is it really possible a week after to trying to feel really preggo? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 11-19-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my hubby and i have been trying for the last week, according to last period i had , it tells me that last week was my fertile peak. I noticed 3 days after we were trying this past week i have been having mood swings, and a lil nauseated. As of right now cant stand to think about french fries gag lol. i also checked my temp today and it has been at 99.3 basal temp thing. So im guessing that eithier im still fertile or already preggo. Im 36 and am a lil frightened that wont get preggo to soon. i had my last one at 33. Just wondering what others thought out there. I cant test for 9 more days hate that lol. Anyhow good luck to the ladies that are trying hope u get lots of sticky dusts.

#2 of 24 Old 11-20-2011, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd5339 View Post

my hubby and i have been trying for the last week, according to last period i had , it tells me that last week was my fertile peak. I noticed 3 days after we were trying this past week i have been having mood swings, and a lil nauseated. As of right now cant stand to think about french fries gag lol. i also checked my temp today and it has been at 99.3 basal temp thing. So im guessing that eithier im still fertile or already preggo. Im 36 and am a lil frightened that wont get preggo to soon. i had my last one at 33. Just wondering what others thought out there. I cant test for 9 more days hate that lol. Anyhow good luck to the ladies that are trying hope u get lots of sticky dusts.

#3 of 24 Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM

I'd be interested in other's responses to this as well. It is ABSOLUTELY CRAZY but my husband and I are TTC our first. I haven't gotten too deep into the charting temps and stuff but I've charted my cycle for the past 6 years and this was the first time in my cycle that we've purposely gotten down to business during my fertile time-- I swear the NEXT DAY my body felt "different"-- slight cramping in the lower right side of my abdomen, light heart burn and gas (which is super rare for me), break outs and i swear my body odor smells different. It's super weird and the symptoms have continued for the past week, plus adding in some irritability and being a bit weepy. 

I'm not due to start my period until Dec. 15th and I know hope can do crazy things to your body, but I've also heard stories where women swear they knew right away. I'm trying not to go crazy and trying to continue to live my life normally because if I don't and my period comes I'll be sad that I missed out on things like enjoying a drink at a Holiday party tonight-- but I'm also terrified I'll do something this early on that will prevent my pregnancy from "sticking". 

It's a symptom of the times, I'm used to knowing things as soon as I have the desire to know them. I'm used to doing everything right and getting what I want, but this getting pregnant stuff is a lot of luck added to the hard work and I'm trying to be reasonable. At this point I'd be like... a weeks pregnant there's no way of knowing for sure. The waiting sucks. 

#4 of 24 Old 12-03-2011, 03:42 PM

No I don't think it is. At 7 DPO you probably have not even had implantation yet or if you are pregnant implantation could possibly happen on 7 DPO or in a few days. Your body is not creating enough pregnancy hormone at this time to cause true pregnancy symptoms. But there are lots of women who experience symptoms due to stress or anxiousness of wondering if you conceived. That is VERY normal! I have even been drastically late on AF's a few times because I had convinced myself I was pregnant when I wasn't. Full on morning sickness, mood swings, fatigue, and all other symptoms that come along with pregnancy. It may sound silly but it happens to a lot of ppl. Many ppl come on here with early symptons and excitment only to get a bfn.

Moral of the story......yes you could very well be pg right now, but you would not have symptoms at this point in time. I never get symptoms of pregnancy (other than a bfp) until I am at least 6 weeks along, but my sister gets them the moment she misses a period. Every woman is different. Just keep an eye on your temp and if you really feel pregnant test in a few days. I get bfp's as early as 9 DPO and I have read several cases of 11 and 12 DPO bfp's. Keep us updated! thumb.gif

#5 of 24 Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

With my youngest I knew I was pregnant about 2-3 days past ovulation because my cervical fluid went from fertile to creamy and my cervix stayed soft, instead of my fluid going dry and my cervix becoming firm. The more you know about your body and cycles, the easier it is to identify a very early pregnancy. By 7 days past ovulation I napped in the afternoon and had heartburn. For me those are two for sure signs that I am pregnant. By 9 days past ovulation I had a positive test.

A fertilized egg can implant by 2-4 days past ovulation, so feeling pregnancy symptoms so early is entirely possible. 

