Mothering Forum banner

1st Cycle on Clomid

9K views 239 replies 14 participants last post by  sherryvhkb 
#1 ·
hello, ladies. i'm new here and will be starting my first dose of clomid tomorrow evening (cd 3-7). i have been ttc for a year (we got pregnant naturally and VERY quickly in aug 2010 but sadly it was a blighted ovum - and since then... nothing). curious if anyone has any clomid success stories to share or if anyone else is in the same boat and would like to hang out with me. i'm feeling very positive today... i want to keep the positivity going!

#152 ·
I'm so glad to see updates from everyone! I hope that we get something good out of this month. Fingers Crossed!!!

AFM: CD10, just waiting for O day now, go for my first monitoring on Tuesday.

Sherry- any sign of O yet??

Indie- I get you on trying to stay away from MDC to keep your mind off TTC. Keep us updated! You must be headed into O time soon too.

GTree- are you going to test early?

MsDolphin- Not long to go now, I'm hoping Jan 14th brings you a BFP!

#153 ·
Oh Jeeze!

i did a nice long post this morning and it's not there. I didn't even include anything borderline scandelous so i know this time it wasn't sensored out. haha. let me try again:

@ gtree: don't you have blood work this week? yikes just typing that makes me tense...I HATE waiting for results. Cute pup! what a sweet face to come home and cuddle with. I am in serious dog withdrawl. You must be talking about the manhatten bustle. yes! what a rush. I guess the slow rudeness is more in brooklyn....with a few gems tossed in there just when you think your losing your mind. I still make eye contact and say good morning or hello to people- I refuse to give up on civility! ...and i will make small talk on the metro as available- but probably wouldn't start the conversation.

ms dolphin- it's a cool test. piece of mind and perhaps a little boost in the right direction if things are just a little clogged. I've not heard of or experienced anyone getting an infection other than those people who seem to get a yeast infection from everything. They clean the vaginal vault with betadine and use sterile instruments. They did say no tub bath for 48 hours- its more of a risk for you to introduce a pthogen into your slighly open cervex.

stasi- i hope your working on your do-it-yourself baby making.

cbaa- yes - it's nice to see the posts! How about you? feel anything different??? eggy? Is tuesday an US?

Indie- hellooooooo- i miss you but hope you are calmly distracted and in puppy heaven- respect your attempts to distance, but miss you too. I know your not far behind me..best of luck and may it be a fun sweet easy O for you and DH.

afm well I am cd 17- i don't know that i O'd...weird huh. i was super crampy yesterday(saturday)- scant ewcm friday night- thank god i still had some preseed left from the clomid months...my temps seem steady- i did have technical trouble this morning as i overslept - then had to dig around as the thermometer fell down between the matress and the headboard--- any suggestions on temp accomodation for two hours late and matress wrestling?(not the good kind) i got 97.7 which seems to be my default f phase temp. i hope it was really a nice drop with O. today the cramping is gone. and watery cm. I increased my metformin today but haven't felt a bit different. cycle regularity was always one of the things i had going for me...to feel like i've lost that is driving me crazy. DH is having some issues with BD-ing- i feel like i'm betraying his privacy here but i guess it's a safe outlet. He has quite a bit of pain afterward with no real reason that we can find. The scope/procedure didn't find any cause. It has been increasing over the past year. He has a vericosity(like a vericose vein) inside one testicle- but we are not sure if it's related. everything works fine it just hurts- then i feel guilty. It sure puts a crimp in baby making as every other day for two or three times is just too much. we've got days 13 and 16 to go with i just hope i o'd in there somewhere.

i know baby dust...but i like the picture of sprinkles- like on cupcakes- patels- so baby sprinkles all around.

#154 ·
I have a blood test on Weds morning 7 days before AF. I just hope the dr. calls me that day with an update, she can be relaxed sometimes with updates, not sure if good news would motivate her to call sooner. It is my birthday too, so that makes me extra tense and hopeful... At this point, I will just be happy if I O'd this month, but of course I want a bfp. Trying not to obsess - at least work will be very busy this week.

#155 ·
hello my friends!

i'm currently inthemiddleofnowhere, indiana (for work) and staying in a hotel that has actual keys rather than card keys! so strange!

i'm cd12 today and should be o'ing sometime soon? i'm not tracking it at all (not even opks) so not really sure and since i'm out of town i'm pretty sure last night's bd session will be the only bd that will "count" in my fertile window - unless i O late which is doubtful. so nothing is gonna happen this month. which is fine. i'm more focused on getting the hsg out of the way more than anything. @sherry thanks for all the hsg info!! and always feel free to pass some nurse-y knowledge my way! it will be a radiology group that will be performing the test so i really need to look up hsgs on the internet as you did so i can be sure to know what is happening (since i'm sure they won't tell me anything at the appointment? i'm guessing they will make me wait to talk to my doc? but i will want to know IMMEDIATELY). i think my biggest fear is that i have endometriosis and my tubes will be messed up as a result of that. i just don't know what else to make of the weird pelvic pain i've had for the past year.

i'm looking forward to finding out which one is going to get the bfp this month! that's right, i am POSITIVE that we are going to be celebrating a bfp this month! POSITIVE!

so... who will it be? shall we place bets?

hope all of you are well. i will check back in tomorrow night to see if there are more updates!

night!

