Warm Winter Wishes and BFP's 40 ++ TTC - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 712 Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congrats, Halifax!!! Welcome to the world, Xander! 

Yay for a BFP and good betas, Carmen!

Many ((( hugs ))) to Gumblossom and Waturmama. I'm thinking of you both.

Still taking a mental health break, but had to pop in and send some hellos and hugs your way. xo

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#602 of 712 Old 07-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all. May I join in?

I am going to be 40 in two months. We have one dd who is almost 10 and we have been ttc for going on 3 years. I have started peri and have had a couple of early miscarriages. Have been told that my egg quality is getting low but if I lose a bit of weight it may help. I have since lost around 15 lbs and taken up running. We took a break for a couple of months and are back in action this cycle. Af is starting right now.

Look forward to getting to know you all. :)

#603 of 712 Old 07-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new and TTC. I'm 41, DH is 34 and I have an 11year old boy from a previous marriage, and DH and I have a 6 year old boy together. I am nervous about my age, and that I've had endometriosis since I was about 24. This month was our first month TTC, and I didn't chart or anything because we are on vacation, just using an android app to keep a general idea. I'm sure nothing happened this cycle. AF is due in 3-4 days and I am having cramps and a tiny bit of spotting. Next month I will chart with temps, etc.

I have enjoyed reading what you all are going through and I wish baby dust to all!

#604 of 712 Old 07-08-2012, 12:15 AM

Welcome BucketofStars and hilsidney! May your time here be helpful and short.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#605 of 712 Old 07-08-2012, 02:11 PM

Can I join you guys?  I'm 39 1/2 and TTC  child #5.  I have two boys ages 7 and 6, and two girls ages 3 and 14 months.  I have also had 2 early m/c...one before my 3rd child and one 2 months ago. I'm still nursing my 14month old.  I hope to be able to tandem nurse again. I've only had  2 months with no nursling in 7 1/2 years.  I own my own chiropractic practice and work in it 3 days per week.  DH is a SAHD.  We homeschool.  We love to travel and do so frequently. 

Currently I'm 6 dpo. We've been TTC for 3 cycles this time around.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#606 of 712 Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I know I haven't posted in ages but I have to give you all a happy update!  Our baby girl, Skyla Kay was born on July 2, 2012 at 4:07a.m. 

I didn't talk much about this while pregnant for fear of jinxing it or sounding braggish, but my 4th pregnancy and birth at the age of 41 has been the best ever!  I feel like I could be the poster girl for pregnancy over 40.  I felt great - strong, energized, healthy and beautiful.  I kept walking daily and took a yoga class twice a week.  My midwife gives an assignment half-way through the pregnancy to envision what our "perfect birth fantasy" would look like.  My dh and I took that to heart and created a "birth deck" (that dh built with love on Mother's Day) and we did several dry runs of what our birth space would look like on the big day.  We envisioned an outdoor water birth on the deck and under the stars.  The birth tub that we used is the same that I birthed my 3rd son in over 5 years ago.  Here are some photos ~ much love to you all as you journey into motherhood over 40 

love.gif

21 preg 36weeks.jpg26 preg after shot henna.JPGskyla birth.jpg

Laura ~ Mama to three wild and wonderful boys , our rainbow baby girl on 7/2/12 and expecting #5 on 12/24/14

#607 of 712 Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Congrats, 3surfboys!  What a beautiful story!

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#608 of 712 Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Congratulations 3surfboys. Your photos are beautiful. You looked gorgeous while pregnant - just glowing, and I'm so happy all went well for your birth. I think pregnancy in our forties can be a wonderful,healthy, vibrant time.I know I felt great when pregnant with my son at 41. I'm certainly hopeful I'll do it again soon,despite being 45, I don't feel too old.

How is everyone else on the thread?

