but dammit... i have to wait another cycle. i'm going to be pretty anxious about this procedure. i'm really afraid that my tubes are the reason why nothing has happened since the mc. and i'm not sure how i would take that news. and now i have an entire cycle to drive myself crazy worrying about it.

our house is quite full and busy with all the animals! puppy is like having a child only skipping over the infancy stage and going straight to the terrible twos! she is non stop and into everything! our older dog is being gentle with her but you can tell she is thinking "this is bullsh*t. why did you bring this thing home?". i guess this is all good practice for parenthood... mainly the part about giving up the freedom to just get up and go whenever you want. she is adorable though and is so entertaining to watch!

that's all that's happening here. i'm trying to keep from board stalking as much as i can and just pop in here. i really need to find a way to both keep doing what i need to keep doing with this ttc business while at the same time focusing on other things. it's a tricky thing to accomplish but ima gonna try!

best wishes to us all in the new year!

#149 of 240 Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 PM

ok first off

@ Indie- I'm soooooooo glad to see you I  have actualy stopped what i was doing (cleaning haha) and decided to sit on the couch with my actual laptop and not just struggle through on my phone!!!!  I was afraid you'd really gotten too sad or something. SO: - what kind of puppy?  can you make him your profile pic? he could be our good luck nurture symbol for 2012!! HSG- hmmm.  Who is doing it?  In our small town lives the OB/GYN did them.  I like that much better.  the MD has an interest and a stake in the outcome.  Sometimes a little extra push with the dye can unblock a tube,  in our big city life only radiologists do them.  We always prefer cycle day 6-9, just to be safe.  The hospital here said after day 10- but that was way to close to O and my af is only three days so we did it day 8.  TAKE IBUPROFEN!!!! 600mg- . or three pills a half hour or so before!!! it is crampy.  It feels like a middle-ish labor contraction.Benadryl is also not a bad idea just in case you have an irritation- allergy-ish reaction and it also helps you to relax  BREATH!- haha- ok ill take off my nurse hat.  It not only can give you peace of mind but it increases your chances of conception for about three months.  I would be surprised if you had a blockage after a mc, unless you had an infection.  It is cool to watch...mine would have been better had i seen the dye come through both sides instead of just one.  I google imaged hsg results for a week or so before going in so i would know what to look for....ok really just because I'm obsessive compulsive...but anyway it was interesting.  Metformin is used in pcos- i probably don't have that...but sometimes a slight hormaonal imbalance (age) can also be eliminated.  It also helps with weight loss. I have had tons of follicles- 30+, my face breaks out like crazy with cycle changes, etc etc.  so I'm hoping it may do something.  Yes the IL's departed Monday...just too many for too long and too much of a cultural difference.  I swear my very american modern man husband turns into a different being...I always loved my first husbands family and our gatherings...i wish i could keep the current man and jump back to the old fam.  Here we go again my friend! clomid free!!!  Candles lit.

@cbaa- are you temping again?  You'll have to give us a femera vs clomid report- hopefully in your leisure time after your BFP. 

@msdolphin.- such strength! such resolve! don't listen to indie...she is the poas enabler. 

@ stasi- do it on your own!!  prove them wrong!!! i love those "i was off for the month" pregnancy stories!

@gtree- happy birthday and good luck.  NJ from the south huh?  are you near the city (NY)?  do you find people as rushed, rude and exhausting here as i do?

afm- cd 15- cm...questionable...crampy- no temp indication yet...mystery- bd wed.  I tried a stealth attack in the wee hours when insomnia hit me...but i was not sucessful- and tonight he better watch out! i mean business.  my ovuview (like ff) puts me at today...but again...post clomid cycle effects...??? not sure.  this is always the most hopeful time of month for me..then i get blue during the 2ww.  i know i need to call that RE.  I always want to wait until i fail...then i wish i'd called earlier.  I am especially hoping something gives as this is a glum time of year for me.  I have always disliked the winter drag from mid january through february.  Being here is especially blah- far from family friends and all the outdoor type of things i've always liked.  the house feels extra empty- and so do my arms- it could be so much warmer with a little one about. 

so we have increased our group and therefor our chances of success!! someone please hit it this time around!!! hooray for 2012!

dust.gif

#150 of 240 Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:

...HSG- hmmm...  Sometimes a little extra push with the dye can unblock a tube,  in our big city life only radiologists do them.  We always prefer cycle day 6-9, just to be safe.  The hospital here said after day 10- but that was way to close to O and my af is only three days so we did it day 8.  TAKE IBUPROFEN!!!! 600mg- . or three pills a half hour or so before!!! it is crampy.  It feels like a middle-ish labor contraction.Benadryl is also not a bad idea just in case you have an irritation- allergy-ish reaction and it also helps you to relax  BREATH!- haha- ok ill take off my nurse hat. 

Glad you posted this up. My OBGYN wants me to do this next. He kind of scared me off cause he said "alot of women who have the test end up with an infection after the test". Ah yeah, I'll pass on that. Well, it was a few months ago he mentioned the test and said it was optional before the Clomid, so I said no. However I guess I need to start re-considering if it's needed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page