#156 ·
Yay Indie! haha- keys huh? twilight zone....I need a trip somewhere off the beaten path. Is this that business trip from awhile ago that you were trying to decide about? I hate when life interefere's with O time. Yeah-hsg- even as the nurse wife of the ordering doctor they wouldn't "tell" me the results. it was clear though.

gtree- i will be thinking of you wednesday- TELL THEM that it's your birthday! it will keep you on their minds so they call you. and ...no pressure...but your first in line and we could all use some positive hope inspiring news if you could manage it...no pressure.

afm cd 18 i am currently plauged with the thought that i did not O. This has never happened....that i know of....i am worried a bit- post clomid rebound- or the metformin (shouldn't be) i guess we will see what happens over the next few weeks.....now entering the 2ww limbo blah.....

aside- i"m thinking of trying to get an infertility certification...and perhaps training in IUI. If i can't get myself pregnant I might enjoy getting others pregnant...I can do IUI in my fertility store- haha.

#157 ·
@Sherry, sorry to hear about DH pain issues, that is a tough one! I do feel like this is a safe-zone for us all to share.

As for me, I am not feeling a BFP for this weekend. I hate to be pessimistic, but with other pregnancies I knew by the way my body felt before even testing I was expecting. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

#158 ·
Hi lady friends- I'm feeling down in the dumps tonight. I am getting a cold, it is CD 11 and I just got EWCM... I feel like this cycle is a bust and it has barely even started yet. I can't decide whether to just save my money and not do the trigger or prometrium and save them for next month or to just continue as planned and hope for the best... I have my u/s tomorrow to find out where my eggs stand... maybe that will help me decide. On top of that DH is travelling tomorrow and wednesday which makes me lose a BD day.... what a bust bust bust... I just had 2 packets of emergen-c (way to make my beautiful not seen for such a long time EWCM too acidic, yay
irked.gif
) and am following it up with some ginger tea, a date with my neti pot, and an early bed time... any advice?

indie- keys... that is like the dark ages... what the heck are you doing out there anyway, get home girl! My DH actully will be spending most of the summer in Illinois, and it just hit me afte this cycle we only have at best 3 more chances, maybe 2 before I will have to stop IF treatments until September... I hope you get home soon, maybe O will hold off a extra day.. will you be home then? Also you never know, those swimmers can live like 5 days, maybe that is the trick, less BD so the sperm dont get all tangled up with too many of them! Also, I had a radiologist do my HSG and she told me that everything looked perfect and gave me the all clear- they were 40 minutes late and I was desperate to get the heck out of there and back to work, so I could've asked questions or taken a better look, I hope your tech lets you look!

gtree- progesterone? I hope everything checks out! Cute Puppy & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you are celebrating next week with BFP!

msdolphin- I hope your instict is wrong and you have a nice surprise for us this weekend.

sherry- you ever feel like the more you know your body the more confusing it can be... I hope that your O has passed and your BDing was enough. I've never heard anything like pain after ejaculation, I'm glad his testing was all positive... is it possible it is just a muscle cramp or something? I'll be waiting for news!

#159 ·
- oh msdolphin. i know what you mean. I felt just like that last month
eyesroll.gif
here's hoping your wrong.

cbaa- oh that stinks- decisions- decisions- and yeah- stupid betraying body!!! I am the fertility queen- i got pregnant with an IUD in. and i think it was after one bd in two plus months!!! this just feels like not me. i know i'm old now...but it doesn't feel like it. Hope you feel better. Is it a cold or is that femera doing the opposite of clomid and making you mucousy everywhere? The clomid made my everything dry. I couldn't even wear my contacts,

Indie....it's not the bates hotel is it? Strange guy...and his mom? DON"T SHOWER! let us know your ok!

It seems like we are plagued with not only body betrayal but scheduling glitches galore. I wish i could save up some sperm from other times in the month to use at my leisure later. Tupperware? that stuff is supposed to keep everything fresh!

hang in there all

#160 ·
oh Indie- is that puppy real?? HOW SWEET!!! ohhhh I want one! haha I'm sure not always so cute when having an accident or chewing your shoe, but wow! very cute. fluffy white puppy owners group.

