Mothering Forum banner

1st Cycle on Clomid

9K views 239 replies 14 participants last post by  sherryvhkb 
#1 ·
hello, ladies. i'm new here and will be starting my first dose of clomid tomorrow evening (cd 3-7). i have been ttc for a year (we got pregnant naturally and VERY quickly in aug 2010 but sadly it was a blighted ovum - and since then... nothing). curious if anyone has any clomid success stories to share or if anyone else is in the same boat and would like to hang out with me. i'm feeling very positive today... i want to keep the positivity going!

#177 ·
MsDolphin
hug2.gif
I was hoping the crankyness Friday was a good sign of preggo hormones. Let's hope this is the month.

GTree- That little line should start showing any day! Did you doctor ever call with your results?

Sherry- I hope your mood is better too! I would test too early too if I had a stash of HPTs at my fingertips like you do!

Indie- I hope you end up with no need for the RE appt, that would be ideal. However, I know that feeling of unmedicated = no chance... I get spotting all through my LP when unmedicated... I'm glad also they can do the HSG there, is this your first one? I was only a little crampy for like 2 minutes while they injected the dye and then nothing the rest of the day. I took 2 advil beforehand. Anyway, I hear it is only 'painful' with blocked tubes, so lets hope all is clear!

AFM: The spotting stopped once I started the progesterone, but lasted for 3 days... what's with that. I hope it didn't affect anything. I'm feeling moody from the progesterone but other than that completely normal. Is is the 25th yet?

#178 ·
msdolphin - *hugs*

gtree - fingers crossed!

sherry - it's so easy for our anxiety over ttc issues to get projected onto all areas of our lives... including our relationship. hoping you experience some quality connection time with dh soon. and i'm rooting for you hard core this month!

cbaa - yes, this will be my first hsg. i'm less concerned about the physical side effects as i am about the emotional ones! i will a mess waiting to find out if it's good or bad news... can i take a xanax in addition to the advil? ;) i'm so hoping that femara is the wonder drug for you!

AFM - i have been so tired and feeling generally unwell this cycle. i feel like i could sleep for days. dh is sick and typically illnesses tend to manifest as extreme exhaustion for me so i'm thinking that must be what's going on. i've had several dreams of other people's children the past few days (my brother's little girl and my brother-in-law's little boy). i wonder what exactly that means? i've always been a big believer that dreams carry messages to us from our subconscious. the most obvious explanation is my longing for a child.

has anyone heard anything about circle bloom? i just happened upon it in my obsessive googling of all things ttc. it's a guided meditation program that is broken down by each cycle day. it looks really cool and i think i'm going to download it (it's a bit pricey but i've been wanting something like this for a long time). anyway, if you get a chance, google it and check it out and tell me what you think...

baby dust baby dust baby dust for all!

#179 ·
indie- Amazing I have never come across Circle + Bloom. I will definitely look into it at the end of this cycle if it isn't BFP. I think the 'Natural' cycle would be better for me than the IVF/IUI because I am really convinced it is a whole body problem that simply bypassing intercourse is not going to fix. Let me know what you think of it if you purchase, but in my opinion it looks like a good buy. I have the fertility yoga series which was also expensive. I love it but I just can't seem to set aside the 30-40 minutes daily to move the coffee table, set up the DVD & my yoga mat, blocks, rolled towels, pillow, etc, change into gym clothes, kick out DH, the dog and the cat to be able to do it daily. I would think the medications are easier to come by, 15 minutes right before bedtime is definitely more do-able. I wouldn't think the xanax would have any ill effect. I honestly went in the middle of the morning at work, they were 45 min late and I seriously hopped on the table and was out of there in 5 minutes, I was so stressed about my patients waiting for me back at my office that I didn't even have time to really look at it. She just said 'Everything is clear and here are your open fallopian tubes, any questions?' If I had more time I would have loved to look at the picture more and absorb everything, instead I just hopped off the table, threw on my pants and raced back to work! I hope yours goes well too!

#180 ·
Hi all. I ended up at an inn in a vinyard in PA. Lovely- just overnight but i sure needed it....9&10 dpo BFN.....IS THERE ANYTHING SADDER THAN A STARK SOLITARY RED LINE ON ALL THAT WHITE BACKGROUND?