I'm on term break from teaching, so feeling pretty good. I've had time to take long walks and have been swimming laps regularly - I feel healthier and fitter. I had acupuncture yesterday and my TCM lady said my energy was very good (especially as I'd been sick recently). I have a feeling that I could possibly be pregnant again, but I'm trying not to be too hopeful,as I don't want crashing disappointment. However, I have been having a few telltale symptoms that I can relate to pregnancy. I've been pregnant so many times that I can read it fairly well. Of course I could be wrong, and there's no guarantee it will be a sticky pregnancy. It remains to be seen, I'm 7 DPO, so won't test for a few days yet.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#609 of 712 Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Congrats, 3surfboys! The photos are beautiful. I love hearing empowering stories of pregnancy and birth over 40!

Sounds hopeful, gumblossom! I hope you're right :)

Afm: I'm 6w3days. Things aren't going great unfortunately. I had some blood when I put in the progesterone suppositories on Monday morning (I was 6w exactly) - just on the applicator tip. Nothing has come out but I freaked out because I'd been having a weird stabbing pain lower right and I was worried about ectopic. I raced off to the ER and they did a vaginal u/s and saw the gest. sac and yolk sac but couldn't see a fetal pole or heartbeat yet. The radiologist told me it looked very normal for 6 weeks but I still don't feel very hopeful. They also tested my hcg and it was 8878...again, not out of the range of normal but on the lower end. I go for another u/s with my RE next Thursday when I'll be 7w4d so we should be able to see a heartbeat then if there is indeed going to be one. My breasts are still really sore and I'm tired and hungry a lot but very little nausea so far. Tonight has actually been the worst of it. This will be m/c number 5 this time around and my 9th pregnancy if you can believe it.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#610 of 712 Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

Congrats, 3surfboys! The photos are beautiful. I love hearing empowering stories of pregnancy and birth over 40!

Sounds hopeful, gumblossom! I hope you're right :)

Afm: I'm 6w3days. Things aren't going great unfortunately. I had some blood when I put in the progesterone suppositories on Monday morning (I was 6w exactly) - just on the applicator tip. Nothing has come out but I freaked out because I'd been having a weird stabbing pain lower right and I was worried about ectopic. I raced off to the ER and they did a vaginal u/s and saw the gest. sac and yolk sac but couldn't see a fetal pole or heartbeat yet. The radiologist told me it looked very normal for 6 weeks but I still don't feel very hopeful. They also tested my hcg and it was 8878...again, not out of the range of normal but on the lower end. I go for another u/s with my RE next Thursday when I'll be 7w4d so we should be able to see a heartbeat then if there is indeed going to be one. My breasts are still really sore and I'm tired and hungry a lot but very little nausea so far. Tonight has actually been the worst of it. This will be m/c number 5 this time around and my 9th pregnancy if you can believe it.

*Hugs* Carmen.  None of that news sounds so bad.  I'm hoping and praying that everything is fine.  I'm not trying to put down your experience and I'm sorry you have experienced so many miscarriages, but I want to encourage you when I say I've had way worse signs turn out to be fine.  I've had gushing blood at 6 weeks and nurses consoling me...but eventually finding out my bean was still fine.  I hate to hear you counting this as a miscarriage already.  I hope and pray that everything is okay.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#611 of 712 Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM

I don't think I updated here...I had my u/s and the same thing is happening this time as happened last time. The baby is measuring about a week smaller than he/she should be and has a very weak heartbeat again (71). The RE feels pretty sure that I will m/c again. I'm 8 weeks today and have a follow up appointment next week to check again. I expect that there will be no heartbeat by then. Thanks for listening to me as I went through this. This is the end of the road for us in terms of TTC. After 8 miscarriages I'm just spent. We will move on to adoption and open our hearts to more children and hope our family will indeed continue to grow.

#612 of 712 Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM

Oh Carmen, I'm so sorry to hear this.How heartbreaking for you.

I hope that somehow, you will have a miracle and this little bean is just a slow starter. I also hope that you can adopt and have the family you dream of.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#613 of 712 Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM

I'm so sorry Carmen. (((hug)))

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#614 of 712 Old 07-25-2012, 04:06 PM

How is everyone?

I've been watching the thread, but not much is going on.

Carmen, do you have more news? (((HUGS)))

I'm seriously considering giving up ttc. Last night my DH said a few things which makes me feel that the desire for a baby is selfish and could damage our relationship. I wasn't really aware that he is "worried" that I'm still hoping for a baby,and he feels it would just be too much for him and our family. He's probably right. There's all sorts of reasons why I should just get over the desire and move on.

