Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#692 of 712 Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Just popping on quickly to say Congrats, Carmen!!!!  That is such wonderful news!!!!  So happy for you!!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#693 of 712 Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, tenzinsmama :)

#694 of 712 Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Just wanted to pop back in and post a little update.

Well, a few days after my first post here and my concerns we'd have another unsuccessful cycle, I got a positive test. I thought I was just imagining it, so I took another after a few days and it was positive.

I'm being very cautiously optimistic but am also excited about the little bean. I'm trying not to over-analyze every symptom or lack of.

I'm scheduling an US for the end of this week or next and believe I'm about 6.5 weeks along. Hopefully a strong heartbeat will ease some concerns.
#695 of 712 Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM

Congratulations Carmen!! That's lovely news---hope all continues to go well!

I have some leftover supplements that I no longer need --liquid Vitex, some DHEA, and natural progesterone cream. Would love to pass these on to someone who needs them, as they were pricey and I'd hate to just toss them. PM me if interested. I'm not asking any $, just the cost of shipping if you can. 

Doing well here! Can't believe my little guy is 2 months now. He's a joy--we all just love him so much. My DH is really into little guy and it's especially sweet since he was so very hesitant about TTC.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#696 of 712 Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldeshano View Post

Just wanted to pop back in and post a little update.

Well, a few days after my first post here and my concerns we'd have another unsuccessful cycle, I got a positive test. I thought I was just imagining it, so I took another after a few days and it was positive.

I'm being very cautiously optimistic but am also excited about the little bean. I'm trying not to over-analyze every symptom or lack of.

I'm scheduling an US for the end of this week or next and believe I'm about 6.5 weeks along. Hopefully a strong heartbeat will ease some concerns.

Congratulations!!

I'm just over 10 weeks now. Second u/s went really well. Little one was measuring 3 days ahead and strong heart beat still. I go for first trimesters screening in the coming weeks - blood work next week and scan at just before 13 weeks. I think I'll feel more at ease after that....if things go well of course.

I just have to remind anyone new that stats are not the hard and fast rule. I got pregnant 5 out of 7 tries before this pregnancy. They ended in m/c but I definitely beat the odds in the getting pregnant part! We do at home inseminations - no fertility drugs. We use a known donor because my partner is female. So, yeah, there are examples of success beyond the stats.

#697 of 712 Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

Congratulations!!

I'm just over 10 weeks now. Second u/s went really well. Little one was measuring 3 days ahead and strong heart beat still. I go for first trimesters screening in the coming weeks - blood work next week and scan at just before 13 weeks. I think I'll feel more at ease after that....if things go well of course.

I just have to remind anyone new that stats are not the hard and fast rule. I got pregnant 5 out of 7 tries before this pregnancy. They ended in m/c but I definitely beat the odds in the getting pregnant part! We do at home inseminations - no fertility drugs. We use a known donor because my partner is female. So, yeah, there are examples of success beyond the stats.

So glad that your second u/s went well and wishing you good luck with the upcoming scans and tests!
#698 of 712 Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Back on to check in...miss the wonderful ladies here. My heart is glsd to hear great news from halifax...will snoop the front page for more news. Just got ppaf today..who knows...i might be active here again...idk..

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#699 of 712 Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations, cldeshano and carmen! So glad to hear your good news. biggrinbounce.gif Good to hear from you, saoirse!

Just wanted to pop in and encourage people to have their progesterone tested... I just lost an early pregnancy and when the labwork came back, it turns out my progesterone was only 1.6. That was a huge shocker. Now, I do have a lot of early losses, so I have no idea if this one or any others were caused by low progesterone or something else. But, both my Ob/Gyn and my TCM doctor think my low progesterone could be a contributing factor. I hadn't bothered to have it tested in quite some time, because it was fine 2 years ago (last test) and I hold a luteal phase very well... I go 15 days and my temps stay above 98. I was also on a Chinese herbal formula designed to help my body make enough natural progesterone, so I figured I was covered. However, you can bet that next cycle I will be taking Rx suppositories! These were recommended not just by my Ob/Gyn, but also by my TCM doc.

Hope everyone else is well!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#700 of 712 Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Well, unfortunately, we didn't make it to the ultrasound. I started to miscarry about four days before. It's the first miscarriage I've had since our son was born more than 2 years ago, and my third one in all. 

Thank you, LitMama, for your info about checking progesterone levels. This is the second miscarriage I've had around the 7-week mark, and I had a midwife who suggested I may want to look at my progesterone levels. I had blood work done with this miscarriage, but I don't know if they checked for progesterone levels. I'll know more next week. I've been seeing an acupuncturist for 3 1/2 years, and I'll also talk with her about this. 

In the meantime, I'm going to try improving my diet, cutting way back on gluten and sugars, and getting more leafy greens since I've read these things can improve egg quality. And these just would be good things for me to do anyway. 

#701 of 712 Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM

I'm new here so please excuse me if I do this wrong... sorry 4 your loss I've gone through 3 miscarriages in 2 years and I'm currently pregnant now. I find myself constantly worrying that I'll go through something crazy again but I did have the opportunity last FridaY to see baby at 7 weeks in 1 day with is 138 BPM an HCG levels of 63458. I know how hard it can be. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cldeshano View Post

Well, unfortunately, we didn't make it to the ultrasound. I started to miscarry about four days before. It's the first miscarriage I've had since our son was born more than 2 years ago, and my third one in all. 

Thank you, LitMama, for your info about checking progesterone levels. This is the second miscarriage I've had around the 7-week mark, and I had a midwife who suggested I may want to look at my progesterone levels. I had blood work done with this miscarriage, but I don't know if they checked for progesterone levels. I'll know more next week. I've been seeing an acupuncturist for 3 1/2 years, and I'll also talk with her about this. 