#181 ·
Hello ladies... I think this might be the thread for me these days. This is our 15th cycle TTC, and I have an HSG scheduled for next Monday (Jan 23) to see what's going on. DH had a SA last week and the results were all normal. I should also mention we had an early m/c in September... which is why I resisted the HSG initially. However, after my dr explained it all to me, I think I'm feeling a little more positive about the procedure actually giving us some good information.

My dr said next cycle will begin 50 mg of Clomid (assuming HSG is normal, tubes are open, etc). I know at least one tube is open due to the pregnancy in September. My greatest fear (and hope) is that everything will be normal----but that won't give us any answers as to why we haven't conceived successfully.

I read through this thread and it seems like many of you are in similar situations, so I hope to get some good information from everyone. :)

But most importantly (be honest!!)..... how badly does the HSG hurt???
crap.gif

#183 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchounette View Post

Hello ladies... I think this might be the thread for me these days. This is our 15th cycle TTC, and I have an HSG scheduled for next Monday (Jan 23) to see what's going on...

But most importantly (be honest!!)..... how badly does the HSG hurt???
crap.gif
Welcome!
hug2.gif

I would be interested in hearing about the HSG too. My doctor gave me the option of doing Clomid first, then the HSG. I just started my 3rd round of Clomid, I will be scheduled for HSG soon. I was hoping to get BFP and not have to go through with it.

#184 ·
sherry: i know that there are sadder things than a bfn but these days it doesn't feel like it! :( so glad you had a nice night away though!

pitch: welcome! i hope clomid is just what you need! i will have an hsg in about two weeks... sounds like you will be going before me. keep us posted!

cbaa: i downloaded the circle+bloom meditations an they seem pretty cool! i am not really going to hlger serious about listening to them until i hit cd1 again but i think they should be helpful. also, if you do get them, make sure to put the code "fertilitydeals" in the discount box. saves you $11!

afm: 9dpo here. and old habits die hard. while i'm still refusing to test i still find myself slipping up and trying to symptom spot. so annoying. last night i dreamed that i got brain surgery. even in my sleep i know my brain is a problem!

#185 ·
Welcome pitch! We've all got pretty similar stories, but I've never m/c , which after 2 yrs feels like a blessing & a curse. In some ways I wish I knew my body could actually get pregnant, but, at the same time, the thought of losing a baby after this struggle just kills me, so my heart goes out to you.

HSG ANSWER- i feel like I'm having deja vu, did I just post about this? Anyway, my HSG was completely uneventful... My office was 45 minutes late and I only had an hour away from work, so it is a blur. It didn't feel any different than a papsmear until they injected the dye. It felt like pretty intense AF cramps for 45-60 seconds, but quickly sudsided. I was slightly crampy the rest of the day but nothing unbearable. I took 2 or 3 Advil an hour before. Both tubes were open & my uterus is perfect (yay??). So I've heard sometimes the real painful experiences are when tubes are blocked. The HSG can clear out any trapped goo too so yippee for that.

I hope CD1 never comes Indie! Good to know about the deal. I think I'll buy them if CD1 comes for me too... Blah. Im 7dpo... Booo... Feeling emotional, but thats the prometrium talking. Booo.

#186 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

HSG ANSWER- i feel like I'm having deja vu, did I just post about this? Anyway, my HSG was completely uneventful... My office was 45 minutes late and I only had an hour away from work, so it is a blur. It didn't feel any different than a papsmear until they injected the dye. It felt like pretty intense AF cramps for 45-60 seconds, but quickly sudsided. I was slightly crampy the rest of the day but nothing unbearable. I took 2 or 3 Advil an hour before. Both tubes were open & my uterus is perfect (yay??). So I've heard sometimes the real painful experiences are when tubes are blocked.
Did you get any infection after? I was also concerned about possible infection.

#187 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post

Did you get any infection after? I was also concerned about possible infection.
I have to say- I never went back to have it checked, but I was itchy for a while after. I had completely forgotten about that. I thought it was a yeast infection but I had no bad discharge. I think I just ate extra yogurt for a few days... I can't even remember if I did anything else or if it just went away... I want to say it lasted a week, maybe longer?