So I think I'm going to take the first step toward TTA, which seems so stupid after all this time TTC, but I think it is probably the best path for us.

Anyway, I'll still be around to keep an eye on everyone.

I feel okay about it right now, but who knows how long that will last?  No doubt come ovulation time I'll feel very differently.

#615 of 712 Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Carmen, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you. ((( hugs )))

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#616 of 712 Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Congratulations, 3surfboys! Thank you for sharing those beautiful, inspiring photos!

Gumblossom, I'm glad you're feeling okay about where you are in your journey right now. I hope ovulation time comes peacefully for you, whether you TTC or TTA.

I've been super busy with summer visitors, travel, time with DD and an impending move. I'm also trying to stay offline because it helps me let go and not obsess over TTC. I'm finding that I'm feeling much more peaceful this way, and I figure peaceful is a good place to be no matter what happens. You're all in my thoughts anyway. love.gif

#617 of 712 Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Thanks. I miscarried last night at 8.5 weeks. I'm struggling with that "empty" feeling today but I know I'll heal and I actually feel mostly peaceful about moving on. I'm still having anxiety once in awhile about never being pregnant again but the thought of expanding our family through adoption feels right.

#618 of 712 Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Carmen, I'm so sorry for your loss.candle.gif

#619 of 712 Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 PM

I'm so sorry, Carmen. (((hug)))

Gumblossom, I know what you mean with the crazy-ness. I found myself not wanting to be pg this cycle (very, very different for me), then sad when I got AF today. We've been ttc so long, it is hard to imagine what life would be like if we weren't. I like what it's done for our bd-world, and am sad when I think of no bd going for a baby.

#620 of 712 Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 PM

I posted this in the secondary infertility thread I started and want to post it here too.

Today I was noticing how my ds's ears look perfect to me. I wondered if I had a second child, would I have two ideas of perfect ears (and belly buttons, and noses, and little feet, etc.). Lately I think I'm getting used to the idea that this isn't going to happen for me, and then I have thoughts like that (about the ears), and suddenly the idea that it might not happen really surprises me. I've thought I'd have multiple children as long as I can remember. Sigh.

Feeling sad. I think it will help to express some of this, though.

#621 of 712 Old 07-29-2012, 06:22 PM

Whisper my name with high hope and anticipation ladies.   

This has been such a long road and difficult journey.  

this is a BIG week.

Watermama, I have bumped into you many times here. (reading your posts)  Many blessings to you, my kindred spirit.  namaste.gif

Carmen, hug2.gif

GumBlossom, take care of your DH, and yourself.

Thank you!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#622 of 712 Old 07-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Carmen-I am so sorry.

Thinking of you Skeemama.

AFM, AF is due anytime. I have a couple of tests with a shadow of a line and I'm spotting red blood. I'll take a test with FMU tomorrow. The other tests were not FMU. I have been through this five times now resulting in chemical pregnancies. I'm not holding my breath this time.

Eta- Af is here.
#623 of 712 Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Hi Skeemama, that is neat to know we are following many of the same paths here. Thank you for the blessings. I did whisper your name with high hope and anticipation. What is happening this week? Did I miss something?

BucketofStars, I am so sorry. Sounds like a chemical pregnancy. It is wearing to keep getting hopes up and then have it not go that way. (((hug)))

#624 of 712 Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Any one have ideas about this- for two cycles I have felt cramps from a few day after O until my period. Anyone know what this might mean?? I usually only have very slight cramping right before my Period.

oh and also came early, which for me was the 28th day.

thanks

#625 of 712 Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 AM

First of all - blessings to all of you who are experiencing such an emotional time of loss or joy.  

I had my easiest pregnancy at age 42.  My third daughter is a joy every day ... still nursing at 3.5 years old.  <3

but I continue to feel a sense of something "missing", and I am struggling with that.  I want another baby.  I  am turning 46 in  2 weeks, and I am in denial of my age for the first time in my life.  I desperately want another baby, and I have wanted this for certain since I was pregnant with #3.