#161 ·
ok, gtree inspired me to put up a pic of our old english sheep dog puppy. she's a beautiful MESS! :)

gtree: hoping for a wonderful birthday present for you this year!!

msdolphin: we will keep holding out hope for you!

cbaa: i'm sorry you are feeling sick again! and doesn't acidic cm just up your chances for a girl? :) (or am i reading too much folklore?) that has to be tough having your dh gone most of the summer... hope you will have plenty of (perfectly timed) weekend visits? also, i totally hear you on the "more we know about our bodies the more confusing it can be..." oh what i would give to go back to a time of blissful ignorance and not this constant evaluating of every twinge.

sherry: i'm alive! haven't run into any scary momma's boys... yet :) this isn't the work trip i was talking about before. that one was an international trip that would take me away for 14 days. this one is just a two nighter... but right at the most crucial part of my cycle. ah well. i love the tupperware idea. what a great selling point for that product! do they even do tupperware home parties anymore? i used to go to those all the time as a kid (tag along with my mom). i could see it now... a group of fussy housewives whispering behind beautifully manicured hands "...and it's great for storing his spunk, too!" wink, wink. nod, nod. end scene. keep us posted about your dh. that's sounds miserable for him :(

pretty sure i am O'ing today. not having strong O pains as i did on clomid, but there are enough other signs that point to today. so i guess *technically* our bd on saturday night fits in the window but i am not holding my breath. and i will not test unless i am late. last month ticked me off so much... grrr. i have had several days of a terrible headache. if i were on clomid i would blame it on that... but i'm not.. so who knows what's up. i'm not prone to headaches so this is weird for me.

#162 ·
ok, gtree inspired me to put up a pic of our old english sheep dog puppy. she's a beautiful MESS! :)
Indie - I love your pup! Our's is 18 mos old and wonderful fluffy white goodness.

I am that person that thinks every lotto ticket that I buy is going to make me a millionaire, so of course I am (not so secretly) hoping for a BFP and using the cheapie tests like 4 times a day even though it is not possible to test positive this early. I don't "feel" anything and trying to focus on the fact we are just hoping for an O this month.

PS. Can I tell you all that I totally screwed up my O testing? I thought the results were immediate and threw them all in the garbage seconds after seeing a test line. Then, I left one out by accident a couple of days ago and later noticed a second line... I did not go through the entire trash can, but I really have no idea what my body did this month, so I am anticipating the doctor prescribing either a higher dose of clomid for next month or letting me know to expect triplets.

Hope you all have a good night!
joy.gif

#164 ·
OK- on the chart above i think where this thing put my O is totaly wrong. Or at least i hope. 1 day before or after would be good. that greyish 97.0 was the day i was 2 hours late and had to retrieve the thermometer--- so it was 97.6- but i adjusted- then made it invalid. opinions???

@ Indie- your tupperware scenario totaly made me laugh! Yes i remember from back in the day. Tupperware parties and hotel doors with keys and a big plastic key chain. I actually went to a co-ed tupperware margarita party once. probably 15-20 years ago but.....ok- remembering such things is probably reducing my egg quality...ima be quiet now.

gtree- yay! for testing 4 times a day and triplets!!! bd and a dream....gotta be in it to win it. i hate opk's i bought the digital one so i didn't overanalyze the strip- then ended up taking the thing apart each time to look at the strip. I am two months opk free- but i also don't know when or if i ovulated so don't listen to me.

cbaa- yes- acidic = girl babies- says the mother of five girls. perhaps it's just what you need.

ok- i am feeling time today- each minute as well as....months. i said i would stop this in July. My birthday. actually i said three years ago now or never!!! but then yeah....TR at 40. so 6 months left- 6-50%(one tube)= 3 chances left...
crap.gif
i hate math.

has anyone else read "the Inadequate Conception: from Barry White to Blastocysts, what your mom didn't tell you about getting pregnant."

it got me through a whole 2ww once.

#167 ·
Happy Birthday gtree- hope all is well at the DR!

Sherry- it looks like wherever O happened (& yay for O!!!), that you still have good timing so no worries. 2ww begins! I have not read that book but I could use something to distract the 2ww.

indie- I just spent a night at a hotel with keys too! I wouldn't have believed you had I not just seen it myself! O time for you?

AFM: Well you cannot even believe my last 48 hours... on top of getting a cold Monday night, I only had 1 follicle at my ultrasound yesterday and my LH was already surging. Mind you, DH was 2 hours away until tonight. So my IUI was cancelled and I had to drive my sorry a$$ to Holyoke 2 hrs away for some lovin the old fashioned way. Sigh....