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#6 of 24 Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM

I've been napping (and in bed early) and my discharge is creamy as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and sending lots of positive vibes to my uterus) but I know to keep level headed and calm about it until the magic day comes and goes (Dec. 15) with hopefully no visits from aunt flow! I know logically implantation is probably just beginning (if its happening) and I know all the science behind it dictates that I wouldn't know this early, but I know my body and something weird is up. If I'm not pregnant I'm sick or something (unless I'm totally baby-crazy and my body is just convincing myself my hopes are coming true!).

Thanks for the responses and I'll keep everyone updated!

#7 of 24 Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

With my youngest I knew I was pregnant about 2-3 days past ovulation because my cervical fluid went from fertile to creamy and my cervix stayed soft, instead of my fluid going dry and my cervix becoming firm. The more you know about your body and cycles, the easier it is to identify a very early pregnancy. By 7 days past ovulation I napped in the afternoon and had heartburn. For me those are two for sure signs that I am pregnant. By 9 days past ovulation I had a positive test.

A fertilized egg can implant by 2-4 days past ovulation, so feeling pregnancy symptoms so early is entirely possible. 

With each of my pregnancies, I have experienced this- CM turning stretchy-creamy instead of drying up, almost leading me to believe I hadn't really ovulated.  There are many women who claim to experience a very early onset of pregnancy symptoms, especially if implantation took place early on.  I say anything is possible in pregnancy.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#8 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 AM

I am only 7 dpo and I am having pretty intense breast tenderness. I can't seem to remember for sure if this is normal but I feel like it isn't - it is a period sign for me but I'm not due for that for another 7 days. Also (I posted this on the 30 TTC line too but would love more eyes):

So... I just took an Internet strip pregnancy test - I think that I am 7 dpo but my BBT was really off this month because I was sick (fever etc) so the charting wasn't as straightforward as usual... it's early to test I know but my breasts have been super swollen and tender and I'm not due for my period for another full week.

Anyhow, I don't have a faint pink line, but I do have a "clear" line. It happened right away and isn't a smudge or anything, it just is  clear line where a pink line should be - the rest is that pink streaky stuff you get and then you can see a place where the line should be.

Does that mean anything? Is it just a bad test?

Oh and also - my instructions say hold the strip in urine for only 3 seconds. Is that right? Should I be keeping it in longer?

Teacher, student, walker, writer, happy new wife; trying for 2 months (1st month, chemical pregnancy).

#9 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleymonroe View Post

I am only 7 dpo and I am having pretty intense breast tenderness. I can't seem to remember for sure if this is normal but I feel like it isn't - it is a period sign for me but I'm not due for that for another 7 days. Also (I posted this on the 30 TTC line too but would love more eyes):

So... I just took an Internet strip pregnancy test - I think that I am 7 dpo but my BBT was really off this month because I was sick (fever etc) so the charting wasn't as straightforward as usual... it's early to test I know but my breasts have been super swollen and tender and I'm not due for my period for another full week.

Anyhow, I don't have a faint pink line, but I do have a "clear" line. It happened right away and isn't a smudge or anything, it just is  clear line where a pink line should be - the rest is that pink streaky stuff you get and then you can see a place where the line should be.

Does that mean anything? Is it just a bad test?

Oh and also - my instructions say hold the strip in urine for only 3 seconds. Is that right? Should I be keeping it in longer?

It sounds like a bad test, but it's hard to say.  Just one clear line?  Or two?

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

#10 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Still trying to hold off taking a test until I know I won't be wasting my money, or it's close enough to my period due date that a dollar store test will work, BUT I did want to update that all of the light cramping, tiredness type symptoms are still there and today I had some unusual (for me) spotting that I don't think is spotting-- I think it's implantation bleeding :D. It's a week an a half early for my period, and the only time I ever spot is when all the girls on my derby league start their periods the week coming up to my period and I'm exposed to all those girly hormones. I've been home for two months with a broken ankle, so that doesn't seem like the case here. I know at this stage (if it is even a stage) things can go all sorts of ways but so far these all seem like good signs!

If I can hold out 'til the 15th I'll test then, otherwise I'll get one of the sensitive pregnancy tests and test on the 10th and I'll let everyone know if I actually did "KNOW" so early or if I am THAT baby crazy.

Thanks again everyone for your opinions and information. 