But now, everytime I say something about wanting another baby, everyone around me rolls their eyes.  My husband humors me, but to be honest, I am pretty sure he doesn't want another ... or at least doesn't want the risk associated with going through another pregnancy, even though my last one was far easier than my first two (which weren't difficult).  

I just don't know if I am being selfish, not wanting to admit to being in the next stage of life, or if I really should do this.  (to make matters worse, I have always been a proponent of zero population growth, so I feel a little hypocritical about wanting another baby). (Adoption isn't an option for us, since we are currently living a nomadic life, traveling the US by RV.)

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#626 of 712 Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Jrabbit, I think this is the place to post, as some of us are the same"vintage" as you. I know what you mean about being in denial of your age, I'm feeling the same, mainly because the thought of losing fertility is too hard to contemplate.

I have 5 children, and had my last babe at almost 42. I wouldn't say it was easy, but it wasn't much different to previous pregnancies in my 20's and 30's.Since having my son, I too have felt there is meant to be another. I really have felt that our family would be complete if I had one last baby. But it hasn't happened, I've had three miscarriages (have been ttc for 2 and a half years)and I'm starting to accept that maybe I won't have "one last baby", that maybe I did that already.

However, I don't think you should lose hope, it is definitely possible to have a baby at 46 and even beyond, but I think it does require a certain amount of patience and an acceptance that it won't be easy, if we are to manage ttc without too much insanity, if you see what I mean.

I hope you can come to terms with what you decide to do, where is the harm in ttc? I suppose you have to decide what you would do if you had screening tests that showed the baby had a trisomy.Our risk is higher at this age, but it doesn't mean its a given.

I'm starting to believe that it will or won't happen, but I'll at least give my spirit baby a chance to come to us by doing what I can without being too obsessive about it.

All the best.

#627 of 712 Old 08-21-2012, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the energy ladies.

This has been a difficult month.  I really thought we were going to be a BFP.  It did seem like all the stars were in alignment...

alas, they were not.

The good news is my day 21 progesterone was the best its ever been!  All the other numbers look great.  The follicle this month was "adequate" from the right,

my left ovary looks a "little sad."  (It must know my real age!!ROTFLMAO.gif)  Vintage is a lovely term!!!

Gearing up for some magic moments this cycle.  DH and I have talked a lot about trying all out until the end of the year, and then its time to be done.

Watermama, I have been a lurker on many of the same boards as you.  I feel a kindred spirit with you!!!!

Sticky baby dust all around!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#628 of 712 Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Carmen, I'm so sorry. 

Jrabbit, I totally understand the eye rolls. I got that reaction a lot when sounding out friends/family on the issue of having another. But now that I'm actually expecting, I am getting nothing but positive reactions, even from those who were critical of the idea of adding another. 

AFM, I'm 31 weeks now and all is well so far. It's harder to be pg at 44, but not actually that much harder than it was at 32 or 35. No complications, knock on wood, and I've gotten a lot of support from friends and family. Plus, the kids are both excited about a little sibling. I am still surprised every morning though, that it's really happening.

baby dust to everyone who wants it!

lovestolearn likes this.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#629 of 712 Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 PM

I have an HSG scheduled for Friday. Does anyone have any stories/advice/etc??

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#630 of 712 Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM

I thought I'd stop by to say "hi." It is quiet here.

Stevi, I can't remember what an HSG is, so I probably didn't have one.

miss_sonja, it is awesome that you are 31 weeks.

Hi Skeemama! I like that I have a kindred spirit in you. Great news about your progesterone. Those follicles just need to produce one good egg! So "adequate" sounds fine, I'm thinking.

We are laying low on ttc, but I wanted especially to stop by today to acknowledge that this was the EDD of my second pg (the first m/c). This EDD in 2007 was a full moon, just the age spacing I wanted, just the astrology, and mostly importantly I had an amazing sense of connection with a baby spirit. I marvel at how different my life would be if I had a 5 year-old now. I know I'd cherish her or him, and I do cherish the childhood my ds has had, and this is how it is. A candle for baby spirit:  candle.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page