#168 ·
gtree- we are waaaaiiiiting- i have access to thousands of HCG reports at my finger tips- i wish i was calling you!

ms. dolphin- NEXT UP!!!

stasi- you are MIA- what happened?

Indie- home yet?

cbaa- one is all you need- and how exciting a romantic rondevouz!!! That would make a sweet baby story.

i adjusted my ovuview to count that 97- and it adjusted my crosshairs to day 17. BETTER!!! but what the heck- why am I still O-ing so late - is this clomid lingering in my system?

I am 3 dpo i guess- with a nice temp spike!!! too early to test?- i'm going to try to hold out to 10- bwaahahaha we will see- i already want to pee on something!!!

#169 ·
hopefully gtree is enjoying a verrrry nice birthday!

cbaa - that would make an AWESOME conception story! oooh man, i hope i hope i hope this is your month!! and how funny that we both stayed in a hotel with keys the very same week!

sherry - yay for good timing! and yes, i'm home. enjoyed a day of non-stop cleaning... will be hosting a 2 year old birthday party at my house on saturday. yikes!

msdolphin - what's the word???

stasi - hope you check in with us soon!

AFM: i *think* i'm 2dpo. either way, i'm pretty sure i'm past O. but i'm counting myself out this month. i won't be testing or symptom spotting... i just don't think there is a reason to... so instead i will be cheering all of you on!

so here's some good news... i have my very first RE appointment scheduled! it's for the 27th. i chose the doc who has experience with endometriosis since i am more and more convinced that that is my issue (well, at least one of my issues). the pelvic pain took a vacation last month but has been back in full force this cycle. i don't get it when i'm actually on my period... it comes at any point during the rest of my cycle and it's been pretty noticeable the past few days. anyway, i'm pretty excited now that i've made an appointment. AND i can do my hsg in their office rather than at a radiology group! so i will have my first appt on the 27th and will likely have my hsg somewhere around the 31st. i feel better about this scenario because i think my chances of knowing the results of the hsg sooner will be greater this way. and i'm just looking forward to having some monitoring through my cycles. i have felt like i've been blindly feeling my way through a lot of this and i'm hoping to get some more clarity (and at least some peace of mind) going the RE route. anyway, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. i'm soooo ready for some, any sense of progress!

#170 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1976 View Post
msdolphin - what's the word???
I am not sure what to think... Mon/Tue I started having what felt like AF cramps, so I figured it was coming early (due Fri/Sat). Today no cramps and no AF. I mentioned the cramps to DH and he asked if I was PG. I told him I really don't think so, in the past could tell by the way my body felt I was PG. I was actually trying to remember "what" I felt that made me "know". I think it was sore boobs, extra tired and my appetite changed drastically. I am still hoping for BFP soon.

#171 ·
Amazing bday! No word from the dr about my blood test. She takes her sweet time. Will do a aht on Sunday. Headed south to help my sister take care of her 1 yo twins. Wish me luck. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

#172 ·
Trying another post. They keep disappearing. Gtree!!! CALL!! i understand not wanting news...just in case.
ms. Dolphin weekend is here. Good luck!!
Indie- i hope its not endo. I think its not. Just mystery pelvic pain syndrome. Ive seen so many people worked up including exploratory surgery and we just don't find a reason. Its frustrating. I have had easy cycles my whole life. Now since the tr. Pain, pms, etc. What amazing and confusing systems we have!
Glad you stepped up to the RE. I am still hesitant as i think an RE and DH may clash and leave me in the middle and frustrated.
Cbaa- i hope it was fun.
Stasi.....

I am SOOOOOOOO Blah! Just feeling worn out. Dh has the weekend off. And doesn't have plans to go visit his kids. This never happens!! Thursday- monday. I was soooo excited then his sister called having issues with her teenage son. So off he went to go handle it. I had the days off too. So now im here wondering why i am here. So far from home kinda- missing friends and fam and alone all the time. Oops this isn't the relationship thread?
So- 5 dpo- and this is the worlds longest day. Sometimes i think if this doesn't happen he will never be able to settle into a family state of mind.

Oh well. Daytime tv? Post!!! Please!!! Tell me anything!! Haha

#176 ·
Ok All my pists disappear but im trying again. Ms. Dolohin i see yours did too. I also dont seem to get my email updates. Oh well......thanks for being winey too friday haha! So sorry about af. Im starting to feel it too a week off. Im gonna test too early tomorrow. Im hoping that MLK'S Dream might help mine.
Gtree...nerves of steel. Good luck keep us ppsted.
Indie i hope you made it through the party,
Cbaa is your cold better. Here's hoping for that acidic cm girl baby the old fashoned way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.