#11 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Sorry to 'jump in' (we're not actively TTC, but am preggo(~19wks along) with our second.)  I knew my body really well, and knew both times within 10days that I was pregnant.  For me it was sore breasts both times.  The first time I tested immediately to know!  The second time I was more hesitant to actually confirm it and see the pink lines, since I learned about how many successful conceptions don't make it to successful pregnancies.  So the second time I didn't actually test until well after missing my period.  I just didn't want the emotional rollercoaster of knowing there was a successful conception, but that it didn't make it to actually missing a period...does that make sense...

So yes, a woman CAN know very early, but I don't know that it's all that *beneficial* to know a few days/or a week early unless it's just pure curiousity!  Likely just a matter of personal choice.

Married: 02/04   -   SAHM to Son: April '09   -    Pregnant: Due April '12

#12 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 12:26 PM

When I was TTC, I drove myself absolutely batsh*t by tuning in to every. little. thing. my body was feeling and then trying to analyze whether it was a symptom of pregnancy. And since it took us 15 months of trying before we actually conceived, I was mostly wrong. It was such a crazy roller coaster, and it was very hard on me (and my marriage).

I finally had to learn to just "tune out" after we tried. Focus on other things. Not get obsessed. The round when I did actually conceive, I didn't feel any different than I had any previous round. In fact, once I knew for sure I was pregnant, I was impatient to get symptoms! LOL But it took like 6 weeks after ovulation for nausea to kick in.

I'm not doubting that there are women who know right away that they are pregnant. I'm just saying that for me, trying to "feel pregnant" was making me crazy.

Living in Wisconsin with my partner of 20+ years and our DDenergy.gif(Born 10/09/08 ribboncesarean.gif). Why CI Mama? Because I love contact improvisation!

#13 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Hi there - I wish I had more to say for other people's experience but I've never been pregnant and this is my first month trying! I just want everyone - shanniecakes! - to know I'm rooting for them :)

There were 2 lines on my test, the usual control line and then right where I'd think the other line would go was a clearly marked "line" except the line was clear - meaning it just looked like the dye streaks didn't touch that part. I have really sore breasts and swelling. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up- it's our first month trying. I'm 32 but my husband is 25 so I keep hoping it'll happen fast :). Any ideas on this testing thing? It definitely wasn't an evaporation line, though, because it happened immediately - not once the urine had dried.

Also does anyone know how long I'm supposed to keep the strip in there? My instructions say 3 seconds but that seems SO short to me!

I also am using the Internet test strips. I picked up an early result Rite Aid test today which I think I will use tomorrow - I'll be 7 DPO then.

Teacher, student, walker, writer, happy new wife; trying for 2 months (1st month, chemical pregnancy).

#14 of 24 Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleymonroe View Post

Hi there - I wish I had more to say for other people's experience but I've never been pregnant and this is my first month trying! I just want everyone - shanniecakes! - to know I'm rooting for them :)

There were 2 lines on my test, the usual control line and then right where I'd think the other line would go was a clearly marked "line" except the line was clear - meaning it just looked like the dye streaks didn't touch that part. I have really sore breasts and swelling. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up- it's our first month trying. I'm 32 but my husband is 25 so I keep hoping it'll happen fast :). Any ideas on this testing thing? It definitely wasn't an evaporation line, though, because it happened immediately - not once the urine had dried.

Also does anyone know how long I'm supposed to keep the strip in there? My instructions say 3 seconds but that seems SO short to me!

I also am using the Internet test strips. I picked up an early result Rite Aid test today which I think I will use tomorrow - I'll be 7 DPO then.

Ah, okay.  That makes more sense.  This sounds like a negative or invalid test.  If the test had picked up HCG in your urine, the spot where the line would be would be filled with dye.  Which is NOT to say that you're not pregnant, just that this test either was a lemon, or you're too early in your cycle to tell.   :)  I'll probably take some flack for this, but I dip my tests longer than three seconds--more like 5-7 seconds.  

#15 of 24 Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Just saw your post in the other thread, hadlymonroe!  Big congrats to you!!  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#16 of 24 Old 12-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Thank you! I am so excited!!