#189 ·
hey kids, happy friday!

hoping this weekend brings everyone some rest and rejuvenation.

so it appears this has been an anovulatory cycle for me? i'm already threatening to start my period and my breasts never did get sore. so i'm taking that to mean my body did not do what i thought it did. i dropped off my paperwork at the RE office today. i guess the plus side in all of this is the sooner i start AF the sooner i can get this nasty hsg out of the way.

so how is everyone else doing? cbaa... cbaa... let's get that bfp!!!

#190 ·
Hello All,

I've been feeling kind of blah as of late. Daily bfn's and some so sad pregnancy stuff at work. I am cd 30. 13 dpo. 1 day "late". Wondering what the heck my body is up to.

@ Indie- yeah for you and RE. I am calling Monday.

HSG. I found it crampy and unpleasant, but iwas distracted by the screen. I also has taken 3 ibuprofen (600mg) and some Benadryl which zones me out a bit. Some women have told me it was the most uncomfortable thing ever!! Some have said they felt nothing. Blocked tubes or not when they open/dialate your cervix it feels like a labor contraction. Perhaps my history of serveral births made that easier. When they use the betadine to clean out the vaginal vault to prevent infection it also kills the "good" bacteria. This can allow for overgrowth of yeast- if your prone to yeast infections. Probiotic yogurt is a good idea to prevent

#191 ·
sorry- my computer froze- haha. I sure do hope someone gets their BFP. We are growing. We'll have to have a status count soon. everyone remind me where you are!

gtree- i'm sending out a manhunt soon.

me: waiting for af...

#192 ·
Blah- I think AF is coming... Just not feeling anysymptoms to make me think I could be preggo. Darnit.

Sherry- a day late, does today make 2 days late? You could be our first BFP.

#194 ·
Af arrived in the early am. That blip of hope makes it harder but also reinvigorates the sense of desire for a bfp.

Cbaa i hope your wrong.

INDIE- you? If your early znd i was late we will be on the same cycle.

Ladies? It sounds like we may have a cycle of hsg's

#195 ·
BFN today, just waiting on the witch... You know that feeling like, how the heck did it not work this time... I seiously just do not understand. What am I doing wrong, what else could I possibly do differently...

Sending you a hug Sherry- I've never got anything but chalk white on my HPTs so I have to say even a smudge would excite me...

Indie, gtree, stasi, msdolphin, pitchounette... Anyone have updates?

#196 ·
hey ya'll

sherry: sorry about AF :( but glad you have a renewed sense of desire for that bfp! i need some serious reinvigorating.

cbaa: i'm so sorry. seriously, what the hell????

AFM: this has been an excruciating cycle. AF has arrived in full force today preceded by 5 full days of spotting (usually it's 2 to 3). my anxiety has been through the roof and i've cried more in the past few days than i have all year. i had a sense of relief when i originally scheduled the RE appointment, like i was taking a positive step forward, but that quickly dissipated into paralyzing fear that i will get horrible news now that i am finally going to get real diagnostics. i have now convinced myself that i am entering menopause and will find out soon that my eggs are crap. having had two nights of horrible night sweats this cycle didn't help. so... needless to say... i am not in a good place right now. :(

#197 ·
Hi "ya'll" haha as a Yankee i love that!!!

Indie- i am willing to bet a case of FRER that you are NOT menopausal but having a hormonal imbalance that mimics meopausal symptoms. It could be cortisol levels- your adrenal glands(atop kidneys) can mimic PCOS symptoms without the polycystic ovaries and that it is responsible for your infertility and symptoms. I'm old enough to be your....big sister...haha and I am sure my symptoms are similar- hence the metformen- i HAVE had a symptom reduction since taking it- but that I am not menopausal. Family history is also important- when did your mom- grandmothers- hit menopause? Both of my grandmothers had healthy surprise pregnancies in their early 40's. I just hope you have a good Doc, nurse office team experience. Love your eggs! They can hear you.

@cbaa- isn't it awful when you do it all just right and still BFN. I just hope your wrong...but i know the feeling. I can at least blame it on "oh well i must have O'd on the left" Sometimes i google positive FRER's just so i can see they actualy do have two lines. They are so so so white- bleak white- I've done a gazillion urine tests and not just my own. Usualy a smear like that on second try is a bfp. mine was just a smear :-(....my motto for the week...sometimes a smear is just a smear....boy was i warm inside and excited for about 7 hours...wouldn't it be lovely.