In the meantime, I'm going to try improving my diet, cutting way back on gluten and sugars, and getting more leafy greens since I've read these things can improve egg quality. And these just would be good things for me to do anyway. 
#702 of 712 Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM

hey guys, is there a new thread?

I can't be the first to post on this one and the last baby born????

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#703 of 712 Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm so, so sorry, cldeshano. Holding you in my thoughts. The dietary changes could be very helpful and it's always good to feel that we're doing what we need to do to heal ourselves, too.

Saoirse, believe it or not, this is the same thread. The original winter thread made it through all four seasons and is now back to winter again! It just sort of petered out as the longtime members (including myself) drifted away. I'm only here very sporadically. It's great to hear from you!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#704 of 712 Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM

So sorry to hear of your miscarriage, cldeshano. I am sure changing your diet will help in many ways. More an more I can see how nutrition helps with fertility.

*Litmama*,I am sorry about your early loss. I am amazed at how low your progesterone is, particularly when you have no symptoms of low progesterone. Personally, I have always thought my progesterone is fine because my LP is good, no spotting before AF, but clearly, in your experience it can still be low. So will you go on the suppositories every luteul phase? Or can you wait til you get BFP?

If I ever get another BFP, I will hi-tailing it down to my doctor for a progesterone script( my doctor wants me to wait til then for some reason?). I have been using progesterone cream every month, though last month I didn't. I don't know if it made any difference, but this month I had a lot of EWCM which I haven't had for a long time, so I do wonder if the progesterone cream could have been lowering my estrogen, which affected the next cycle? Anyway, I ovulated about two days ago and it was a very strong ovulation, I may have even released an egg each side as I had O pain each side, so I will use the progesterone cream, starting tomorrow, just in case there's a baby on board (I really hope so). When I had my second miscarriage, I had my progesterone tested about a month later ( I actually thought I was pregnant again, but I now think it was residule HCG in my system) and I had a level of 35. The doctor said it was a good level for sustaining a pregnancy. But,as you said, the levels can change over time, and it has been a year and half since then.

I asked my doctor about monitoring progesterone in early pregnancy and she said we can do that, but it is likely to fluctuate a lot and that won't really tell us very much.

I also had a large corpus luteum cyst with my first miscarriage, which indicates to me that my progesterone must have been fine. What do you think? I suppose every pregnancy is different.

Just when I thought I would give up ttc because I am tired of the whole thing, I feel a renewed vigor. It seems so foolish to start feeling optomistic again at the age of 46, but I am hoping I'll get that surge of fertility I have heard that some perimenopausal women get eyesroll.gif. Besides, my cycle is still very regular and I seem to be ovulating regularly. Of course, I am aware that the egg that is released (if indeed it is) every month may be of less than perfect quality, but there's still a good chance that one of these months there will be a healthy one.

A big hello to everyone out there. This thread has become so quiet. Perhaps it is time for a new one?

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#705 of 712 Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM

cldeshano, sorry to hear about your loss.

And litmama. That is news to me about progesterone. I don't really give it much thought, but now I'm wondering if it would be good if I kept my eye on things more closely when it comes to that.

Gumblossom, nice to hear from you again. I wanted to ask about strong ovulation... what does that all mean? I had a very strong one this current cycle-- the discomfort from impending ovulation was almost as intense as when I was on cycles of Clomid in the past.  Does it bode well for a more successful cycle, and if so, for what reason? 

#706 of 712 Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage, cldeshano. 

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#707 of 712 Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM

no babies?...time for a new thread <3 Valentine theme?

#708 of 712 Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM

Tenzinsmama, I don't really know what it means if ovulation feels strong. I say "strong" because I can feel it quite intensely. Some months I get ovulation pain, but it isn't as strong or painful. This time was quite uncomfortable and lasted a long time. I am hopeful a "strong" ovulation means a bigger egg, or more eggs, or maybe it just means an ovarian cyst or something? I have no idea really!

I have had cramping yesterday and today. Not ovulation cramping (that happened Wednesday night -and it is now Saturday morning), but a constant feeling like AF cramps,and very noticeable. I know it can't be implantation cramps, but I wonder if it means something good is going on. I sure do hope so. I would love to be pregnant this month, as the due date would be close to my DH's birthday.And despite what he thinks eyesroll.gif I think a baby would be the perfect birthday gift for him (I'm sure he prefer a motorbike or a boat LOL).

Saoirse2007, would you like to start a new thread? I like the idea of a Valentine's thread.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#709 of 712 Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM

gumblossom, i had a very much needed chuckle when I read about a baby being a birthday present for your DH!

I like the idea of a new thread

#710 of 712 Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 PM

If anyone can help me I have a question...I actually feel stupid asking some questions cause I have 3 grown kids (21,20,13) and feel I should know the answers. I have had 3 miscarriages in 2 years and never made it to the 8 week mark before..I am 40 and WORRIED all over again.

Anyways, here it goes...I have been having a pulling feeling in my left side down by my groin, then a quick shoot across my abdomen that goes right away. Does anyone know what that might be???

#711 of 712 Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM

Lisa, that sounds like round ligment pain - just things moving around down there. Sorry you are feeling anxious.Can you have another scan for reassurance?

Hi everyone else, I started a new thread: Here is the link: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373197/a-brand-new-year-fabulous-forty-somethings-ttc-bring-on-the-valentines-bfps-we-are-ready-and-waiting

Hope to see everyone there.

saoirse2007 likes this.

#712 of 712 Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Just wanted to stop back in and say thank you for the kind thoughts and wishes after my miscarriage. I think we've decided that we'll take a month off and then try again, so hopefully I'll have some positive news to share in the coming months. Even though I'm new here, I really appreciate this group.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page