I know everyone is different but boy oh by, I can definitely say that I had symptoms just a (small) handful of days post ovulation. My breasts are SO SORE!!! Now let's hope it's a "sticky bean".... :)

#17 of 24 Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM

I knew I was pregnant before AF was due. I went to the doctor and got a false positive test, for the next 2 weeks I was so confused as I felt pregnant, but doctor had told me I wasn't. At the time I had never heard of a false negative. Two weeks later I re-tested (at the doctor's again) and got my confirmation. I think some women are able to tell sooner than others.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#18 of 24 Old 12-09-2011, 08:16 PM

congrats hadleymonroe, sending you lots of sticky vibes!

#19 of 24 Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Hi guys,

Well, now I'm not sure what's going on. I got a BFP yesterday morning and the morning before that, using an Early Result Rite Aid test. There was a faint line but definitely a line, that showed up both times. But then in the afternoon, I used an One Step pregnancy test (the strip kind you can get on Amazon) and it was negative, so then that made me nervous so I took another Early Result test in the evening (around 7) and it was negative too. Then this morning I tried another strip and it was negative. My hubby is going to Rite Aid to get another package of the Early Result kind...

I'm feeling discouraged because I looked online and it looks like the levels of HCG measured in both tests is about the same, which makes me worry this was a chemical pregnancy. Also, my breasts aren't quite as sore as they were two days ago.... I have an appointment for a blood test on Tuesday with the doctor.

Thoughts? Does anyone know about this stuff? Is there still a chance I'm pregnant?

Oh, and I'm still not due for my period for another 3 days....

I guess I should have known we wouldn't knock it out of the park on our first try, but I was so excited to think that we did!

#20 of 24 Old 12-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Yes there is still a chance, many times tests don't come up positive until even after you've missed your period. It's hard not to get caught up in the testing. Until you get your period there is still a chance.

A few suggestions, if your going to frequently test the dollar store brand test is actually one of the most sensitive and is, well, a dollar.

I knew I was pregnant with DS1 before we even conceived, but that is rare. I had 'thought' I could be pregnant many times before, but with DS1 there was this...peace.

DS2 no clue.

Sometimes when women are trying they become more aware of the regular hormonal changes they never noticed before and mistake pregnancy.

Oh and if you temp you can see a clear difference in pregnancy cycle verses non. fertility friend is great, oh and peeonastick.com

Good luck!

ETA: time you test and variablity even between lots can affect early testing.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#21 of 24 Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Thanks so much for the feedback - it is so nice to hear from anybody on this - I feel so confused!

What are the things I should watch out for on my chart? I am temping....

#22 of 24 Old 12-10-2011, 07:09 PM

My guess is that, since your period isn't even due yet, some tests just aren't sensitive enough to pick up the hcg in your urine every time- especially if the pee you're using is slightly more diluted than the pee you got the + with.   In a few more days, it's likely that you will be getting stronger positives.  Also, the ladies on this board have eagle eyes when it comes to seeing lines, and they are a great help if you're confused about lines/no lines- you might post photos?

So sorry you are dealing with the stress of this!  I know how nail-biting this can be.

Regarding your chart, is your post-o temp still high?   

#23 of 24 Old 12-10-2011, 08:50 PM

i'm not sure - today it was 97.97. But as I posted on another board I am 99% sure it's over ... I got a negative First Response Early Result today too, and I am not having the symptoms I was. That makes 3 negative pregnancy tests after the 2 positive. I am so sad.... :( and now another month to wait! We just got married and this was our first month trying so I know I shouldn't be so negative about it, just should be feeling positive that I was at least able to GET pregnant... but I am sad.

#24 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM

I am TTC #2, so I don't have more than one pregnancy to go on, but with #1, I absolutely could tell about a day after we conceived.

I think it was about 36 hours after, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling vaguely queasy and ravenous. I couldn't fall back to sleep without eating something!

Waking in the middle of the night was very unusual for me at the time ( ha ha - not anymore!) and it felt like a real clue.

I continued to wake up and need to eat in the night for the next few weeks... and for the rest of my pregnancy!

I SO knew I was pregnant but a test didn't show positive until 4 or 5 days after I would have expected my next period. I went through a lot of tests until then!! And it was pretty stressful feeling so sure but not knowing for certain.

So, yes, I think for some women it is possible to feel different almost immediately.

Good luck!!

Artist and mother to Naftali age 3, and Nomi born September 2012.  winner.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page