AFM: cd2 blah. I am getting down because of the big picture of the difference in our life as a "family" more- vs. our current situation. I am not sure it will work out in it's current flow. DH is too work obsessed. He doesn't get the fullness of life. I am too far from family my other kids- ect. and the way of life that fulfills me. It leaves me in a meant to be quandry....I am probably doing nothing different this cycle. I like to give everything two chances as i figure one of the months will hit the open side. I am going to talk to DH about RE tonight. ugh- it won't go well i figure...his line is- it won't happen because i'm trying too hard...I had a lot of R side cramping prior to AF. I am worried about that tube. I shouldn't repeat HSG until April...hmmm.

gtree, stasi, msdolphin, pitchounette....? hope all is well.

#198 ·
Hi ladies, I haven't checked in cause I am in a bit of a negative state and wanted to post when I had something positive to share. I have 2 friends that PG with their second. While I am happy for them, I am sad for myself. I finished my 3rd round of Clomid, BD this week. DH had SA, results are that he is in the "normal" range, but he low end of the normal range... if that makes sense. I think the HSG will need to be next, for some reason I just don't want to to it. I think I am afraid of how much it will hurt and possibility of infection.

#199 ·
Hey msD!! Glad to see a post from you. Sometimes the best part of this group is the encouragement you can get while feeling negative. I hope you find peace in your hsg decision. If i could i'd have one every month just to blow out any cobwebs in the tubes. That doc sure did you in with the i word. I wish i could reassure you. Ive been in the field for a decade and not seen any. It is standard wordage to include "potential for risk of infection" in all discussion aboutany procedure. But life itself pretty much is a risk for infection. If there ispain it is brief. But pregnancy itself not to mention labor is more so. If you do it go in with a positive mindset, and perhaps after a glass of wine or two- haha- it eeally is amazing the difference that tensiin makes when doing any such thing.

I think cbaa said she did hers on her lunch hour with her mind on getting back to work. I did mine in the afternoon as the hosp is next to dd xchool. It was so quick i ended up walking around for aboit an hour after to kill time, then we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading home.

Glad to hear your swimmers are good!! It's tough to see easy pregnancies popping up all over. Im glad my friends are too old and over it. Work can be tough. I have a 16 yo pregnant after a rape because mom is religious and refused plan b in the Er. This girl is so traumatized by being pregnant and just found out its a boy and it made it harder. Life is sure not fair. I wish i could take it for her...even if i didn't get the baby just to free her from the everyday anguish she is going through. I know when i see her sitting in the waiting room next to a couple who have just had their second second trimester loss that some things just make no sense. If God is there he shouldn't listen to me ranting while i work!!

#200 ·
Hi everyone,

Just got back from the DR and had a mini breakdown. I went in to check a cyst which formed due to taking 100 mg of Clomid the previous month. That one was gone, but now there are two that are about 5cm on the other side.
greensad.gif
My DR and the nurse were shocked that I have no pain, but I have 0 pain. I was prescribed provera, 10 mg, 3 x's a day for 30 days. Has anyone been prescribed this?

MsDolphin - I had an HSG done and had NO problems at all. It's really kind of neat bc you can watch everything happening on the screen above you. My hubby came with me, but I could have drove myself home. It really was no big deal at all. I can try to answer any ?'s you have.
thumb.gif

#201 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryvhkb View Post

...Work can be tough. I have a 16 yo pregnant after a rape because mom is religious and refused plan b in the Er. This girl is so traumatized by being pregnant and just found out its a boy and it made it harder. Life is sure not fair. I wish i could take it for her...even if i didn't get the baby just to free her from the everyday anguish she is going through. I know when i see her sitting in the waiting room next to a couple who have just had their second second trimester loss that some things just make no sense. If God is there he shouldn't listen to me ranting while i work!!
Wow! That is tough. (((hugs)))

Another reason I should not let myself get negative, I *know* I should focus at what I do have. In the end, if we are not blessed with another LO, I am VERY thankful for the blessing of my DS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.